Arianna

How can i play in this hell ?Little orbit you made a wrong decision

3 hours ago, Nagletz said:

But hey, Jericho players are happy now, having one (😱) district fully alive. That’s what I clearly don’t understand in this decision, they pick minority over majority. No offense, but most of NA players already migrated to EU, some friends of mine from there did managed to max more than 2 255 chars.

I am (or was) a NA player that migrated to EU and already got to 200+

I'm surprised the administration is making such a stupid decision. If administrators really thought a lot before making a decision, they would be reconfiguring the enemy selection system. This is not a difficult decision, it is an irresponsible decision. Your project is already on crutches, and you are trying to break those crutches. On the Russian server Pioneer, the administration carried out the "Clan Wars" campaign. Clans fought for territory. Strong players began to create one-day clans and arrange genocide for the sake of points. To combat this, the administration reduced the maximum number of people in the clan to 50. It was very stupid. Real clans collapsed, social ties collapsed, persuasion did not work. 

After this event, interest in the game dropped. Players didn't want to pay for the role of cannon fodder. The server died.

I do not understand the purpose of these actions. How was reducing the maximum number of players in a clan supposed to solve the problem? How should disabling the threat level save the American server? Where is the logic? Not a single person left the game due to the level of threats. People go where they are interested. In APB, changing the balance of weapons is an event. If the textures of the ship are changed and a couple of trees get stuck in the asphalt, it will be a galactic event.

Edited by SHEMER
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nagletz said:

But hey, Jericho players are happy now, having one (😱) district fully alive. That’s what I clearly don’t understand in this decision, they pick minority over majority. No offense, but most of NA players already migrated to EU, some friends of mine from there did managed to max more than 2 255 chars.

Playing experience was already limited for gold players on EU, all those who couldn't play and progress on both missions districts.

Segregation was the worst decision back than.

Now we got rid of it at last and it seems everything left is a community of kittens and crybabys. So sad.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

Now we got rid of it at last and it seems everything left is a community of kittens and crybabys. So sad.

It remains to set up the enemy selection system. 

23 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

The fact that they allowed higher threat level players join lower threat districts and replaced the old threat system.

1 hour ago, HighSociety said:

Speaking of which, back in a few months,I have seen some silver 255 guy, with name exactly like yours, plus some alts of yours. No offense bud, but bronze playerbase mostly complain, because they now the have nowhere to go (but lbr solo golds are also ragequit when they get much weaker players in team, regardless of opponent team), which makes sense, but you are special... 

Is this decision good? Yes and no. You can actually learn to play by playing against better players, but yet again, it strictly depends on team you are in. But is there a reason to? 

Did they kept online? No.

Jericho basically merged 2 half full districts in one, Citadel lost players because of, lbr, completely trash balance. Yes, people complain about “wizard” golds and yes, I met them too, but it would be less exhausting to meet them with team at least of your own skill level to try. As a result, you never learn anything and just gets completely smashed. Matchmaking simply does bs. 

If LO wants to save this game, they should... keep working on new engine, yes, BUT leave just one little dev to make little quality of life changes into current game, at least it would be more fun to keep playing and hope.

Edited by Nagletz
APB is not a trash btw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Fun fact: after the engine upgrade, there will be no segregation

Logically, the matchmaking would also be tightened down so that it doesn't match golds vs bronzes like it currently does... which is what people are currently discussing. Removing the segregation wasn't the wrong choice, doing so without also tightening the matchmaking is the problem.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Logically, the matchmaking would also be tightened down so that it doesn't match golds vs bronzes like it currently does... which is what people are currently discussing. Removing the segregation wasn't the wrong choice, doing so without also tightening the matchmaking is the problem.

Can't be done with current population unless you want to wait over a hour for opp now at least gold players can actually play the game more than 1 or 2 days a week.

1 hour ago, Nagletz said:

leave just one little dev to make little quality of life changes into current game

so half the team working on APB?

😛

2 hours ago, MonkaS said:

Can't be done with current population unless you want to wait over a hour for opp now at least gold players can actually play the game more than 1 or 2 days a week.

That's such a bullshît argument, made only by the very people who caused this problem in the first place; Those who want easy opp they can just farm.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

so half the team working on APB?

😛

I hope you’re just trolling as always...

6 hours ago, Nagletz said:

I hope you’re just trolling as always...

I wish.

We've no idea but at one point it sounded like it was just Matt. Matt does seem to say "we" in his posts, so hopefully he's not alone.

Edited by CookiePuss

17 hours ago, HighSociety said:

and closet cheaters  😄 

But they never fixed matchmaking so still a dumb decision.
it's like buying a car where its engines are removed, sure you brought a car but can you drive it ? lol 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 7:58 PM, Bambola said:

But Jericho now has one full district instead of two half-empty ones! 

