Pay2Win or Not?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Is APB Pay2Win?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

And you honestly think you are going to snipe, reliably, at 50m with a Whisper, against any other mid range gun? Seriously... If that is why you think the Whisper is "Pay2Win"....

Secondly, you wanna see Pay2Win, or play some mobile/browser games, or, go try out Evony. Come back, and let me know what is Pay2Win about APB.

comparing p2w across different games is kind of silly, one game being p2w has no effect on other games' p2w aspects

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudinskes said:

What do you consider a pay to win gun??? An item where you just press a button and you just win the mission? Don't take the term "Pay to Win" so literally. You pay to have an advantage, it doesn't literally mean you pay to instantly win.

Then literally any free2play game is pay2win if you spend any money on it. Get a 0.000000001% boost? Pay2Win.

Just now, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Then literally any free2play game is pay2win if you spend any money on it. Get a 0.000000001% boost? Pay2Win.

THAT'S LITERALLY THE MEANING OF PAY TO WIN

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

comparing p2w across different games is kind of silly, one game being p2w has no effect on other games' p2w aspects

Not really. When you can pay $1000 in some games, you literally will win... Every time...

I've spent a grand in APB... Where are my wins?

1 minute ago, Spudinskes said:

THAT'S LITERALLY THE MEANING OF PAY TO WIN

So then... EVERY F2P game is Pay2Win.

Then why complain about it?

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee

Just now, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Not really. When you can pay $1000 in some games, you literally will win... Every time...

p2w is using real cash to purchase something that allows for an advantage that cannot be obtained otherwise, just because a game has one or even several p2w aspects doesnt mean the whole game is p2w

7 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Then why complain about it?

The reason you aren't winning definitely seems like a player problem. The guns don't just make you win, they give you advantages that increase your chances of winning.

I'm not complaining, like i said I have the ability to destroy players that use regular or armas weapons. I am not affected by the current armas weapons in the game. I have a well paying job so i have the ability to just buy guns if I do believe they are pay to win. I am simply stating the fact, using actual numbers, that there ARE advantages to be had from the armas marketplace.

Edited by Spudinskes

The developers can work to avoid incorrect assumptions like these, even though they will always be unavoidable.

You can't expect a business to persuade people away from spending money in their store. People believe what they want to believe anyways.

Edited by SilverCrow

Just remembered there's a gun called the CAP40. It has penetration through characters, destructables, and physics based objects like trash cans, barrels, wood stacks, and doors. In cqc being able hide behind cover and shoot through  it is  insanely strong.

http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_SMG_CAP40_Slot2_ArmasJB/

I'm not advocating the nerfing of the gun in any way shape or form. The game may need stuff like this for players to want to spend their money. I'm simply exposing the cold hard facts that there are indeed pay to win guns in the armas marketplace, despite what many people may believe. I scratch my head whenever I see people say there are no substantial payable advantages in APB.

Edited by Spudinskes

2 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

Just remembered there's a gun called the CAP40. It has penetration through characters, destructables, and physics based objects like trash cans, barrels, wood stacks, and doors. In cqc being able hide behind cover and shoot through  it is  insanely strong. It's not purchasable in game either.

http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_SMG_CAP40_Slot2_ArmasJB/

I'm not advocating the nerfing of the gun in any way shape or form. The game may need stuff like this for players to want to spend their money. I'm simply exposing the cold hard facts that there are indeed pay to win guns in the armas marketplace, despite what many people may believe. I scratch my head whenever I see people say there are no substantial payable advantages in APB.

Last time I checked I saw 'em for 1.2M~ on the marketplace. 
And honestly the cap40 isn't even that good, it's accuraccy is a joke and unless you're standing in someone's face you're gonna miss a whole lot of bullets, even when aiming correctly.
As for being able to shoot through cover, the few crates/random stuff it can shoot through really is more of a gimmick than anything else. I'd rather have the damage to vehicles cause this thing surprisingly doesn't do much to vehicles at all. 
I understand the point you're making though, but this gun is hardly pay2win as you can buy it off the auctionhouse, and a user who can shoot decently with an OCA outclasses this weapon by far.
As mentioned before, you could argue it's an advantage, but it's not a 100% win once you have this gun. Hence it's not pay2win.

there are so many counters to any gun

how could APB possibly be P2W when anyone can kill people with no matter what gun they have so long as they do the correct strategy in time

volcano = you miss then you die from relaod

ogre = no windup or out of range = dead duck fricassee

opgl = if you're lucky you don't blow YOURSELF up at close range

any sniper = get in close and light their world up good

sure some people have better reflexes but wit  how easy it is to counter what they are using we just need to change out guns for one that works for the situation

its why we have a resupply box at the beginning of the game

APB is pay to win?  no it's not.....

