Preme

ENABLE THREAT SEGREGATION

game was already low pop, now its dying even harder, at this pace i doubt there will be anyone left before the engine upgrade.

Edited by Preme
  • Like 6

Thread segregation requires higher population than the one currently this game has.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Thread segregation requires higher population than the one currently this game has.

Well, before unsegregation we had  relatively stable pop, only then we started rising it, then we started losing it again (approx. after Halloween event ended).Perhaps people quit due to even more terrible matchmaking, add some closet or not closet cheaters up here. Add some average apb problems had since release and here we go.

4 hours ago, Saxtus said:

and for higher population we need some new game content like the new contacts already made by G1

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Preme said:

i doubt there will be anyone left before the engine upgrade.

The Engine is a Hoax

20 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

No, let the dethreaters be feasted upon.

So the Sociopath staff can sit back n get their jolly's, and watch the 6 alleged dethreaters, and the rest of the 'Real golds' farming bronzie's and T's as the game spirals out of business. Pretty much ending the game for anyone who isn't a hack or gold, and ending any Free Rome Role Play, because its just a Sandbox full of broken glass and animal dung.

The Children aren't allowed to play in the sandbox anymore.

I'll Never Pay A Dime to this game, even if you bring me an engine tomorrow, not after being so immoral 

• Thanks 1

the people that are quitting are the dethreaters, they can no longer bully the new players / less skilled players and have to actually face a challenge so they are quitting to go play bot matches on league

• Like 3

Actual decent people quit because they're bored of playing dookie people.
Silvers, bronzes and greens (if they are still a thing) quit because they're getting their patootie whooped.
Bless LO for killing the game they were trying to save 🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cuve said:

Actual decent people quit because they're bored of playing dookie people.
Silvers, bronzes and greens (if they are still a thing) quit because they're getting their patootie whooped.
Bless LO for killing the game they were trying to save 🙏

All good players quit way before we desegregated the only players leaving are the salty dethreaters who now actually have to play missions against decent opp

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

So the Sociopath staff can sit back n get their jolly's, and watch the 6 alleged dethreaters, and the rest of the 'Real golds' farming bronzie's and T's as the game spirals out of business. Pretty much ending the game for anyone who isn't a hack or gold, and ending any Free Rome Role Play, because its just a Sandbox full of broken glass and animal dung.

The Children aren't allowed to play in the sandbox anymore.

I'll Never Pay A Dime to this game, even if you bring me an engine tomorrow, not after being so immoral 

This is exactly the thing. Dethreaters didn't let children and new players play, that is why they are so delicious to farm. They deserve this for what they have done. APB would've been much more lively if they didn't set out to do what they did.

No threat made me losing interesting in playing districts. We already had bad matchmaking, now I’m getting bronzes and silvers to play against me. It’s just boring to play right now

please do not listen to the noobs that asks for thread segregation... the game needs much more pop for that.

Current system is just better considering the circumstances, at least me as many others are able to play in an active district instead of afking in social cuz no silver/gold district is available.

• Like 1

Why would you ever want to segregate even further with a world wide population of 400?

• Like 1

Solution/Alternative: make winning and losing missions give the same increased contact standing...... 🙂 

Edited by Theronguard
adding

1 minute ago, Theronguard said:

Solution/Alternative: make winning and losing missions give the same increased contact standing...... 🙂 

This alternative is both heaven and hell in 1.

Upside: There will be no meaning to winning or losing, so players who want to play will simply play the game.

Downside: A good number of Players whom aren't at max Rank will simply abuse this and instead of playing, they will make sure they lose early to better maximize their standing per hour. We will have a major problem similar to dethreating. Instead of dethreating, players will play a single stage or 2 before losing on purpose. It won't be pretty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

Downside: A good number of Players whom aren't at max Rank will simply abuse this and instead of playing, they will make sure they lose early to better maximize their standing per hour. We will have a major problem similar to dethreating. Instead of dethreating, players will play a single stage or 2 before losing on purpose. It won't be pretty.

