Sign in to follow this  
Gateron

Can we go back to the APB build in 2013-2014?

Because G1 and you lidlorbit made minor changes to the game that somehow made the game run even shittier. In 2015 I used to have 120-140 FPS on a i7 6700k 4,5 ghz and now its around 90-100 unstable. In 2014 I had a i5 2500k and I got between 105-125 FPS

I don't know what you guys do but, please revert it damn you need a i9 10900k for a dead patootie game now.

Edited by Gateron

I’m curious if the new 12th gen intel is capable to run apb reloaded without any issues, due to the new cpu architecture. 

maybe your cpu is degrading? Try using configs? or end background task and don’t alt tab in the game. 

Edited by Deadliest

wah i get only 100 fps when i should get 144. well deal with it people kick your patootie playing at 15fps from time to time

and yes the game is trash i'm not waiting 5-10 mins for it to stop bouning back and forth from 1 fps to 120fps every 2 and half seconds

It doesn't matter how many frames per second your computer produces. The game freezes at the most inopportune moment. You aim, the game freezes. You shoot the enemy - the game freezes and plays the jingle of the dude you first started shooting. This crap is terribly annoying. It doesn't matter what kind of computer. APB and freeze are synonymous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SHEMER said:

It doesn't matter how many frames per second your computer produces. The game freezes at the most inopportune moment. You aim, the game freezes. You shoot the enemy - the game freezes and plays the jingle of the dude you first started shooting. This crap is terribly annoying. It doesn't matter what kind of computer. APB and freeze are synonymous.

You spawn and run to vehicle, press F, the game freezes. Now I have to stand in the road holding a car door open until I get run over.

• Like 1

You run to the point, some dude with NTEC comes out of the corner, frieze, music plays, they show you how they killed you.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:27 AM, cowhorseman said:

wah i get only 100 fps when i should get 144. well deal with it people kick your patootie playing at 15fps from time to time

and yes the game is trash i'm not waiting 5-10 mins for it to stop bouning back and forth from 1 fps to 120fps every 2 and half seconds

instantly you go about skill or some shit and that other people deal with it in a worse way. Are you stupid did you read my post? clearly not.  This game ran like 30% better in 2014 and you come with that other people kick my patootie with lower fps?? What is that dumbass response.

Apb brain at its finest. This game didn't get a graphical overhaul that it should run this bad now.

Merged.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:24 PM, Deadliest said:

I’m curious if the new 12th gen intel is capable to run apb reloaded without any issues, due to the new cpu architecture. 

maybe your cpu is degrading? Try using configs? or end background task and don’t alt tab in the game. 

I tested my single core and multi core benchmarks and its the same result as when I assembled my PC in 2015.

Edited by Gateron

On 11/2/2021 at 4:24 PM, Deadliest said:

No, it was actually a thing.

When I started in late 2011, the game was pretty smooth on my brand new I3 laptop. After 1-2 years, it got progressively worse, noticeably so after patches, until one patch made it almost impossible to play without a constant, sub 30 fps.  It became unplayable for me on it when the game started to run sub 25fps. About "gold lock" the game became unplayable with the fps drops and lag, and degrading fps on it. I'm positive that there were backend changes to the code that made the game run worse between 2012-2014.

Unless APB caused the laptop to shit the bed, i think patches have at some points degraded the playability of the game.

3 hours ago, Gateron said:

instantly you go about skill or some shit and that other people deal with it in a worse way. Are you stupid did you read my post? clearly not.  This game ran like 30% better in 2014 and you come with that other people kick my patootie with lower fps?? What is that dumbass response.

Apb brain at its finest. This game didn't get a graphical overhaul that it should run this bad now.

there using  your gpu to mine bitcoin to pay for the bills

+

i5 4690k 4.8

gtx 980

was gtx 660 OEM in 2015-16 and i was getting 120+

Now i dip down to 100 sometimes but not often. I have more of a different problem where the game doesn't feel as smooth as the fps i am getting. Sometimes 130fps can feel less smooth than 120, 120 and 140 can feel the same level of unsmoothness and so on. This wasn't a thing back in 2015-16 for me.

Pretty much why i no longer play district anymore, financial 110+fps and it feels SO unsmooth, feels like 80fps.

Also not even gonna talk about the bugs  LO made into features, nades no longer make sound, people used to mention back in the day but now no one talks about it because it happens to the point that it can be considered a feature.

