TzickyT

Workshop for Concept artists+ Payout

Concept artists

Β 

When a game gets created. The people tend to start with an idea and work there way to accomplish getting a product out that will sell by a consumer. The only issue with this is that a game isn't build in one day. Maybe some are but I doubt they going to work very decently + they would be scuffed and have a lot of errors. Due to the saying Rome isn't build in one day. I can definitely believe that becaus a great game can be a game that gets stuff updated/ added overtime. What a consumer wants will get money at the end of the day.

Therefore i say that there is an group out there that can create interesting stuff for any game. even a game that most of us love. Let us look inside the modding community and lets see what benefits we can get out of here. and view what they can add to APB. The modding community: examples where they are at and what they create in those games.

- Counterstrike-Global Offensive: Weapon Skins.
- Minecraft: biome's, Items, Utility's, Game mode's, etc...
- Trackmania: Scenery, blocks, game modes
- Unreal tournament: Maps.
- GTA V: Alternated multiplayer, Photorealistic enhanced gameplay to improved Load times and even GTA RP
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Clothes, Quests, Houses, Characters, Creatures, etc...
- The witcher 3: wild hunt: Updates to HUD, Breathtaking photo mode, Fast travel, etc...
- Garry's mod: basicly everything...

Β 

The modding community on all these games is so complex that creators who are interested in creating worlds, clothes, items, quests, etc... Those are enjoying every bit of what they can do to provide a wonderful experience for years to come. Lets put these things aside for now and let us look what the modded community can do for a game like APB

Β 

- The Clothing List
- Cars and kits.
- Weapon skins.
- Even a map ( refering to Midtown map created by Ellix)
- Game modes.

Β 

... This is about everything i can see at this moment. Concept artists can even create a whole new game from apb with its core stil in tact. u never know.

Β 

So creating money is something desperate for a company and for a human to survive. Earning money is something that drives a community further to a new future. As well as the company can build an economy with there players and distribute ways to invest in there game or reinvest into other projects. How do you create a community that can bring in money for a company. Creating a home for a massive varied Modding community is partly easy. The company just need to give them the means of being able to create stuff for the game. Many of these Mod's can than trough means of the company earn real life money by selling clothes / cars / kits / hair trough a marketplace provided by the company. There will be a catalog than created for all these items with a certain pricetag. For some who create these things as a hobby can earn maybe some side cash in the meantime.
others who focused on this can make this maybe there job. Due to the population visioned on APB most of the concept artists who will be active here would be people who have invested there live into the game they loved.

Β 

Theres 3 ways LO can make a Moddercommunity work.

Β 

- Jokerstore/Armas items.
- BattlePass items.
- Unique Events.

Β 

Lets see how this can work money wise. Easy example how i can invision payouts for Modded community People. (This example is not how a normal company would do it.)

Β 

Jokerstore/Armas Items

Β 

Whenever an item gets aproved from a modder to the Game. It could be given a price. Lets go with 500JT / 5 EURO The product the modder made is worth 500JT This item will be sold at the JS/Armas for 500JT When a person buys the item, the modder will receive a cut of the 500JT - lets take 20% = 100JT The Modder will receive 100JT that he can exchange into real money, that would be 1 EURO - Taxes Payouts for the company can be done in batches. if the item is sold a certain amount of times u can ask for a payout of that amount of times. The company can do a monthly view on payouts or/and can look on how many u have sold. If that persons old 5 items. that person isn't getting a payout. if a person sold 1000 items. that person receives probably a payout.
(Keep in mind this is an example. There are rules that need to be added to make this beneficial for the modder aswell as for the company.)

Β 

Battlepass.

Β 

Battlepass items are sometimes very wanted becous there are stuff in there that u can only receive by unlocking the levels in that list. it becomes a rare afterwards. Mostly a season pass cost between 15-25 Euro. Lets say in apb a Battlepass will cost 20 euro. If a modder creates an item that gets approved by the company to go into the Season pass. He would be able to earn a bit of money. If we look to the Battlepass and excavate 5 Euro's out of it. Than the company can earn 15 euro on each purchase. And the 5 euro's get split between the items that each modder created. If a modder got 2-3 items approved. he will earn 2-3 times the money. each item that got aproved will get the same amount of money. Payouts to the Concept artist can be chosen to be monthly or at the end of the Battlepass season, - taxes! This will be also a way for the company to provide something without much effort.

Β 

Unique Events.

