Sign in to follow this  
YouKnowWhoo

Fallen earth might be returning soon

Under consideration per Matt on Twitter - https://twitter.com/mattpscott/status/1451443275336986633 - and on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/fallenearth/comments/qdqhms/fallen_earth_classic_anyone/

Matthew Scott

@mattpscott

·

Oct 22

Development progress is backed up behind some other projects. But I have been considering putting a wiped set of classic servers back online for players to mess around on while they wait. 'Fallen Earth Classic' has a nice ring to it.

1 hour ago, RN86 said:

Matthew Scott

@mattpscott

·

Oct 22

Development progress is backed up behind some other projects. But I have been considering putting a wiped set of classic servers back online for players to mess around on while they wait. 'Fallen Earth Classic' has a nice ring to it.

I REALLY would like to experience for the first time after watching some youtube videos.  Where can I get (free or paid) version that would work with those classic servers??

16 hours ago, lordofsteve1 said:

Just out of curiosity and joy at the thought if they do agree on doing this how long will it take?

i wish i had the answer for that !
Guess we will have to wait for the updates 

Well Im all in  what Matt said , least I can return my favorite post world,

Would be even better if we get to access the Icarus Studios days (as Classics as it can be), when the cap was lvl 45 and everyone started from S2, the faction camps. 

PS: When Matt mentioned wipe I hope he doesn't mean our cosmetics and marketplace items too, we bought with real money. 

Edited by Katia

Even if i need to pay for this gem its not problem. Let's just have a faith they make it this year maybe 😄

So wondering if they can have it backup by this weekend and run a Halloween event,

Or do you think that would be asking to much

I also see I have 1020 G1C left wonder if they are still good, Hmmmm

And with that said, I'd be game

I have REALLY been missing Fallen Earth. Used to play it on and off all the time! Was a fun yet flawed game that I just couldn't get enough of.

Was all kinds of sad when the shutdown was announced for it.

That said I'm not entirely sure how well a game like FE will have aged. My guess is that it would be a very, very, very, very niche game if it came back. Then again who knows. The MMORPG market is about as stale as it can be. With people desperate for something new or different to play. So there's always a chance it'd work out. Monetization would have to be handled VERY carefully though. People are getting fed up with the typical cash shop shenanigans you see everywhere now.

Hopefully we hear more about this soon!

16 hours ago, Katia said:

When Matt mentioned wipe I hope he doesn't mean our cosmetics and marketplace items too, we bought with real money. 

This, G1C at the very least. Tho I'd probably sub up either way, but would be weaksauce to need to get my wardrobe unlocks and such again.

"Classic" is a very WIDE range of definitions for this game. At the beginning it was lvl 15 cap I think, that's toooooo "classy", even for me.

Then again, classic servers r opened after/while main is on, not the other way around.

If u can run main first with all our items (minus acc's that wasnt active say for a year/half a year fore the shutdown to lesser the load), mounts, lvl's, skills, armor/weps and so on, while the map size is about Clinton Farm with surroundings, literally one town with some land around, that's a go, imo. Just place some clan manager there, all 4 vaults, and turn off the damn 25 day timer for guild lead change.

Since, bein able to be back in that world in some form, is not the same as starting again from literally scratch - Main first, and everything else later, considering how u can spawn any npc on the map, would that be merchant with mats or event boss, map size or amount of towns becomes pretty unimportant detail on the contrary to content and achieved progress, which is IRL time, of which there's never nuff, and players can't take it back.

I, for one, cannot imagine a bunch of "sunshine" folk to ditch on their 2k or 16k hours in the game, unlike some newbies with 0 on the record.

Lightbrights aint that popular in this game) Or in general...

Also, that "for the time bein" is rather...well, it's a worst case scenario. In other projects that's a definition of "never again". In that case me and my money would gladly depart elsewhere.

However, I realize, it could be, that others might have some opposing opinions on the matter, I simply post mine, since it's a forum, pps post here, so...I encourage everyone to ignore it (and I meant u know who, "God bless em"...with some huge effing rock from the sky right in their heads, I hope), thx for ur time.

P.S. - If a map would be size of some big nuff bunker bar, literally, with our loot, progress and some npcs, that's a greenlight.

Sign in to follow this