Sakebee

11/3 Maintenance Announcement

Hello everyone,

We have our usual server maintenance this week on Wednesday 11/3/2021. The maintenance is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well. 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

#FixRFP (Remove IR3 from RFP-Fang)
#RevertFAR

Xmas is also around the corner..
#RevertHoHoHoPGL → #EnableHoHoHoPGLinMissionDistricts

Change consumables to mods with a cooldown, like they should've been in the first place.

16 hours ago, LilyRain said:

#FixRFP (Remove IR3 from RFP-Fang)

How to fix RFP:

• Sprint Modifier: 3 -> 1.5
  • Run Modifier: 1.75 -> 1.1
  • Walk Modifier: 1.2 -> 1
  • Jump Modifier: 7 -> 5
  • Health Damage: 110 -> 125
  • Dropoff Range: 40m -> 30m
  • Min Damage Range: 55m -> 60m
  • Minimum Damage: 30% -> 50%

"Fang" variant:

• Modification: Improved Rifling 3 -> Improved Rifling 1

"Swift Silver" variant:

• Modification: Heavy Barrel 1 -> Mobility Sling

"Comanche" variant:

• Modification: Extended Magazine 3 -> Bandolier 1

These changes accomplish the following:

• Can now be fired from the hip with normal accuracy like it's supposed to be (and used to be capable of).
  • Returns to 3 STK, which makes it viable again. Of the 9 bullets shot, allows for 1 to miss. 8 bullets = 1,000 health damage.
  • Shorter range, but a more gradual falloff with a higher minimum damage keeps it feeling good. Requires all 9 bullets at 31m.
  • Prevents the return of the "pocket OBIR" issue, that led to it being effectively deleted from the game in the first place.

Edited by Hexerin
Fixed some grammar/typos.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

How to fix RFP:

"Fang" variant:

"Swift Silver" variant:

"Comanche" variant:

• Can now be fired from the hip with normal accuracy like it's supposed to be (and used to be capable of).
  • Returns to 3 STK, which makes it viable again. Of the 9 bullets shot, allows for 1 to miss. 8 bullets = 1,000 health damage.
  • Shorter range, but a more gradual falloff with a higher minimum damage keeps it feeling good. Requires all 9 bullets at 31m.
  • Prevents the return of the "pocket OBIR" issue, that led to it being effectively deleted from the game in the first place.

Agreed with everything except Fang and Swift Silver, replace Ir3 to HS3 and leave EM3 as it was.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Agreed with everything except Fang and Swift Silver, replace Ir3 to HS3 and leave EM3 as it was.

Secondaries shouldn't have tier 3 (or 2) mods. It's a big part of what causes balance problems with them. Need look no further than the very gun we're all talking about here, to see that fact.

Additionally, Hunting Sight would do nothing but keep the Fang in an unusable state, so that is a terrible idea. The RFP is a hipfire gun, not an ADS gun. Extended Magazine (regardless of tier) creates a situation where the gun cannot fire a full burst at the end of its magazine, which both is and feels terrible. Meanwhile Bandolier gives it an entire extra magazine.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Secondaries shouldn't have tier 3 (or 2) mods. It's a big part of what causes balance problems with them. Need look no further than the very gun we're all talking about here, to see that fact.

Additionally, Hunting Sight would do nothing but keep the Fang in an unusable state, so that is a terrible idea. The RFP is a hipfire gun, not an ADS gun. Extended Magazine (regardless of tier) creates a situation where the gun cannot fire a full burst at the end of its magazine, which both is and feels terrible. Meanwhile Bandolier gives it an entire extra magazine.

the rfp is a marksmanship gun that has tolerable hipfire if forced - there was nothing wrong with it being a pocket obir when it was appropriately limited, the problem was g1 removed the limits and then orbit made the idiotic decision to rebalance instead of revert (which is still all that needs to be done, the rfp was nearly perfectly balanced before g1 tried to make a quick buck off it) 

your proposal is like the overtuned obt rfp meta on steroids, definitely not a fan of that

Edited by glaciers
typo
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 2:42 PM, Hexerin said:

How to fix RFP:

"Fang" variant:

"Swift Silver" variant:

"Comanche" variant:

✓ ♥ 

Interesting suggestions as prior to October 4th, 2019, the RFP did 133 Health Damage per shot (7.5187 shots to kill), making it easier to guarantee a kill by the 8th shot. With your suggestion of 125 however, RFP will barely get 8 shots to kill on the suggested Dropoff Range of 30 meters, giving it a fine ttk of 1.05s. If the User is 31 meters away from the target, 9 shots will make the ttk 1.1s. Ultimately, RFP will sandwich FBW, situationally being both better and worse (FBW can still 6 shot-to-kill up to 32 meters, not very impressively ahead but can switch back to a primary faster due to less commitment-time of having no burst intervals to worry about). I like this, RFP won't be as insane as it used to be but it won't be useless either.

At its worst (60m+), RFP will require 16 shots to kill (ttk = 2.5s). It will be a decent support damage choice due to its reliable accuracy but won't see much use since it isn't very promising. The new Min Damage Range and Min Damages won't be a problem. If anything they'll reduce the 'exaggerated uselessness' of weapons outside their Dropoff Ranges (a problem APB really suffers from).  SeemsGoodMan!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fang" variant:

Yes, this was a substantial issue that made RFP epicly protruding before. There were ideas such as replacing the mod with a Tagger but +3 meters from Improved Rifling 1 won't be a problem. This must happen.

