klafokgm

Is armas gifting ever coming back?

Is armas gifting ever coming back? I have some g1c on my alt account and I'd like to gift my main account some shit, but that's impossible to do since armas gifting was removed.

That would be nice. Sadly, gifting is disabled because some people abused it through charging back on alt-accounts. Another shining example of when the acts of some hurts everyone.

What they have done was basically gift their main/temporary accounts then get their money back through charging back. The alt-account would get banned for 'payment evasion' while any gifted account basically gets things for free. This was a despicable act that hurt profits and simply can't be allowed to stay.

Unless LO gets a solution in place, it is unlikely to see gifting coming back.

1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

That would be nice. Sadly, gifting is disabled because some people abused it through charging back on alt-accounts. Another shining example of when the acts of some hurts everyone.

What they have done was basically gift their main/temporary accounts then get their money back through charging back. The alt-account would get banned for 'payment evasion' while any gifted account basically gets things for free. This was a despicable act that hurt profits and simply can't be allowed to stay.

Unless LO gets a solution in place, it is unlikely to see gifting coming back.

They could just ban both, the account that gifted and the account that received the items.

I've had g1c sitting on my alt that's on jericho, while I play on citadel.

Would be nice if they allowed gifting again

31 minutes ago, klafokgm said:

They could just ban both, the account that gifted and the account that received the items.

Sounds like an effective way to get anyone you don't like banned.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sounds like an effective way to get anyone you don't like banned.

True, never thought about it that way. This happened to me in league someone gift me skins with a cracked account and got me perma banned

Just remove the items that were gifted if the gifter chargebacks. It's not complicated... but would require a few seconds of an intern's time, so obviously is too much for LO.

• Like 1

I think there was something said about charge backs costing more money than the purchase made

Edited by CookiePuss

34 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think there was something said about charge backs costing more money than they made

i'd imagine orbit is responsible for both charge and chargeback processing fees

and too many chargebacks might have certain banks declining further business with orbit

5 hours ago, glaciers said:

i'd imagine orbit is responsible for both charge and chargeback processing fees

and too many chargebacks might have certain banks declining further business with orbit

Both are correct. Those fees are significant, just like any other bank fee. On the second point however, LO would just need to speak with the bank and show proof of the abuse to get their account reactivated. Which circles back to "LO would have to put in even the bare minimum effort" again, of course.

• Like 1