Deadliest

Agrotech DMR-AV PR1 & PR2?

Hello,

Why is the Agrotech DMR-AV PR1 with one modification (hunting sight 3) cost the same as the Agrotech DMR-AV PR2 with two modification (hunting sight 3 and cooling agent 3? the Agrotech DMR-AV PR2 is the superior variant than the PR1. Back then there was a price difference between these weapons, obviously the PR1 was cheaper.

MMkGF6y.png

I was suppose make a thread about this a year ago, but those who previously purchase a Agrotech DMR-AV PR1 should be able to upgrade to a Agrotech DMR-AV PR2 variant if it means by a little extra cost g1c. I have try contacting customer support long ago, but was told they are two different weapons? it makes no sense that I should purchase the same variant just for an extra modification. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Thanks 1

The PR2 is a downgrade. It has more bloom after the first shot than the PR1, If anything it should be cheaper.

I’d like to see 3-slotted version of AV, wish they could replace PR1 by it, makes more sense.

Armas is full of bs like this and should be reworked.

Edited by Nagletz

6 hours ago, BlatMan said:

The PR2 is a downgrade. It has more bloom after the first shot than the PR1, If anything it should be cheaper.

wait what? the bloom doesn't even make that much difference, i think it makes it easier to blow up cars faster

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrM0dZ said:

wait what? the bloom doesn't even make that much difference

When attempting to land shots at 88m+ (which is where you snipe with the DMR), single pixel differences in accuracy make a critical difference. The PR2 is objectively inferior to the PR1 due to this.

10 hours ago, MrM0dZ said:

i think it makes it easier to blow up cars faster

That is exactly why you'd choose the PR2 over the PR1.

In general:

The PR1 will be a better purchase for Enforcer players. This is due to the DMR technically being the LTL sniper rifle, which only Enforcers can make use of. It requires a couple conditionals to be capable of stunning a target on its own, but that doesn't really matter much as you are primarily going to be softening targets for your LTL-using teammates.

The PR2 will be a better purchase for Criminal players. It maximizes the anti-vehicle capability of the weapon, which is pretty much the only reason a Criminal player would bring it out. If they're sniping players, they'll just use the HVR. It can't instagib someone at 88m+ like the DMR can, but it can still 2-shot even at point blank range unlike the DMR which takes 3 shots out to 87m.

On 9/26/2021 at 3:10 AM, Hexerin said:

When attempting to land shots at 88m+ (which is where you snipe with the DMR), single pixel differences in accuracy make a critical difference. The PR2 is objectively inferior to the PR1 due to this.

In general:

The PR1 will be a better purchase for Enforcer players. This is due to the DMR technically being the LTL sniper rifle, which only Enforcers can make use of. It requires a couple conditionals to be capable of stunning a target on its own, but that doesn't really matter much as you are primarily going to be softening targets for your LTL-using teammates.

The PR2 will be a better purchase for Criminal players. It maximizes the anti-vehicle capability of the weapon, which is pretty much the only reason a Criminal player would bring it out. If they're sniping players, they'll just use the HVR. It can't instagib someone at 88m+ like the DMR can, but it can still 2-shot even at point blank range unlike the DMR which takes 3 shots out to 87m.

DMR is 3 shot kill at close range... have you ever used the gun before? and wtf is non-sense about enforcer and crim players lmao. confused if people on forum even playing the same game as me sometimes.

Merged.

also the original post of this thread is so incredibly pointless and a joke. of course its made by someone who is a known ________ (REDACTED for ToS), so i'm not surprised that it makes zero sense.

next they will be complaining that 319 g1c is triggering their OCD and will demand that every item in armas be rounded to the nearest 100 or else they will sue LO.

Av Pr 2 better you kill faster. With training you can handle the bloom. But when Pr1 much cheaper you must thinking. The liddle different gives enough value for you or not.

The main strong of the gun is the Fast kill on 90M special in a live Mission. And after your first shoot on max range. the enemy will move back. So it can make the Different the faster second shot.

And how One here say it, it is a Antivehicle Wappon to kill Big Cars Faster its very good to.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

In general:

i disagree with some of your dmr av opinions but im just here to point out that you said the pr1 was objectively better and then pointed out two situations where its not objectively better, one of which is the entire reason behind the guns existence 

58 minutes ago, glaciers said:

i disagree with some of your dmr av opinions but im just here to point out that you said the pr1 was objectively better and then pointed out two situations where its not objectively better, one of which is the entire reason behind the guns existence 

That statement was within the context of sniping a player, the other statement was within the context of dealing with vehicles. The last section is separate from the rest, and is a general "buyer research" sort of thing. Nothing of what I said is incorrect, be it grammatical or gameplay.

2 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

DMR is 3 shot kill at close range... have you ever used the gun before? and wtf is non-sense about enforcer and crim players lmao. confused if people on forum even playing the same game as me sometimes.

