Pay2Win or Not?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Is APB Pay2Win?

• Yes
    • No

I think there is only 1 weapon that can be considered pay 2 win ingame atm.

1 minute ago, Nev said:

you are not a weapon.

27 minutes ago, Nev said:

The Snowball! oh wait no that's not it. um The Country Gent? Am i getting closer?

There is no P2W at the game, just unskilled players; most of the current weapons that are in the game have their own sister/brother re-skined weapon variation. so prolly, there is no such thing in-game as P2W tho. just lack of skills.

• Like 1

Cooldown timers

ACES

Juggernaut guns

RFP-9 Fang

More Pay2Advantage than P2W

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

you are not a weapon.

pull my finger and try to say that with a straight face

This has been going for ages. WHY is this still relevant?

The main reason you might feel P2W, the enemy team has fancier reskins than you and have played the game a lot longer than you. They have found weapons that compliment their playstyle and use it better than you. You may feel disadvantaged when the enemy team is Coordinated and you appear to be placed with complete randoms on the same skill level as you, doing your own thing and utterly failing. 

There are many factors that can change the outcome of the game, but the MAIN BIG ONE is - You just suck. And sucking also has many factors to it - General feel of the aim.  Understanding the enemy arsenal to remind yourself how close/far you can stay safe from the enemies deadly fire. Feel of the recoil for the weapon of choice. Game-awareness and predictions. Sounds, though misleading, help a bunch. Understanding for the game-physics... There may be more that I don't know of.

Please shut up about this topic!

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2018 at 6:44 AM, neophobia said:

a straight downgrade to the normal nfas is p2w? no.

(yes yes, bigger mag, not like you need that in any normal fight though)

It performs best in Asylum. In missions it's kind of useless. I wouldn't even of listed it if it didn't cause fps drops for anyone caught in the blast.

1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

It performs best in Asylum. In missions it's kind of useless. I wouldn't even of listed it if it didn't cause fps drops for anyone caught in the blast.

Well it is nice in Bronze, cause you know bronze. That sorta makes me think it is broken ish.

On 6/18/2018 at 5:15 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

A few weapons stand out from their in game counterparts that I consider pay-to-win.

ARMAS:

- DMR-AV: Still can't take out the meta vehicles passing by you at full speed unless you have perfect visibility for the entire 200m you can see the vehicle.

- ACT 44 GM: Not too many people use it. Not enough to make your claim valid. It has too slow TTK to be a gamechanger.

- RFP-9 'Fang': Uncertain about this, how ever I've never seen the post-early reloaded changes rfp as a genuine threat in grand scheme of things.

- AMG-556 'Euryale': It's a "meh" gun. I have it, but I almost never use it. It's just not as good as you might think.

- S1-TIC 'Rabid': I almost never see these in mission districts...

- SG-21 'Strife': Beyond doing combos with other weapons, it's useless. Very short range you can do full damage from.

Joker Boxes:

- Mountie SF9 'Yukon': Broken, should be fixed

- Firework Launcher: You lose the ability to have an actual secondary, so it's a tradeoff. Also the flare gun does almost exactly the same, you just need to compensate for the ballistic trajectory.

- Raptor 45 'Condor': It's annoying weapon, I tend to not notice it at all untill I'm very close to being dead or actually dead.

- FFA 5.56 R&D III: Having a tad less zoom in marksmanship isn't really a game changer. It's as effective as OBIR, it's a personal preference if you feel it's an advantage to have less zoom-in or no.

- AAEPD 'Volcano JC': It's annoying weapon. Like all the other explosive crap in the game.

- NFAS-12 'True Ogre': If you've accidentaly gotten too close, you die. End of story. It's not really that much of an obviously OP weapon, but for whatever reason it tends to yield favourable results for it's user.

My 2 cents on green-ish text.

On 6/19/2018 at 12:25 AM, SelttikS said:

Maybe reduce the cost of rentals? or Up the cost and make them perm? IDK only thing i have bought was kits from Joker store.

Charge less JT and more APB$ and it's fixed. Currently you can't get enough JTs in a week to keep even half-decent arsenal at your disposal.

• Like 1

simplified p2w guns

• ARMAS:

- DMR-AV: best long range weapon, best av weapon

- ACT 44 GM: best act 44 variant

- RFP-9 'Fang': best rfp variant

- AMG-556 'Euryale': better than shaw

- S1-TIC 'Rabid': 0.60 ttk

- SG-21 'Strife': more damage than jg

Joker Boxes:

- Mountie SF9 'Yukon': op

- Firework Launcher: literally wallhack

- Raptor 45 'Condor': bad gun used by silvers who cant recoil control

- FFA 5.56 R&D III: 3 slot obir

- AAEPD 'Volcano JC': better than osmaw (likely balanced with pre nerf osmaw)

- NFAS-12 'True Ogre': better than nfas

the jokerticket argument

jokertickets require playing fightclub, fightclub is boring

jokertickets cannot allow you to own every single joker store weapon all the time

the armas ones are still better or inaccessible

apb = p2w

18 hours ago, Niggs said:

simplified p2w guns

• ARMAS:

- DMR-AV: best long range weapon, best av weapon

- ACT 44 GM: best act 44 variant

- RFP-9 'Fang': best rfp variant

- AMG-556 'Euryale': better than shaw

- S1-TIC 'Rabid': 0.60 ttk

- SG-21 'Strife': more damage than jg

Joker Boxes:

- Mountie SF9 'Yukon': op

- Firework Launcher: literally wallhack

- Raptor 45 'Condor': bad gun used by silvers who cant recoil control

- FFA 5.56 R&D III: 3 slot obir

- AAEPD 'Volcano JC': better than osmaw (likely balanced with pre nerf osmaw)

- NFAS-12 'True Ogre': better than nfas

the jokerticket argument

jokertickets require playing fightclub, fightclub is boring

jokertickets cannot allow you to own every single joker store weapon all the time

the armas ones are still better or inaccessible

apb = p2w

1) DMR-AV is outshined by the HVR. Damage Rampup makes it less effective, while the HVR has the same base damage for the entire range, making it semi-viable in CQC as well as long range.

2) and 3) Just because they are the better variant, doesn't make them the best secondary. FBW is arguably the best secondary in the game, and you get it in the beginning.

4) The AMG has a longer TTK than the SHAW, and requires more shots to kill. Shaw does more damage, hard damage, and a bigger mag. (http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_LMG_SHAW556/ vs https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_LMG_AMG_Slot2_Armas/)

5) Rabid, in the LMG category, is outshined by every other LMG. 

6) Strife may do huge damage, but the shot delay, small clip, long equip time, and long reload makes the TTK with solely the Strife long, and not viable vs any other CQC weapon.

7) The Yukon is actually bugged.

8 ) Flare Gun.

9) Condor has the same TTK as a STAR, with requiring one more STK.

10) FFA is exactly that, a 3 slot OBIR. Which you can get in game.

11) OSMAW is better. No damage Rampup, can be used in CQC, one shots nearly every vehicle at all ranges, has a longer range, and no rocket arc.

12) Windup time. The weapon is only viable in FC, and in Mission Districts, you'll waste too much time swapping weapons, and you'll be naded out from your corner.

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee

Shaw VS Euryale

1. Shaw crouched accuracy 12.65 cm, Euryale crouched accuracy 6.6 cm.
  2. Euryale 20% faster equip time.
  3. Euryale only 5% less hard DPS.
  4. Euryale 8.33% sprint speed reduction , Shaw 20.83% sprint speed reduction.
  5. Euryale 20% faster equip time
  6. Euryale 9.72% faster reload
  7. Euryale 20% less sprinting inaccuracy