Sign in to follow this  
Rehtaelle

Looking for the Real Answers

There have been a lot of reports of cheaters lately. I haven't played in a few months, but I'm seriously wondering if people are actually cheating, or if it's people blaming their losses on opponents who are just so good at the game that it feels like they're cheating. It's hardly the first time that would happen, just look at people in public TF2 servers who have a thousand+ hours and are unreasonably good with Sniper, and they just end up getting server-banned for "cheating".

People talk about a faltering playerbase, but steam charts suggest that it's followed a fairly consistent trend (not a high number, but a consistent one) over the last 3 months.

Edited by Rehtaelle
clarified statement

TF2 servers are run by admins they have the power to banned players off their server, regardless if they are not cheating.

the players now on apb probably has at least 10,000 hours. 

Edited by Deadliest

31 minutes ago, Rehtaelle said:

Option? What?

essentially it doesn't really matter if its cheaters or veterans rolling everyone, the effect is nearly the same on the population

1 hour ago, Rehtaelle said:

People talk about a faltering playerbase, but steam charts suggest that it's followed a fairly consistent trend (not a high number, but a consistent one) over the last 3 months.

i prefer steamcharts myself, and while the exact numbers are a bit different for whatever reason the population is back to the worst point its been in the past year - there was a small bump back in august when we had some significant negative balance changes reversed, then another for the halloween event, and there'll likely be another for the xmas event

my expectation is that after the xmas event is over we'll return to the slow and steady decline we had earlier this year 

Edited by glaciers
typo

If you liken cheaters to crocodiles, APB is like one of those water holes in the African savannah that at first is pretty vast. There are some crocodiles in there managing to capture and eat a few of the animals coming to drink. In the end there is very little water left, lots of mud and the crocodiles are packed. The animals who tries to drink almost certainly gets eaten and most wont come near.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 1

what it really boils down to is like 1-3 cheaters per 10 vets or tryhards. in the end unless your on a high ranking toon or got good market guns with mods on them your just not going to have fun. of course as i know even if you are legit people will cry your hacking when you kill them. matter of fact got that today playing fallen earth

3 minutes ago, Rehtaelle said:

Wait.... FALLEN EARTH STILL EXISTS?! I thought that game died off aeons ago.

They brought servers back to life few months ago.

I was on about 4 hours earlier than normal yesterday, had a good time doing missions, got a few kills each time, I wasn't the most useless player for once. There were a few new players around, cops and criminals. I had to tell one cop how to APB me then I let them shoot me a few times but they forgot to collect the money so I gave them 20,000. We both had pressed K for ages but it wasn't giving us a mission, could be that it would be uneven with them at level 20 and me over 200?

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

Anyone sad enough to still cheat on a nearly dead game would benefit from Social Worker intervention.

Sign in to follow this