Sign in to follow this  
Yapopal

Why APB is losing popularity.

Are you familiar with the periods of Japanese history? The history of your favorite APB game can also be divided into periods - periods of dominance of weapons, weapons that are easy to play with. The first period was the period OCA-EW 626 and NFAS-12. This was followed by the CSG-20 period, the M-1922 period, the OCA-Nano period, and so on ... The beginning of the period coincided with the announcement of a new weapon, the end - with a change in its characteristics. The most recent time period was the N-TEC period. This weapon is very popular now. Its peculiarity is that the enemy does not have time to react to the shooting. This is facilitated by the remoteness from the server. Some of you are not familiar with this. I was from Russia earlier on the Pioneer server. The Pioneer server was located in Moscow, and it was very comfortable to play on it. Now I, like many of you, play on the European server. The remoteness of the server does not allow you to play comfortably. Some weapons have too little time to kill. For N-TEC, this figure is 0.7 seconds. This time is too short to have time to react. This is facilitated by remoteness from the server, server latency, FPS instability, freezes. I believe that N-TEC has become more popular due to the deterioration in client stability, which deteriorated with each update. I can use N-TEC too, but why do you need another weapon then? Why is there a feature in the game that allows a pistol to shoot like a machine gun? Why are some CR762 players not blooming? Don't you think it's time to end this long period by changing your weapon settings? APB is not played on local servers with low ping. APB is an international game, unfinished, freezing, low time to kill is not acceptable. This is one of the main reasons for population decline. Players complain about cheaters, but the game itself creates cheaters. Sorry for the bad english.

2 minutes ago, SHEMER said:

Are you familiar with the periods of Japanese history? The history of your favorite APB game can also be divided into periods - periods of dominance of weapons, weapons that are easy to play with. The first period was the period OCA-EW 626 and NFAS-12. This was followed by the CSG-20 period, the M-1922 period, the OCA-Nano period, and so on ... The beginning of the period coincided with the announcement of a new weapon, the end - with a change in its characteristics. The most recent time period was the N-TEC period. This weapon is very popular now. Its peculiarity is that the enemy does not have time to react to the shooting. This is facilitated by the remoteness from the server. Some of you are not familiar with this. I was from Russia earlier on the Pioneer server. The Pioneer server was located in Moscow, and it was very comfortable to play on it. Now I, like many of you, play on the European server. The remoteness of the server does not allow you to play comfortably. Some weapons have too little time to kill. For N-TEC, this figure is 0.7 seconds. This time is too short to have time to react. This is facilitated by remoteness from the server, server latency, FPS instability, freezes. I believe that N-TEC has become more popular due to the deterioration in client stability, which deteriorated with each update. I can use N-TEC too, but why do you need another weapon then? Why is there a feature in the game that allows a pistol to shoot like a machine gun? Why are some CR762 players not blooming? Don't you think it's time to end this long period by changing your weapon settings? APB is not played on local servers with low ping. APB is an international game, unfinished, freezing, low time to kill is not acceptable. This is one of the main reasons for population decline. Players complain about cheaters, but the game itself creates cheaters. Sorry for the bad english.

the ntec has been popular since day 1 of apb, so that kind of throws a wrench in the whole weapon dynasty theory

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glaciers said:

the ntec has been popular since day 1 of apb, so that kind of throws a wrench in the whole weapon dynasty theory

He was not that deadly.

1 minute ago, SHEMER said:

He was not that deadly.

the ntec has been nerfed several times over the years, its noticeably less effective than it used to be

• Like 1

It's not about a specific weapon. It's just that NTEC is the face of the problem. 

Merged.

On 11/5/2021 at 4:30 PM, glaciers said:

the ntec has been nerfed several times over the years, its noticeably less effective than it used to be

Read reviews on Steam. The main reason for leaving players is cheaters. My post is about where the "cheaters" in the game come from, and how the game itself creates them.

WHY APB IS LOSING POPULARITY.