Agreed but the downside is a blessing in disguise, Even though the matches will be short, the game will be fun to play because r 255 is a long way, there are other things besides contact standing to progress, population will increase etc..... i think that downside will solve itself in the long term and in the randomness of who has to defend or do objective.

Or only in the final stage of the mission whether u win or lose u get the same contact standing. 🙂 

I have my rank built up from 572hours of losses and 1% wins 😞  

If ur still reading......XD........TBH if i was the owner of apb id implement a few things without changing the game whether it is before or after engine upgrade i cannot say XD:

• Make premium free and permanent with the game
  • Same contact standing for winning and losing
  • Have a constant event once a month that give 1500jt to 2000jt   
  • implement Raid bosses in opposition contacts through AI that give $50,000 to $100.000 Apb$ capping at: you can only do 3 boss fights per day so $250.000 A DAY / find some other ways to earn Apb$ money than ramraiding raiding 
  • Increase the type of customizable clothing items in Armas marketplace / gage my profits from the aesthetic side of the game  rather than from the player's actual combat stuff which affects gameplay and ruined the game in the first place.

Edited by Theronguard
adding
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, greenfield said:

please do not listen to the noobs

They Dont, they are and have been listening only to golds, toxics, and hackers. They have been doing what U golds begged for, to farm bronzies n greens. LO absolutely hates Real players, or Noobs as u call us.  You know the noobs with a wallet, ya they dont like us, after taking our money. And u will note that I have not been around.

I'm not gonna lower myself to you golds level by hacking, n believe me I've considered it.

But no, not only is it morally and ethically beneath me, I would be stimulating the same criminal organization that ruined this game and others, then I would be also risking my cc number, my pc core. and have to relearn playing with hax, hahaha no way. 

Not for this ancient 2D game, not with staff that are as toxic or worse than than the players. ei desegregating so the toxic golds and toxics hackers can come n talk down to bronzies after running aim bots, then smearing the bronze, n afterward they t bag.

Wonder if the missing ceo even knows about what the dev did with desegregation, he's had no comments on it. So either he is not aware or doesn't care. They tried killing the game off this way a year ago with desegregation with disastrous results, but they fixed it before xmas. This time they messed up xmas too.

Now Desegregation is Permanent.  You dont hear them giving a time line or a pop requirement level to resegregate, So the game is over n I have been Robbed of 3 Grand. So no matter what they do, new engine, new guns, my old pickup truck n a double barrel shotgun, even banning hax at this stage.

They will NEVER get a Dime from me. I'd rather burn my money in the street than give it to that toxic evil dev and his token ceo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

tl;dr: seg on or off doesn't matter at this point. get off the forums if you don't like reading nerd kek ecksdee ecksdee ecksdee omegalul

Reenabling threat segregation

In the case of NA

What would happen is the most skilled players would be forced to either de-threat, play on the European server at a latency disadvantage (which is also dying, I've been watching the pop counter website they don't even consistently pass 400 anymore, not even 300 a few times already), or not play at all, or maybe linger in the silver district with hopes a few people join, fighting either other high tier players (which is good) or mid tier players who can no longer join the bronze district. 

The players in the middle (which last I played there are genuinely very few of, probably the smallest demographic, and probably was once the largest) would either end up in the same boat as the most skilled players (not because of the skill but because of the arbitrary color the threat system decides they are) or they would be able to play but end up out performing the lesser skilled players while they're able to access the bronze district, which would inevitably force them into the same situation mentioned above by inevitably being assigned 'gold'

They're pretty much screwed either way, and have been for a while, which is part of why the population has sank so low. Middle tier and low tier players are the most valuable to your game. Argue as much as you want, no way around it, less of those players = less future high tier players = less overall players and when the middle gets cut out top vs bottom completely destroys any chances of a fun experience and more people just stop bothering.