4 hours ago, Spherii said:

Last time I checked I saw 'em for 1.2M~ on the marketplace. 
And honestly the cap40 isn't even that good, it's accuraccy is a joke and unless you're standing in someone's face you're gonna miss a whole lot of bullets, even when aiming correctly.
As for being able to shoot through cover, the few crates/random stuff it can shoot through really is more of a gimmick than anything else. I'd rather have the damage to vehicles cause this thing surprisingly doesn't do much to vehicles at all. 
I understand the point you're making though, but this gun is hardly pay2win as you can buy it off the auctionhouse, and a user who can shoot decently with an OCA outclasses this weapon by far.
As mentioned before, you could argue it's an advantage, but it's not a 100% win once you have this gun. Hence it's not pay2win.

Ah so it's a legendary item, ok fair enough. There is technically a way to obtain it in game. But an oca wouldn't outclass it. it has an empty slot to use for reflex or cj. It has the same accuracy as the oca. It does more hard damage. It also has the same ttk as the oca. Also being able to penetrate items like I stated before is incredibly strong. I'll probably pick it up myself as I can see it being incredibly broken in the right hands.

Pay2win does not translate to pay to instantly win though. It means pay to gain an advantage.

Edited by Spudinskes

Someone give me a proper counter or something similar to 

OSCAR ..............................

The only thing i consider to be p2w is that thing...(its just ...aaarrrgghh..., it doesnt matter who uses it... I have it and i use it when i want cheap wins)

4 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Someone give me a proper counter or something similar to 

OSCAR ..............................

The only thing i consider to be p2w is that thing...(its just ...aaarrrgghh..., it doesnt matter who uses it... I have it and i use it when i want cheap wins)

Just grab an OSCAR for yourself and fight fire with fire. No need for ARMAS either.

• Like 1

Buying weapons with IRL cash can you get you weapons with 3 open slots. But that does not mean its pay to win.

You can put the N-TEC 5 with 3 mods in it to a new player (1-10 hours). And an N-TEC 5 with no mods to a experienced player (2000 hours+)

The experienced player will more than likely win every single fight because he knows to engage a fight and properly use the N-TEC 5 or any other weapon.

APB:Reloaded is not P2W!

29 minutes ago, Spudinskes said:

Ah so it's a legendary item, ok fair enough. There is technically a way to obtain it in game. But an oca wouldn't outclass it. it has an empty slot to use for reflex or cj. It has the same accuracy as the oca. It does more hard damage. It also has the same ttk as the oca. Also being able to penetrate items like I stated before is incredibly strong. I'll probably pick it up myself as I can see it being incredibly broken in the right hands.

Pay2win does not translate to pay to instantly win though. It means pay to gain an advantage.

It does not have the same accuraccy as an OCA, god knows what G1 did, but it's really inaccurate from time to time and I can't tell you anything more than to try it out yourself and see what I mean.
As for pay2win, it's a term that gets thrown at everything, and the meaning of it changes with every game. 
As far as I'm concerned, pay2win means an advantage that can't be countered by a non-paying player. This is not the case for legendary weapons, and especially not for the cap40.

There's many ways to counter the cap40. The regular OCA, or even better a two slotted OCA being one of them. Cooling jacket will give you a smaller TTK, statistically speaking. You can argue that you can use CJ on a CAP40 too, but believe me on this, you're gonna want RSIII if you want to actually kill people.

Weapons are one thing, but if the person doesn't have a certain amount of skill, it doesn't matter how much legendaries they have. See high ranked silver players that own an array of legendaries/Armas guns. They have the best weapons (best being subjective here) yet they're still just silver. Luckily you can't buy aim-assists on Armas, that's what I would consider pay2win.

This is just my opinion of Pay2Win, and under these terms I find APB not Pay2Win, it's a freemium business that gives you advantages, but nothing that would allow a non-paying player to lose from a paying player.

Edited by Spherii

I do have to agree that it is indeed a gray area. But when it really comes down to it is it pay to win? Taking a look at how just because you purchase a weapon doesn't mean it makes you better or will make you automatically win. Black-market weapons bring an ID for new tactics to be brought to the table but as a person that uses the paid weapons, I find myself being beaten size of standard weapons more often than not. The benefit that one would get by having a paid weapon is severely outweighed by someone who has better skill. There's so many factors in what gets the win that saying the game is pay to win it's quite ignorant.

These factors include but definitely aren't limited to lag, scale by itself, teammates, location, and spawn location.

