Cuve

Dear LO

Is Battle Eye even turned on right now or what is going on? 
I'm not the one to hackusate but it's getting ridiculous with the amount of (I almost can't get it out of my mouth) cheaters..
Any updates on it or?

• Like 1

Battle Eye does nothing for in-game cheating, it only deals with dds and client side ping issues. 

It will dump U if you have ping or cable issues. Its all between client and the log in server. 

It does nothing for aimbot, macro, teleport, lag bot, n all the rest. n what ever it does do,

they have probly found a way or have 'Written around it by now. 

tbh im about to just quit apb, i took a break then got on for christmas to play the event and to try my new gaming setup and pretty much every mission i got into there was a team of hackers or no lifes, even at one point there was (more then one) people talking about how they had been banned for hacking in chat ...

little orbit is losing good players that actually like the game and they arent doing anything about it nor does it seem like they care.

BattleEye was not even relevant after a few days after its implementation. Much less after a few weeks and as more time passes people get better to bypass and it's users get more confident.

With how BattleEye works right now it might aswell not be there at all.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shui said:

Gitgud you damn scrubs

Being good includes being able to identify cheaters. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shui said:

Gitgud you damn scrubs

I'm so sorry, I'll try to git gud now :v)

1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

Being good includes being able to identify cheaters. 

I  mean I usually have a suspicion but never really say it out loud because it just sounds like I'm making excuses for losing.
I usually just check with a few people if they know anything about it because I don't play that much ^^ 

Let them play cheater vs cheater and quit. When comes new anti cheat i come back. (Never?)

On 12/28/2021 at 1:56 PM, Cuve said:

I'm so sorry, I'll try to git gud now :v)

I  mean I usually have a suspicion but never really say it out loud because it just sounds like I'm making excuses for losing.
I usually just check with a few people if they know anything about it because I don't play that much ^^ 

The rule of thumb is, if you a face a cheater, its better to keep it to yourself and not let them know, you know the player is cheating, so you have a bit of advantage to play cautiously, but shamed them when they lose. 🙂 Also good practice to try to out aim an aim-botter, there is a chance they can screw up with the toggle key which I have seen previous cheaters I've encounter. 

Though Its rare to see players that have integrity these days. Like on Colby NA west server, if you were cheating or pretending to be legit facing a certain known clan or a certain player they shamed you to the point everyone would dislike you in-game and everyone would know you are cheating.

These players cannot be fooled by closet cheaters and can distinguished someone who's legitimate good or a fraud cheater by game-play without falsely accusations. Whereas these days for example I once saw players being fooled in believing this Australian player 300ms+ streaming on EU talking about how his going to play in the next tournament for APB? with his 300 ping which is already sus, boost he has beaten everyone on NA like is this a joke? the tournament for apb is already cringe but F*K he was serious, smooth aim everyone on asylum even with poor bit rate setting it was clear as day, so what a joke either the current apb players don't care or easily being persuaded and fooled by lies from cunning cheaters.

Truth be told even on Han server there were a bit of cheaters, hell one time some German cheater played on Han whispered me he was going to hunt me down but I was well aware he was a cheater and from Germany without him knowing or faced me before. See when the cheater whispered me the things he wants to do to me, but when it comes right down in doing it, he failed miserably, because I assessed the situation the german 350ms bad aim-bot was already in a disadvantage against my 120ms and I take out an OCA to favour me and when I executed that planned I nailed it every-time and that cheater had the audacity to called me a cheater and to video post it, which I did, never heard from him ever again and he was later banned 😛

So it proves even if APB has low population people still cheat, It doesn't surprise me if cheaters are currently cheating today, past month I saw a few playing in fight club and guess what I already know who they are from first sight previous known closet cheaters that were banned constantly, guess they keep buying new accounts. 

hell I've just open a twitch stream and there is already a guy cheating with smooth aim Name and Shame removed ~@mayii LOL lost while using cheats too. See either the game is so dead that no one cares or EU has a trend of cheaters or EU cheaters are similar to Chinese cheaters who are encouraging to cheat on video games. 

