Sign in to follow this  
Boowy

Alt+Tab makes my game drop fps...

Hey guys. I wanted to ask if im the only one having problems with Alt+Tabing from APB. I dont know why but for some reson my game after few Alt+Tabs drops FPS to 50-67 and does not want to go higher (normally i have around 95-120). Im not using any external launchers configs etc. or any programs to launch game through such as Razer Cortex etc. also i dont have much programs (nothing warez) on my PC since its fresh reinstalled + im not touching anything in task manager such as program priority etc.

Dont anyone know where can be problem? And why is this happening? 

Btw: It was never happening before and i didnt found noone having same issue or solution

PC Spec.: i5 4460, GTX 960 4GB Ix Oc, 8GB HyperX Savage, System installed on ssd

Thanks for every suggestion and tip what can cause this.

I don't think I have the issue, but for what it's worth I do know several people who do.

What mode are you running your game on? Fullscreen, Windowed, Borderless windowed?

Just now, Lord Cashpoint said:

I don't think I have the issue, but for what it's worth I do know several people who do.

What mode are you running your game on? Fullscreen, Windowed, Borderless windowed?

Fullscreen on 1440x1080p 120Hz

Just now, Excalibur! said:

And it increases my ping momentarily.

Yeah. It happend to me too, but not that much. The highest point i got was (before alt+tab 23) after 42.

I think it's because of core parking or VC clocks drop cuz u switching to 2D render when using alt+tab. Try to disabe 2D mode (power saving) form Nvidi CPL (Prefer maximum performance) and also switch to Performance (not balanced) power plan in Windows settings (screensaver -> power settings).

ur cpu and ram, up those 2 up. Game is poorly optimized and it rapes your CPU, get a better cpu and you'll be good. I can stream, play apb and have black desert running in the background with 0 issues. Also turn off your pc every week or less, it frees up the ram. I also sometimes use razer cortex booster, it helps sometimes.

Edited by Rosseau90

29 minutes ago, Rosseau90 said:

ur cpu and ram, up those 2 up. Game is poorly optimized and it rapes your CPU, get a better cpu and you'll be good. I can stream, play apb and have black desert running in the background with 0 issues. Also turn off your pc every week or less, it frees up the ram. I also sometimes use razer cortex booster, it helps sometimes.

I dont think my PC is an issue when i can run other games smoothly and streaming them at 1080p60fps. Same goes with APB.

And as ive said allready my PC didnt had this issue before.

Alt+esc or alt+tab takes you outside the game where the usage of physical memory and cpu usage is less. Back when you are into the game it needs to get back to normalcy so it comes from the desired frame rate value to the max value.

You can set the desired framerate value to a value of ur choice in the directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini

You will find it as "minimum desired frame rate"

It will be usually 35 fps if ur fps cap is 62 fps.

If it is 121/101fps you can set it to 80fps. 

So this is the minimum value to which your framew will drop in case of alt tabbing.

Spike in ping is also a common problem while alt tabbing. You cant change that.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this