FrostySquidKid

Suggestions: Character Personalities and tweaks?

I like this feature in GTA V where you can choose the personality of your character, which reflects on how the characters walk, run, and how they look (smiling, angry). From what i have noticed since starting, the guys and girls walk the same. Also it would be nice to have a choice of your voice, like when you get shot. APB in my opinion still has the best character customization in any PC game by far (in my opinion) and hopefully it will improve. My other suggestion is to add way better hairstyles. Please. They are terrible. Also my character has HUGE thumb nails for some reason, it can't be my PC, i have a decent GPU. My next suggestion would be adding a motorcycle, that would be so fun! My last suggestion, but most certainly not least, would be better load times for when you first launch the game. I have an I5 processor and it still takes minutes for the intro to even start playing after showing the APB logo for minutes.

Thanks for listening!!! Please be kind lol

• Like 1

Several suggestions in one topic :) would be nice to be able to customize your characters personality, but it would require a lot of work to make all those animations, and I'd consider that pretty low priority for now.

Perhaps new emotes being sold through Armas? Different dances seems like a big thing for Fortnite for example.

New hairstyles is something I'd really think the game would need, as they'd be much simpler to add as well. Down the line it would be nice with better hair customization, similar to Black Desert Online.

Motorcycles have been suggested since the origin of APB. Would also require a lot of work, not to mention discussing how they're supposed to work.

The loading time for APB is ridiculous, but I think we'd have to wait for the engine overhaul for that. Matt have mentioned that he like the original APB login screen, and I think it would severely help not having to load in several scenes before starting the game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dopefish said:

Motorcycles have been suggested since the origin of APB. Would also require a lot of work, not to mention discussing how they're supposed to work.

The loading time for APB is ridiculous, but I think we'd have to wait for the engine overhaul for that. Matt have mentioned that he like the original APB login screen, and I think it would severely help not having to load in several scenes before starting the game.

Motorcycles wouldn't work in this game, there's too many people ramming each other, regardless of being in a mission or not, making the motorcycles a hassle to drive.

However, the old and original login screen, although looking simpler, was just great and I'll be more than happy to have it back, or have something with a similar style.

I could write a lot about this but the main issue I see against this is the game needs predictability even in simple things such as animations.

APB is closer to a competitive shooter than GTA is more an open world sandbox. Because of this those animations need to predictable for players to play at optimal levels. A lot of this comes down to subconscious patterns and muscle memory.

16 hours ago, FrostySquidKid said:

I like this feature in GTA V where you can choose the personality of your character, which reflects on how the characters walk, run, and how they look (smiling, angry). From what i have noticed since starting, the guys and girls walk the same. Also it would be nice to have a choice of your voice, like when you get shot. APB in my opinion still has the best character customization in any PC game by far (in my opinion) and hopefully it will improve. My other suggestion is to add way better hairstyles. Please. They are terrible. Also my character has HUGE thumb nails for some reason, it can't be my PC, i have a decent GPU. My next suggestion would be adding a motorcycle, that would be so fun! My last suggestion, but most certainly not least, would be better load times for when you first launch the game. I have an I5 processor and it still takes minutes for the intro to even start playing after showing the APB logo for minutes.

Thanks for listening!!! Please be kind lol

15 hours ago, Dopefish said:

Several suggestions in one topic 🙂 would be nice to be able to customize your characters personality, but it would require a lot of work to make all those animations, and I'd consider that pretty low priority for now.

Perhaps new emotes being sold through Armas? Different dances seems like a big thing for Fortnite for example.

New hairstyles is something I'd really think the game would need, as they'd be much simpler to add as well. Down the line it would be nice with better hair customization, similar to Black Desert Online.

Well... LO-G1 can use GTA Online and Saints Row 1 and 2 as prime example of this kind of customization. 

Like people usually say around these lairs that any customization is welcomed... still doubt they would do that kind of work just for free.

About the motorcycle is a meme by now. Even if they add such tranport in apb it would have the same income as carsurfer, you would get rekt in no time. It just wont work in apb.