Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

11/1 Maintenance (servers are down)

@MattScott There use to be new starting areas like: Mumford, North Burb, South Burb, could worth investigation if the there are still to many in starting areas.

Merged.

18 hours ago, rioha said:

I don't want to be negative but I don't see new relaunch of FE having huge success unless it launches globally and gives everyone a fresh start (as per your mentioned "up to todays standards"). Otherwise only old players are incentivized to come back. 

@Rioha As far as i know this game did gave all a fresh start,

(All started whit no characters),Start a new.

You CAN play fallen earth, Globally (earth wide) (there are players from all over the world playing in the same ''World''),

is there a specific country you can't play from?

Ps. ''I don't want to be negative'' but be kind enough to have up to date information before posting.

PPs.This game still Good 🙂 Hope we get servers up fast

Edited by Psyzilard

5 minutes ago, Psyzilard said:

@Rioha As far as i know this game did gave all a fresh start,

(All started whit no characters),Start a new.

You CAN play fallen earth, Globally (earth wide) (there are players from all over the world playing in the same ''World''),

is there a specific country you can't play from?

Ps. ''I don't want to be negative'' but be kind enough to have up to date information before posting.

PPs.This game still Good 🙂 Hope we get servers up fast

Not backing up the negativity, but this isn't the new relaunch that Rioha speaks of. We have classic Fallen Earth right now, as it was before the shutdown, the new relaunch is going to be a new engine with improvements.
You are speaking of Classic Fallen Earth as if its a new product. This is Matt giving us the opportunity to play around with Fallen Earth, as it was, while we wait for the Relaunch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Psyzilard said:

@MattScott There use to be new starting areas like: Mumford, North Burb, South Burb, could worth investigation if the there are still to many in starting areas.

And all that was 'lost' when they did restructure fast travel, and impossible to change back...

The tutorial was also changed way back then.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Frammshamm said:

I haven't heard of any IP region lock and the server is clean, fresh start for everyone. I guess that means its gonna be HUGEOUSMUNGUS!

Playing with 200 ping is also not an option regardless of IP block or not. Devs need to support other regions and look at it from the bigger picture.

Fresh start? I am talking about new relaunch. They said 99% the progress will carry over... And we had dupes and things like that which affected the game negatively and yet they want to carry the progress over. Not a good idea. Especially when in order to make the game successful you have to build the hype, attract new players from all over and give people the excitement of a new world, new start...

This game has tons of potential but its not being used.

8 minutes ago, rioha said:

Playing with 200 ping is also not an option regardless of IP block or not. Devs need to support other regions and look at it from the bigger picture.

Fresh start? I am talking about new relaunch. They said 99% the progress will carry over... And we had dupes and things like that which affected the game negatively and yet they want to carry the progress over. Not a good idea. Especially when in order to make the game successful you have to build the hype, attract new players from all over and give people the excitement of a new world, new start...

200 ping in this game is just fine. Its not a twitch FPS and given how poorly the serves are performing, 200ms should be the least of your worries when you shoot a mob and it sits there for 7 seconds and then ports across the screen to melee range.

Re the relaunch - I completely agree but I'm not interested in the relaunch. I was talking more about the fresh start "FE Classic" which is where the hype should be. What will come out in the future is of no concern to me.

12 minutes ago, rioha said:

They said that progress would carry over in a thread from 2 years ago. That is no longer valid I would imagine as the servers have been wiped and we are all starting from a fresh slate again.

1 hour ago, violetnight666x said:

Not backing up the negativity, but this isn't the new relaunch that Rioha speaks of. We have classic Fallen Earth right now, as it was before the shutdown, the new relaunch is going to be a new engine with improvements.
You are speaking of Classic Fallen Earth as if its a new product. This is Matt giving us the opportunity to play around with Fallen Earth, as it was, while we wait for the Relaunch.

I don't think there are 100% information about FE.2 (or New FE, Unity Fallen Earth) It dose not say anywhere it will be server bases per area(Country) or have progress carried over, so what i said yes it was mean for Classic Fe since this is the Forum of it.

