Sign in to follow this  
Ardenn

A series of unfortunate events

This post is entirely a joke and a laugh about my situation, not to be taken seriously.

FE Classic went up in the middle of my wedding anni. with my husband, so I wasn't able to get on for days but I kept getting tons of messages from people who were excited to be back in game and all the plans they had for leveling and collecting again. Most of them didn't care about past items and were just happy to be home. Many of them were making new characters with new story ideas and bringing in friends and it was pretty heartwarming overall.

Our vacation ends, things go back to normal, I settle down to log into FE and start making characters, ready for my turn to "go home" and hang out with all my old friends and enemies.

Thursday;
Of course I pick the one time to play when the server is offline (or at least thats what my launcher was telling me) and I fall asleep waiting for it to be reset.

Friday;
Power out.
Well, there's always tomorrow!

Saturday;
Internet's out.
Well, there's always tomorrow!

Sunday;
Storm flooded the cable box.

Monday;
Uh... well... Maybe if I use the Wifi...
Nope, thats out too, maybe tomorrow...

Tuesday;
Oh-KAY, Time to get on and-- The servers are offline. God Ffffff.....

I'm going to bed, I'll try again tomorrow.

• Like 3

I am a total n00b to FE, and I have to say a story like this makes me happy. Not about your situation, but that was funny. No, it's about how games like this, which seem to be few and far between, give you "feels". And I feel very heartwarming thoughts to see that a game does this to people.

For me personally, I had feelings like this with games where you found a "crew" to hang out with. Doesn't happen a lot nowadays with fast-paced games and the internet of TikTok University, but I appreciate your story because a) it made me laugh; and b) it made me think, wow, what did I miss all those years?

Anyways, thanks for sharing, making me laugh, and making me realize I need to find a good group to hang with in FE. 

It may take a bit to get online, but when you do, I'll be smiling for someone like you. 

• Like 1

If you want stories, I'm the Story Man. Used to keep a character journal of everything I experienced in the game, from quests to real player interactions.

Fact is, running into a wacky group of players is indeed what caused me to spend years with this niche game. I dont know if the event will return, but I was introduced to a group that were role playing a huge biker gang that used to meet once a week and ride around the low level zones as a pack. If it wasnt for them and getting to hang out with a handful of Apocalyptic Radio DJs and all the effort the roleplayers put into their events and the PVPers that go wild in the ybrid RP-PVP system, I probably would have passed this game over in the first month.

Personally, I missed the Monoserver game. Everything else is expanding into megaservers and diluting populations of communities down to smears of acronyms and icons on a random roulette of bright colors and poorly written questlines. Trying to get to know someone and help them achieve goals and celebrate milestones together feels so rare these days, and I cherished all those personal connections I made here. Even the people I fought with gave me experiences to learn and grow from. Hell, I still have the grandmaster list of the 200 people I wrote about when I played FE 10 years ago.

I dont know if I'll make those same connections again, but Fallen Earth still has a charm to it that I cant find anywhere else.

The saga continues. tdlr; 18 hour gaming sessions elsewhere with an IRL group that doesnt want to give me time for FE.

I'm going to have to put my foot down after thanksgiving, Im exhausted and need some chill FE time.

Sign in to follow this