WitchQueen

'The Gauntlet!' Finally over!

B7Mh3mQ.jpg

THE RACE WILL BE HELD THIS SUNDAY. I WILL CONFIRM A TIME SOON...

TWO race spots left so if you want them, design a race car and outfit and post it here.

We will vote for our favourites after Pat2Grief THIS Friday Night (7th Sept).

FAQ:

What is The Gauntlet?

It is a race for 10 participants. 5 go one way around the track and 5 go another way.

What can I win?

1st place: £25 Steam Voucher (roughly 3000g1c).

2nd place: $300k

3rd place: $150k

How do I apply?

If you want to apply you need to post a picture of you with your car and clothing that you will wear for the race.

Is there qualifying for grid position?

No. They have been decided based on the 'Car Catwalk' finishing positions.
Here are the results of that:

What is the track?

Watch the video for track info. Ignore the Rules in the video though, they're out of date:

And the race?
Sunday 9th Time tbc

How many laps?

FIVE

Repairing allowed?

You are only allowed to repair your car at the nearby repair station. If your car blows, you're out.

Car contact?

There are no contact rules, you may be as dirty as you wish. Use bugging Jerichos and Rapiers at your own risk.

Which cars are allowed?

All.

Mods allowed?

No more than ONE.

How Can I help support WitchQ Customs Events?

If you wish to become part of my 'event team' join my discord and get involved. It's growing quickly and is full of like minded APB players who generally have a laugh and also do missions:

https://discord.gg/bwjAAZb

If you wish to help with the prize fund, then all you need to do is buy my stuff on the market place. All of the money I give away in any of my events is funded by the stuff I sell so just search WitchQueen and buy away.

Can I be a sponsor?

We can definitely go the sponsorship route where your logo will be on any final event video, incorporated into all of the posters and the commentators will plug your stuff. Just like in real life! e.g. Instant replay sponsored by Budweiser...

Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing your submissions!

WQ

Here's the original trailer - a few details have now changed...

If you want to join my events discord use this link:

https://discord.gg/bwjAAZb

All like minded people welcome!

Edited by WitchQueen

Entry 1: Birmingham

Entry 2: JonasM

Entry 3: Szambi

Entry 4: Just1nLTU

Entry 5: Schwimmbad

Entry 6: Yvienne 

Entry 7: DiXi

Entry 8: Amnesia31
Entry 9: Charilbaldi
Entry 10: Entiee
Entry 11: Sedustic
Entry 12: ElsaSFM
Entry 13: xxVellaxx
Entry 14: PantheraHunter
Entry 15: Androy
Entry 16: Heysie
Entry 17: DDT
Entry 18: Azaca
Entry 19: madeitwitchqueen

Edited by WitchQueen
Editing this post to add new entrants
  • Like 1

oh my sounds exciting,

but there are some confusing things, because your event sounds like being a bit of a mess related event.

but blowtorch instead of repair stations?

honestly repair stations are more fair,

first they don't have a differencein cooldown by premium vs non premium,

second they need time because one may have to stop, slow down or take a bit of a longer path, while blowtorch work on the fly everywhere. But what would prevent another person from pusing a racer into a ga5 station?

So theres that oen teammate that can go N5? every bystander can go N5, as well, given he is crim. so you could probably see a lot of osmaw or alig surfing randoms.

P.S

can one bring a dumptruck as race car? XD I mean in the end all one needs to do is get enough people organised grabbing all the dumptrucks before the event and anyone else can grab and theres your guaranted win 😛

Edited by LilyV3

sh*t, i want that 1,2 mil but i'm just too lazy to read this all..

Edited by PHM

I feel you. I've read it all and I am still confused.

Come over to the Discord and WitchQueen will explain everything and fill any plot holes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Lily said stuff...

Funny, I'd just said to Saxtus  that I was going to go with repair stations instead of blow torch before i read your post. However, I may allow their grief partner to do repairs too.

And it is meant to be a mess. Don't assume I'm wanting a nice clean race 🙂

Also, join my discord 🙂

1 hour ago, WitchQueen said:

Funny, I'd just said to Saxtus  that I was going to go with repair stations instead of blow torch before i read your post. However, I may allow their grief partner to do repairs too.

And it is meant to be a mess. Don't assume I'm wanting a nice clean race 🙂

Also, join my discord 🙂

Yep, the mess is sure to be expected, some of these rules just would stop working due to the mess. But no discord here, it's astupid piece of bloatware.

16 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Yep, the mess is sure to be expected, some of these rules just would stop working due to the mess. But no discord here, it's astupid piece of bloatware.

Discord is fantastic!

Which Rules would stop working?

The only 'rules' are stick to the track, repair at the one station and no mods in the car.

I think the worst thing that can happen is that someone takes a dump truck and blocks off the alley. If that happens I'll just let people bypass the alley.

People go N5 at their own risk. I will make grief partners start at the start line with the racers. It will take a long time for a crim to mug to n5 whilst their partner is racing. I will also encourage bystanders to kill any n5s.

