Sign in to follow this  
ZoriaDunne

Is this game still alive?

On 10/19/2021 at 9:17 AM, Tiuhti said:

probably was the only option for dead NA server

fixed it for you.

10 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

I'm kinda glad I stopped playing with the excuse of "waiting to the engine upgrade." So It's less painful when I hear it shuts down.

i just got tired of the same reapting factor that everyone is "FUN? IN APB OH FUCK YOU DIDNT!" each match getting called a twat for using x weapon getting told im an patootie for changing how i play the match when the opp is acting like an patootie so on and so forth. needs more content over an engine update that won't save it

https://will.io/apb/

Kinda sorta, I look at it from time to time. It hasn't really seen a while lot of action in the past while....

Edited by Fruitini
cuz

On 10/25/2021 at 3:33 AM, cowhorseman said:

i just got tired of the same reapting factor that everyone is "FUN? IN APB OH FUCK YOU DIDNT!" each match getting called a twat for using x weapon getting told im an patootie for changing how i play the match when the opp is acting like an patootie so on and so forth. needs more content over an engine update that won't save it

100%, Always been called a Noob for using Alig + Kevlar 3, Heavy playstyle, play whatever you want, there's always someone who is going to call you a noob because you don't use what they think it's the pro stuff.

17 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

100%, Always been called a Noob for using Alig + Kevlar 3, Heavy playstyle, play whatever you want, there's always someone who is going to call you a noob because you don't use what they think it's the pro stuff.

What do the pros use to make them bulletproof? I die before I even see them shooting without kevlar.

On 11/6/2021 at 3:38 PM, FartyBumBumGuff said:

What do the pros use to make them bulletproof? I die before I even see them shooting without kevlar.

Lag and shitreg.

8 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

Lag and shitreg.

I managed to kill a defender and take over the objective. We were defending it well, one tried to sneak in the back, I went round to meet them, I was hiding around the corner holding a grenade when I tried to throw it he wouldn't release it, I froze, teleported and died then we lost the mission. I seem to die just as quick using kevlar 3 as I do using fragile and at least with fragile I can move faster than a turtle in molasses.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

51 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I managed to kill a defender and take over the objective. We were defending it well, one tried to sneak in the back, I went round to meet them, I was hiding around the corner holding a grenade when I tried to throw it he wouldn't release it, I froze, teleported and died then we lost the mission. I seem to die just as quick using kevlar 3 as I do using fragile and at least with fragile I can move faster than a turtle in molasses.

Yeah, thats just one of the countless examples of "APB for ya". Others are instances where you have your target dead center within your crosshair, and of 10 shots you fire only 2 manage to hit mysteriously. Don't ask, it's APB.

2 minutes ago, Tumbies said:

Lag shield, ADADADADADAD, and/or cheats. If they fixed the hit reg and updated the netcode many of these "pros" would not be able to play lol 

While there is no cheat that can literally make you immortal there are indeed cheats that register whether you are being aimed at and move you out of the way, or at least they existed. Had this one time i was aiming with the golden Act44 at a guy who was aprox 50m away behind a wall and only a marginal bit of his hitbox and head stuck out.

Aimed at him, my crosshair turned red, he moved to the side. This happened a few times and i started wondering, so i experimented on him for a the few remaining seconds in the mission without actually firing, and he was sitting completely still safe for the moments when my crosshair was over him and turned red which then caused him to move a bit to the side so it wasn't red any more.

But that was 3 years ago, been observing it more frequently but that's when i first took note of it.

I have one instance where i captured that behavior on stream with an opponent after a match where one of us was bounty and thus as my crosshair went over her she moved to the side even though she was apparently afk. Only realized that later sadly, it would have made a great opportunity to highlight this.

And yeah, hitreg is a horror. You crouch in MM and try to land shots while they run around and do backflips and all sorts of nonsense and hit every shot because "statistics" say they should. That needs urgent fix, but will never happen ofc.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

While there is no cheat that can literally make you immortal there are indeed cheats that register whether you are being aimed at and move you out of the way, or at least they existed. Had this one time i was aiming with the golden Act44 at a guy who was aprox 50m away behind a wall and only a marginal bit of his hitbox and head stuck out.

Aimed at him, my crosshair turned red, he moved to the side. This happened a few times and i started wondering, so i experimented on him for a the few remaining seconds in the mission without actually firing, and he was sitting completely still safe for the moments when my crosshair was over him and turned red which then caused him to move a bit to the side so it wasn't red any more.

But that was 3 years ago, been observing it more frequently but that's when i first took note of it.

I have one instance where i captured that behavior on stream with an opponent after a match where one of us was bounty and thus as my crosshair went over her she moved to the side even though she was apparently afk. Only realized that later sadly, it would have made a great opportunity to highlight this.

And yeah, hitreg is a horror. You crouch in MM and try to land shots while they run around and do backflips and all sorts of nonsense and hit every shot because "statistics" say they should. That needs urgent fix, but will never happen ofc.

