Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

11/3 Maintenance - adding more resources

Recommended Posts

All everyone,

 

We have just started some maintenance to add more resources for the game. Be back soon.

 

Thanks,
Matt

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you thought about maybe disabling Clan Vaults and ingame mail, like has been proposed earlier by others?  It's not really detrimental for the overal gameplay and it would at least prevent people causing server instability by trying the old exploits again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about these exploits but I've heard things and it may be prudent to look into them.

 

Also, there are many town NPCs (Midway has a lot of them) that will kill like 30 things at a time and leave the corpses there for several minutes, they can also cause instability.

 

Edit: By the way, thanks a ton for bringing FE back!

Edited by Phrozen
see reason in post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phrozen said:

Also, there are many town NPCs (Midway has a lot of them) that will kill like 30 things at a time and leave the corpses there for several minutes, they can also cause instability.

Nahh that has always been like that and I played since the first Friend & Family alpha way back then. 

I also don't think they have the resources now to start making changes like this to the current game at this point, since they are working on the new version.

This is really a goodwill gesture on their part to bring the server back online, since the new reworked version is taking longer than expected and keep interest in the game.

 

At least disabling Clan Vaults and ingame mail should be fairly simple and would stop the worst known exploits at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disabling ingame mail seems really detrimental for me... I don't plan to run in Embry each time I want to give a craft to a clan member. And with Auctionner item sent by mail... I don't know if it could work.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jeronan said:

Have you thought about maybe disabling Clan Vaults and ingame mail, like has been proposed earlier by others?  It's not really detrimental for the overal gameplay and it would at least prevent people causing server instability by trying the old exploits again?

 

Clan vaults are already disabled/removed from the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I consider mail a mandatory feature of the game.

 

I haven't been to S2 since well, the last version. But doesn't it take something like an hour to get there from a starter town? Maybe 30 minutes, but well if you have a friend there that wants to give you a freebie, you're probably going to end up having to run there with an old nag.

I guess they could fast travel to one of two spots somewhat close to the beginner areas but, well, mail.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richardson said:

Disabling ingame mail seems really detrimental for me... I don't plan to run in Embry each time I want to give a craft to a clan member. And with Auctionner item sent by mail... I don't know if it could work.

Yeah that is a good point. I never thought about the Auction itself.  I played for many years and actually never used mail much myself, as I always crafting everything I needed myself and the only time I did use it was when I wanted to roll a new char and transfer my stuff to the new character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jeronan said:

Have you thought about maybe disabling Clan Vaults and ingame mail, like has been proposed earlier by others?  It's not really detrimental for the overal gameplay and it would at least prevent people causing server instability by trying the old exploits again?

While you're at it, just disable mounts, vehicles, auction house, clans...maybe just disable crafting.... (Please don't take this serious)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, violetnight666x said:

While you're at it, just disable mounts, vehicles, auction house, clans...maybe just disable crafting.... (Please don't take this serious)

Hehe.  The only reason I brought it up, as others have so as well in the past.  It's well known that the worst exploits in the game are using ingame mail and clan vaults.

 

At least its good the Clan Vaults are disabled already, but I guess like others have said, it might be a bit more challenging with ingame mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disabling mail would basically break a design loop in the game as the AH would no longer work fundamentally (sales or expired items get sent to you via mail also anything purchased is sent via mail so you cannot GET anything you bought). lso you would need to be doing excessive traveling or expensive (for newer players) ports to clan mates to do crafts for them or give hand-me-downs so that they can use it (as you can't sell the item on the AH anymore as teh AH would not function as previously stated). It would  also make resource acquisition almost impossible for certain things as well as gear (suzette, the solution, fuzzy bunnies, crimson mask etc).

Whilst there are indeed issues with server stability, removing/disabling mail would make the game such a painful experience.

How to fix any duping things? I have no idea, it all happened after I left the game, but I'm sure they are working on a solution thats not going to fundamentally change and potentially break the games progression curve for leveling and trade skill grinding (and end game gear too when we get there)(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget that Clan Vault was already disabled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removing Auction, mail, for another topic really.

Could make an interesting dynamic everyone had to literally travel across the map to trade goods. But it wouldnt be the same fallen earth. Maybe something for a more survival based game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Syrinx Saldana said:

Disabling mail would basically break a design loop in the game as the AH would no longer work fundamentally (sales or expired items get sent to you via mail also anything purchased is sent via mail so you cannot GET anything you bought). lso you would need to be doing excessive traveling or expensive (for newer players) ports to clan mates to do crafts for them or give hand-me-downs so that they can use it (as you can't sell the item on the AH anymore as teh AH would not function as previously stated). It would  also make resource acquisition almost impossible for certain things as well as gear (suzette, the solution, fuzzy bunnies, crimson mask etc).

