Pay2Win or Not?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Is APB Pay2Win?

• Yes
    • No

The only "P2W" thing in this game is reduced cooldowns on activation mods (via premium). Otherwise, there is not really any P2W things in the game... Moreso Pay2MakeYourLifeEasier lol

45 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

Fact is there are armas weapons which are way better than the ones you can obtain ingame (including JMB weapons).

I know Im going to regret asking this, but what weapons are you talking about?

PTDB0eu.gif

4 hours ago, BingoBookBG said:

some of this players who vote no can u share how many weapons u bought so far?just curious..im sure like 90% of this 115 people bought at least 3 weapons so far

When I start a new character, I have 37 pages of mail of all the stuff I have account wide.

Nearly a grand spent in the game, and that's not counting gifts I have gotten.

If APB was Pay2Win, I'd be a constant Gold.

11 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

When I start a new character, I have 37 pages of mail of all the stuff I have account wide.

Nearly a grand spent in the game, and that's not counting gifts I have gotten.

If APB was Pay2Win, I'd be a constant Gold.

A trained solder with a toy knife would be able to kill a regular citizen that has a real knife. But if two soldiers fought and one had a toy and one had a real knife, the one with the real knife would be at a huge disadvantage. What I'm saying with this analogy is that you could be the regular citizen. Except you're in a military base (APB) where everyone else is a trained solder. I'm not saying this is the case with you, but it's an example.

Edited by Spudinskes

2 minutes ago, Spudinskes said:

A Navy Seal with a toy knife would be able to kill a regular citizen that has a real knife. But if two Seals fought and one had a toy and one had a real knife, the one with the real knife would be at a huge disadvantage. What I'm saying with this analogy is that you could be  the regular citizen.

And the toy knife is an ARMAS weapon. Most are reskins. So they function identically to the base gun. The few that aren't reskins, are niche weapons.

Strife? Sure, it can one shot Fragile users..... If you are in hugging distance, and hit them square. The spread and damage drop off are massive. The clip is small, and the next shot takes forever to ready. You'll die before you get the second shot off against any other shotgun.

DMR-AV? Okay, it has better Hard Damage, but still works just like a regular DMR against people. Under 70m, you have to expend the whole clip to blow up most cars. Sounds easy, right? Sure, if you aren't under fire, and/or the car isn't coming at you.

Have there been issues in the past? Yes. But G1 was slow to take action. We won't disagree on that. We'll see how LO does.

But to say that APB is Pay2Win? Then your analogy would be right, except the citizen would have a gun, and distance.

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Vas-R2 , Ursus, Yukon, Watchman, C9

I mean I'm not saying they are impossible to beat, but just a little better 

Just now, -Dan- said:

VAS = NTec.

C9 = OCA

Ursus and Yukon are not available to buy on ARMAS. Check the ingame Marketplace.

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

PTDB0eu.gif

The Hazzard is obviously the most OP weapon in the game. Even more OP than all the LTL p2w guns on Armas.

16 minutes ago, Spudinskes said:

A trained solder with a toy knife would be able to kill a regular citizen that has a real knife. But if two soldiers fought and one had a toy and one had a real knife, the one with the real knife would be at a huge disadvantage. What I'm saying with this analogy is that you could be the regular citizen. Except you're in a military base (APB) where everyone else is a trained solder. I'm not saying this is the case with you, but it's an example.

Thing is it is not a Toy knife vs a Real knife. It is more a Boker knife vs Buck knife. Not really enough mechanical difference to matter in a fight.

Edited by SelttikS

30 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

The only "P2W" thing in this game is reduced cooldowns on activation mods (via premium). Otherwise, there is not really any P2W things in the game... Moreso Pay2MakeYourLifeEasier lol

yeah, this is the only thing that's ever really bothered me with not having premium.

Another thing though is that you level up faster with premium so it is easier to get low yields and the guns unlocked at those higher contact levels like oscar ntec and flare gun.

Just now, SelttikS said:

The Hazzard is obviously the most OP weapon in the game. Even more OP than all the LTL p2w guns on Armas.

I got a couple I'll sell to you for 15mil a piece.

Win every match.

Guaranteed*.

*Guarantee only applicable in Wakanda.

2 minutes ago, Laughter said:

yeah, this is the only thing that's ever really bothered me with not having premium.

Another thing though is that you level up faster with premium so it is easier to get low yields and the guns unlocked at those higher contact levels like oscar ntec and flare gun.

Prem does make it easier but it doesnt mean the games P2W. It doesnt affect gun stats, it doesnt give u an hp boost it just gives u more exp and money. Ppl who buy prem are supporting the game for those that play for free. If you guys really have an issue with it LO could always go to P2P.

5 minutes ago, Laughter said:

pay for a boost =/= pay to win

they could sell a character boost to r 255 with everything unlocked and that still is NOT p2w.

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If you guys really have an issue with it LO could always go to P2P.

Can i get back subscription since i bought the retail boxes... a few times... both kinds. Fuck this game has ate a lot of my cash.

Edited by SelttikS

3 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

lets remember there is a free version of this thing. sure the joker box one has a little extra range but if we consider the free version, i dont really see it as p2w

It takes too long to unlock for new players, and since it has bullet drop you can't always get it where it needs to go. I'm not saying most of those weapons are game breaking OP, just that they hold an advantage over the free versions.

11 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Do you mean the 'Hazardous'? Before the accuracy nerf many years ago I would have considered it balanced, but the default model was OP back then. Full auto from 30M was pretty easy. They really should have reduced the recoil since it's accuracy is now trash.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

8 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Can i get back subscription since i bought the retail boxes... a few times... both kinds. Fuck this game has ate a lot of my cash.

