ShaiShai

Simple question about threat removal

Wasnt threat removal a thing to "fix" jericho's population?

if so, i guess it did a really good job in fixing it, just look at all the people on jericho playing, a whooping 18 players

J19uAMg.png

if you already know the answer why ask the question?

Threat removal gained Citadels population, but I think it’s just because NA players migrated xD

Since the threat removal took place, it happens on regular basis there's no free spot left in the action district on Jericho, that was an unimaginable thing before the said change. I understand two threat-based districts, bronze and silver, merged into one, but it feels more crowded and lively than before. Certainly, some negative aspects ensued, but overall it is a good change.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Bambola said:

overall it is a good change

Only if you're delusional.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

Wasnt threat removal a thing to "fix" jericho's population?

if so, i guess it did a really good job in fixing it, just look at all the people on jericho playing, a whooping 18 players

J19uAMg.png

it did fix population at peak hours everyone can now play

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Bambola said:

... but overall it is a good change.   

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Only if you're delusional.

What would you say, why it isn't?

3 hours ago, Bambola said:

I would say it’s because of trashy/boring matchmaking. No need to say anything more, I think.

1 hour ago, Nagletz said:

I would say it’s because of trashy/boring matchmaking. No need to say anything more, I think.

Are you speaking of Jericho? 

15 minutes ago, Bambola said:

Are you speaking of Jericho? 

Citadel. Like there’s a difference between the servers, good lord...

58 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

Citadel. Like there’s a difference between the servers, good lord...

Given the subject of the thread is Jericho's population, and taking into account it was a ghost town before the segregation change, I'd argue there was/is a significant difference between NA and EU servers. 

7 hours ago, Bambola said:

I touched on it here:

1 hour ago, Bambola said:

Given the subject of the thread is Jericho's population, and taking into account it was a ghost town before the segregation change, I'd argue there was/is a significant difference between NA and EU servers. 

Except it wasn't a ghost town. There was consistently at least one active bronze district, and commonly a partially active silver district. Now, there's barely one active district. The golds that refused to play (because they'd have to fight other golds), now play because they have easy opp to farm, which leads to the bronze/silver population leaving (and the golds thus becoming less active because they're again forced to actually fight other golds). Add into the mix the massive uptick in blatant cheating (no longer a barrier to entry - needing to reroll new accounts to access bronze district when silver dies off in the later hours), and population continues to decline.

Of course, I don't know why I bother to directly respond. You're not open to hearing any of this, because "tHeRe'S nOtHiNg WrOnG, gAmE's BeTtEr NoW!1!!!11!"

Edited by Hexerin

46 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

~snip~

As I have always been approachable and receptive, I do not know how you came up with the conclusion I am an intolerant person who is going to categorically reject someone's opinion. After reading the claim that there's a noticeable increase of blatant cheaters, I can just thank you for your time responding to my post, we clearly perceive things in different ways. It leads to irreconcilable difference, but at least we can both respect the other's point of view. 

I have stated previously there are some negative aspects of the segregation removal, but I can't escape the feeling Jericho feels more populated than before when there were "one active bronze district" (usually 25/25 or so), "and commonly a partially active silver district" (and sometimes no silver districts at all). 

2 hours ago, Bambola said:

As I have always been approachable and receptive, I do not know how you came up with the conclusion I am an intolerant person who is going to categorically reject someone's opinion.

2 hours ago, Bambola said:

After reading the claim that there's a noticeable increase of blatant cheaters, I can just thank you for your time responding to my post, we clearly perceive things in different ways.

Hmm, I wonder. What could ever give me that impression about you, and those like you.

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I touched on it here:

Except it wasn't a ghost town. There was consistently at least one active bronze district, and commonly a partially active silver district. Now, there's barely one active district. The golds that refused to play (because they'd have to fight other golds), now play because they have easy opp to farm, which leads to the bronze/silver population leaving (and the golds thus becoming less active because they're again forced to actually fight other golds). Add into the mix the massive uptick in blatant cheating (no longer a barrier to entry - needing to reroll new accounts to access bronze district when silver dies off in the later hours), and population continues to decline.

Of course, I don't know why I bother to directly respond. You're not open to hearing any of this, because "tHeRe'S nOtHiNg WrOnG, gAmE's BeTtEr NoW!1!!!11!"

Yea you just want threat segregation back so you could get easy opposition and face bronze newbies, you are selfish like the ones who de-threat. How long have you been playing? You must be a veteran by now. 

If you find apb reloaded too hard find a game that’s easy for you.

Be grateful there’s population on NA, my advice play during its peak time, and when the population goes down, the Americans are sleeping. There are players out there who like apb and would like to have their own servers (Asia, Oceania etc) and now force to play on 160-200ms + due to server merge, many of the Han player-base is now extinct. The players couldn’t even play on NA now because different timezone, when Americans are sleeping that's when these players play, now its been all time low who wants to login during a 10/10 district. There might be a few players who have to play on EU with 220-300ms, just for decent population in comparison to Han or NA server, I don’t see any complaint from them. 

I assume you are from America with low latency, stop complaining you have every given chance to enjoy the game, with little no disadvantage. 

It’s not LO’s fault, there may be more golds available playing or willing to progress in improving and getting better in comparison to those casuals. 
APB is a decade old, when games don’t progress or update, it hardly attracts new players, if they even try 80% would uninstalled. There's the veterans who have everything unlock will always stick around and come back playing. 

Old games like quake live which hardly gets any new players now or able to maintain them due to them going up against 20+ year veterans who aim like gods, no matchmaking and only servers with same players with somewhat mid-high ELO. No casual shooter player will touch that game or even players who have somewhat decent aim on other games.

your best bet is to play call of duty vanguard there’s console players they are easy to frag on pc. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Yea you just want threat segregation back so you could get easy opposition and face bronze newbies, you are selfish like the ones who de-threat

Hexerin didn't dethreat, he "manipulated" his threat.

I'd quote him but I cba to search through his posts.

Just going to state my 2 cents that I'm a "butter" or "gold plated silver" tier player.

That is, I would wipe the floor when I was silver, but as soon as I got to gold and forced into the silver server, there were only tryhard golds there and I would lose every single mission.

I'm willing to admit that I'm not as good at the game as them, but I also don't believe it's very fun to constantly be put up against too easy or too difficult players.

Ironically, the only people who provided a fair match were de-threaters and guess what? I de-threated too. It was the only way to reliably have fun with the game. Yeah I had a couple easy games against new players but I went easy on them to let them have fun. Atleast I would also get silver level de-threaters around my skill level about half the time, but in the silver server it was only those platinum level players who wouldn't miss a single shot and then go as far as shit-talking as if they weren't a fat sweaty nerd slapping their keyboard.

Point is. Something has to change. If this doesn't work then LO will try something else, but atleast they're trying something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1