MattScott

Fallen Earth Classic

Thanks to Little Orbit for bringing this back! Looking forward to getting out there and exploring the savage wastelands all over again. I'll be looking to settle the score with a certain Shadow & Fluffy the Clown...

On 10/26/2021 at 10:07 AM, pidian said:

what a time to be alive

hopefully the forum pvp returns too...

and the peacemaker, uben qui

Got the question, what happened to old players database?

Its saved somewhere and awaits on Unity version of the game, or it was deleted?
Im really worried about this, could someone answer on this question? (Here or via pm)

So happy to be able to play this game again.

Just wish they could really revert it to Classic times before GamersFirst period.

GamersFirst made so many bad changes to this game. Removing "certain" tradeskill items from terrain salvage tables. Removing "certain" salvage refinement books. Changes to the faction system that were not needed. Etc.

Merged.

3 hours ago, Szymonicus said:

Got the question, what happened to old players database?

Its saved somewhere and awaits on Unity version of the game, or it was deleted?
Im really worried about this, could someone answer on this question? (Here or via pm)

I had some high level characters too, but I hope they never bring it back.  So many bad stuff with exploits and duping happened in the live game. I don't see how they will ever be able to fix that mess.

To be honest, it would be such a waste of time with the limited resources they have right now. It would make no sense at this point.

Resources at LittleOrbit are that limited now, that FE development is on the back burner at the moment.  So that should say everything you need to know at this point.

When ever the game re-releases on the new engine, it would be nice that everyone just starts with a clean sheet again. New experience for everyone. Last thing we need is a poluted / broken start of the re-release with the server full of broken high level characters with fat bank accounts and inflate the market from day 1.

I mean, just look at the current Classic Server. Within 2 days I already saw max level characters driving around on vehicles. They are just using the old exploits/dupes again.

It's really sad, but it just shows the bad nature of gamers and why we can't have nice things. People always try to cheat and exploit if they get the chance. /shrug

In regards to marketplace items: I think it's a little silly that a developer is never allowed to change their stance on something when new information comes to light. I'm not sure he expected the amount of support people wanted to provide, and amount of resources it would take to run the game. I'm all for allowing marketplace stuff to be allowed and I don't even intend to purchase any. I have to tell people they can support LO by buying joker tickets on APB if they really just want to donate, but that's not fair for people who want to get a little bit back too. I'm hoping anything you can purchase is only a cosmetic item though, like if you buy a flame cycle, it's just a skin you can apply to a motorcycle, and don't allow people to sell market items for chips either.

In regards to server wiping, here's how it will go.
If it doesn't wipe:
-New players will come in, see that everybody is already maxed and there's no way for them to catch up. OR: these players will be given tons of free shit, thus ruining the progression, and making the game too easy. Many of them will not stay.
-Old players will "be happy" that they don't have to restart, play for a week, then quit because there's nothing for them to do until the next content update in 6 months, if they ever return.

-Stalwart fans of FE will play no matter what happens.

If it does wipe:
-New players will come in, be able to level alongside all the new players, and only be given sparse extras which won't completely ruin their experience. They can sell crafting materials for high values because everybody is crafting, or craft items to sell for high values, thus allowing any playstyle to flourish. They can find groups of similar level players easily.
-Old players will "not be happy" but realize it's either this or not play at all, and most of them will play anyways, using their previous knowledge to get to the point they were at anyways, with plenty of stuff still to attain. By the time they are at their old best, new content will be available for them to experience.

-Stalwart fans of FE will play no matter what happens.

From my viewpoint, wiping the server is the best situation for everybody.
Additionally, marketplace items you've bought before, ehh, that's a tossup. It might be quite awful if you don't get those items again, but LO might want to go a different route with monetization, and it wouldn't be fair for newer players to not have those items available. Plus, that was G1 who sold you those items, and you used them for a long time, then the server shut down and none of us expected it to come back. You already grieved those items. I personally am okay if I don't get my flame cycle back, I'm okay if I don't get my character back, and I'm okay if my Classic progress is wiped too, because I believe it's best for the server.

• Thanks 1

Glad to see this coming back! However, I reinstalled on STEAM, logged in...and the characters I had are gone, as are all the Key and Store items I'd gathered over the years since release, even though I'm seeing many people who's accounts seem to all still have their old stuff from back when the servers went down. Any way to fix this?

3 hours ago, SoulzBaen said:

Glad to see this coming back! However, I reinstalled on STEAM, logged in...and the characters I had are gone, as are all the Key and Store items I'd gathered over the years since release, even though I'm seeing many people who's accounts seem to all still have their old stuff from back when the servers went down. Any way to fix this?

Everyone is starting from 0. You must be mistaken. "many people who's accounts seem to all still have their old stuff from back when the servers went down" things are NOT as it seems. Sure, its a bit of a grind to get back to top tier gear but I'm having fun going though it all again. Best of luck in the wasteland!

On 11/9/2021 at 8:53 AM, Jeronan said:

So happy to be able to play this game again.

Just wish they could really revert it to Classic times before GamersFirst period.

GamersFirst made so many bad changes to this game. Removing "certain" tradeskill items from terrain salvage tables. Removing "certain" salvage refinement books. Changes to the faction system that were not needed. Etc.

