Sign in to follow this  
DieselnotPetrol

Performance

So I took a break from the game about 6 months ago then I saw Little Orbit took over. Then I started Playing again and wow I must say I've played some really low quality game but this takes the cake In server performance I mean what happened. I don't even no how it can be this bad and I shit on pubg's low tick rate lol

I just got disconnected from the game for the 6th time while being in mid mission, I understand theres many things in the list to be taken care of but this is just getting really annoying and frustrating, it totally kills my drive to play the game at all. And I'm literally an apb addict.

My ping keeps constantly jumping from 50 to 70 etc. on Citadel. It's so damn annoying I'd just prefer constant 200ms.

• Like 1

I'm kinda glad and sad that I'm without a PC at the moment. I'd love to hop in and start playing again, but from what I've seen here on the forum over the past couple weeks.. Little Orbit has a lot of mopping and cleaning to do before they make any progress. I'm just hoping the engine update will be close to ready by December, if they can manage. If sooner, then great, but I certainly hope they take their time, and do a thorough job of fixing this mess they bought.

Yes while the implementation of battle eye has left quite afew issues LO also inherited alot of issues from G1 like problematic servers. The servers struggled to handle APBs small playerbase before LO took over and the playerbase returned, at this point in time I think LO needs to invest in new servers that can handle APB and handle 50v50 districts like lack in the day. Maby the lagg issue will resolve itself that way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yes while the implementation of battle eye has left quite afew issues LO also inherited alot of issues from G1 like problematic servers. The servers struggled to handle APBs small playerbase before LO took over and the playerbase returned, at this point in time I think LO needs to invest in new servers that can handle APB and handle 50v50 districts like lack in the day. Maby the lagg issue will resolve itself that way.

Yea I Agree I think new servers should be high on the list.

9 hours ago, DieselnotPetrol said:

Ahhh The old DDOS excuse

These attacks are real and they happen every hour, minute, second of every day.

https://cybermap.kaspersky.com/

Just having some bad fan mail will force a company to invest into purchasing methods to combat these attacks.

6 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

These attacks are real and they happen every hour, minute, second of every day.

https://cybermap.kaspersky.com/

Just having some bad fan mail will force a company to invest into purchasing methods to combat these attacks.

Every game gets bad fan mail or has a few angry players non have this much trouble with ddos. Even company's with less funding.

2 minutes ago, DieselnotPetrol said:

Every game gets bad fan mail or has a few angry players non have this much trouble with ddos. Even company's with less funding.

This is what happens when a butt hurt kiddy decides they want revenge for getting banned. The only thing that will stop them is to trace em and take legal action.

I'm more worried about my FPS being below 100 when running barely any textures and extremely low quality char/vehicle textures, than I am worried about my ping.

Specs for those that feel like posting 'Buy a better PC'

- i7-4790k

- GeForce MSI GTX 970

- 16GB RAM

etc. etc. You get it. Performance tweaked to enhance in-game FPS, upscaled res when running low game res.

Basically, the game runs practically the same with maxed out settings, as it would with minimum settings.

Edited by iDev

16 hours ago, Clandestine said:

My ping keeps constantly jumping from 50 to 70 etc. on Citadel. It's so damn annoying I'd just prefer constant 200ms.

Prefer 200ms ping than spikes from 50ms to 70ms?

200ms ping is around 0.2sec delay+ delay in server in the case of a spike.

50ms ping is jus 0.05ms delay + delay as said above.

I've been playing in citadel for ~ 4yrs and my ping has been 320ms and above. I keep running even after i die and i spawn without any notice 50% of the times. I get hit even if i had already moved into a cover after running. Days are worse if servers are under mitigation or ddosed. You can take a piss in the time u switch your weapons. Trust me you dont want that.

22 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Prefer 200ms ping than spikes from 50ms to 70ms?

200ms ping is around 0.2sec delay+ delay in server in the case of a spike.

50ms ping is jus 0.05ms delay + delay as said above.

I've been playing in citadel for ~ 4yrs and my ping has been 320ms and above. I keep running even after i die and i spawn without any notice 50% of the times. I get hit even if i had already moved into a cover after running. Days are worse if servers are under mitigation or ddosed. You can take a piss in the time u switch your weapons. Trust me you dont want that.

High but stable is what I meant. When my ping is jumping it's causing suttering and I can't just adapt to random and sudden shit like this. 

I used to play with around 180ms on jericho and han with around 300ms. Results varied from unplayable to immortal. Not sure which variable was at play but it's good to know that lag shield is not permanent.

ITT: Company took over, and people expecting large amounts of work done in less than a month.

GG. Stay classy.

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

This is what happens when a butt hurt kiddy decides they want revenge for getting banned. The only thing that will stop them is to trace em and take legal action.

Can't trace a BotNet.

16 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Getting new servers has already been talked about.

14 hours ago, DieselnotPetrol said:

Regardless, some people pay even for bigger attacks just to be annoying or a pain in the patootie. A single user cannot ddos a game so severe. There must be some sort of tooling or network behind it.

@MattScott is it possible for you to provide a network graph of the network Gbps that is going in APB?

10 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Regardless, some people pay even for bigger attacks just to be annoying or a pain in the patootie. A single user cannot ddos a game so severe. There must be some sort of tooling or network behind it.

@MattScott is it possible for you to provide a network graph of the network Gbps that is going in APB?

Its most likely a kiddie that got banned for hacking and lost all their $$ and want everyone to suffer cause they are. Its possible to have the tooling to do it urself.

13 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

It's called a BotNet. It can be as few as ten connections, and as massive as tens of thousands.

It's a pretty standard DDoS method of attacking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet

This is one of the reasons they can't trace it. You might even be apart of it, and not know it.

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee

11 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

It's called a BotNet. It can be as few as ten connections, and as massive as tens of thousands.

It's a pretty standard DDoS method of attacking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet

This is one of the reasons they can't trace it. You might even be apart of it, and not know it.

Thanks for the information, but I am aware of what it is. I work in IT and leaning towards getting into the IT Security branch to learn more.

Might I add that there are new methods which just involve some exploit or security vulnerabilities that allows to send more packets than normally to crash/ddos servers.

There are lots of ways to DDoS as of lately, that what I meant with my post. It's very difficult to cover them all without impacting the game's experience.

10 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Thanks for the information, but I am aware of what it is. I work in IT and leaning towards getting into the IT Security branch to learn more.

Might I add that there are new methods which just involve some exploit or security vulnerabilities that allows to send more packets than normally to crash/ddos servers.

There are lots of ways to DDoS as of lately, that what I meant with my post. It's very difficult to cover them all without impacting the game's experience.

But to state that a single user couldn't impact the game is false.

Just takes one person to tell the BotNet to attack.