Sign in to follow this  
ZoriaDunne

Is this game still alive?

Hello, I'm just jumping in the forums to check if the game is alive or not, is the engine upgrade still going to happen? Any news?

220~ish players at peak according to steamcharts (probably on Citadel). No release date for the Engine Update (im assuming its not gonna be released this year either).

Reading the thread for the EU gives me the idea that they still need months if not years to finish it.

5 hours ago, Fasalina said:

220~ish players at peak according to steamcharts (probably on Citadel).

Clearly removing threat was the "best" idea. 

1 hour ago, PotatoeGirl said:

Clearly removing threat was the "best" idea. 

probably was the only option for dead districts

• Like 1

I would argue the removal of the (in)famous threat segregation had an imperceptible impact on the game population, more or less, the population numbers revolve around the same values as before the change. On average, there are about 100 players on Jericho (and goes up to 150 at best) and 400 players on Citadel (up to 450 at times). APB Watcher tends to give more accurate data, considering the fact many players do not use Steam.

Normally, checking out the first few pinned topics and latest blog posts, along with the user made threads keeps you abreast of the game status. Additionally, despite being a small game, APB has a loyal streamer base, one can always check Twitch and see for themselves what the current situation is like, without even logging in. 

I'm in Citadel but work late so I'm usually on late at night. Before midnight there's often a full or nearly full place to do missions and an empty one to loot. I'll get on the busy one and do a few missions but the population drops off until after midnight I can't find any missions in Waterfront where I need to be for the contact so I mug and loot instead. I'd have 10 million by now but I keep giving away Crack vans with free nitrous and extra cargo mods. If I see a low level player looting in a plain van he's getting a crack van. I think I've given away 5 or 6 now. If you see a ram raiding army of blue vans with an arse on the back and a space hopper on the roof called mr hoppy, I did that.

16 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

I'm just jumping in the forums to check if the game is alive or not

The fact u jumpin around and u dont wanna bother even readin the pin topic about the engine shows that u dont really care about the game.Jump back down pls thx

1 hour ago, AlienTM said:

The fact u jumpin around and u dont wanna bother even readin the pin topic about the engine shows that u dont really care about the game.Jump back down pls thx

whats the point being rude to people on a dead game forum lmao

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tiuhti said:

probably was the only option for dead districts

They should have kept it only for the dead server then.

The pop was like 400 just a month before the change and now is half of that.

1 hour ago, TzickyT said:

there are stil people playing.

Are you sure they are actual people at this point? :v)

15 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

They should have kept it only for the dead server then.

The pop was like 400 just a month before the change and now is half of that.

This proves that no body reads the forums

I'm trying to help new players by giving them stuff but then you have scumbags who can't be killed firing rocket launchers from cars at them. I tried to run one over twice but it just pushed the scrote along the road not killing him, I'd been called as backup and he had a red name so he was an enemy. Then there was the time I hid from one and ambushed him. Full load of automatic shotgun shells at close range, 2 or 3 meters, yet no damage on them and they turn around and one shot kill you in 10th of a second. In fact the prick I tried to run over looked similar to the Mr eats shotgun shells all day bellend.

23 minutes ago, FartyBumBumGuff said:

I tried to run one over twice but it just pushed the scrote along the road not killing him, I'd been called as backup and he had a red name so he was an enemy

there's a character mod that helps prevent being run over, valzipram tablets 

On 10/19/2021 at 12:57 PM, ninjarrrr said:

whats the point being rude to people on a dead game forum lmao

being truthful =/= being rude

So what will happen when the game's overall population hits 20 somewhere within the next 3 months? Because that's all that's left now without threat seggragation.

10 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

So what will happen when the game's overall population hits 20 somewhere within the next 3 months? Because that's all that's left now without threat seggragation.

I could be wrong, but altogether the population numbers are the same as before the segregation removal, if not even slightly increased. I don't think anything, population wise, will change soon.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bambola said:

I could be wrong, but altogether the population numbers are the same as before the segregation removal, if not even slightly increased. I don't think anything, population wise, will change soon.

Yes, of course. No need to worry. Grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy this:

Oh, and while you're at it, contemplate the meaning of why those districts were so empty to begin with...

Edited by Sniperturtle
  • Like 1

You can still play the lag server are online. 

But without thread its only for veterans or cheaters all other will leave. 

On 10/20/2021 at 1:34 PM, Cuve said:

Are you sure they are actual people at this point? :v)

no we are vets and people who have no life ... 

a better question is. is it worth playing? between lag people who have no life playing this i say no

20 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

a better question is. is it worth playing? between lag people who have no life playing this i say no

I'm kinda glad I stopped playing with the excuse of "waiting to the engine upgrade." So It's less painful when I hear it shuts down.

Sign in to follow this