On 6/17/2018 at 6:57 PM, Songbearer said:

AThe only thing I think is an oddity these days is the DMR-AV which is just a straight upgrade for the DMR with no downsides (as far as I can tell), but also kind of lol if you're using the DMR anyway when the NHVR exists.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT THE DMR?????? Sure it is not good vs HVR cause people hide behind their cover (and if they got the first shot)

But it isa  REALLY competetitve sniper. Especially on bonties and VIP missions!

32 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Just grab an OSCAR for yourself and fight fire with fire. No need for ARMAS either.

Ok my dear sir, where do i get armas equivalent OSCAR ingame without armas?

41 minutes ago, Spherii said:

It does not have the same accuraccy as an OCA, god knows what G1 did, but it's really inaccurate from time to time and I can't tell you anything more than to try it out yourself and see what I mean.
As for pay2win, it's a term that gets thrown at everything, and the meaning of it changes with every game. 
As far as I'm concerned, pay2win means an advantage that can't be countered by a non-paying player. This is not the case for legendary weapons, and especially not for the cap40.

There's many ways to counter the cap40. The regular OCA, or even better a two slotted OCA being one of them. Cooling jacket will give you a smaller TTK, statistically speaking. You can argue that you can use CJ on a CAP40 too, but believe me on this, you're gonna want RSIII if you want to actually kill people.

Weapons are one thing, but if the person doesn't have a certain amount of skill, it doesn't matter how much legendaries they have. See high ranked silver players that own an array of legendaries/Armas guns. They have the best weapons (best being subjective here) yet they're still just silver. Luckily you can't buy aim-assists on Armas, that's what I would consider pay2win.

This is just my opinion of Pay2Win, and under these terms I find APB not Pay2Win, it's a freemium business that gives you advantages, but nothing that would allow a non-paying player to lose from a paying player.

I was looking at the stats in the APB DB, you're saying there's secret stats? Similar to how the whisper slightly reduces recoil?

The CAP40 can be countered, every weapon, tactic and vehicle can technically be countered. I was saying it's stronger in a lot of situations where there are destructable and physics based objects.

You're interpretation of pay to win seems a bit extreme, and to be honest I have never seen the bar set so high for it. Normally it's paying for some sort of advantage over a non paying player. This includes paying for statistical advantages, or getting access to more powerful items earlier than others. 

Edited by Spudinskes

13 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Ok my dear sir, where do i get armas equivalent OSCAR ingame without armas?

I just use the 2slot contact one... rs3 ir3

thing reks

17 hours ago, Halelulia said:

Is this a serious question?

Directly in my mind are:

Whisper > OCA

CSG > Thumper > JG

.45 > FBW

RFP Fang > RFP

Yukon, Nano, UL3 > NFA, PDW

DMR AV > DMR

Wanna pretend these weapons are not better? Would be pretty pathetic.
Also if you want to say "you can buy legendarys ingame" please dude, dont even bother ...

Whisper has 50m effective range and slightly better accuracy whilst crouched. Technical advantage? Yes. In practice? No. You don't really see people abusing the 50m effective range whilst crouched as it's too inconsistent.

CSG is better at poking, but also available in the joker store. Thumper is about on par with the JG, though underused.

.45 is as good as the fbw. FBW is more consistent at hipfire than the .45 and has a better kill/mag ratio. The .45 is a glass cannon. Powerful, but vulnerable.

Fang is a direct upgrade to the normal rfp, I hope this gets looked at.

Nano is about as good as the nfa and pdw. They got buffed in the last weapons balance pass and they're pretty potent and underrated. Give them a go and see for yourself. Yukon is broken. That's a technical fault.

Dmr AV is better at AP and definitely better than the normal variant. Maybe more recoil or control difficulty with the AV needs to be implemented to balance them out?

Also, no need to call people pathetic if their opinion differs from you. That's pretty bad manners.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I just use the 2slot contact one... rs3 ir3

thing reks

And at what R do you get that? 

I don't see the point here, as said by many, a player that have an N-TEC from armas that doesn't understand the logic and not skilllful comes against a player who knows how to play and have a normal N-TEC that is obtainable from the in-game store, both of them has the same mods, who wins? same case with almost every weapon, it's true that there is a lot of weapons with extra traits, but you can't count that when it's dependent on the player, use some logic and you will see that the game is not a P2W stockpile as most of you claim.

6 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

And at what R do you get that? 

IIRC lv14 with either Templeton or Birth

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

IIRC lv14 with either Templeton or Birth

That...wasnt..exactly...a question...

If you just put everything on the end game contact, that wont magically make the game less p2w... Im talking about an avg player, who have played for...lets say 50hours...