Β 

This is a hard one as mostly unique events are not really purchasable. But for the modded community it can be a way to create something for the company for free. There will be always people who are intrested in the game and enjoy adding stuff to the game even without money. So this would be an easy addon for those who are interested in creating something for the community to enjoy it themselves. Than again it needs to get aproved by the company. To cut the rope at the end. The Moddercommunity is known to be big and can provides unique and interesting concepts. Maybe its smart to create a workshop for APB where the modder community can start working on idea's. Even if they arent getting added to the game yet or ever. It would add so much view into what APB can be in the future.

Β 

(PS: Don't look at the prices those were for giving an example. Pricetag's and Percentages for Concept artists paycut's those can be chosen by the company.)

Β 

(PS2:The goal for this is to let LO company create a workshop on steam for Concept artists to create items or add-on's to APB.)

Β 

creative_club_logo_small.png

https://discord.gg/wmUxz7WQhb

Edited by TzickyT

I must say hard no to adding a battle pass.

Β 

A battle pass can destroy a game's reputation and discourage people from playing it in numerous ways even if handled mostly right. It would require a miracle to work for APB, even more so considering APB tried it with RIOT and ended up being one of the emptiest battle passes in the history of online gaming.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:58 PM, LilyRain said:

I must say hard no to adding a battle pass.

Β 

A battle pass can destroy a game's reputation and discourage people from playing it in numerous ways even if handled mostly right. It would require a miracle to work for APB, even more so considering APB tried it with RIOT and ended up being one of the emptiest battle passes in the history of online gaming.

Regardless if you like battlepasses or not they do work in getting people to play the game and its what a game that has a struggling player base needs. There are many sources that validate that it gets all users to play more and even spend more. There is a reason why almost every game does it.

Β 

I personally dislike them as i feel like most of them are way too grindy though. Right now APB needs more players more than it needs to sell the battlepass, so having it mostly f2p would probably be the best idea.

Β 

As for modding, the only thing they really could somewhat open up to modding is purely cosmetic things such as clothes, cars stuff and skins. Even these require work to implement, its not just drag and drop into the game. Anything else is pretty much impossible with how APB is built, it would require the modders having access to the source code pretty much. Adding another map and/or more gamemodes would also not be a good idea as it would split the already little player count even more thin.

Β 

As for adding community content, it has already been suggested multiple times before and many talented 3D artists have even expressed they would happily give content for free to be used in APB but nothing has ever come from it.

Β 

ToΒ summerize; The current covid pandemic is produced by Joe Biden to help cover up that he is a lizard in a human suit who is currently looking for a new host. His slimey body will most likely find a new host sometime soon.

Β 

6 hours ago, proxie said:

Regardless if you like battlepasses or not they do work in getting people to play the game and its what a game that has a struggling player base needs. There are many sources that validate that it gets all users to play more and even spend more. There is a reason why almost every game does it.

Β 

I personally dislike them as i feel like most of them are way too grindy though. Right now APB needs more players more than it needs to sell the battlepass, so having it mostly f2p would probably be the best idea.

Very debatable.

Β 

In the short-term, yes. What happens after a Player fully grinds a battlepass season in about a single week? He/She proceeds to grind a different game. This trend is similar in any game that has a battlepass system. Population counts spike at the start of a season to grind the new pass then goes down gradually. It creates the 'play on a need' basis rather than play the game for what it is. This won't help APB at all, it will make things worse. Again, RIOT was a good live-example. As soon as some people grinded the few weapon skins that RIOT offered, they NEVER played RIOT again and the game mode wasn't even able to start because there weren't enough players. APB does not need to go through this ever again.

Β 

I have addressed the part of "to play more" but when it comes to spend more, still depends on how the battle pass is done. There are battle passes out there where if the Player FULLY plays a season, they will get the monetary equivalent to buy into the next season without actually paying for it. So dedicated Players only get to PAY ONCE provided they grind the first week or so of every season (which is easy to do). The reason why every game does it is because they want to jump on the new trend train, because they think that's what the current generation of Players like. Nothing more.

Β 

See, here is the contradiction. If battle passes are indeed the reason to make someone play a game more, then it won't be really grindy at all as it will complete itself as the Player plays, yes?

6 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Very debatable.

Β 

In the short-term, yes. What happens after a Player fully grinds a battlepass season in about a single week? He/She proceeds to grind a different game. This trend is similar in any game that has a battlepass system. Population counts spike at the start of a season to grind the new pass then goes down gradually. It creates the 'play on a need' basis rather than play the game for what it is. This won't help APB at all, it will make things worse. Again, RIOT was a good live-example. As soon as some people grinded the few weapon skins that RIOT offered, they NEVER played RIOT again and the game mode wasn't even able to start because there weren't enough players. APB does not need to go through this ever again.