Whoever says report a cheater with video evidence to customer support works? because it's bull dust and good luck with that because they don't even bother to investigate and I can prove that, out of my curiosity several months ago I reported a known closet cheater on NA with video highlighting multiple clips of blatant cheating which should 100% lead to a manual banned for cheating *no investigation needed. But guess what months later I log on play fight club saw the same player but without cheats? (cheat sub ran out obviously) So either my ticket wasn't investigated yet? or they were relying on their Battle Eye to detect these private cheats which already undetected in order to warrant a banned? So it means customer support is poorly incompetent when dealing with cheaters and by me saying this, I predict there may be a increase of cheaters or legitimate players willing to cheat due to being confident on these private cheat subs.

My advice for active players who find facing cheaters a nuisance there's no point even playing let the cringy 2-bit trash cheaters play this game, either they get banned or their cheat sub will run out eventually. 

Edited by Deadliest

8 hours ago, Deadliest said:

The rule of thumb is, if you a face a cheater, its better to keep it to yourself and not let them know, you know the player is cheating, so you have a bit of advantage to play cautiously, but shamed them when they lose. 🙂 Also good practice to try to out aim an aim-botter, there is a chance they can screw up with the toggle key which I have seen previous cheaters I've encounter. 

Though Its rare to see players that have integrity these days. Like on Colby NA west server, if you were cheating or pretending to be legit facing a certain known clan or a certain player they shamed you to the point everyone would dislike you in-game and everyone would know you are cheating.

These players cannot be fooled by closet cheaters and can distinguished someone who's legitimate good or a fraud cheater by game-play without falsely accusations. Whereas these days for example I once saw players being fooled in believing this Australian player 300ms+ streaming on EU talking about how his going to play in the next tournament for APB? with his 300 ping which is already sus, boost he has beaten everyone on NA like is this a joke? the tournament for apb is already cringe but F*K he was serious, smooth aim everyone on asylum even with poor bit rate setting it was clear as day, so what a joke either the current apb players don't care or easily being persuaded and fooled by lies from cunning cheaters.

Truth be told even on Han server there were a bit of cheaters, hell one time some German cheater played on Han whispered me he was going to hunt me down but I was well aware he was a cheater and from Germany without him knowing or faced me before. See when this cheater whispered me the things he wants to do to me, but when it comes right down in doing it, they fail miserably, because I assessed the situation the german 350ms bad aim-bot was already in a disadvantage against my 120ms and I take out an OCA to favour me and when I executed that planned I nailed it every-time and that cheater had the audacity to called me a cheater and to video post it, which I did, never heard from him ever again and he was later banned 😛

So it proves even if APB has low population people still cheat, It doesn't surprise me if cheaters are currently cheating today, past month I saw a few playing in fight club and guess what I already know who they are from first sight previous known closet cheaters that were banned constantly, guess they keep buying new accounts. 

hell I've just open a twitch stream and there is already a guy cheating with smooth aim Name and Shame removed ~@mayii LOL lost while using cheats too. See either the game is so dead that no one cares or EU has a trend of cheaters or EU cheaters are similar to Chinese cheaters who are encouraging to cheat on video games. 

Whoever says report a cheater with video evidence to customer support works? because it's bull dust and good luck with that because they don't even bother to investigate and I can prove that, out of my curiosity several months ago I reported a known closet cheater on NA with video highlighting multiple clips of blatant cheating which should 100% lead to a manual banned for cheating *no investigation needed. But guess what months later I log on play fight club saw the same player but without cheats? (cheat sub ran out obviously) So either my ticket wasn't investigated yet? or they were relying on their Battle Eye to detect these private cheats which already undetected in order to warrant a banned? So it means customer support is poorly incompetent when dealing with cheaters and by me saying this, I predict there may be a increase of cheaters or legitimate players willing to cheat due to being confident on these private cheat subs.

My advice for active players who find facing nuisance cheaters there's no point even playing let the cringy 2-bit trash cheaters play this game, either they get banned or their cheat sub will run out eventually. 

