Is it possible to play apb reloaded on a low-end PC? for example a classic desktop : intel core i3 3220m, no gpu. its would be possible?  

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our APB Reloaded forums.

- Azukii

10 hours ago, JeSuisSansoa said:

Is it possible to play apb reloaded on a low-end PC? for example a classic desktop : intel core i3 3220m, no gpu. its would be possible?  

Definitely not. To enjoy the gaming experience and have a stable fps you need an i5 quad core 3.5+ ghz. GPU is also needed (igpu is not adviceable, except if u have a ryzen with vega 11 or recent 5000 series ryzen with vega 8 ) although a gtx 1050 like card is more than enough. The game is basically cpu based. Other requirements: 8gb ram with sata ssd.

Edited by Warflame
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roxane said:

lol their system requirement hasn't been updated in a decade.

APB Reloaded Recommended Requirements

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or equivalent AMD X4

CPU SPEED: Info

RAM: 4 GB

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB or AMD equivalent

TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 512 MB

PIXEL SHADER: 4.0

VERTEX SHADER: 4.0

SOUND CARD: Yes

FREE DISK SPACE: 7 GB

with these system requirement you get 15-30fps and thats on minimal. 

Edited by Deadliest

2 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

APB Reloaded Recommended Requirements

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or equivalent AMD X4

CPU SPEED: Info

RAM: 4 GB

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB or AMD equivalent

TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 512 MB

PIXEL SHADER: 4.0

VERTEX SHADER: 4.0

SOUND CARD: Yes

FREE DISK SPACE: 7 GB

with these system requirement you get 15-30fps and thats on minimal. 

Exactly.

when i started playing, i had bout a 10 yr old (from today) win Vista desk top. we'll call it an office job, Tower. 

If i remember right it had 4g ram but it wasnt dedicated. U need a at least 2-3g dedicated to video, or a big enough system that the dedication wont matter. 

So the vista would work for such games as WoT, apb but struggled badly, was always laggin running the car into walls. 

The vista even had trouble running some of facebooks 2D games.

Then if its Old and not getting or not able to handle the win updates, you might as well throw it in the street.

Its not even worth recycling the hardware. I run a acer nitro 5 laptp with I-5 n it does well, but i think i could use a little Hotter Rig. So its not the fastest, it works good but in another year it will be Junk.   My 2 cents 

• Like 1

I was playing APB for quite some time on a duo core laptop with an integrated graphic card (I believe it had 1GB of video memory) and 4GB of random access memory. With the right (potato🥔) settings and Advanced Launcher, I had around 35-50 frames per second, although that value was oscillating, depending on what is going on the screen and areas I am in.

I am clearly not a savvy (I can't even tell with great certainty what kind of computer I have now and what are its technical specifications), but from personal experience I know you can play the game on a low-end PC, however you can't expect much, certainly can't expect to thoroughly enjoy the gameplay.

You will have to cope with the random freezes, stutters and occasional crashes if you want to play this game on an old machine, due its poor optimization. 

Personally, despite having a beast desktop computer, I still prefer playing on my laptop, I simply do not feel any difference between 60 and 144 frames per second. 

I don't have a clue what kind of computer I play it on, it's not mine. It's the slow wifi that kills it. I was asked to 'K' up to help someone do a mission but it was a waste of time if the enemy can teleport in front of me ands shoot me before I can see them. I've played games at 16fps on my PS3 and this looks like it goes half that. It's quicker to mug people to level up, a lot of the time missions get me 0 points, I'm lucky to get a few hundred.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

16 hours ago, Warflame said:

Definitely not. To enjoy the gaming experience and have a stable fps you need an i5 quad core 3.5+ ghz. GPU is also needed (igpu is not adviceable, except if u have a ryzen with vega 11 or recent 5000 series ryzen with vega 8 ) although a gtx 1050 like card is more than enough. The game is basically cpu based. Other requirements: 8gb ram with sata ssd.

Runs well with i3-8350K and GTX 970.

Just now, xHenryman90x said:

A game of 2010 run well without gpu Just need a i7 or i5

On 11/3/2021 at 11:08 AM, Deadliest said:

guess what... 

AS APB 
LOL

I play with i5 and GT 1030 on default low graphic game settings.Lags..especially on fire fights.Got mini freezes in almost every exchange.Before wasnt so bad when had GTX 760 but broke playn this BR chinese game "Ring of Elysium"(is dead now but still dont recommend to anyone to run that sht)To compare my gt1030-even gtx 660 have over 70% all features better/faster

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2021 at 3:50 AM, xHenryman90x said:

Yep, it's a quad core cpu and a good gpu. No surprise it runs Ok.

I used to play this game on a Q6600 + HD 5750 back in 2011. It achieved 60fps with ease regardless of the settings. Your CPU shouldn't have any real issue running the game, but you will need a GPU. Anything medium range from 2011-2012 should probably be fine.

Either way, the game is free. Why don't you test it?