Sign in to follow this  
yourrandomnobody74

Make Scout, HVR and OBIR be 100% accurate no matter if crouched or not (picture included)

68OLv1C.png

This change may seem trivial, but it would make such a huge impact in how the Scout, OBIR and HVR perform (for the better!!)

Could we get scout 100% accurate (as shown on the picture to the left) instead of this inaccurate crosshair we have (as shown on the right) regardless of hunting sight or not? Even when walking while zoomed in? Or at least have it be 100% with any hunting sight which would fulfill the current role the mod has in the game (reducing RNG)? 

Oh, and add OBIR, HVR and DMR into the mix too. Though I'd rather see it be regardless of hunting sight in it on stock guns, as it would make the game much more beginner friendly and benefit those who aim for their shots, but whatever the devs decide on as long as It's incorporated i'll be glad.

Yj1pljG.png

In fact, as seen here, the Scout with Hunting Sight (no matter which one, in this particular video it was hunting sight 1) used to exhibit this behaviour (even when jumping, bring back jumpshot perhaps?) while stood up and even moving while scoped in too! I think this is even more accurate than current live crouching modifier Scout/OBIR/HVR (the last one never even had 100% accuracy no matter which hunting sight mod, be it crouched or not!!!)

LO, pls fix))

perhaps add the RSA & ACT44 into the mix? perhaps make every gun have it's first bullet be accurate? i'll be glad if even this suggested QoL change above makes it into live 🙂

Edited by yourrandomnobody74

so make taking cover entirely useless and encourage people to get killed because 1 pixel of their hitbox was showing to the enemy. no thanks, you should play the game more to understand the gun mechanics. for example:

guns that aren't "perfectly accurate 100% of the time" require you to actually aim at the centre of the enemy, so that even if the shot spreads then it will hit them anyway. this is how apb works and its the alternative to having headshots, arm/leg shots, chest/torso shots. and in my view it works a million times better because games like csgo are super boring when you get sprayed on by a noob enemy and they get a lucky headshot by spraying and your dead super fast...

Edited by FakeBungo

13 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

so make taking cover entirely useless and encourage people to get killed because 1 pixel of their hitbox was showing to the enemy. no thanks, you should play the game more to understand the gun mechanics. for example:

guns that aren't "perfectly accurate 100% of the time" require you to actually aim at the centre of the enemy, so that even if the shot spreads then it will hit them anyway. this is how apb works and its the alternative to having headshots, arm/leg shots, chest/torso shots. and in my view it works a million times better because games like csgo are super boring when you get sprayed on by a noob enemy and they get a lucky headshot by spraying and your dead super fast...

I don't quite understand your point. Snipers are supposed to be 100% accurate no matter what range, spread shouldn't decide if I hit or not. The 1 pixel hitbox thing you mention is exactly why I'd love seeing this change back. I'd rather trade speed of shot vs accuracy any time of the day (as in, replace CJ3 on Scout for HS1 or just make it a default stat for the weapons mentioned above and let Hunting Sight dictate FoV only)

I've been destroyed so many times by the scout just deciding not to reg at +70m combat because of spread/rng whatever you wanna call it.

You aim at the centre of the enemy anyways, no matter if 100% accurate or not, I don't understand this counterarguement...

No one mentioned CSGO and their spray patterns and their headshots?.... You're derailing this thread unnecessarily...

7 hours ago, yourrandomnobody74 said:

I don't quite understand your point. Snipers are supposed to be 100% accurate no matter what range, spread shouldn't decide if I hit or not. The 1 pixel hitbox thing you mention is exactly why I'd love seeing this change back. I'd rather trade speed of shot vs accuracy any time of the day (as in, replace CJ3 on Scout for HS1 or just make it a default stat for the weapons mentioned above and let Hunting Sight dictate FoV only)

I've been destroyed so many times by the scout just deciding not to reg at +70m combat because of spread/rng whatever you wanna call it.

You aim at the centre of the enemy anyways, no matter if 100% accurate or not, I don't understand this counterarguement...

No one mentioned CSGO and their spray patterns and their headshots?.... You're derailing this thread unnecessarily...

scout is not meant for 70m+ thats what scout means, did you even play APB before?

To counter both of your arguments.

The Scout (N-HVR 243) is near pinpoint accurate without mods. It has 100% accuracy with any level of Hunting Sight. It has 90M of max damage range. Suppressed versions are 83M.

I think the issue is only a few version of the N-HVR 243 have hunting sight or have an open slot to put hunting sight on. They should add an open slot to versions that don't have hunting sight. This would make the weapon more versatile between players. Those who want 100% accuracy will using Hunting Sight. Those who don't need it can use a better fitting mod like Cooling Jacket.

4 hours ago, BlatMan said:

To counter both of your arguments.

The Scout (N-HVR 243) is near pinpoint accurate without mods. It has 100% accuracy with any level of Hunting Sight. It has 90M of max damage range. Suppressed versions are 83M.

I think the issue is only a few version of the N-HVR 243 have hunting sight or have an open slot to put hunting sight on. They should add an open slot to versions that don't have hunting sight. This would make the weapon more versatile between players. Those who want 100% accuracy will using Hunting Sight. Those who don't need it can use a better fitting mod like Cooling Jacket.

No, the Scout does not have 100% accuracy with Hunting Sight or any other mod. Neither do the OBIR or HVR (which IMO both should have, they never had it)

This is literally the main reason I've posted this suggestion.

They've nerfed all levels of hunting sight on the Scout back when they nerfed jumpshooting. I'm vouching for either bringing the accuracy of HS back or applying it to base stat of all scout variants (with hunting sight only affecting the FoV on the scout) and buffing OBIR & normal HVR to 100% accuracy (preferably regardless of HS, as I find it ridiculous that a mod, i.e. hunting sight, alters RNG instead of FoV only)

Edited by yourrandomnobody74

On 9/20/2021 at 4:41 PM, yourrandomnobody74 said:

You need 2 practice the weapons, Every single weapon has a different way 2 use it  example the ntec you spray in upclose <-      in med range you burst <-  in long range you tab?,

Obir <- aim,   and DMR <- aim    and SCOUT <- aim  and HVR <- aim,  its actually pretty simple and easily you just need 2 understand how to actually use it.

Edited by Nocolor

On 10/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, Nocolor said:

You need 2 practice the weapons, Every single weapon has a different way 2 use it  example the ntec you spray in upclose <-      in med range you burst <-  in long range you tab?,

Obir <- aim,   and DMR <- aim    and SCOUT <- aim  and HVR <- aim,  its actually pretty simple and easily you just need 2 understand how to actually use it.

I think it's pretty simple you lack the vision on what this change would bring to anyone who has remotely any gameplay awareness. It will only increase the skill ceiling of the weapon, not lower it.

Let me picture it for you, have you ever had someone corner peek you with a weapon? Perhaps crouch behind a wall and crouch spammed you? Hitboxes around objects are wonky and this is the only way you can get around them. You can just shut them down with this each and every time without questioning if RNG played in your favour or not. It is not a matter of aim or not aim.