Why am I not surprised that the troll isn't capable of basic reading comprehension?

Okay as these are some of my favourite weapons and also some of my best weapons (before I quit anyway) I'm gonna chime in with my monthly post.

Do NOT buy the PR1. The advantage you gain from not having CJ3 is very situational, to the point where it's not worth it. The PR2 is just all around better, here's why:

1. You almost never want to stand at the two shot distance with a DMR AV. Only do this when a car phase transitions to a qualified point and you have no time to swap. Your job as a AV user is to hammer the crap out of vehicles and this is best done by doing what I always referred to as rapid firing. If you want to camp with a DMR or render distance abuse, use the DMR-SD which is vastly superior for that purpose due to open slots and the silencer. If you position well and make use of peaking as much as possible, you will be virtually undetectable by 90% of players.

What is rapid firing?

Simply put it is when you fire before your crosshair is closed (visual aid) but what it actually is, is shooting before the accuracy has recovered. Up to 50m on players and around 60-70 depending on how thicc the vehicle is and where you are aiming at (preferably the middle on a vegas for example). As mentioned before, use the crosshair as a visual aid. Shooting somewhere before 50% closure is the sweet spot but it takes practice. Also keep in mind that due to APBs bloom you will just randomly miss, although the hitrate can be at like 80-90% depending on how good you play.

2. Using this rapid firing tech you can decrease your TTK on cars significantly over the course of shooting an entire mag. Especially pioneers get dunked on by this. Therefore, if you know a car will pass you, stand close and not far away. The only time the increased hard damage becomes relevant is when you have already shot a car several times and it's heading towards render distance. Those last few shots of bonus damage should preferably be used as finishers and not be the main source of your vehicle damage.

3. Using rapid fire against players is also why you want the PR2. The DMR is one of the few long range weapons that doesn't have the forced "fix" for reverse quickswitch. Although you would preferably swap weapons when in CQC, if you got no choice you can play the DMR as a budget pre "fix" OBIR by hammering 1 or 2 shots into someone with rapid fire and then pistol swap.

That's my 2 cents on this as someone who actually played all DMRs regularly for years.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The price is the same because the expectation is NOT to pay for the mods. DMR-users pay for +66.666% damage PER SHOT on vehicles. Yes, LO did a fantastic job in suppressing the Pay2Win aspects in APB (This time around, it can't be sugar-coated it with Pay2SkipGrind, because there is no grind for a permanent/comfortably-sustainable DMR-AV currently in the game).

Equalizing Premium Cooldowns and adding weapons to the Joker Store were a blessing to this game... Spoiler Alert: Joker Distributions' Weapons Contact, Anne, does NOT exchange DMR-AV for Joker Tickets nor you can lease one from a Rank-Progression Contact, not even at R255. The only ways to get DMR-AV is to either buy it straight from ARMAS or continue exchanging 450/500 JTs at Wilde in the Joker Store for PR1 and PR2 respectively, which is far from being reasonable, simply because that is ~35% of all weekly JTs earned assuming the player does all the things going down a drain consistently (rather even much closer to 100% in Jericho due to no one bothering doing Baylan FightClub. People barely even exist to run Asylum with half capacity like once a week. Missed it? Tough luck, say goodbye to roughly all your JTs that you made from playing Missions just to rent a Sniper that can better dent Car Gameplay). Thank God there are other really effective tools to deal with vehicles, still doesn't justify it being like this due to the potential DMR holds.

There are still traces of things yet to be done and this is a shining example of one of them: Making DMR-SD as effective as DMR-AV when it comes to neutralizing vehicles. It would be nice and objectively better if the G1C payment is to enjoy the more immersive sound the DMR-AV provides & not actually affect gameplay, especially in an important aspect that is neutralizing vehicles.

Edited by LilyRain
Mistakes were made
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

also the original post of this thread is so incredibly pointless and a joke. of course its made by someone who is a known ________ (REDACTED for ToS), so i'm not surprised that it makes zero sense.

next they will be complaining that 319 g1c is triggering their OCD and will demand that every item in armas be rounded to the nearest 100 or else they will sue LO.

oh please what about all your pointless threads you made? And this post you made is also pointless trying to de-rail the thread and you know you complain more on these forums.

