Sign in to follow this  
ZenRoyal

Maintenance

(UNOFFICIAL)

Server Maintenance began 1:55am PST - [Undetermined]

Official information undiscovered. Stretch, snack, hydrate, rest. Health is wealth.

Nice of somebody to document this. Since it's 5am here it's possible the game world just crashed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phrozen said:

Nice of somebody to document this. Since it's 5am here it's possible the game world just crashed.

I try to be proactive, since not everyone gets discord notifs, or the brunt of the initial tidal wave of gossip.

Edited by ZenRoyal
Signature formatting wrong

Yesterday it was lagging like hell, so it wouldn't surprise me if the server has crashed.

I fear people are being dicks and using the old exploits again, which are known to cause server instability.

Maybe they can just shutdown Clan Vaults and ingame mail, like many have proposed before, to stop these known these exploits at least.

That is why we never can have nice things. /sigh

• Like 1

time for a nap...

but first... THANKS for putting the game back up.

I think...

I think I love you'z guyz!

• Like 1

Just now, Jeronan said:

Yesterday it was lagging like hell, so it wouldn't surprise me if the server has crashed.

I fear people are being dicks and using the old exploits again, which are known to cause server instability.

Maybe they can just shutdown Clan Vaults and ingame mail, like many have proposed before, to stop these known these exploits at least.

That is why we never can have nice things. /sigh

You have to consider server hosting isn't the greatest right now, and it was ported to 64 bit, so the PNN (Player News Network) says, so it could be old formatting attempting to communicate with newer server methods. Either way, I have a feeling that it's not just a dupe thing, considering duping was so rampant before that there were thousands and thousands of pieces of skewed data. Nobody's duped millions of items yet, if even close to that. They'll work out the kinks.

Yes I know, but why even let them try it at this point? 

This is pretty much just a goodwill gesture by Orbit to bring the server back online so people can play again.

Disabling Clan Vaults and ingame mail is really not detrimental to overall gameplay and it at least would put a stop to the worst of known exploits.

Just now, Jeronan said:

Yes I know, but why even let them try it at this point? 

This is pretty much just a goodwill gesture by Orbit to bring the server back online so people can play again.

Disabling Clan Vaults and ingame mail is really not detrimental to overall gameplay and it at least would put a stop to the worst of known exploits.

Clan vaults are already disabled as well. Mail right now has honestly been crucial for people to help each other progress at the moment, and seems to be working wonders for the new market. It'll take some feeling around to see what's best.

[UPDATE]

The official Forum thread for the Maintenance on 11/3/2021 (today) has been published:

Please reference this thread for future information on this maintenance, as my post is not official and does not reflect any insider information. Happy to be of community service.

Edited by ZenRoyal
Misspelling of the word "thread" in the second text line.

Sign in to follow this