- 1.0 max bloom.

- 4.0 bloom per shot.

- 1.2 bloom recovery between shots

PR2:

- 1.7 max bloom.

- 4.0 bloom per shot.

- Max rate of fire: 0.864 bloom recovery between shots

- PR1 rate of fire: 1.2 bloom recovery between shots

You have 0.5 additional bloom between shots if fired at the same rate, more if shot faster.

It's fine if all you're using it for is shooting pioneers at max range. For players and smaller cars I rather have the PR1.

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

PR1:

- 1.0 max bloom.

- 4.0 bloom per shot.

PR2:

- 1.7 max bloom.

- 4.0 bloom per shot.

You have 0.5 additional bloom between shots if fired at the same rate, more if shot faster.

It's fine if all you're using it for is shooting pioneers at max range. For players and smaller cars I rather have the PR1.

Literally who the hell cares about bloom?
If you can't 2 tap a dude with a DMR (or 3 on closer range) you should just quit playing DMR in general.
There are 0 logical reasons to purchase the PR1.

3 hours ago, Cuve said:

Literally who the hell cares about bloom?

People who prefer their shots to go on target consistently, since bloom directly reduces accuracy (a stat that you cannot overcome with player skill, because it is system-side forced RNG).

On 10/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, Hexerin said:

People who prefer their shots to go on target consistently, since bloom directly reduces accuracy (a stat that you cannot overcome with player skill, because it is system-side forced RNG).

Okie since there’s a debate which one is better, I would like to add The DMR AV is a semi automatic anti-materiel precision sniper, you cannot shoot continuously you have to wait for the bloom to recover so after a shot the crosshair goes big (bloom) gun recoils up and while the crosshair reset you aim towards the target, which by the time your crosshair resets back to normal, you should be aiming at your target and you can fire again. To achieve the fastest ttk at 85m+ for 2 shot or 3 shot to kill the DMR AV PR2 wins. 

I have test these two weapons previously, it’s a slight advantage on a PR2, with a PR1 my DMR AV sometimes jams if I shoot too quick after crosshair resets. The bloom never bothers me when it comes to aiming. 

keep in mind when your crosshair is red on an enemy it’s 100% a hit with a DMR AV unless it didn’t reg. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deadliest said:

keep in mind when your crosshair is red on an enemy it’s 100% a hit with a DMR AV

That's literally not how the game works. Red just means the entity in your center pixel is an enemy target. Any gun can miss with a red reticule, depending on how the gun's current accuracy and bloom state is. DMR-AV PR2 can very easily miss a target at 88m+ on its second shot, if you fire at cyclic. The PR2 is a sidegrade specifically intended to specialize into the gun's anti-vehicle design. However, that sidegrade comes at a cost of being a downgrade for anti-personnel compared to the PR1.

Edited by Hexerin

On 10/11/2021 at 11:19 AM, Hexerin said:

That's literally not how the game works. Red just means the entity in your center pixel is an enemy target. Any gun can miss with a red reticule, depending on how the gun's current accuracy and bloom state is. DMR-AV PR2 can very easily miss a target at 88m+ on its second shot, if you fire at cyclic. The PR2 is a sidegrade specifically intended to specialize into the gun's anti-vehicle design. However, that sidegrade comes at a cost of being a downgrade for anti-personnel compared to the PR1.

You're literally just trying to justify your bad purchase choice lmao.
Anyone who plays or has played APB for a fair amount of time and is in any way decent at the game knows that the PR2 is the better choice.
Stop being delusional and just accept you've made a bad purchase and buy the proper DMR ^^

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cuve said:

You're literally just trying to justify your bad purchase choice lmao.
Anyone who plays or has played APB for a fair amount of time and is in any way decent at the game knows that the PR2 is the better choice.
Stop being delusional and just accept you've made a bad purchase and buy the proper DMR ^^

Apparently, you're one of those people who refuse to learn. Keep being bad, I guess.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Apparently, you're one of those people who refuse to learn. Keep being bad, I guess.

Why don’t you prove it? A clip demonstration the PR1 DMR AV is better? We can look at stats all day but video gameplay, clips shows how the weapon is handle by the user, which tells us a lot whether they know what they talking about.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It's genuinely insane how deluded you are.
There's just no arguing with someone that only thinks of it in one way and can't understand that his or her way is completely wrong. 

The PR1 is a good gun, but as far as it goes to which you should buy, the PR1 is never the right choice, the PR2 barely blooms and there's barely any negative effect from it.
No matter when you pull the trigger will most of the times hit if the crosshair isn't fully closed even though the crosshair closes mad fast.

It's not that I don't  want to learn kiddo... It's that I don't have to learn and actually have done my research before I made my purchase, perhaps you should do that too before there will be another lost argument you're trying to win. It's not even personal preference, PR2 is the best out of the 2, end of.

2 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Why don’t you prove it? A clip demonstration the PR1 DMR AV is better? We can look at stats all day but video gameplay, clips shows how the weapon is handle by the user, which tells us a lot whether they know what they talking about.

Statistically the PR2 is better and it shows in-game, I'd indeed love to see any evidence on why the PR1 would be better, but I have a slight feeling it'll never be uploaded ^^

• Thanks 1

Pr2 wins vs Pr1. The last kill shoot will come faster. And this is so important for all sniper. What you think why everyone use coolingjacket 3 mod on snipers?

On 9/25/2021 at 4:38 AM, BlatMan said:

The PR2 is a downgrade. It has more bloom after the first shot than the PR1, If anything it should be cheaper.

it's AV though so you dont need as much accuracy, and if you fire basically at the same ROF as a normal DMR the bloom isn't an issue.