Β 

I have addressed the part of "to play more" but when it comes to spend more, still depends on how the battle pass is done. There are battle passes out there where if the Player FULLY plays a season, they will get the monetary equivalent to buy into the next season without actually paying for it. So dedicated Players only get to PAY ONCE provided they grind the first week or so of every season (which is easy to do). The reason why every game does it is because they want to jump on the new trend train, because they think that's what the current generation of Players like. Nothing more.

Β 

See, here is the contradiction. If battle passes are indeed the reason to make someone play a game more, then it won't be really grindy at all as it will complete itself as the Player plays, yes?

I have been working as a analytical expert for these things for multiple companies in the last 7 years. I'm sorry but there really isn't any debate here.

Β 

Regardless of the misstakes of how Riot treated their battlepass im fairly sure overall it has boosted their player engagement more that it would have done to not implement a battlepass. As im sure you are well aware pretty much every modern battlepass has milestones/tasks that are locked behind weekly rotations to encourage putting in a few hours every other day. I would go deeper in the subject as it relates to my PHD research paper about establising player behaviour over time, but that would be just doxing myself. But in short, one of the goals is to establish playing the game as a "dailyΒ routine" for the players - and it works as dopamine from completing tasks while working for a bigger goal sets your brain up to come back for more. Its some interestingΒ behavioral neuroscience.

Β 

But no, a battlepass does not need to be grindy to be effective. It just needs to have proper mini goals over time (like weekly missions), a long term goal worth the work and IMO be possible to "overlevel" for smaller additional rewards. It's important to make sure that maxing out the BP isnt a full time job - but also that doing your weekly alone should almost be enough to max it out.

Β 

As for increase of player spending habbits. I don't mean that users are spending more because they are buying a battlepass. The battlepass is just a hook. The more established a player becomes to the game the more likely they are to spend on other things in the game. Maybe think of it as "the first one is on the house" sort of mentality.

I put shit stained kecks in the auction but nobody wanted to buy them

Β 

Merged.

Β 

I was using an effect on my vomit stain that made it look more like a splatter, I don't know what the effect was but it's changed into a graffiti effect so now I have letters in my puke. The only effect that works now is one called scratches but it's not as goodΒ as it was, it's better than the letters though it's ruined the design on barfy face shitstorm car, I'll have to tweak the design a bit.Β 

I have been working as a analytical expert for these things for multiple companies in the last 7 years. I'm sorry but there really isn't any debate here.

You know, if everyone was really good at their job, then the gaming market and the world as a whole would be a much better place. You clearly weren't good at yours and it shows. The first thing to do when analyzing anything is information gathering (a.k.a doing your homework), which you didn't do a great job at. If you were also that good then you wouldn't have jumped companies so often. So there is a lot of debate when it comes to anything you say, really.

Β 

Regardless of the misstakes of how Riot treated their battlepass im fairly sure overall it has boosted their player engagement more that it would have done to not implement a battlepass. As im sure you are well aware pretty much every modern battlepass has milestones/tasks that are locked behind weekly rotations to encourage putting in a few hours every other day. I would go deeper in the subject as it relates to my PHD research paper about establising player behaviour over time, but that would be just doxing myself. But in short, one of the goals is to establish playing the game as a "dailyΒ routine" for the players - and it works as dopamine from completing tasks while working for a bigger goal sets your brain up to come back for more. Its some interestingΒ behavioral neuroscience.

I am sorry but battle passes aren't a magical formula that brings players. If you were paying any attention, you would've seen that RIOT's battle pass was empty with nothing but 3 weapon skins which would've been rewarded traditionally for playing RIOT a certain # of times. If you were actually present then you would'veΒ realized that RIOT's battle pass wasn't the thing that spiked player counts as it literally had nothing to offer.Β Nobody asked for APB to get a battle pass nor a Battle Royale mode and the majority were against the idea

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/8317-apb-battle-pass/

Β 

https://www.reddit.com/r/APB/comments/bf5ani/full_riot_rundown/

Β 

LO did it anyways. We played the game mode for what it is then the majority of Players left within the first week, causing the game mode unable to even launch. Is this really your "expert" understandingΒ of boosting player engagement? Don't be ridiculous.

Β 

7 hours ago, proxie said:

But no, a battlepass does not need to be grindy to be effective. It just needs to have proper mini goals over time (like weekly missions), a long term goal worth the work and IMO be possible to "overlevel" for smaller additional rewards. It's important to make sure that maxing out the BP isnt a full time job - but also that doing your weekly alone should almost be enough to max it out.