Merged.

I had some high level characters too, but I hope they never bring it back.  So many bad stuff with exploits and duping happened in the live game. I don't see how they will ever be able to fix that mess.

To be honest, it would be such a waste of time with the limited resources they have right now. It would make no sense at this point.

Resources at LittleOrbit are that limited now, that FE development is on the back burner at the moment.  So that should say everything you need to know at this point.

When ever the game re-releases on the new engine, it would be nice that everyone just starts with a clean sheet again. New experience for everyone. Last thing we need is a poluted / broken start of the re-release with the server full of broken high level characters with fat bank accounts and inflate the market from day 1.

I mean, just look at the current Classic Server. Within 2 days I already saw max level characters driving around on vehicles. They are just using the old exploits/dupes again.

It's really sad, but it just shows the bad nature of gamers and why we can't have nice things. People always try to cheat and exploit if they get the chance. /shrug

I remember when I started the game (it wasn’t yesterday 🙂 ) there were a lot of 55 players already here.

I never felt that they would hinder me, In fact, they inspired me.

I hope one day I can play with my old characters.I've invested a lot of time in them, 5 years 😕, and I wasn’t even close to the "endgame".

Do you want to start over with yours old acc?  Do it,  don't play with your old character,make new,and start ower.

Fallen Earth is an old game, time to update.Update is the solution, not the wipe.

It takes time? yes it takes time.but I give it time because the game deserves it.

I know I’m just one player, and if I don’t play anymore, 3 others will take my place.

One player is nothing.

Cheaters are everywhere, it's not FE specific.

Unfortunately, the game didn’t have a good owner after a while,it's not the players' fault.

I do not protect cheaters, ban them immediately!!

On 11/9/2021 at 1:20 AM, Xhemesis said:

Yes!   

This made my year!

Reading this today has made mine too 😃 I thought I'd never experience the old FE again 😪

I forgot how deep and detailed this game is. I completely forgot how to play and have no idea what is going on but I love it.

Thank you for restoring this MMO. I have played lots of MMO's in the past but the community in this one is amazing. People are helpful, nobody yells at you for not knowing stuff the RP community was fantastic. I'm James  and this is my favourite MMO on the cita.... whoops no wait wrong game.

• Like 1

I've never played FE before and it's a shame because the game is so cool.

I've been in the wasteland for a few days now and what I especially like about it is the post-apocalyptic atmosphere, the ragged world; gameplay revolving around scavenging and crafting, all those equipment slots on my character and the ability to dual wield different combinations of weapons like a gun and a knife, the slow progress and the slow burner feel which arguably can be just me, the action combat with manual aiming, even the character creator that still keeps up with many modern MMO's; the sound design of loud gunfire and ambient music; and a lot more. Honestly, I did not expect it to be this good.

To not give only praise, there are some things that annoy me a bit, mainly that mobs keep respawning too fast so it doesn't really feel like I'm clearing out an area while they keep popping up even right next to me; that I can't whistle to call my horse if he's standing not too far away; and maybe a couple more minor things.

But the game as a whole is amazing. Thanks for reviving it!

hey when will FE become available on steam on macbook pro with m1 chip so i cant download off gamerfirst ive tried multiple VMs yet nothing seems t be working this has always been my favorite game and really dont want to miss out 

2 minutes ago, Riverwind said:

Alec Masters Offline

1 hour long down time it will come back up

• Like 1

I found something that gives those of you who have never seen it, a glimpse at those who created Lifenet, our clones, and the wastelands.

The parents of the Children of the Apocalypse.

https://youtu.be/Y0auK-yugT4

• Like 2

Thanks for the share. Honestly, I am personally happy to see so many interactive people on here. 

ive been here since alpha, but i am crap at keeping track of accounts. must have lost my old info some time when switching to G1.

anyways, all i want to say is thank you. i was pretty sure id never play this game again. now im making my s1 medium pistols all over again.

you should add a donation link that explicitly doesn't do anything. or maybe consider selling commander at a reduced price, and putting everyone accounts on the low-tier premium in a few months. free accounts suck though, so maybe dont do that if you want to keep the ball rolling.

Is there any way to open some kind of Marketplace to buy stuff to help with getting the new FE up and running?

On 11/24/2021 at 5:05 AM, LetsRock said:

Is there any way to open some kind of Marketplace to buy stuff to help with getting the new FE up and running?

no theres a mixed talk of yes the market will be back and no the market will not be back, but items will be vendored via npcs

Any news on when it's coming back to Steam?

2) Steam doesn't work right now

We are waiting on Valve to restore the old game. As soon as that happens, then we'll post an update here.

Thanks to Little Orbit for bringing this back! I am so enjoying returning and playing Fallen Earth once again.  Of all the games (Big name ones too) that are available today, I find it is hard to beat Fallen Earth in the depth of game play. the crafting chain is second to none and the play area is expansive. The community as a whole is helpful, Funny and passionate unlike a few other games were the mood is salty and toxic.

Even though I lost all my previous characters and loot, it is totally fun building them back from scratch and I can see long hours and a winter spent with and old friend/game.

Thanks again for Bringing back Fallen Earth 🙂 Cheers

• Like 1