You can't out aim an aimbotter unless they're braindead. You can however get better rng. If you ever used an aimbot or silentaim in apb you'd know apb has some of the most blatantly awful reg(really bad tickrate sub 30 tick most of the time and just bad servers and networking) and lag compensation because even with perfect tracking you'll still lose 1 or 2 out of 10 1v1's against legit players.  

42 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

You can't out aim an aimbotter unless they're braindead. You can however get better rng. If you ever used an aimbot or silentaim in apb you'd know apb has some of the most blatantly awful reg(really bad tickrate sub 30 tick most of the time and just bad servers and networking) and lag compensation because even with perfect tracking you'll still lose 1 or 2 out of 10 1v1's against legit players.  

have never used an aimbot though I do believe what you saying as I’ve encounter similar cases of it happening, terrible luck on those cheaters 😛

14 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

have never used an aimbot though I do believe what you saying as I’ve encounter similar cases of it happening, terrible luck on those cheaters 😛

Without smoothing its literally pixel perfect aiming with proper visual checks(apb has a history of producing bad visual checks in many cheats [ie locking on players behind walls]) it'll even change the location its locking to on the hitbox to the best possible location(most likely to produce a hit) regardless of how much of the hitbox is exposed. That being said the cheat code is also running on that persons computer so if its coded poorly(not properly multi-threaded or wasting cpu cycles or poor memory management) or the person pc sucks this can also lead to aimbot missing even apbs famous stuttering caused from garbage collection effects aimbot accuracy. Its actually a pretty good indicator that someone might be running cheat software if there average fps is lower than someone running the same hardware there is almost always at least some performance loss for running cheating software.

4 hours ago, Deadliest said:

I still don't know how to identify cheaters. Can someone give me a rundown please?

1 hour ago, Reprimand said:

I still don't know how to identify cheaters. Can someone give me a rundown please?

Having more knowledge than they should have(player positions) = esp/wallhack/2d radar this can be determined through how they play ie pre-firing/pre-aiming or running to you(has to happen repeatability). Aimbot is easy to spot if they stream same with esp but if not streaming its if they hit min ttk or near min ttk more consistently than should be possible(as stated above apb has always had pretty shit reg/tickrate/servers makes it quite hard to hit min ttk) and or consistent snaping/flicking.

You know situation is really bad when Cuve himself starts these topics...

15 hours ago, Nagletz said:

You know situation is really bad when Cuve himself starts these topics...

What are you implying.

Edited by Cuve

so many experts in this thread.. and as usual even more noobs complaining about someone being better. I don't deny that there are cheaters as well, some of them even go blatant and its sad to see these run around for weeks or months, but altogether the amount of cheating is far less then many of these crybabies on the forum suggest.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:50 PM, MACKxBOLAN said:

Battle Eye does nothing for in-game cheating, it only deals with dds and client side ping issues. 

It will dump U if you have ping or cable issues. Its all between client and the log in server. 

It does nothing for aimbot, macro, teleport, lag bot, n all the rest. n what ever it does do,

they have probly found a way or have 'Written around it by now. 

That would be the most inappropriate use for BattlEye ever. It is supposed to monitor and compare even heuristically running processes on your machine for possible cheats.

1 hour ago, Sniperturtle said:

inappropriate use for BattlEye ever.

Well I'm no authority on anti cheats, just going by what I've heard 3rd hand, but I do know this, Whatever it does, they have ways around it. either they disable the program or the 3rd partys have written around it

3 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Well I'm no authority on anti cheats, just going by what I've heard 3rd hand, but I do know this, Whatever it does, they have ways around it. either they disable the program or the 3rd partys have written around it

They DO publish information if you care to learn and understand it, and what you will learn from there will probably tell you that BattlEye is running on the lowest possible setting in APB. If you look on the starting page ironically they open up with PUBG which is one of the most cheated games in recent history followed by Rainbow Six Siege and ARK which are also in the list. But then there's also ArmA which has probably the lowest cheater population because it's just on a much sharper setting with BattlEye than the previous games (it's also less competitive and therefore not as tempting presumably).