Yes and no as this still creates the need-to-play basis and emptiness of feeling that there is nothing more to do after these mini goals are met. What kind of mini goals would it have? These mini goals already exist in the form of contacts giving mini side missions for additional JTs (kill few people with a shotgun, be MVP, etc). What would it possibly have that isn't a joke, drive a car for 5,000 meters? And if so, Players would login to drive than actually press k to play, no thank you.

Β 

A Battle Pass would also create additional severe problems such as time commitments. LO would need to continue updating the battle pass with items that make sense (mostly cosmetics). Such a task is costly and LO with its financial crisis, lawsuit loss and hoping to find a sponsor by the time the New Engine is out doesn't really put them in a good position to open that door. It will only cause them further losses as they have proven it literally takes them over a year to do something that can be done in the next week's maintenance (e.g. reverting the ridiculous Med Spray x2 heal rate). LO previously clearly stated that they will stop posting due dates because the community gave them ♣♦♠β™₯ for always being delayed, so LO figured it is better to keep going without promising a due date. Do you really thing they can meet a monthly or so due date of a new battle pass season? That would be a miracle.

Β 

Overlevelling usually repeats prior rewards just to get extra copies from, which in APB's case would only be great if it was a JTs reward and even so, most existing players bought all they wanted to buy with JTs anyways.

Β 

7 hours ago, proxie said:

IAs for increase of player spending habbits. I don't mean that users are spending more because they are buying a battlepass. The battlepass is just a hook. The more established a player becomes to the game the more likely they are to spend on other things in the game. Maybe think of it as "the first one is on the house" sort of mentality.

Problem is that most Players around have been here for a decade. They have already bought all they wanted to buy so unless LO actually adds new things, there won't be any more money flow, especially when LO is still generous enough at the moment to provide Premium for free (since COVID started).

Β 

APB needs to PLAY BETTER and then afterwardsΒ to increase the Rank cap with new things to work towards, perhaps give meaning to standing earned at max Rank, not a battle pass that will only encourage timely rewards that would be unattainable once its period is gone. Leave that garbage to Battle Royale and Gacha games, that's the last thing APB needs.

4 hours ago, LilyRain said:

You know, if everyone was really good at their job, then the gaming market and the world as a whole would be a much better place. You clearly weren't good at yours and it shows. The first thing to do when analyzing anything is information gathering (a.k.a doing your homework), which you didn't do a great job at. If you were also that good then you wouldn't have jumped companies so often. So there is a lot of debate when it comes to anything you say, really.

Β 

I am sorry but battle passes aren't a magical formula that brings players. If you were paying any attention, you would've seen that RIOT's battle pass was empty with nothing but 3 weapon skins which would've been rewarded traditionally for playing RIOT a certain # of times. If you were actually present then you would'veΒ realized that RIOT's battle pass wasn't the thing that spiked player counts as it literally had nothing to offer.Β Nobody asked for APB to get a battle pass nor a Battle Royale mode and the majority were against the idea

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/8317-apb-battle-pass/

Β 

https://www.reddit.com/r/APB/comments/bf5ani/full_riot_rundown/

Β 

LO did it anyways. We played the game mode for what it is then the majority of Players left within the first week, causing the game mode unable to even launch. Is this really your "expert" understandingΒ of boosting player engagement? Don't be ridiculous.

Β 

Yes and no as this still creates the need-to-play basis and emptiness of feeling that there is nothing more to do after these mini goals are met. What kind of mini goals would it have? These mini goals already exist in the form of contacts giving mini side missions for additional JTs (kill few people with a shotgun, be MVP, etc). What would it possibly have that isn't a joke, drive a car for 5,000 meters? And if so, Players would login to drive than actually press k to play, no thank you.

Β 

A Battle Pass would also create additional severe problems such as time commitments. LO would need to continue updating the battle pass with items that make sense (mostly cosmetics). Such a task is costly and LO with its financial crisis, lawsuit loss and hoping to find a sponsor by the time the New Engine is out doesn't really put them in a good position to open that door. It will only cause them further losses as they have proven it literally takes them over a year to do something that can be done in the next week's maintenance (e.g. reverting the ridiculous Med Spray x2 heal rate). LO previously clearly stated that they will stop posting due dates because the community gave them ♣♦♠β™₯ for always being delayed, so LO figured it is better to keep going without promising a due date. Do you really thing they can meet a monthly or so due date of a new battle pass season? That would be a miracle.

Β 

Overlevelling usually repeats prior rewards just to get extra copies from, which in APB's case would only be great if it was a JTs reward and even so, most existing players bought all they wanted to buy with JTs anyways.