I did PR1 just because it was cheaper, but i've often used CJ3 on a normal DMR anyways, so its a non-issue to have it on the AV. Saying from experience i'd rather have bought the PR2

On 10/10/2021 at 7:29 PM, BlatMan said:

PR1:

- 1.0 max bloom.

- 4.0 bloom per shot.

PR2:

- 1.7 max bloom.

- 4.0 bloom per shot.

Wrong actually

4.0 bloom per shot is how much bloom occurs from each shot. If you fire at the same rate, the bloom per shot doesn't change, and it recovers at the same rate.

CJ3 increases the "max bloom" which makes it so that you can fully bloom to 1.7 rather than 1.0 when firing at the fastest rate. If you fire a shot at .8s to a 1.6ttk on both weapons, bloom will be recovered at the same rate of 1.2, and thus will be just as accurate. If you fire faster, then it's possible for you to start going over the recovery rate, and have excess bloom.

CJ3 benefits, in that you can fire *faster* with albeit more max bloom. meaning that you can then go up to the "1.7" max bloom after a few shots at max rate of fire rather than having perfect accuracy while shooting at TTK. It however doesn't change recovery delay, nor does it change the per shot modifier, which would actually effect the bloom between shots if fired at the normal 1.6 ttk rather than the 1.49.

Firing at Max ttk for both guns 1.49 vs 1.6 - PR2 Starts to Bloom

Firing at 1.6 TTK at .8 interval for both guns - Same recovery and accuracy

Edited by Noob_Guardian

2 hours ago, EVInezca said:

What you think why everyone use coolingjacket 3 mod on snipers?

1. They are a meta slave. Use CJ3 because they see the "best players" use it, but don't understand why those players use it.
  2. Are utilizing a tool (be it trigger, aim, and/or macro), which allows them to take advantage of that 123ms difference in fire rate.

Fun fact, the fastest recorded human reaction time is 101ms, just 22ms faster than the difference CJ3 makes. The average reaction time of a human being is around 260ms.

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
  1. They are a meta slave. Use CJ3 because they see the "best players" use it, but don't understand why those players use it.
  2. Are utilizing a tool (be it trigger, aim, and/or macro), which allows them to take advantage of that 123ms difference in fire rate.

Fun fact, the fastest recorded human reaction time is 101ms, just 22ms faster than the difference CJ3 makes. The average reaction time of a human being is around 260ms.

Yes this is exactly this what i wanted saying with my question thanks 

43 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

reaction times are irrelevant here because you arent reacting to the next shot, youre predicting it, consciously or unconsciously

thats why such a small time discrepancy is so easily noticeable during actual play 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mattskoii said:

wtb DMR-AV Open 3 slot 

Act bound pls

1 hour ago, mattskoii said:

wtb DMR-AV Open 3 slot 

yes i would like to see a tagger in this sniper. Why not make it as Love gun for Valentine?

12 hours ago, mattskoii said:

wtb DMR-AV Open 3 slot 

I'd buy it.

17 hours ago, glaciers said:

reaction times are irrelevant here because you arent reacting to the next shot, youre predicting it, consciously or unconsciously

thats why such a small time discrepancy is so easily noticeable during actual play 

e963a969ba487469d9f2aa17418aa78c.gif

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I'd buy it.

e963a969ba487469d9f2aa17418aa78c.gif

I kinda missed the point as well. It's not hard to get the DMR to bloom using CJ3, which to make it bloom to the 1.7, means to fire faster than .8s intervals.... People make use of carbines with CJ3 as well, and it's a noticeable difference.... are we going to pretend that it's not possible to notice the effects of CJ on a weapon or something?

I use CJ on DMR, but enjoy HB on a star. I'm just a wierdo.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:43 PM, Hexerin said:

I frequent CJ3 on especially my PSR because when I'm going sniper v sniper, that .1 second difference show's when we're acquiring and firing at each other at the same time. A lot of times, if I didn't have CJ3, I'd be a dead guy but it helped me come out on top of the opposition. 

On 10/13/2021 at 5:43 AM, Hexerin said:

1. CJ3 on DMR is optimal for killing cars (see my previous reply). I have many hundreds of hours on the DMR (all versions) and never had an issue hitting smaller cars like you described earlier. Can't relate.

2. Yes, the PR1 is technically better for player killing. However, I would argue the reason most people stick with the PR2 is not because it's "just better", but because getting the PR1 is just not worth the cost for what you get, or they simply don't know about the (very situational) "disadvantage". Either way I think the PR1 is just not worth to get outside of building a collection I guess. I personally prefer to swap between AV PR2 and SD, because those are the optimal DMRs for their specific purposes.

If you want to use the PR1 that's fine and reasonable, but please stop exaggerating the "downside" of the PR2, because it really is negligible for the most part. Also I'm just gonna ignore your second "argument" because that's just a pointless rabbit hole.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/13/2021 at 5:43 AM, Hexerin said:

You are trying so hard to justify your terrible purchase huh?

7 hours ago, Cuve said:

You are trying so hard to justify your terrible purchase huh?

Imagine projecting this hard.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:12 AM, Vnight said:

I bought pr1 with credit card, now i regret it, cuz pr2 is already a crappy wep, not sure why they put it on the market in the first place as pr 2 has 2 slots and ts already garbage, but one slot is ridiculous to use actual money on it. Its like enjoy being fooled by purchasing crap for real money, and nowdays, you can get it for free if you log in every day and do the dailies, in one month or less you get it for free.

It sucks for free, and it also sucks for money, doesn't matter essentially pr1 or pr2, they both suck badly, you are better off with the damn Volcano, which is dirt cheap and much more efficient.

But the sound of DMR-AV is the coolest of every other ingame weapon ❤️
I bought just for this (BUMBUM) 😄