Is not about the weapons.Is the lack of new game content,bad performance and bad matchmaking.Cheaters is also there(like always for many people)and the weapons are maybe the 5th reason to complete top 5(but 5th like max)

Edited by AlienTM

Any history is commonly divided into periods, with shifts that signal the end of one period and the beginning of the next, that's not something related exclusively to Japan. While I understand the comparison you tried to make, I do not think the popularity of weapons caused those shifts. APB's, let's use this silly backronym - META has been the same for quite some time. 

People quit for various reasons, arguably the major factors are the lack of content in the already aged game, poor optimization and server performance and harsh community. 

• Like 1

As good as the N-TEC is, I wouldn't call this an "N-TEC period" because it isn't the king of 0.7s to kill. The game contains weapons that can kill in 0.7s more consistently and with more ease, while the N-TEC has to choose between shooting or moving, it can't do both effectively.

APB is a game of choice-vs-choice over a distance where the shootout occurs. It would help to know what weapon you attempted to use against an N-TEC and at what distance.

6 hours ago, SHEMER said:

Read reviews on Steam. The main reason for leaving players is cheaters. My post is about where the "cheaters" in the game come from, and how the game itself creates them.

dude your whole post was about the ntec, no where does it say where the cheaters in the game came from and how the game itself creates them? the ntec creates cheaters? what.

Is your post suppose to be about meta changes from the early days on APB till now? the losing popularity has many factors that cause players to leave. You have no idea how the ntec was during it's early days before several nerfs, can't remember anyone even complain about it, you could use Heavy barrel 2 and still a 6 shot to kill weapon, tap fire fast, put cooling jacket 3 without these ridiculous bloom RNG like now. To counter an ntec player it's easy you just have to be good with a carbine or oscar, which is one of the worst weapons to go up against for a ntec user. Please do not counter my argument that every player who uses a carbine or oscar is a cheater or a macro users. 

There are some Oceania players or Asia players that played before me who has 160-200 latency was able to do well as an american player playing on NA servers, not a responsive experience but can still do well. 

Edited by Deadliest

For most of the games life many core aspects of the game are still unfinished, So much focus on combat has left many other problems unaddressed. 

Why can players bail at any speed or in the air?  Car Surfer would be more balanced if jumping off a moving car could injure/kill you.

No witnessing during missions without opposition and no reason to complete missions without opposition.

Non-mission making money in populated mission districts not being viable like it should be.

Weapons got many balance changes but vehicles remain unbalanced and nowhere near as diverse in usage as weapons are even at the most unbalanced periods.

Some vehicles are vastly superior while others are particularly underwhelming and most need more component and customization unlocks.

Same goes of Player Mods.  Green and Blue mods are nowhere near as diverse in usage as weapons are or their mod usage.

Clotting Agent 3/2 is massively dominant over Kevlar Implants which is even less common than Fragile or Flak Jacket when it absolutely shouldn't.

The locked content and the pace at which players earn it when leveling up missions is the absolute best during contact tiers 1-3.

Endgame players need more of that, Separate contacts for new vehicle and character content.

There are many who want more component unlocks for the "low tier" vehicles.

Edited by Someone

Man, first off pattottie to steam, what makes steam the authority, as there are other sources such as gaming magazine sites.

Second off. As a player that has been 'Conditioned' over time to hate on LO or whoever the owners are, I will say the n-tec is far down on my list of things to cry about.

I cant hate on LO too much bout weapons, ya they tweek things sometimes to our displeasure, but they added several guns.

I'm not happy about desegregation, but at least LO keeps the Lights On

I might be upset one week about some troll low rank hanging out in my dead stealin server one week, and then i might be mad about my car aint doing wheelies the next. 

Ya there are cheaters but not anymore than other games, this is a case of each individual having a different bug in their pattootie at different times

I'm not commenting on how unpopular or if its becoming unpopular, im simply saying its " to each his own"

A gaming concept with gunplay and movement mechanics that is pushing nearly over 10 years old is probably the biggest limiting factor of the game right now.

In regards to the N-Tec, every time I "get shot when I'm behind the wall" it's the N-Tec. After I stopped being butthurt for 5 minutes I came to realize it's probably just latency favoring the laggers.

Sign in to follow this