Whilst there are indeed issues with server stability, removing/disabling mail would make the game such a painful experience.

How to fix any duping things? I have no idea, it all happened after I left the game, but I'm sure they are working on a solution thats not going to fundamentally change and potentially break the games progression curve for leveling and trade skill grinding (and end game gear too when we get there)(

 

Yeah I never thought about the Auction House, as I never really used it all that much back in the day. It was just too much fun to craft everything yourself.

 

The old community was also very different back then, as we organized many ingame gatherings where new people could tag along and get stuff, etc.  Traveling also becomes less painful later on when you get some good vehicles / fast horses  and use the garage and fast travel options.

 

Merged.

 

21 hours ago, violetnight666x said:

Removing Auction, mail, for another topic really.

Could make an interesting dynamic everyone had to literally travel across the map to trade goods. But it wouldnt be the same fallen earth. Maybe something for a more survival based game.

Well, that was exactly how we did it back in the early years of the game.  We actually did travel and meet up ingame a lot. People organized gatherings, etc. There were known places were people would meet and trade face to face.

 

It really creates a much better community, but I guess people are not like that anymore these days and everything needs to be quick and instant or they loose interest. /sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a better understanding of in-game mail for those that never used it was sound. Definitely using it with all my trading so far. Not familiar with any exploits but am hoping that the devs are able to figure that aspect out and close those loop holes. Hopefully the extra resources being patched in will reduce those notorious lag monsters. XD 

 

Keep up the fantastic job Matt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jeronan said:

Have you thought about maybe disabling Clan Vaults and ingame mail, like has been proposed earlier by others?  It's not really detrimental for the overal gameplay and it would at least prevent people causing server instability by trying the old exploits again?

Disabling in game mail would be very detrimental for me at least sending stuff to alts / friends etc

 

Merged.

 

22 hours ago, MattScott said:

All everyone,

 

We have just started some maintenance to add more resources for the game. Be back soon.

 

Thanks,
Matt

 

Awesome - really happy that you #1 brought the game back online and #2 are clearly actively working to get the server stable with the fairly large number of people that showed up 😄

 

Merged.

 

21 hours ago, Jeronan said:

Well, that was exactly how we did it back in the early years of the game.  We actually did travel and meet up ingame a lot. People organized gatherings, etc. There were known places were people would meet and trade face to face.

 

It really creates a much better community, but I guess people are not like that anymore these days and everything needs to be quick and instant or they loose interest. /sigh

 

There may be a case of rose tinted specs going on here a little 😉

 

Played since beta and whilst I used to attend the gatherings etc which were great by far the majority of trade always happened on the AH tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeronan said:

Well, that was exactly how we did it back in the early years of the game.  We actually did travel and meet up ingame a lot. People organized gatherings, etc. There were known places were people would meet and trade face to face.

 

It really creates a much better community, but I guess people are not like that anymore these days and everything needs to be quick and instant or they loose interest. /sigh

There will be a crafter market in Embry Saturday, and each first saturday of the month... So... it's not totally dead on this side.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rovol said:

 

There may be a case of rose tinted specs going on here a little 😉

 

Played since beta and whilst I used to attend the gatherings etc which were great by far the majority of trade always happened on the AH tbh

Not really.  FE always had a bit of a niche population and most stuff was really overpriced on the AH back in the day. So I definitely avoided the AH most of the time and so did many I played with.

Most of the crafting mats on the AH were always silly priced, as if you knew your way around you could easily get it cheaper from NPC vendors (incl. faction discounts, etc). That is, if you had a hard time finding certain resources yourself.

 

Major part of this game is that you can just craft everything yourself and when you were in a nice Clan, you just traded rare(r) resources amongst ourselves to help eachother out.

 

Maybe this changed in the later years of the game, when I lost interest and pretty much stopped playing after 2016.

Edited by Jeronan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattScott said:

We are back online!

Thank you, for the time ,effort , and good will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately the 15+ second lag spikes are still there. 😞

 

Was fine for about an hour after maintenance, until the lag spikes started again.

 

Game becomes practically unplayable at this point.   Hope they manage to figure out what's causing this and fix it.

Edited by Jeronan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MattScott said:

All everyone,

 

We have just started some maintenance to add more resources for the game. Be back soon.

 

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for valuing the community enough to dedicate more resources, @MattScott.

 

For the nerds in the audience, what exactly does "add more resources" mean in this case?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...