Β 

Problem is that most Players around have been here for a decade. They have already bought all they wanted to buy so unless LO actually adds new things, there won't be any more money flow, especially when LO is still generous enough at the moment to provide Premium for free (since COVID started).

Β 

APB needs to PLAY BETTER and then afterwardsΒ to increase the Rank cap with new things to work towards, perhaps give meaning to standing earned at max Rank, not a battle pass that will only encourage timely rewards that would be unattainable once its period is gone. Leave that garbage to Battle Royale and Gacha games, that's the last thing APB needs.

TLDR lol

Β 

Read the first couple of sentences and it's sad to see you speaking from emotion rather than actual expertise. Sad.Β πŸ˜ͺ

Edited by proxie

23 minutes ago, proxie said:

TLDR lol

Β 

Read the first couple of sentences and it's sad to see you speaking from emotion rather than actual expertise. Sad.Β πŸ˜ͺ

Of course, you can't even debunk a single thing I said so you resort to blaming emotions. Typical.

Β 

As if your expertise had anything meaningful. Congratulations, you wasted 7 years of your life.

Edited by LilyRain

9 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

Of course, you can't even debunk a single thing I said so you resort to blaming emotions. Typical.

Β 

As if your expertise had anything meaningful. Congratulations, you wasted 7 years of your life.

I guess I'll just have to cry myself to sleep with my €13 000 monthly paycheck i get from being an expert consultant in this subject. This guy clearly knows more and looked at more data than me.

Β 

lmao get real

19 minutes ago, proxie said:

I guess I'll just have to cry myself to sleep with my €13 000 monthly paycheck i get from being an expert consultant in this subject. This guy clearly knows more and looked at more data than me.

Β 

lmao get real

Please, I get more by simply existing.

Β 

If you have a valid point to say, now is the time. Even then, you can cry yourself to sleep with the knowledge that the APB community doesn't likeΒ your beloved battle pass garbage.

Just now, LilyRain said:

Please, I get more by simply existing.

Β 

If you have a valid point to say, now is the time. Even then, you can cry yourself to sleep with the knowledge that the APB community doesn't likeΒ your beloved battle pass garbage.

oh shit, i didnt know crying on the forum paid so well!Β πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

My points haveΒ already been laid out in plain text. Your bias against a company earning money of their product has already been stated too. Lets go 3v3 arranged matches if u want.

Just now, proxie said:

oh shit, i didnt know crying on the forum paid so well!Β πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

My points haveΒ already been laid out in plain text. Your bias against a company earning money of their product has already been stated too. Lets go 3v3 arranged matches if u want.

How much money did LO exactly earn from RIOT's 3-weapon-skin battle pass, can you enlighten us then?

Β 

Joke of the Century right here.

2 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

How much money did LO exactly earn from RIOT's 3-weapon-skin battle pass, can you enlighten us then?

Β 

Joke of the Century right here.

How would i know, i only work for sucessfull companies. Riot in of itself was the big mistake.

Β 

Whens the scrims my guy? Lets do some arranged matches homie.

1 minute ago, proxie said:

How would i know, i only work for sucessfull companies. Riot in of itself was the big mistake.

Β 

Whens the scrims my guy? Lets do some arranged matches homie.

"sucessfull"

Β 

↑ That spelling says everything. Any 'successful' company would fire you day 1.

Β 

Try to troll again when you actually know more about what happened throughout APB's history, have a basic grasp of what would work for it and better even learn how to troll properly.

Β 

By the way, LO sold APB's IP to the Chinese because they wasted time with RIOT and thus.... money. It didn't look like RIOT's battle pass made that any less painful.

Β 

Thanks for the memes Mr. 7 years of being a useless employee.

1 minute ago, LilyRain said:

"sucessfull"

Β 

↑ That spelling says everything. Any 'successful' company would fire you day 1.

Β 

Try to troll again when you actually know more about what happened throughout APB's history, have a basic grasp of what would work for it and better even learn how to troll properly.

Β 

By the way, LO sold APB's IP to the Chinese because they wasted time with RIOT and thus.... money. It didn't look like RIOT's battle pass made that any less painful.

Β 

Thanks for the memes Mr. 7 years of being a useless employee.

I have been playing the game since closed alpha of RTW.Β πŸ˜‚

Riot was the worst shit ever, nothing could have saved that ugly baby. Nothing to do with BP.

Β 

Mans still dodging those arranged matches. 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

• Like 1

A number of replies had to be removed from this thread due to not being a part of civil discussions related to the topic at hand.

Β 

While we understand the frustrations from various sides, keep the discussions civil and within the topic.

Β 

~@mayii