But might as well apply to new one, but as long there is no concrete data to suggest the new one will have this FE Classic progress carried over why complain about things not know ?In the Server Maintenance Topic.

(Topic is about server update, not Future FE 2, (Unity Fallen Earth) or the ability to spread misinformation)

24 minutes ago, Psyzilard said:

I don't think there are 100% information about FE.2 (or New FE, Unity Fallen Earth) It dose not say anywhere it will be server bases per area(Country) or have progress carried over, so what i said yes it was mean for Classic Fe since this is the Forum of it.

But might as well apply to new one, but as long there is no concrete data to suggest the new one will have this FE Classic progress carried over why complain about things not know ?In the Server Maintenance Topic.

(Topic is about server update, not Future FE 2, (Unity Fallen Earth) or the ability to spread misinformation)

dude, there is plenty of information about it... right on this forum, in the same subforum and it is also PINNED topic... :DDD

1 hour ago, rioha said:

I understand But having multiple server would not help so much, because in this game all are meant to see one a nother:

1 All need to be tied to one server (as long as they are in sight), if they are in same area. no way around it.

The multiple Serve would Help if you are just are solo or whit players from same Zone.

Sure you get Better NPC, world interaction ping ,but (2 or X times More server cost, as many servers you place around the world)

It would not meter when you will be in team whit a Friend on the other side of the Globe you would still get same hig ping

(Would help only if you are all in same Zone, as soon as a player from different zone Appears you will get the hig ping)

It would benefit but so little for so few cases is really not worth especially for a free game they (your asking something like ''Star Citisen'' Network interface) With is not more then 50 players pers shard, not like FE where is ALL players on same Shard.

Others games use the server where you can only play in EU/RU/US ,ect this game you all play on same not multiple. and i for one would not divide the player base for less ping and yes i get 140-300ping at time's still kill 99% of game,1% the lagg gets karma points.

1 minute ago, Psyzilard said:

I understand But having multiple server would not help so much, because in this game all are meant to see one a nother:

1 All need to be tied to one server (as long as they are in sight), if they are in same area. no way around it.

The multiple Serve would Help if you are just are solo or whit players from same Zone.

Sure you get Better NPC, world interaction ping ,but (2 or X times More server cost, as many servers you place around the world)

It would not meter when you will be in team whit a Friend on the other side of the Globe you would still get same hig ping

(Would help only if you are all in same Zone, as soon as a player from different zone Appears you will get the hig ping)

It would benefit but so little for so few cases is really not worth especially for a free game they (your asking something like ''Star Citisen'' Network interface) With is not more then 50 players pers shard, not like FE where is ALL players on same Shard.

Others games use the server where you can only play in EU/RU/US ,ect this game you all play on same not multiple. and i for one would not divide the player base for less ping and yes i get 140-300ping at time's still kill 99% of game,1% the lagg gets karma points.

That is why you need to advertise the game, put money into marketing and take an approach as this is another MMORPG. 

Look how many players wanted to play New World. Hundreds of servers and still first days the queues were 100 hours long. Most people couldn't play. The demand was insane.

If you attract enough players I don't see why you can't have 2 or even 3 servers for FE2. 

At the end of the day this is a business company and their priority is to make money. If you don't have players - you won't be able to maintain the project and will have to sell it or close it down completely again...

Gotta learn, right.

1 hour ago, rioha said:

dude, there is plenty of information about it... right on this forum, in the same subforum and it is also PINNED topic... :DDD

This is a 2019 Post, this is no longer valid, and it was mean for normal FE, FE Classic, Not the New game engine Fallen earth

look perhaps you care about this game but, do it in a other way make a new Topic one suggestion and make sure you Info is correct.

Edited by Psyzilard

38 minutes ago, Asquinol said:

They said that progress would carry over in a thread from 2 years ago. That is no longer valid I would imagine as the servers have been wiped and we are all starting from a fresh slate again.

They said they want to keep players interest and launch classic for the meantime. That doesn't mean they can't or don't have the database backup that they can later restore.

1 minute ago, rioha said:

That is why you need to advertise the game, put money into marketing and take an approach as this is another MMORPG. 