"Swift Silver" variant:

I believe the point here is to make Swift Silver a bit less accurate (since Heavy Barrel helps accuracy). Either choices are fine because with the suggested new Health Damage of 125 per shot, Heavy Barrel 1 will effectively make the weapon always require 9+ shots to kill (ttk = 1.1s+), while Mobility Sling will increase Equip Time from 0.35s to 0.4. Both are hit or miss, I can't think of a reason to object to either atm.

"Comanche" variant:

Yeah, a Tier 3 mod on a Secondary is questionable (Magazine Capacity of 24 → 31 looks ridiculous). Increasing Reload Time is also terrible. Bandolier is indeed the more tame option.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely a decent attempt at fixing RFP. It'll be a decent choice in the pool of Secondary Weapons again and tuning it from there if needed won't be difficult.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

We still have secondaries with HS3 and HMS mod: ACT44 GM and RSA "Hunter"

Then we have secondaries with 3PS3 mods slapped on them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

We still have secondaries with HS3 and HMS mod: ACT44 GM and RSA "Hunter"

Then we have secondaries with 3PS3 mods slapped on them.

In the case of the ACT 44 GM PR1, Hunting Sight 3 doesn't really do anything. The ACT 44 is already quite accurate when ADS'd (it's intended for long range, after all), the mod just exaggerates that. However, I still stand by my statement of fixing it. Since there's already an ACT 44 with Hunting Sight 1 ("Executioner 4Four", the role reward), I'd say swapping it for High-Magnification Scope would be the best option. Keeps in line with the gun's design intent and gimmick.

The RSA "Hunter" uses High-Magnification Scope, a mod without tier. While its effect is identical to Hunting Sight 3, it also suffers a downside which keeps it balanced. There's no need to change it.

Not sure what you're getting at with your statement about 3-Point Sling 3, I've already stated that no secondary should have a tier 2/3 mod.

18 hours ago, glaciers said:

the rfp is a marksmanship gun that has tolerable hipfire if forced

It's only like that because of "balance" changes made by the chimpanzees that run this game's development. The gun has been bastardized over the past decade, only being actually good for the times it was allowed to actually do its job (before and after G1/RG had that idiotic sprint penalty on it, and before LO effectively deleting the gun).

It was always intended to be a hipfire gun. It's entire design (minus the changes made by the G1/RG chimps, and LO's deletion) supports that intent. There's nothing about the gun that ever pointed towards it being an ADS weapon, outside of those instances mentioned above.

Edited by Hexerin

22 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Bro, I wish that secondaries had open slots, but this feature should be allowed for everyone not just Armas-wise; Preferably through gunslinger role. Imagine some hacker boi lazering u with IR3-equipped FBW 😄

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It's only like that because of "balance" changes made by the chimpanzees that run this game's development. The gun has been bastardized over the past decade, only being actually good for the times it was allowed to actually do its job (before and after G1/RG had that idiotic sprint penalty on it, and before LO effectively deleting the gun).

It was always intended to be a hipfire gun. It's entire design (minus the changes made by the G1/RG chimps, and LO's deletion) supports that intent. There's nothing about the gun that ever pointed towards it being an ADS weapon, outside of those instances mentioned above.

its cool and all that the original intent may have been a hipfire gun, but in practice both times the rfp has had more than tolerable hipfire abilities its also been far too strong

if the only time the gun has been properly balanced was as a marksmanship pistol, and its been a marskmanship pistol for longer than not, i think its better to restore that balance than to go chasing after a design concept that has never worked in practice

i also doubt that another hipfire semi auto secondary will ever be correctly balanced in the fbw/.45 meta, and i don't think we need another hipfire secondary at all with how saturated that niche is

• Like 1

7 hours ago, glaciers said:

its cool and all that the original intent may have been a hipfire gun, but in practice both times the rfp has had more than tolerable hipfire abilities its also been far too strong

if the only time the gun has been properly balanced was as a marksmanship pistol, and its been a marskmanship pistol for longer than not, i think its better to restore that balance than to go chasing after a design concept that has never worked in practice

i also doubt that another hipfire semi auto secondary will ever be correctly balanced in the fbw/.45 meta, and i don't think we need another hipfire secondary at all with how saturated that niche is

If you want it to be an ADS-centric gun, then you need to give it 70m dropoff range like the ACT 44 / RSA... at which point it's a "pocket OBIR" again. Your concept for the gun doesn't work, while the hipfire design has always worked. If it was too strong, simply reel in its damage somewhat (like I did in my suggested changes, almost like I'm literally aware of what made the gun become a problem in the first place).

On 11/4/2021 at 8:01 AM, Hexerin said:

Not sure what you're getting at with your statement about 3-Point Sling 3,

It's a mod without downsides, then tagger too ofc.

13 hours ago, Hexerin said:

If you want it to be an ADS-centric gun, then you need to give it 70m dropoff range like the ACT 44 / RSA... at which point it's a "pocket OBIR" again. Your concept for the gun doesn't work, while the hipfire design has always worked. If it was too strong, simply reel in its damage somewhat (like I did in my suggested changes, almost like I'm literally aware of what made the gun become a problem in the first place).

the rfp doesnt need to have a 70m range in order to be a marksmanship pistol, as demonstrated by the pre-fang rfp

my "concept" for the rfp works just fine - because its literally just reverting the gun to the point in time it was balanced, saying it doesn't work is a bit silly

meanwhile a hipfire rfp has been tried and failed, twice

13 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

It's a mod without downsides, then tagger too ofc.

Which is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

13 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Which is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

It goes bit off topic, but still stays on topic regarding weapon modification balance. I shut up now, until further notice.