Sign in to follow this  
Pillowlol

WEAPONS

Is there any news if the weapons will get changed anytime soon? I was hoping that some day the weapons will get reverted to pre-lo where it was fun n fast and you can jumpshoot n shit 😞 

Now the game is mega boring with slow patootie guns, old ntec was fun to spray and jumpshoot with, old obir was fun to quickswitch etc etc..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Soon™

But how soon can not be accurately answered as there is no solid ETA. LO wishes to dish out the New Engine first as it supposedly makes working with the game easier (I don't see how altering weapon stats would differ as they've already done that promptly, such as reverting that Improved Rifling 3's alternate downside of slowing down the rate of fire, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Lie or not, can't really MAKE them do what they don't want to or can't, irrespective of it having a high-chance of killing everything they have worked for [imagine wanting to delay the core aspect that is gameplay and expect things to fly because they won't. That is simply wishful thinking at its best]). They have made decent progress with the New Engine after back-tracing some issues and that's why they are a bit behind what they have previously let us experience (open beta tests). The C.E.O showed that they got collisions working again and are now working at the Financial District.

Regarding weapons, they kept the door open saying Weapon Balancing is an ongoing and endless process (and it is) but expect minimal to no changes before the New Engine is out. However, whether they go back to pre-LO era, mainstream balancing into something that makes sense & easier to deal with or continue trying to make every weapon its own identity like chess-pieces and further pursue the impossibility of magically making that reasonably fair to everyone 'just because' (even though it kept failing for years) remains unanswered.

Jumpshoot worked well for me last night, I was using the standard star weapon, there was a man running right and left really fast in front of me, seemed to be dodging bullets so I jumped towards him and shot him dead from above. I was doing quite well with the missions, got quite a lot of kills despite pretty bad teleporting and my car always trying to drive itself I wasn't the most useless player in each mission for once. 

Perhaps if they're actually able to get some capable people that play the game regularly in that lil weapon balance team of theirs...
Now it's just a bunch of people that change some numbers with their eyes closed it seems like.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Someone said:

aside from this suggestion punishing new players, it also really only works in a closed system like csgo where money is only gained/lost within the match - no need to worry over shooting money when i can infinitely duplicate a half-assed anime symbol to sell on the marketplace

Edited by glaciers
typo

3 hours ago, glaciers said:

aside from this suggestion punishing new players, it also really only works in a closed system like csgo where money is only gained/lost within the match - no need to worry over shooting money when i can infinitely duplicate a half-assed anime symbol to sell on the marketplace

Making weapons in APB a potential moneysink as a means of balancing them is not comparable to Counter Strike in any way. 

A match in Counter Strike is zero-sum because it has no persistence while contact missions in APB are not zero-sum. 

Losing the "match" but making money is a viable game choice in APB because there is persistence with money and contact reputation.

Witness missions on the other hand are zero-sum because the only thing on the line is money earned within the district.

If a moneysink was a bigger part of gameplay meta then there would be more competition in the marketplace for such easily made items and people would be less willing to spend so much for them.  Not that it matters if you happen to successfully make huge profits selling infinitely duplicatable things on the market place, Nobody forced the other players to give you their money and time.

Edited by Someone

12 hours ago, Someone said:

Making weapons in APB a potential moneysink as a means of balancing them is not comparable to Counter Strike in any way. 

A match in Counter Strike is zero-sum because it has no persistence while contact missions in APB are not zero-sum. 

Losing the "match" but making money is a viable game choice in APB because there is persistence with money and contact reputation.

Witness missions on the other hand are zero-sum because the only thing on the line is money earned within the district.

If a moneysink was a bigger part of gameplay meta then there would be more competition in the marketplace for such easily made items and people would be less willing to spend so much for them.  Not that it matters if you happen to successfully make huge profits selling infinitely duplicatable things on the market place, Nobody forced the other players to give you their money and time.

both mechanics are definitely comparable, the intention is the same even if the specifics are different

players not performing to the best of their ability in order to save money should not be a viable option in apb 

i dont like the idea of making players choose between having cool stuff and playing the game, or the idea that a balancing mechanic can be completely negated outside of its intended influence

more prominent money sinks mean more prominent RMT, and a larger gap between f2p and paying players

For me its No1 thing now. I dont care about engine upgrade when weapons feel shitty. I stopped playing becouse of that. Its like 1y or so. Just lurking forum sections hoping that something has changed.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this