Pay2Win or Not?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Is APB Pay2Win?

• Yes
    • No

It is not even in a Grey Area, the game is blatantly not Pay 2 Win, it is Freemium, yes that word is a thing. Stop even thinking about any possibility of it being pay 2 win. 

The idea was for joker tickets to be a viable way to obtain armas weapons. Unfortunately with there only being one active fight club at any given time it's hard to get the first place joker ticket rewards for both districts.

It's not really pay to win as you can get 3 slot guns in game as unlocks, just takes time, pay2win for me would be using G1C to get ingame boosts like (these are just random examples) a boost that halts the enemy progress bar, when capturing an item, for a few secs, or when you pay G1C, you summon a minigun out of nowhere to use for a few secs.

still waiting for the juggernaut guns on the joker store

1 hour ago, BingoBookBG said:

some of this players who vote no can u share how many weapons u bought so far?just curious..im sure like 90% of this 96 people bought at least 3 weapons so far

what is your point exactly? it sounds like you're going to treat the people that voted "no" as hypocrits.

1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

- Firework Launcher: It will mark any player with line of sight up to 60M. It can be used at any rank, and does not have bullet drop. Basically a purchasable wallhack.

lets remember there is a free version of this thing. sure the joker box one has a little extra range but if we consider the free version, i dont really see it as p2w

8e8d56ffc7fe57f340a80568d79d11e9.jpg

Not necessarily pay to win as guns don't always make you win. It's pay for advantages, and those advantages aren't always the winning factor. 

1 hour ago, ninetenduh said:

It is not even in a Grey Area, the game is blatantly not Pay 2 Win, it is Freemium, yes that word is a thing. Stop even thinking about any possibility of it being pay 2 win. 

It's basically this^

No, I rather have a r150 guy with a standard NTEC in my team, than someone who splashed a fortune on tons of legendary weapons but can't handle them.

• Like 1

Every time I see a thread like this I feel all warm and tingly inside, seeing the community come together 🙂

But for my 2 cents, because I matter too
I don't see the game as P2W, there's specific guns (Free and Armas) that I personally think need re-balancing, and LO has acknowledged this.
However there's very little advantage from Armas weapons over regular, and in most cases an Armas weapon is just a reskin, or the same gun but you get to choose the mods.

I won't go too deep into the argument of "free vs paid" guns but what I've stated is just how I see it summarised.
One thing I think we all need to remember is this is a free game, run by a company, a company that requires money to keep the game up.
Obviously there's going to be incentives for players to spend money so the game can stay up, we can see it as soon as me get to social, but customisation can't be relied upon alone for the company to make money, so obviously weapons are brought in, and for how minimal an advantage you get (Even on the paid guns that are unfair) you're still able to win against them, they still are not as bad as other games (F2P and P2P)

Overall APB has one of the best micro-transaction (Micro's funny because a gun is $40 AUD) economies out of any current game that I've seen.
Sure it's not fun dying to a current meta Armas gun, but LO has acknowledge a rework is required and we're all reassured change is coming. 

On 6/18/2018 at 1:23 AM, SelttikS said:

Green, cause green is best.

Where we all truly belong

Another P2W thread?  Really?  There have been how many of these in the past 2 or 3 years, since the game had been changed at all?  We didn't need another one of these threads. 

32 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

what is your point exactly? it sounds like you're going to treat the people that voted "no" as hypocrits.

u said it..

Actually, there is a blatent pay to win aspect of APB. With the game's vast number of situations that require you to switch weapons, and the fact that car spawners are a thing and require certain weaponry/grenades to disable, premium is very pay to win. It decreases resupply by 50%. that's two whole minutes which is a huge advantage. An example would be if a player is defending an item on a roof and needs nades but can't access an ammo machine. A player with premium would literally be able to resupply nades at 200% the rate. This is just an example and there are tons of situations where having a shorter resupply cooldown could clutch.

Edited by Spudinskes

I think this game isn't P2W now.

But was P2W like tommygun , trouble maker.

Now RFP Fang? too OP. accurate and have range with 1.05ttk.

Yukon is maybe OP. just insane ttk 0.45 

My opinion is this: While not perfect, it's better than some games out there.

Guns: While there have been historical moments of OP guns, they usually got nerfed, but at the cost of consumers who bought the gun. But with the LO aquisition, we may see some gun reworks to fix guns that are too weak. In addition, some of the best guns are the base ones available just by playing the game (NTEC, Obeya, HVR, to name a few.) Plus, in the QA I believe they said they would expand upon making every gun available/leasable through normal gameplay in some way.

Premium: This is probably the only big P2W spot, as the halved CD on Nitro can Make-or-Break a mission finale. I wouldn't mind seeing this changed in some form.

Joker Boxes: This is a hit-or-miss, as some guns are bad->ok->god tier, and ontop of the legality issue, I rather not touch but can see some slight P2W

Cars: Mostly cosmetic, and you can get the high-end 4-slots through normal play (though I can see the gray area of this too, as having 4slots early on can be more beneficial to some.)

