Sign in to follow this  
marcovrb111

Where is this engine update??????

4 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

You didn't get it yet? Weird, I got mine months ago.

Mine just came in the mail

Me to waiting so long for it.

Hope it will come and bring new content and ban all cheaters from the game.

I think 50 : 50  that new engine come or not.

So long try have fun in the game i know is hard with all this cheaters and forum trolls.

• Like 1

we waiting something new with my cat since 2010 but nothing happened. thanks mr scott and every c0der
241628087_1049136045891181_6712141038830

• Like 1

Almost a month without update.They remove the threat hopin more players to join even if is for a bit.Are they planin to shut down the game?Just cross my mind

ok just got updated anyway

Edited by AlienTM

Matt is on the topic of engine upgrades. Now the development team is making version 2.0 AGAIN. They do not rely on version 2 running on consoles. If you are interested in the topic of updating the engine, read the forum dedicated to this topic.

2 hours ago, SHEMER said:

Now the development team is making version 2.0 AGAIN

Yup wich means months and months(probably a year)till final release.If we r lucky-maybe till end of this year will be able to test social and asylum.Who knows what kinda of work must be done for the big maps and what else gonna pop up.So i dont see this final release before spring 2022.Before that is not realistic from what ive seen like info..

40 minutes ago, AlienTM said:

Yup wich means months and months(probably a year)till final release.If we r lucky-maybe till end of this year will be able to test social and asylum.Who knows what kinda of work must be done for the big maps and what else gonna pop up.So i dont see this final release before spring 2022.Before that is not realistic from what ive seen like info..

Engine upgrade is supposedly just a performance upgrade. Or perhaps will have slightly nicer shaders. Its still using basically the same assets as regular APB I believe. Not even sure if particles like explosions will look any different tbh.

The game only needs a bit of love to make it a functional arcade shooter. My advice from game design perspective, my experience being jackshit and piss all, would be to not add any new contacts because those will only serve as a golden carrot to chase after. Then you will find that your players quickly get bored of their new toys. Instead just focus on making the game playable as #1 priority, ban cheaters, then fix matchmaking. Its incredibly boring for veterans to press K and then be matched against players who put up no fight. Let me be a juggernaut who is matched 1v2 against silvers at the bare minimum. APB players and devs should look at some original APB marketing strategy like this 

After all that. and only after, you would then look into making the existing content less awful, I actually noticed some good changes made by LO which is the addition of Armas clothing in the regular clothing booth, but it still suffers from the tedious problem of requiring joker tickets. Nobody wants to farm a second currency, those clothes should literally just cost $APB and then be unlocked through contacts like all the other clothing. Things like joker tickets just confuses players, its unintuitive and unnecessary. Hell, if you want to make a new contact, make an Asylum and Baylan contact (theres already two in Asylum but they doesn't do anything) and have it offer to unlock those fancy clothes. Then the other glaring issue with APB, the core being progression/acquiring cool stuff in a realistic time frame or it being locked behind Armas or soft-locked behind jokertickets, would be the game, mission, cars, etc, balance and weapon balance.

When considering to add new content, do not go mad and try and make a 3rd mission district/map (of course they are not doing that since it would be a massive project, but it would be a really bad idea regardless). You have to fix the game before doing anything remotely new. Hopefully engine upgrade actually addresses bugs like grenades falling through the floor/world.

Edited by FakeBungo
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this