Besides, haven't you been told yet your skills drastically improve while you wait for the respawn so you could instantly die again and wait for some more? 

it was not even 2 half empty ones, often times one half empty bronze district and a silver district with 5 people in it.

11 hours ago, Dead_Game said:

and closet cheaters

Not even closet anymore, cause why bother trying to hide it when LO doesn't take action on anything?

Hell, saw someone literally full-on snap yesterday. First snapper I've seen since... like 8-9 years ago.

Me give the shity server since 2 weeks a so bad conection so i can not say cheater or not i lag so much and it gives Bans? I not see. The Last guy where i was reportet with a ticket the Guy from the support say me what i want from him ... =DDD haha.  Thats real

The game Game give me Ghostshoots is stupid And this with a good Pc and Internet.. The Cheater dont care me anymore the Game do nothing it need Bronse Server back. The silver left the Game and the Mid Gold will be the next and follow when no silver more there :). 

one easy fix would solve a lot of problems

add 1 avoid slot per district for teamate and enemy. So that would fix facing cheaters (or strong enemies for weaklings) and play with at least one terrible ally. At least many ppl would not have to afk mission when they have group of cheaters against.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:11 PM, CookiePuss said:

Fun fact: after the engine upgrade, there will be no segregation

l m a o, the engine upgrade.

one honest but unpopular opnion? git gud i guess?

~dont take this seriously lol

On 9/29/2021 at 6:40 PM, AlienTM said:

type in dist chat and u ll see how many will respond especially if ur silver and below u ll see how many will type u back..

That depends IF you understand Russian. Otherwise you're doomed 🙂

On 10/4/2021 at 3:17 PM, DreAmGirL said:

one easy fix would solve a lot of problems

add 1 avoid slot per district for teamate and enemy. So that would fix facing cheaters (or strong enemies for weaklings) and play with at least one terrible ally. At least many ppl would not have to afk mission when they have group of cheaters against.

That would make too much sense. Players dont want to team with a terrible ally and thats why we are in this situation. Its all about cancers that exist in the game. The first cancer we had was Strong players farming new players. Strong players would instantly kick a new player from their team as the game started in order to overload their team with other strong players. Measures were then taken due to the kick button being abused too much and players now needed a demerit to be kicked. Farming still persisted however as strong players would then /abandonmission as soon as they were put into a team if the team had new players or low ranks. This still exists.

Farming got worse and worse, You have strong players on discord in open communication facing teams of Players Un-Grouped not communicating. (PUGS) being Farmed over and over again. It had gotten so bad that, players would go afk so they could lose on purpose to avoid these servers or even just leave the game. Essentially refugees escaping a hostile/unfair environment. This happened so much that a name was given to this, "dethreating"  Measures were taken against this and going AFK would lead to a demerit and you could essentially kick the player. Players wanted to avoid the silver servers so much that they then waited doing nothing so the game would be over, in order to de-threat. This quickly became a new cancer causing more players to leave, essentially the cancer from the lungs moving to the brain.

Interestingly, the bronze servers had higher player bases then the silver/gold servers and you had more of a chance getting even games from these servers. Like the old saying goes "you make your bed you lie in it" and this is exactly what happened with the silver and gold servers with the collapse of the population the misers of APB wanting to keep everything to themselves, with the walls crumbling around them. 

What happens ?  Words were had and the initial cancer within the game was rewarded and was introduced into a new body to ravage, with the exact same problems that existed in the first place. Were any precautions put in place to protect the current player base with this move ? ?  No.

What are the results?

Games like this ......

APB.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

Games like this ......

The fact that matchmaking can spawn matches like that is absolutely unacceptable. Tightening up the matchmaking would take almost no effort to do for the devs, and would fix that problem with only one downside. That being, the people who sit at the extreme ends of the threat spectrum (low bronze and high gold) would have slightly longer queue times (talking <5 minutes here). But of course, Matt Scott doesn't listen to reason and rationality, instead he's too busy pandering to the inner clique of toxic vets who sucked up to him at the beginning and are now in control of what happens to the game.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

The fact that matchmaking can spawn matches like that is absolutely unacceptable. Tightening up the matchmaking would take almost no effort to do for the devs, and would fix that problem with only one downside. That being, the people who sit at the extreme ends of the threat spectrum (low bronze and high gold) would have slightly longer queue times (talking <5 minutes here). But of course, Matt Scott doesn't listen to reason and rationality, instead he's too busy pandering to the inner clique of toxic vets who sucked up to him at the beginning and are now in control of what happens to the game.

I am still a fan of Matt, i believe his heart has always been in the right place. I miss him not being around talking to us like he used to but i think he has a tough job with APB. But yeah i know what you mean, all this work weapon balancing going on, yet new players are left scratching their head how a players rate of fire with a handgun seems to be higher then their main weapon. 

• Like 1