One thing I do enjoy is that we don't have to pay much money to look good. There's only a few items I'd ever want from the Armas store in terms of clothing, and we don't even have to RNG, grind, bid crazy, or buy a pricy appearance changers like in other games (BDO, Tera, BNS to name some.)  This is something that I hope never gets changed in APB, as the game is rooted around being YOU

It's interesting to see that a lot of the argument here is that since it's obtainable through normal play it's not p2w, like 4 slot cars, three slot weapons, etc. Meanwhile EA had a whole fiasco with it's battlefront 2 loot boxes giving an advantage early on to players that paid. It was measured out that it took hundreds, nearly a thousand hours to get all the content normally. Thousands of players demanded returns and would be customers avoided buying the game. It hurt their bottom line so much that they were forced to change how long it took to unlock things. 

Battlefront's old style of unlocking content is basically how it is in APB. It probably takes hundreds of hours and maybe more than a thousand to obtain 3 slot  weapons for every role and every 4 slot car. The contrast in what the two communities believe is p2w is interesting 

Edited by Spudinskes

I dont think anything other than 4x4 vegas is p2w.........

and 

the thing that annoys me the MOST is that , the player in the losing team having premium getting more overall money than the player in the winning team cause he/she doesnt have premium... Its like win or lose, if you got premium YOU WON !

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Like 1

Fact is there are armas weapons which are way better than the ones you can obtain ingame (including JMB weapons).

Fact is premium is also p2w.

Fact is a big part of the game is behind a paywall. Customization and weapon variety.

Fact is every person who says there is literally zero p2w are scrubs or lie to themselfes and are big Gamersfirst investors.

But however, at the end I will own you with any weapon.

btw Engine Upgrade when?

I can stay gold with nothing but starter weapons.

Do you that complain about premium also complain to Blizzard about subscribers being p2w vs free accounts?

The reason APB is not p2w is because while there may be some guns that need work, the vast majority are not better than what you can earn without paying anything.

Think of premium as subscription and then your complains sound a lot more stupid. Just saying because a game don't run for free ya know. And you are complaining about the people who are keeping the servers on their life support. Take away any reason to give the company money and this game is gone. So which do you want; a game to play or not?

This again? Im not sure how many times ppl r guna bring it up but APB is NOT P2W. You can get a variation of 99% of weapons from contacts once ur max rank and hat only requires in came currency. ARMAS allows u the chance to buy perm vers of those same weapons with no change to weapon stats at all so how is the game P2W? If it was P2W ARMAS guns would have better stats then those u can get from contacts.

1 hour ago, Thelnformer said:

I dont think anything other than 4x4 vegas is p2w.........

*Laughs in 4 slot Joker Ticket 4x4 Vegas*

I am going to have to vote yes, even if it isn't a big thing, you do get a direct 50% cool down reduction over other players that can impact the game and does give you an advantage. Even if it's a 1% by literal definition you are in fact paying for an advantage over your enemies if you bought the premium subscription.

If you disagree with it you are fooling yourself and doing mental gymnastics in your head to justify the game. And at that point, when you have to do so many back flips to defend the game at what point do you say okay there's something wrong. If i have to do mental gymnastics just to justify the game giving you a 50% cdr.

I am not gonna try and muddy the water, it's clear and simple, no need to try and overly complicate the game just to defend it, i like the game and i want it to be better. Just get rid of the 50% cdr or give it to everyone, and yes i have the premium and yes i am voting for it to be taken away from me.

1 hour ago, BingoBookBG said:

u said it..

ok, lets suppose for a moment that those 100+ players that voted for "no" havent buyed any paid weapon.

how would they even know if this game is p2w, if they havent played with the paid weapons?

and no, "winning against oposition with paid weapons" is not a valid argument, otherwise we could go back to the "nerf SNR" thread beacuse i killed a NTEC bronze with my SNR

another logic flaws in your "they say the game is not P2W yet they buy weapons" argument:

-players can buy weapons because they are fun to play with - not necessarily better than the other weapons. "P2W" doesnt consider "fun" in it, it just considers if you get an advantage or not.

-players can buy weapons to have them perma - its pretty annoying to have to buy them every time their lease runs out, specially if its a niche weapon you dont use much, like an alig for vehicle missions.

-players can buy weapons because of its skin - you know, some people, say, feels more attracted to an UMP than a pseudo-UZI, and they might buy the paid UMP, even tho it has the same stadistics as the free pseudo-UZI.

Polar-Bear-Facepalm.jpg

Would the people complaining about premium being broken be More ok with it if it was called a subscription. And without that subscription you could only get to rank 20 and you only do 5% of the normal damage. Lets do that so people will understand what p2w really means.

When has a cool down on anything been what MADE you win or lose a match?

• Like 1