And the lesser skilled players are screwed either way too because even with good population, the matchmaking in the game has historically been absolute garbage, and was made worse with the god awful decision to make districts 40/40 instead of the previous 50/50,  20 extra players in a matchmaking pool, especially for this game, makes a difference (also no, it's too late to bother putting it back to 50/50, would make little difference at this point, except MAYBE for Europe) So what would happen is they'd either go against mid tier players and get rolled, then probably claim de-threat when in reality most of those players get rolled just as bad in the other district, or get good rng and get an actually decent match. Not saying dethreating doesn't exist, but it most certainly wasn't as bad as people made it out to be either

In the case of EU it's probably different but I don't play there (or anywhere right now, it's healthier to not play APB right now) so couldn't tell you

By LOs logic, which as of recently I disagree with some of, allowing as many players as possible to enter non empty districts made more sense, why run servers if they're going to sit empty and idle and cost money to keep up. I'm still not sure whether disabling seg was a good idea, at first it was nice to be able to actually play the game again, but as with many things after time the flaws began to show (cough like the weapon balance cough)

As a whole the way the matchmaking has worked has contributed to the dying population numbers, and probably more than most think, as it's always screwed over the middle tier and low tier players, regardless of which company has owned the game, and the neglect from those companies (LO included, engine excuse is nothing but, an excuse, they've demonstrated several times the current game can be drastically changed on the current one. I don't think anyone cares about the engine at this point) to do anything about it has left us in this situation.

It's too late to bother turning it back on in my opinion, we'd see a temporary increase in the player counts, then watch as it dropped back to where it was before, and continue the consistent overall downtrend the game has had.

Also, Matt, I re-watched some of the Q&A sessions.
I think your math is wrong, the game was most certainly NOT gaining thousands of new players a day.

11 hours ago, Theronguard said:

Agreed but the downside is a blessing in disguise, Even though the matches will be short, the game will be fun to play because r 255 is a long way, there are other things besides contact standing to progress, population will increase etc..... i think that downside will solve itself in the long term and in the randomness of who has to defend or do objective.

Or only in the final stage of the mission whether u win or lose u get the same contact standing. 🙂 

I have my rank built up from 572hours of losses and 1% wins 😞  

If ur still reading......XD........TBH if i was the owner of apb id implement a few things without changing the game whether it is before or after engine upgrade i cannot say XD:

• Make premium free and permanent with the game
  • Same contact standing for winning and losing
  • Have a constant event once a month that give 1500jt to 2000jt   
  • implement Raid bosses in opposition contacts through AI that give $50,000 to $100.000 Apb$ capping at: you can only do 3 boss fights per day so $250.000 A DAY / find some other ways to earn Apb$ money than ramraiding raiding 
  • Increase the type of customizable clothing items in Armas marketplace / gage my profits from the aesthetic side of the game  rather than from the player's actual combat stuff which affects gameplay and ruined the game in the first place.

I see. Yes, there would indeed be potential blessings to it. Perhaps also there won't be any need for people to /abandonmission or to restart the game because last stage is V.I.P or Creme De La Crime mission. Perhaps a new culture would surface where Players would simply talk to each other and let it all end before last stage.

Yeah, it isn't really probable to win while Ranking up against seasoned players. They have all the experience, know all the spots, all the weapons, cars, muscle memories AND mods, while the Ranking up player is simply discovering them one at a time. I'm glad you made it all the way ❤️ 

I agree to all these points but I'd also add increasing Contact Standing reward from non-opposed missions. Making it like 80% of Standing earned from playing an actual mission would make more Players willing to log in earlier before peak times & to stay a bit longer afterwards, ultimately making the game slightly more alive.

• Like 1

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

- Azukii

I think you should only be able to visit districts with your current threat.

Gold districts have been empty for years now because people to tend to join silver with gold threat.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, nattsvart_katt said:

I think you should only be able to visit districts with your current threat.

Gold districts have been empty for years now because people to tend to join silver with gold threat.

do that and dethreating will be back.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 12:48 AM, Preme said:

game was already low pop, now its dying even harder, at this pace i doubt there will be anyone left before the engine upgrade.

Or lets just wait for the annihilation of this game and san paro