Sign in to follow this  
CommandantSteele

It feels like the ATAC needs a buff.

Oh boy, this might be a doozy...

So I've been using the ATAC a lot recently and it's been feeling kinda off. I'm sure a lot of people will say "Oh just get good" and I know I could improve on some things but hear me out.

Whenever I have someone in optimal range of the ATAC it feels like it just doesn't want to finish kills. My best guess is that this is due to the fact that it's an 8 STK weapon. But I'd be called crazy to ask for it to be buffed to have the STK of other AR's, so could it instead have the nerfs it got hit with removed instead?

I know it's something where the ATAC is supposed to be an AR that functions like an SMG, but in practice it feels like it fails horribly against a lot of the weapons that it would encounter within the ranges it's supposed to operate in. I frequently find myself getting outgunned by SMG's in close range, and then I don't have the range or accuracy to finish other AR users off when fights enter into the 50-60 meter range. Even weapons like the OSCAR, which I should naturally have an advantage against due to an automatic vs burst fire weapon, just hipfire me to death remorselessly. Again, I'm aware that to most people it's probably a skill issue, but something just feels off about the whole thing.

It's outdone in what's supposed to be its good ranges by SMG's and other CQC dedicated weapons, it's outdone at long ranges by regular AR's, and even when trying to hipfire a regular AR that is 6 STK feels like it has a sizable advantage due to the fact that it has to manage to hit 6 shots while praying to RNG instead of eight. Meanwhile when I'm ADS'ing at someone with an ATAC it feels like I only hit every third shot, with the rest going into anything but the person that's shooting back.

Can we see about doing something to help this thing out?

atac is good because its one of the only, or probably only functioning, full auto AR.

oscar is incredibly OP and probably the strongest gun in the game. but the oscar doesn't play well if you don't have low latency or whatever is required for this game to not break everytime you press m1.

Merged.

not sure what LO did to SMGs, don't particularly care to stay up to date with their insane balance changes, but last time i noticed they buffed the OCA whisper which didn't need to be buffed. and thats also pay2win because its Armas exclusive.

Merged.

atac must have mods are probably mobility sling and hunting sight 3. since you basically want to ADS with it all the time. sadly i think its not very good at jump shooting, meaning jumping at close range while ADS, a good tactic since it really disorientates the enemy.

Merged.

your supposed to miss with the atac, but you also need to aim centre of mass or you won't hit anything. this is similar to how shotguns work in the extreme example, since to effectively counter a shotgun you can simply crouch and its likely either half of the shot will go over your head if they didnt re-adjust their aim in time, or, even if they aim at you while you are crouch they will not hit all of their shotgun spread since you are a smaller target crouched. this also means atac suffers from doing low damage if the enemy is behind cover effectively, because half ur spray will hit the object they are standing behind. but atac was definitely a decent choice in general unless LO has changed it since i last used it. the main issue with AR balance is the n-tec is ridiculously accurate so its kinda hard to not just use the n-tec all the time. n-tec can tap fire super well to take out almost anybody, even shooting under cars extremely easily. similar to the Oscar which is insanely accurate even though its meant to be a joker carbine counterpart.