OlGeezer

and... it's down

Yes. The server was 'Initializing' for awhile, but it just changed to 'Offline' a couple of minutes ago (as of this post).

Maybe it's finally resetting...

we will be getting a restart very shortly.

this should resolve the issue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ComFeyer said:

we will be getting a restart very shortly.

this should resolve the issue.

thanks for the heads up

I'm stuck again in the 'Already logged in' screen, where I can enter my password to force a log out. However, I entered my password and it say's it's invalid.

So I went to the GamersFirst website and changed my password. Then I tried again to log in again, with the same result.

I forgot how to make this work when the server abruptly shuts down...

Merged.

UPDATE: You must enter your email address in place of the username and then it works. It doesn't say it, but do it.

• Like 1

"No server response."   Nov 29th, 8:30am EST.

^^^  server was back up a few minutes later

Edited by ArykGrev

Now a sudden crash of the client (dropped back to desktop with a crash reporter popup), and can't log in: "Invalid username or password".  My guess is someone just unplugged the database server to plug in the coffee maker...

• Like 1

Is there a daily server maintenance, why this keeps being down (seemingly) most mornings?  So far it's at least been brief each time.

"Your area is currently loading.  Please wait..."

Can't enter the game world.

Edited by ArykGrev

2 hours ago, ArykGrev said:

Is there a daily server maintenance, why this keeps being down (seemingly) most mornings?  So far it's at least been brief each time.

"Your area is currently loading.  Please wait..."

Can't enter the game world.

same issue. Please fix

Having same problem as ArykGrev above.  Is the server still down or did its crash bug me?

1 hour ago, sunset said:

Having same problem as ArykGrev above.  Is the server still down or did its crash bug me?

I filed a support ticket, including a screenshot of the Character screen and the msg listed above.  When I recently lost the Commander's Aura and filed a ticket, it was fixed within an hour or so.  No response yet on this one.

I also created a new test character and it was able to enter into the game world (Hoover Dam intro tutorial), but upon exiting to character select, still unable to enter w/ my current toon.

I was busy watching Netflix, but I checked in on my rifle worx and... big bada OFFLINE - all good - I have a new season of Lost in Space.... Danger Will Robinson!

figures it is down the second i do have free time to do something

• Like 1

I had a look the server is down because the guys and littleorbit gamersfirst took the game down for maintenance to address the issues of lag it's going to be down for 1 to 2 hours if needing proof this is a copy and pasted bit from community manager Sakbee Hello everyone, We will be taking the FE servers down in about 15 minutes to address the ongoing lag issues. This maintenance is expected to last about 1 hour as we look over our databases and compare binaries. We will then have a follow-up downtime starting tomorrow 12/2 at 9AM UTC that is expected to take at least two hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlphaBornElite said:

I had a look the server is down because the guys and littleorbit gamersfirst took the game down for maintenance to address the issues of lag it's going to be down for 1 to 2 hours if needing proof this is a copy and pasted bit from community manager Sakbee Hello everyone, We will be taking the FE servers down in about 15 minutes to address the ongoing lag issues. This maintenance is expected to last about 1 hour as we look over our databases and compare binaries. We will then have a follow-up downtime starting tomorrow 12/2 at 9AM UTC that is expected to take at least two hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Where do you follow their updates?

I don't see them posting here, and nothing on their FE Facebook page.

you have to go to the announcements but instead of clicking the one thing you have to go where it says sakbee posted.

• Like 1