If you didn’t understand what this thread is about I’ll summaries it for you, since you don’t have the brain capacity. The DMR-AV PR2 is better than the PR1 but it’s price the same? Previously the PR1 was slightly cheaper than the PR2 even the JT versions have their price differences. I’m here to discuss a better system for those who previous purchase a DMR-AV PR1 should have an option to upgrade to a PR2 without buying the same gun, if they wanted a PR2 variant or the PR1 shouldn’t exist. Hope that makes sense. 

sadly I regret purchasing the PR1 back in 2015, use it ever since not a big deal, it plays well but I do suffer from a slightly slow fire rate. 

so keep the discussion civil please. Anyone is welcome to write their own opinion regarding about these two DMR variants and I’m happy to read them.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LilyRain said:

Spoiler Alert: Joker Distributions' Weapons Contact, Anne, does NOT exchange DMR-AV for Joker Tickets nor you can lease one from a Rank-Progression Contact, not even at R255. The only ways to get DMR-AV is to either buy it straight from ARMAS or continue exchanging 450/500 JTs at Wilde in the Joker Store for PR1 and PR2 respectively

ZyDiVdf.jpg

If I am not mistaken, you can get the permanent version with Joker Tickets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bambola said:

ZyDiVdf.jpg

If I am not mistaken, you can get the permanent version with Joker Tickets. 

There should be a way like this yes, since according to APBDB, DMR-AV unlockers are implemented in the game all the way back to when Nekrova's server was present but I couldn't find this option in the Joker Store. Anne and Wilde aren't showing it, Ophelia and Darrell don't sell weapons.

I hate to trouble you but if that image is fresh, please provide guidance, thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

There should be a way like this yes, since according to APBDB, DMR-AV unlockers are implemented in the game all the way back to when Nekrova's server was present but I couldn't find this option in the Joker Store. Anne and Wilde aren't showing it, Ophelia and Darrell don't sell weapons.

I hate to trouble you but if that image is fresh, please provide guidance, thanks in advance.

I have just checked with the Joker Distribution NPC Wilde in Social, using two different accounts, the DMR-AV PR1 and PR2 both are available for permanent purchase for the price you can see on the screenshot above. Perhaps it doesn't show up if you already have it as an account-wide item, that might be a culprit in your case. 

Edited by Bambola
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bambola said:

I have just checked with the Joker Distribution NPC Wilde in Social, using two different accounts, the DMR-AV PR1 and PR2 both are available for permanent purchase for the price you can see on the screenshot above. Perhaps it doesn't show up if you already have it as an account-wide item, that might be a culprit in your case. 

Oh, I see I see, I wasn't looking properly. There is a sub-menu for weapons so the option isn't immediately viewable. It isn't a straight button purchase like vehicles/mods.

Thanks again, you saved a lot of time and trouble

Heart13SmallWhite.gif

On 9/25/2021 at 3:35 PM, Nagletz said:

I’d like to see 3-slotted version of AV, wish they could replace PR1 by it, makes more sense.

Armas is full of bs like this and should be reworked.

Just get sniper role level 16 and you get 3 slotted dmr 🙂

2 hours ago, nattsvart_katt said:

Just get sniper role level 16 and you get 3 slotted dmr 🙂

I meant AV version of it. 16th role unlocks just the chrome skin. I have 3 slotted dmr and AV PR2, both acc bound tho.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nagletz said:

I meant AV version of it. 16th role unlocks just the chrome skin. I have 3 slotted dmr and AV PR2, both acc bound tho.

3PS3 on a AV is a very risky thing because it would enable quick switch. Especially after hitting a car with a nade they would have no time to react at all. While I would love it, I doubt we will ever see it. The intended downside of the AV compared to the SD is that the AV is less viable for player on player combat. Although the actual impact of a 3PS3 enabled AV is very discussable.

Edited by VanilleKeks

If the DMR-AV PR3 were to ever happen, the correct choice to implement for a third mod would be Tagger. The DMR (in both its forms) is a support weapon, and Tagger is a support mod.

2 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

3PS3 on a AV is a very risky thing because it would enable quick switch. Especially after hitting a car with a nade they would have no time to react at all. While I would love it, I doubt we will ever see it. The intended downside of the AV compared to the SD is that the AV is less viable for player on player combat. Although the actual impact of a 3PS3 enabled AV is very discussable.

I still want it as a loyalty reward... let’s assume somewhere after Euryale xd 

On 9/25/2021 at 4:38 AM, BlatMan said:

Which is fine when you are shooting a target as large and predictable as a vehicle.

2 hours ago, Vnight said:

I bought pr1 with credit card, now i regret it, cuz pr2 is already a crappy wep, not sure why they put it on the market in the first place as pr 2 has 2 slots and ts already garbage, but one slot is ridiculous to use actual money on it. Its like enjoy being fooled by purchasing crap for real money, and nowdays, you can get it for free if you log in every day and do the dailies, in one month or less you get it for free.

It sucks for free, and it also sucks for money, doesn't matter essentially pr1 or pr2, they both suck badly, you are better off with the damn Volcano, which is dirt cheap and much more efficient.

I'm sorry you are wrong DMR AV > your volcano 85m+ any day, also the DMR AV has more versatility.

Edited by Deadliest

On 9/25/2021 at 10:38 AM, BlatMan said:

U high brother?