Either way BattlEye CAN do a whole lot more and be a lot more efficient than it currently is in APB.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

BattlEye CAN do a whole lot more

Seems that is the case, i found this thread, and there are some interesting posts, that lead ya to wonder if they had it active on all instances, and is it still active in our 'Desegregation. 

4 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

They DO publish information if you care to learn and understand it, and what you will learn from there will probably tell you that BattlEye is running on the lowest possible setting in APB. If you look on the starting page ironically they open up with PUBG which is one of the most cheated games in recent history followed by Rainbow Six Siege and ARK which are also in the list. But then there's also ArmA which has probably the lowest cheater population because it's just on a much sharper setting with BattlEye than the previous games (it's also less competitive and therefore not as tempting presumably).

Either way BattlEye CAN do a whole lot more and be a lot more efficient than it currently is in APB.

The reason why you don't see as many cheaters in arma 3 is because its pop is small and the ppl who do cheat on arma 3 often do things that will get them a manual ban very quickly (nuking entire servers). All mainstream kernal anti-cheats(EAC, Battleye, and Vanguard) work in very similar ways and they all can be circumvented. The only way to stop cheating is to make anti-cheats more intrusive and or actually hire people who know how cheats work and what they look like(machine learning/ai isn't a good option either look at csgo with vacnet which literally doesn't function properly and will only flag the most blatant stuff which overwatch already would get/catch). 

Edited by MonkaS

6 hours ago, MonkaS said:

The reason why you don't see as many cheaters in arma 3 is because its pop is small and the ppl who do cheat on arma 3 often do things that will get them a manual ban very quickly (nuking entire servers). All mainstream kernal anti-cheats(EAC, Battleye, and Vanguard) work in very similar ways and they all can be circumvented. The only way to stop cheating is to make anti-cheats more intrusive and or actually hire people who know how cheats work and what they look like(machine learning/ai isn't a good option either look at csgo with vacnet which literally doesn't function properly and will only flag the most blatant stuff which overwatch already would get/catch). 

At this very moment Steam lists 7136 active players, not sure APB ever had so many people online at once, maybe back in 2013-ish. I do agree they are not all piled up on 10 servers or such so the likelyhood of coming across a cheater (also due to the less competitive nature) is a lot smaller.
Additionally ArmA cheats are based on internal scripts and are not primarily concerned with aim (which would be very hard to code anyhow since it would have to calculate distances and bullet dropoff) there is a good chance you will not even notice that there even IS a cheater. That said i know enough people who got themselves banned from ArmA permanently for using fishy exe files - of course they claim they are legit, but with 3 VAC bans on record they could just as good claim they are they emperor of China. So you can cheat on ArmA, but you are running on borrowed time because as soon as that cheat gets figured out you are done for.

BattlEye is nowhere near as aggressive and strict as it could be in APB, and i am not sure why they set it like that.

7 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

At this very moment Steam lists 7136 active players, not sure APB ever had so many people online at once, maybe back in 2013-ish. I do agree they are not all piled up on 10 servers or such so the likelyhood of coming across a cheater (also due to the less competitive nature) is a lot smaller.
Additionally ArmA cheats are based on internal scripts and are not primarily concerned with aim (which would be very hard to code anyhow since it would have to calculate distances and bullet dropoff) there is a good chance you will not even notice that there even IS a cheater. That said i know enough people who got themselves banned from ArmA permanently for using fishy exe files - of course they claim they are legit, but with 3 VAC bans on record they could just as good claim they are they emperor of China. So you can cheat on ArmA, but you are running on borrowed time because as soon as that cheat gets figured out you are done for.

BattlEye is nowhere near as aggressive and strict as it could be in APB, and i am not sure why they set it like that.

Nope in fact most current arma 3 cheats are engine based(as in internal/external not arma scripting language) they moved on to that since battleye(plus infistar pretty much kills most 'fun' scripts) got a lot better at detecting script executors and script menus. Exe files won't get you banned by any anti-cheat so long as they aren't running along side the game and/or interacting with the game its what makes ai/machine-learning/hardware cheats unlikely to ever be detected.