I've had them stand right in front of me while I fire SMG or assault rifle while he runs from left to right avoiding every bullet until I have no ammo left, every time I should have hit him he instantly changes direction instead, it looked like he was having a fit because he would disappear for a split second and reappear running in the opposite direction, several times a second.

Edited by FartyBumBumGuff

On 1/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, Sniperturtle said:

No such cheat existed that would move you out of the way; yes there are some that would show an "aim-laser" which is a drawn line on screen that shows the direction a person is looking(even when the character model doesn't properly reflect it). While that guy could have been cheating if you did actually aim down sights at the corner he was at and just sat aiming there I would move further away from the corner or change the corner/angle I was holding since I would assume you knew I was there. Yes apb has bad hitreg which is caused by bad(sub 30 tick most of the time) inconsistent tick rates, bad servers(they don't host there own servers anymore), and the client sided lag/stuttering will causes hitreg issues. They don't care about hitreg right now they literally have a gun in game called the 'true ogre' that when fired literally makes everyone else's shots not register.  

On 1/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, Sniperturtle said:

no you didn't.

a cheat/macro that does that would LITERALLY make the game unplayable outside of the situation where he is barely peeking.

more than likely you went into that match with an implicit bias the guy was cheating and then you used situations like that to confirm your belief and forgot about all the other times it didn't happen.

arguably the biggest problems with this game has been the removal of the appropriate threat system so players genuinely had a gauge of how good someone was (yes, g7+ players fighting g1-5's is the equivalent of a gold fighting a bronze in skill difference.) how unclear the third person camera can make certain engagements, the poor servers g1 threw up about 3 or 4 months into their ownership of the game that have caused hitreg issues ever since

Edited by Thaumaturge

On 1/26/2022 at 12:16 AM, MonkaS said:

No such cheat existed that would move you out of the way; yes there are some that would show an "aim-laser" which is a drawn line on screen that shows the direction a person is looking(even when the character model doesn't properly reflect it). While that guy could have been cheating if you did actually aim down sights at the corner he was at and just sat aiming there I would move further away from the corner or change the corner/angle I was holding since I would assume you knew I was there. Yes apb has bad hitreg which is caused by bad(sub 30 tick most of the time) inconsistent tick rates, bad servers(they don't host there own servers anymore), and the client sided lag/stuttering will causes hitreg issues. They don't care about hitreg right now they literally have a gun in game called the 'true ogre' that when fired literally makes everyone else's shots not register.  

Listen to me: There was no way at all he would have been able to tell whether my aim was exactly on him or not unless he had something running that told him.

But since you can say with certainty that "No such cheat existed" i suppose you must know from first hand experience, yes? Have you tried them all?

Merged.

On 1/28/2022 at 5:26 PM, Thaumaturge said:

no you didn't.

a cheat/macro that does that would LITERALLY make the game unplayable outside of the situation where he is barely peeking.

more than likely you went into that match with an implicit bias the guy was cheating and then you used situations like that to confirm your belief and forgot about all the other times it didn't happen.

You are not making any sense my friend, more likely you went into this argument with a preconceived idea of how such a system is supposed to work without understanding how it would actually work.

I am no hacker or big programmer by any means, my knowledge in programming is limited to some scripting for various games, being a script-god in LSL, and some work in MT4 and 5, but if you give me access to a tool that extracts those variables from the game i can write you a dodge script easily and when you bind it to a toggle or hold key it will not make anything unplayable at all.

Edited by Sniperturtle

16 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

Listen to me: There was no way at all he would have been able to tell whether my aim was exactly on him or not unless he had something running that told him.

But since you can say with certainty that "No such cheat existed" i suppose you must know from first hand experience, yes? Have you tried them all?

Merged.

You are not making any sense my friend, more likely you went into this argument with a preconceived idea of how such a system is supposed to work without understanding how it would actually work.

I am no hacker or big programmer by any means, my knowledge in programming is limited to some scripting for various games, being a script-god in LSL, and some work in MT4 and 5, but if you give me access to a tool that extracts those variables from the game i can write you a dodge script easily and when you bind it to a toggle or hold key it will not make anything unplayable at all.

Yes I've tried all of them I cheated off and on since 2011. I had epic goats free build before it was released to the public I was the one who suggested he add a picture of tiggs face to the esp/wallhack. It literally doesn't exist they prob had aim laser enabled which draws a line on screen that points in the direction you'd be aiming obv they'd have reg esp enabled as well which draws a box around your character model.

Edited by MonkaS

1 minute ago, MonkaS said:

. I had epic goats free build before it was released to the public

I’ll never forget how many idiots used that free build… so so many bans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I’ll never forget how many idiots used that free build… so so many bans.

All of those bans were manual as well which was hilarious. The guy had a massive amount of knowledge about how the game worked behind the curtain to the point I'm like 90% sure the un-updated free build from 2016 would still work if battleye wasn't enabled.

Edited by MonkaS

Sign in to follow this