Pay2Win or Not?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Is APB Pay2Win?

• Yes
    • No

It's a simple question, is the game Pay2Win or not?

My personal opinion is that APB is in a grey area. You don't need any armas weapons to win as N-TEC and HVR are broken compared to all other weapons in the game. But the game is littered with aspects that I'd personally consider P2W.

However I think as soon as a game locks stuff that can directly effect your gameplay behind a pay wall it's considered Pay2Win. A lot of Armas weapons offers unique mechanics and playstyle that could very well effect how well an individual plays the game.

Premium, premium offers 50% cool downs on character and vehicle mods which I think is another p2w aspect. The 125% APB$ bonus from Premium is on a grey area again for me, as I think it's very useful in terms of getting contact weapons, mods and so on, though wouldn't consider it Pay2Win, again this is more of a grey area.

Legendaries, these are tradeable and obtainable even as 100% f2p so I think Legendaries are completely out of the picture when it comes to P2W. Even if you'd have to grind for years to get them they're still achievable.

• Like 3

What would you suggest? how is the game supposed to make the company money if they do not make things NOT free.

• Thanks 2

you said it was a simple yes or no and then threw in “it’s a grey area” lmao

imo apb has several p2w aspects, but it’s pretty low on my personal “p2w scale” 

weapons like the fang are hard to dispute as being p2w, and the cooldown reductions from premium are as well imo 

• Like 2

Personal opinion says APB has a few "soft-P2W" elements, things that aren't exclusively restricted to the ARMAS store but strongly encourage you to get them through the ARMAS store instead of through just playing the game (Weapon roles leveling, the Joker store).

Nevertheless I voted No, since the accepted definition of P2W is more of the "hard" kind (advantage you can only ever get by spending real money for it) and APB has none of that here.

Yes apb reloaded p2w.Because armas weapons more better free n-hvr 3 shoot kill but armas n-hvr and psr 1 shoot kill.Buy pre more hp more speed and more power.This game not need skill buy pre and armas weapons you re king.:classic_sad:

(Apb reloaded pay to prim game)

If APB is P2W I should have 110% win rate from how much I have spent.

• Like 7

Just now, BXNNXD said:

you said it was a simple yes or no and then threw in “it’s a grey area” lmao

imo apb has several p2w aspects, but it’s pretty low on my personal “p2w scale” 

weapons like the fang are hard to dispute as being p2w, and the cooldown reductions from premium are as well imo 

How many times has a clutch cool down reduction been what won you a mission though? I mean it is nice and all but pay to grind less is not winning. well it is winning at life but not at the game...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

How many times has a clutch cool down reduction been what won you a mission though? I mean it is nice and all but pay to grind less is not winning. well it is winning at life but not at the game...

the cooldown reduction is a straight upgrade that you get just for paying money regardless of how minimal it is, it’s not really a pay to skip function

37 minutes ago, SacheM said:

Yes apb reloaded p2w.Because armas weapons more better free n-hvr 3 shoot kill but armas n-hvr and psr 1 shoot kill.Buy pre more hp more speed and more power.This game not need skill buy pre and armas weapons you re king.:classic_sad:

(Apb reloaded pay to prim game)

Wat?

You are able to get three of the best guns in the game off the bat when you start playing; hvr, ntec, oca.

You could legit rename this poll to "Are you bronze/silver" and probably get the same results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You could legit rename this poll to "Are you bronze/silver" and probably get the same results.

I’d have to change my answer...

This game has a history of certain P2W weapons being added in over time. Trouble Maker? Had a near 8 month dominance before getting nerfed. ATAC? Still extremely good compared to it's previous state, literal console aim and spray weapon. Yukon? P2W, I mean c'mon. 

Last but not least, there is that new 60m Obir Secondary that literally every single person uses, nothing more over powered than a pistol that can out range an NTEC and is more accurate.

Overall, I'd say the game isn't P2W, but there are certainly a few P2W weapons along with a history of P2W weapons being added in and nerfed over significant periods of time. This game has horrid weapon balance, and the previous owners clearly didn't even have a combined 10 hours district time between them so as a result we're stuck with a very, very unbalanced game with weapons that were added without any consideration of their overall impact.

Edited by indi
  • Like 4

Aside from the nano and to a much, much lesser extent the Colby CSG being absolutely insane way, way back in the day, I've never gone up against a paid-for weapon that I've considered overwhelmingly powerful. The only thing I think is an oddity these days is the DMR-AV which is just a straight upgrade for the DMR with no downsides (as far as I can tell), but also kind of lol if you're using the DMR anyway when the NHVR exists.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seedy said:

What would you suggest? how is the game supposed to make the company money if they do not make things NOT free.

Skins,Premium which offers more layers and faster earnings (not less cooldowns,this should removed),clothing,kits.

Vehicles and guns should not be locked behind paywalls ,and especially not behind gamble boxes.

If they do a good job they can make good money from the items mentioned above.

30 minutes ago, Cheeseburger! said:

I've won many times with the STAR against Armas weapons.

That's not what pay2win is.

ntec double slot, hvr1-2 slot, pmg2 slot, carbine 2 slot, oscar 2 slot, oca 2 slot, L2P 0 slot. Game is easy, abuse 3rd person and you'll be god.

A few weapons stand out from their in game counterparts that I consider pay-to-win.

ARMAS:

- DMR-AV: It deals significantly more hard damage than the DMR-SD. It can destroy/disable most vehicles with 4 hits at 90M.

- ACT 44 GM: Includes HS3, making it more accurate than the free versions. It can outshoot any other sidearm at 60M.

- RFP-9 'Fang': An RFP-9 with IR3. This makes it viable to use at 50M. It's high accuracy and lower ttk make it better than the ACT 44 GM at this range.

- AMG-556 'Euryale': It has less recoil and higher mobile speed than the SHAW. This kind of breaks balance of the LMG role. It makes it more viable for offense. I don't own the weapon because I'm not insane enough to spend that much money.

- S1-TIC 'Rabid': Lower TTK than any other rifle and 50 round mag capacity. Another weapon that stretches the LMG role.

- SG-21 'Strife': More damage and range than the other high damage shotguns. It has a much lower TTK, but leaving you with 1% HP is kind of game breaking, especially with perc and low-yield grenades.

Joker Boxes:

- Mountie SF9 'Yukon': It has the lowest TTK in game. It's a bug, but Reloaded treat it like a feature.

- Firework Launcher: It will mark any player with line of sight up to 60M. It can be used at any rank, and does not have bullet drop. Basically a purchasable wallhack.

- Raptor 45 'Condor': The description states it does not display on radar for the first 3 shots. In practice, it's around 6 to 10 shots due to desync and the currently broken radar mechanic.

- FFA 5.56 R&D III: It's based on the OBIR. The only difference is it has a lower field of view, making it easier to aim and spot players.

- AAEPD 'Volcano JC': Shoots 2 rockets that deal 1000 HP, 1227 hard damage, and has a shorter windup than the OSMAW.

- NFAS-12 'True Ogre': It's TTK is so low it causes performance issues for anyone caught in the blast. If it didn't cause your game to basically freeze, it wouldn't be OP.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Thanks 3

some of this players who vote no can u share how many weapons u bought so far?just curious..im sure like 90% of this 115 people bought at least 3 weapons so far

Edited by BingoBookBG
  • Like 1