CommandantSteele

[GAME] Idea to rework JMB's to be more compliant with emerging law trends.

As was mentioned on the stream today, Joker Boxes are a bit of a legal issue with upcoming loot box laws and various other problems. I have an idea on how they could be made to be both more consumer friendly while also allowing the devs to switch off legendary trading as was mentioned in the livestream today, and it involves a currency that thus far doesn't see a lot of use AFAIK: Joker Tickets.

The basic idea is this: A lot of people probably don't like getting random, non permanent junk that they'll likely never use in their joker boxes. I have to spend several minutes deleting 10-12 different weapons that I got ten day rewards of, it's honestly kinda nuts. So I'd like to propose an idea: Replace it all with joker tickets. Essentially what would happen is that if you don't win a permanent weapon (Or you win a duplicate permanent weapon) the game instead gives you joker tickets. The daily objectives would also still reward joker tickets as a way to eventually "earn" those legendary weapon without paying money.

So let's ballpark some math: Say I want to go and get a CAP40 to go with my colby commander: I buy JMB 10 boxes. Say I buy 10 of them. I don't get the weapon, and I don't get any permanent weapons/cars/unlocks/whatever. Oh well. But what I do get is joker tickets, for this example let's say that I get 100 tickets for every temporary weapon that I would've gotten. So I get 600-1000 joker tickets. Nice. Buying the CAP40 from the ingame joker distribution? 10,000 tickets.

This would do a few things:

1. allow free players to eventually build up and buy whatever legendary weapon they wanted though daily missions and other joker ticket rewards.
  2. Allow people who buy joker boxes to eventually build up to the legendary weapon they want.
  3. Add more value to Joker Tickets as a currency because AFAIK they're pretty underused.
  4. Still keep the "Rare chance!" of JMB's without having the issues coming up with loot boxes currently.

So what happens if you get the rare drop of the legendary you want? Cool. Now you have more joker tickets to spend on whatever you want. You get enough joker tickets to buy the weapon you want and also get the legendary drop? Congrats, now you can buy another legendary weapon.

To be implemented along with this would be a limited time "Legendary grinder" to remove extra weapons from your inventory in exchange for equal value in joker tickets. This would last about three weeks after the launch of the new system and then would be switched off for good. (Actually for good, not "for good") This would be done because, at this point, legendary weapons would not be able to be traded. Thus someone with 8 medusa machine guns isn't screaming about having seven useless weapons, or eight useless weapons if they don't like the medusa.

To go along with this, I would also implement a one-day "Legendary Trial" system that would allow you to try the weapon before you buy it, since after the first 3 week "Legendary Grinder" was deactivated the only thing to do would be to delete the weapon, similar to what we have now for regular weapons.

Might work but the pricing of the weapons does need to be thought over propperly as the community that already got legendaries doesnt want to get ripped off by having the legendaries obtainable for cheap. Needs to be a really steep grind imo for legendaries in order for this to work.

This sounds really cool, give all players a chance to use all the different Joker Box weapons currently out there and for any possible future releases. I’m all for this in game