Look how many players wanted to play New World. Hundreds of servers and still first days the queues were 100 hours long. Most people couldn't play. The demand was insane.

If you attract enough players I don't see why you can't have 2 or even 3 servers for FE2. 

At the end of the day this is a business company and their priority is to make money. If you don't have players - you won't be able to maintain the project and will have to sell it or close it down completely again...

Gotta learn, right.

Since we're talking business, internationally hosted servers are expensive. That is an upfront overhead that this company may not be able to afford. Not the greatest example to compare this company to Amazon, who already maintains its own infrastructure, arguably the most sophisticated in the world, when it comes to with AWS cloud servers. Me thinks this game has to grow organically a bit, prove it can sustain numbers, drive revenue and be profitable before any serious bank would consider lending it any money. The other risk is that if they feel hard-strapped for cash, they may choose to look for PIPE investments or issue equity, which could lead to them losing control of the game in order to turn profits for those investors. My advice is take it slow, build a good game and watch it grow. People are on the lookout for a good non-p2w mmo with deep meaningful crafting, action-lite combat and good non-linear progression. Build it and they will come.. the money will follow.

10 minutes ago, Psyzilard said:

This is a 2019 Post, this is no longer valid, and it was mean for normal FE, FE Classic, Not the New game engine Fallen earth

look perhaps you care about this game but, do it in a other way make a new Topic one suggestion and make sure you Info is correct.

It is valid because they did not release an update or said anything that would indicate otherwise. 

Plus in that post it clearly talks about new version... Please read more carefully before you talk about "correct info".

we've been doing some backend work on the database and infrastructure of Fallen Earth to properly map out how the new version will upgrade. At this point, I'm 99% confident that we will not wipe progress.

Edited by rioha

7 minutes ago, rioha said:

It is valid because they did not release an update or said anything that would indicate otherwise. 

Plus in that post it clearly talks about new version... Please read more carefully before you talk about "correct info".

Ok so basically, what they have done here, is re-opening FE Classics (FE 1.0 if you will) in order for people to have something to play around with, while LO works on FE 2.0. In my opinion that gave them points from many aspects (plus new players) and they get to somehow keep the community together and hyped. It is better than nothing and I of all people have been a lil strict about keeping us in the dark, all that long. Honestly even that shows that they actually still CARE. Now, you might say FE Classics from an improved UE 4-5 reloaded version will be day and night. Yeah true, BUT one step at the time. I would rather prefer keeping Classics up with no lag and at the same time knowing that a group of people are working on something new (accompanied by proper Dev Blog updates and such), rather than keeping us in the dark and knowing absolutely NOTHING. That way I am sure that even if they run out of money, they can easily launch a funding campaign and have the community backing them up. And let's not forget what they are doing it right now is practically and LITERALLY free for us, putting money out of their own pockets on servers and manpower. 

Either way as I mentioned above, a stable FE Classics (which will gain valuable time) and a proper up to date development of FE 2.0, will for sure get this to work and perhaps due to the new advanced technology of 2021 (compared to 10 years ago, which was cutting edge back then, but simply not anymore), they may as well pull that off. And get double the digits perhaps in success. And that might as well give us another 5-6 years of Post Apocalyptic madness and addiction.

1 minute ago, Katia said:

And let's not forget what they are doing it right now is practically and LITERALLY free for us, putting money out of their own pockets on servers and manpower. 

Not disagreeing, but wanted to point out that this cost is likely earmarked as marketing and was likely a sunk cost anyways. They need to get the word out and imo it was a good decision to provide a game play experience as opposed to a meaningless youtube CGI commercial.

20 hours ago, Frammshamm said:

Not disagreeing, but wanted to point out that this cost is likely earmarked as marketing and was likely a sunk cost anyways. They need to get the word out and imo it was a good decision to provide a game play experience as opposed to a meaningless youtube CGI commercial.

Pretty sure they might be working on something as we speak.

Merged.

20 hours ago, WreckageExplorer said:

Game's up!

Not ready yet.

Sign in to follow this