Hitmarks, SERIOUSLY, why are hitmarks SO horrible lately, the same goes for hitreg. It's never been this bad

Oh and one of the most important ones i started noticing not too long ago, if you start shooting when server lags your bullets will just ghostshot, but not really like back in 2014 teabag shooting with ntec where on the enemy screen it looks like the enemy is just teabagging in ADS, BULLET COUNT STAYS THE SAME, unlike now. Bullet count goes down and on the enemy screen it looks like you are missing, sometimes it's easier to spot this because of little micro teleports you will be getting while shooting.

Edited by jmiIos
  • Like 1

The problem is they keep adding content while the game is memory limited. Back then we didn't have as many vehicles, kits, weapons, symbols, etc. All that data needs to be loaded into RAM. APB is 32 bit, it can only access 3.5GB of RAM. APB was hitting that limit in RTW. 10 years later with no change to the engine and lots of new content, it's no wonder it has performance issues.

What I would like to see added is a performance mode. Something that disables player customization, so you only see the default character, default weapon skins, etc. Have options to turn off blood, muzzle flash, and other non essential details. You can't turn these off with the advanced launcher.

That aside, I'm still able to get 100+ fps on a Xeon X5690. 120+ fps with it OC'd over 4GHz. In fightclub though, I barely get 80fps with the HUD on, but get 145fps with the HUD off. This is probably due to Scaleform UI that G1 didn't finish. Some elements use it (fps display) and some don't. You also have countless unnecessary notifications that contribute to the excess UI load, like the player achievements and messages like "you can't deliver a player owned vehicle" while you're in a mission.

• Like 2

Amd Ryzen 5 3600 6core

Nvidia RTX 2070 super

140fps 😃

50 minutes ago, Roxane said:

Amd Ryzen 5 3600 6core

Nvidia RTX 2070 super

140fps 😃

Ryzen 7 5800x, RX 6800, 144 fps most of the time

I found out how to test it. It was bouncing between 40 and 60 fps every couple of seconds in an almost empty district with two other players, it was constantly going up and down. Ping was about 30 but jumped up to 100 when somebody else drove by and that was when the car was not steering itself and mini teleporting.

On 11/12/2021 at 5:51 AM, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I found out how to test it. It was bouncing between 40 and 60 fps every couple of seconds in an almost empty district with two other players, it was constantly going up and down. Ping was about 30 but jumped up to 100 when somebody else drove by and that was when the car was not steering itself and mini teleporting.

yeah they broke APB back in 2018 or something, it was fine before they broke it.

9 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

yeah they broke APB back in 2018 or something, it was fine before they broke it.

I suspect it's the unstable internet on my end. I'm using wifi, if we get a storm sometimes I can't even get a signal.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

I suspect the problem is the resolution increase over the years. Back in 2012~ you'd be rockin' a 1024x768 monitors that didn't require the game to push many pixels. Nowadays you've got people with 1080p all the way up the 4k (8k too but who actually plays apb on that). I see people with less powerful setups than me getting 144 constant but I suspect that's because they're not playing native 3440x1440 which leads me to believe it's dependent on resolution. 

Just my 2 cents anyway.

10 minutes ago, owzzy said:

I suspect the problem is the resolution increase over the years. Back in 2012~ you'd be rockin' a 1024x768 monitors that didn't require the game to push many pixels. Nowadays you've got people with 1080p all the way up the 4k (8k too but who actually plays apb on that). I see people with less powerful setups than me getting 144 constant but I suspect that's because they're not playing native 3440x1440 which leads me to believe it's dependent on resolution. 

Just my 2 cents anyway.

not true at all most people had 1080 by that point

8 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

not true at all most people had 1080 by that point

guess it was just me rockin a garbage tier monitor back then haha

On 11/2/2021 at 9:24 PM, Deadliest said:

I've tested the game on a 12700K CPU and didn't run into any issues whatsoever, no need to disable E-Cores. In fact, these E-Cores help get Windows background services off the main cores which is always welcome when playing a CPU intensive game.  I use a tool called Process Lasso to manually assign E or P-cores to processes but automatic scheduling works just as well with APB, it gets sent to the correct P-Cores by default on Windows 11.

What has very noticeably improved are initial load times and alt-tab times. Ingame performance is also great with stable FPS but the engine's shortcomings are still present, such as garbage collection, stuttering with higher detail settings... I have a feeling there won't be a CPU that can mask these completely until the game itself is fixed.

Edited by mojical

Sign in to follow this