I'm toying with the idea of keeping everyone in the same voice channel too so I can anmounce things quickly like if the short cut is available to use.

And as with Xmas Bash we shall try to take as many dump trucks as we can.

1 hour ago, WitchQueen said:

Discord is fantastic!

Which Rules would stop working?

The only 'rules' are stick to the track, repair at the one station and no mods in the car.

I think the worst thing that can happen is that someone takes a dump truck and blocks off the alley. If that happens I'll just let people bypass the alley.

People go N5 at their own risk. I will make grief partners start at the start line with the racers. It will take a long time for a crim to mug to n5 whilst their partner is racing. I will also encourage bystanders to kill any n5s.

I'm toying with the idea of keeping everyone in the same voice channel too so I can anmounce things quickly like if the short cut is available to use.

And as with Xmas Bash we shall try to take as many dump trucks as we can.

well you changed the ga5 station rule already,

N5, one doesnt starts from N0, the event will take rpeparation so epople go N4.9 before it starts and just in time turn N5 possibly with an assist of another prson telling when one comes around to amke sure to be N5 as short as possible and shoot the cars. (beleief me organsied trolls can happen and are highly organsided)

Not sure what the point of mods is, people might even get pushed with the help of someone else.

but lets see how meesy the mess gets.

3 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

But no discord here, it's astupid piece of bloatware.

You don't have to install anything. Works from a modern browser too.

I am curious however why it's bloatware. If you can be more specific on this will open my eyes too.

22 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

You don't have to install anything. Works from a modern browser too.

I am curious however why it's bloatware. If you can be more specific on this will open my eyes too.

you mean those browsers where it regulary derps out making voip not even work? yeah been there done that muliple times dropped the tool.

its bloatware because it has like a bazillion of unneeded features and people spam stupid pictuires left and right because it's easy wasting just the time to find proper information and cnsumign ressources loading crap one doesn't needs. It's like a messy reddit with voip.

23 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

a bazillion of unneeded features

At WitchQueen's server, we use only those that are necessary. Moxxy takes care of that.

24 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

people spam stupid pictuires left and right

I can't argue there, however, that can happen on this forum too. It's a moderation issue and not a service's issue.

48 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

At WitchQueen's server, we use only those that are necessary. Moxxy takes care of that.

I can't argue there, however, that can happen on this forum too. It's a moderation issue and not a service's issue.

This^^^ Just join mine. I know what you mean, I'm in a few and I had to leave some already.

3 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

well you changed the ga5 station rule already,

N5, one doesnt starts from N0, the event will take rpeparation so epople go N4.9 before it starts and just in time turn N5 possibly with an assist of another prson telling when one comes around to amke sure to be N5 as short as possible and shoot the cars. (beleief me organsied trolls can happen and are highly organsided)

Not sure what the point of mods is, people might even get pushed with the help of someone else.

but lets see how meesy the mess gets.

You seem to be acting like people can't go N5 on literally ANY OTHER EVENT. Formula W, people could go N5 and grief if they wanted. Same with any event anyone has ever done. I'm also sure that some of the griefers in Formula W and Xmas Bash were friends with some of the racers or maybe were enemies of Heysie lol.

In a crowded Server, when people are N5 and nearby they generally get killed. I think going N5 would actually be a silly idea. Point of which mods?

16 hours ago, WitchQueen said:

This^^^ Just join mine. I know what you mean, I'm in a few and I had to leave some already.

You seem to be acting like people can't go N5 on literally ANY OTHER EVENT. Formula W, people could go N5 and grief if they wanted. Same with any event anyone has ever done. I'm also sure that some of the griefers in Formula W and Xmas Bash were friends with some of the racers or maybe were enemies of Heysie lol.

In a crowded Server, when people are N5 and nearby they generally get killed. I think going N5 would actually be a silly idea. Point of which mods?

yes they could but we also tried to not making the whens of events public, so its harder to prepare for the N5 in advance.

Edited by LilyV3

24 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

yes they could but we also tried to not makign the whens of events public, so its harder to prepare for the N5 in advance.

Randoms aren't going to be n5 any more than they would in another event. Only difference this time is that I will be in constant voice contact with my team of mercs ready to take people down. I might have them sitting at N4.9 too ready. We've never done that before!

It'll be just as fine as any other event, maybe easieras it's just a few racers at a time unlike FW and XB which were huge.

Ok so I think Lily may have scared people away from this event so I have made a few changes:

1. No 'grief partners' any more. Enter alone. (Or don't tell us lol)

2. Now 1 race of 8 participants instead of 4 qualifying races and a final.

3. Final 8 to be chosen using a 'Car Catwalk' - a seperate event with it's own prize.

4. Prize fund updated.

Come and enter! It will be lots of fun, you can win some 'monies' and get to be part of an epic video.

Edited by WitchQueen

4 Entrants so far could do with 8 more!!! See Post 2 to see them together.

Edited by WitchQueen

Thanks for the entry's so far.

Don't forget that only 8 cars will get through to the final as judged in the car catwalk.  So let's see some racey designs and if anyone wants to change their entry that is absolutely fine just post a new pic and I will change it.