There essentially collectors items now thats all there worth. And id have to say u cant

21 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

As has been said, the Vas-R2 is an ntec reskin, and the C9 is an OCA reskin

You can get 0 and 1 slot ATACs from the joker store (Yes, not the 3 slots of ARMAS)

All legendaries can be bought in game (Ive owned them all, never bought a JMB)

But for what its worth I dont even find those guns to be great (I own both and use neither)

Ursus is  same ttk, same range as Ntec, just 1 less stk but with a slower rate of fire, this also makes the Ursus slightly less forgiving in cqc (Ursus does have a slightly further min damage dropoff as well)

The Yukon is the fastest ttk in APB at .45 seconds, but is only effective in that mode up to around 7m. In its marksman firing mode the Yukon is a slower RFP (.45 burst interval vs .35 for the RFP).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

As has been said, the Vas-R2 is an ntec reskin, and the C9 is an OCA reskin

You can get 0 and 1 slot ATACs from the joker store (Yes, not the 3 slots of ARMAS)

All legendaries can be bought in game (Ive owned them all, never bought a JMB)

But for what its worth I dont even find those guns to be great (I own both and use neither)

Ursus is  same ttk, same range as Ntec, just 1 less stk but with a slower rate of fire, this also makes the Ursus slightly less forgiving in cqc (Ursus does have a slightly further min damage dropoff as well)

The Yukon is the fastest ttk in APB at .45 seconds, but is only effective in that mode up to around 7m. In its marksman firing mode the Yukon is a slower RFP (.45 burst interval vs .35 for the RFP).

Pretty much. Those guns are reskins and again no diff stats then the orig. Only thing ur paying for is a diff look.

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

Would the people complaining about premium being broken be More ok with it if it was called a subscription. And without that subscription you could only get to rank 20 and you only do 5% of the normal damage. Lets do that so people will understand what p2w really means.

When has a cool down on anything been what MADE you win or lose a match?

regardless of how small it is, -50% cooldown reduction is a direct advantage gained over free players

no one is saying the game is on par with some scam artist mobile game, but to deny that there are some p2w aspects - and there have been multiple times in the past - is head-in-the-sand dumb

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Is this a serious question?

Directly in my mind are:

Whisper > OCA

CSG > Thumper > JG

.45 > FBW

RFP Fang > RFP

Yukon, Nano, UL3 > NFA, PDW

DMR AV > DMR

Wanna pretend these weapons are not better? Would be pretty pathetic.
Also if you want to say "you can buy legendarys ingame" please dude, dont even bother ...

1 hour ago, Xnetexe said:

*Laughs in 4 slot Joker Ticket 4x4 Vegas*

Because making 7k joker tickets is easy and every new character / player can get it easily....RIGHT?

Please dont post nonsense arguments like this....

8 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

Directly in my mind are:

Whisper > OCA

CSG > Thumper > JG

.45 > FBW

RFP Fang > RFP

DMR AV > DMR

Also if you want to say "you can buy legendarys ingame" please dude, dont even bother ...

How exactly is whisper better? I have whisper and 3 sloted oca reskin and i never use whisper...

CSG , yea better than JG

NANO > better than everything and its legendary  and my dear mate you have never used UL3....

True about DMR AV though !

There are some things in APB that I think are obviously paid advantages, but I don't think those things as a whole make APB P2W. The reduced cooldown with premium stands out the most. There are a few items that are straight up better (such as the Fang) and some solely by the virtue of being bugged (Yukon), but for the most part, the guns don't confer such a big advantage that they become the main contributing factor determining the outcome of the match. The ARMAS-exclusive guns are usually side-grades that are based around some sort of gimmick or meant to fill a specific niche that the free guns don't explicitly fill.

Now, if ARMAS sold like "Zeroed" variants of all guns in the game where they are simply more accurate in the first place, and sold ARMAS-exclusive ammo that function as damage-increasing weapon mods, that'd be P2W.

22 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

How exactly is whisper better? I have whisper and 3 sloted oca reskin and i never use whisper...

The Whisper (or at least, the RT Whisper) used to be bugged where their damage dropoff doesn't start until like 45m. I don't know if it is fixed yet. Other than that, there is nothing about the Whisper that makes it mechanically better than the OCA.

36 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

Directly in my mind are:

Whisper > OCA

CSG > Thumper > JG

.45 > FBW

RFP Fang > RFP

DMR AV > DMR

What makes the Whisper more OP than the standard OCA? If you say range, try going up against an HVR at 50m+.

DMR-AV is the same as the DMR, except it is Anti-Vehicle.

.45 vs FBW is debatable. Also, ask anyone, and the FBW is probably the best all around secondary in the game.

1 hour ago, Halelulia said:

Directly in my mind are:

Whisper > OCA

CSG > Thumper > JG

.45 > FBW

RFP Fang > RFP

DMR AV > DMR

Whisper 3BMpx2K.png

CSG yGxHGVS.png

8QzK85U.png

Fang Ok, the Fang does have 7m more range than the in game RFP

.45 AP iaW2t1N.png

DMR- AV rAU4Li0.png

As far as the Yukon Nano UL3, there is the in game marketplace if for whatever reason you actually prefer these.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Whisper 3BMpx2K.png

CSG yGxHGVS.png

8QzK85U.png

Fang Ok, the Fang does have 7m more range than the in game RFP

.45 AP iaW2t1N.png

DMR- AV rAU4Li0.png

As far as the Yukon Nano UL3, there is the in game marketplace if for whatever reason you actually prefer these.

Maybe reduce the cost of rentals? or Up the cost and make them perm? IDK only thing i have bought was kits from Joker store.

• Like 1

Let's make things clear here , this game isn't pay to win, it's pay to unlock