Hexerin

Haven't seen this many blatant cheaters on Jericho in a long time

If only MattScott actually cared about this game and its playerbase, and would assign some ingame moderation.

• Like 3

Yea, its real bad now. I think the hackers threatened him or LO, hijacked their database, or have actually infiltrated the Company itself. Its all blatants now, even the closet hackers have left.

You Reap What You Sew. All they had to do was prioritize anticheat tech, instead of shit canning all anticheats n making name shaming a worse offense than blatant hacking, then releasing all of em on the few legits we had left by Desegregation. 

If you want a larger pop, You bann the hackers that ran off all the players, not attack the few legits ya had left by letting the hackers loose. 

I imagine they will go out of business or if we are lucky sell it to a reputable business, within the year. 

Its a good thing though, there are other things in life outside of apb, or so I've heard.

I guess its all over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really need to log in to see if this is true or if its a bunch of bs lol. It's been a while since I've played, but it's been over a year since I've seen anyone questionable....

• Like 1

i'm surprised no one bans people for "name shaming" matt

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I really need to log in to see if this is true or if its a bunch of bs lol. It's been a while since I've played, but it's been over a year since I've seen anyone questionable....

There are 3 or 4 blatant cheaters on NA, although I'm not sure if all of them cheat or if they share accounts. LO don't care, or more likely, their support staff ignore all reports due to the lower skill players reporting everyone. It's near impossible to get evidence of someone cheating without recording the cheaters perspective, but when they live stream on twitch with an aimbot and nothing happens for years I doubt LO give a damn.

Out of all the sweaty tryhards , its very few who is actually skilled vs Macro users.

Skilled ones hate farming on low threats vs macro abusers and closet cheaters who  love it.
LO dont give a crap on Macro, nor give a crap on closet cheaters  so cheers for the allowing the sweaty tryhards to farm low threats with no barriers - real power move there.

I mean this would eliminate the chance of new players staying. The  low threats playing the game for about 1 to 2 matches till they realise every first or 2nd mission is gonna be a macro abuser versing them lol.

But LO , you will get the occasional newbies who still thinks there is hope (delusion)  and can improve their skills as  they are still not aware that the half of the opponents they  face will be a cheater or a macro abuser.
I guess about 1/10 or 10% of these new players have a chance of staying - again real power move there.

Edited by Dead_Game

3 minutes ago, Dead_Game said:

Out of all the sweaty tryhards , its very few who is actually skilled vs Macro users.

Skilled ones hate farming on low threats vs macro abusers and closet cheaters who  love it.
LO dont give a crap on Macro, nor give a crap on closet cheaters  so cheers for the allowing the sweaty tryhards to farm low threats with no barriers - real power move there.

I mean this would eliminate the chance of new players staying. The  low threats playing the game for about 1 to 2 matches till they realise every first or 2nd mission is gonna be a macro abuser versing them lol.

But LO , you will get the occasional newbies who still thinks there is hope (delusion)  and can improve their skills as  they are still not aware that the half of the opponents they  face will be a cheater or a maco abuser.
I guess about 1/10 or 10% of these new players have a chance of staying - again real power move there.

When you say macro, what do you mean?

40 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

When you say macro, what do you mean?

Anything software or hardware based assist to overcome human click speed - based on apb - shooting.

I am sure you already know that. 
Defenses thrown out there are the  "fire rate mismatch " , "hit register", etc . The abusers are well aware of the primary and secondary they use to avoid  all that hinderance  😄 

13 minutes ago, Dead_Game said:

Anything software or hardware based assist to overcome human click speed - based on apb - shooting.

I am sure you already know that. 
Defenses thrown out there are the  "fire rate mismatch " , "hit register", etc . The abusers are well aware of the primary and secondary they use to avoid  all that hinderance  😄 

Yeah but what would overcoming "human click speed" even do? 

It's not like you can make guns fire faster. 

• Like 1

It's seemed fine to me and I've actually been playing NA quite a bit lately, imagine that

34 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Same logical question, what would aimbot do ? what do you think ? lol  and what is the point of playing if you are not versing a human at that point , why not make this game a pve, where it is  just human vs npc where  npc will be  aimbotting against you. At least you can avoid the " trash talk" afterwards   and actually get good  since you are not  facing the different version of cheaters out there 😉 

16 minutes ago, Acornie said:

It's seemed fine to me and I've actually been playing NA quite a bit lately, imagine that

I mean the active times in Jericho when threat restrictions  on districts were there   , at most 2 districts were active  , one being the silver and one being bronze. Sure can imagine 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dead_Game said:

~snip~ 

Oh yeah it's definitely cheating, I just wasn't sure if you meant something else. 

On 9/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, porcupine_omg said:

Silvers have been exposed to humans with normal motor skills. This is to be expected, carry on.

Lmao
100% this

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh yeah it's definitely cheating, I just wasn't sure if you meant something else. 

Using a macro is cheating , but then we have the games that allows it like most MOBAs vs APB , which the actual anti-cheat is flawed to detect any macros overall.
Anyways this is my share of this brilliant idea for removing threat restrictions on all mission districts in order to save JERICHO , but  this is more likely gonna kill the pop even further 😄.

Unless LO is trying to top the RIOT BR mode decision with this, then it is awesome. 

On 9/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, MACKxBOLAN said:

I think the hackers threatened him or LO, hijacked their database, or have actually infiltrated the Company itself.

It is much simpler than that. A game with 200 players, most of which cheater. Guess what happens if they ban those. You get even dead-er game. 

On 9/6/2021 at 11:55 AM, CookiePuss said:

Even if they use a macro that rapid fires their bloom would be insane.  People blame "macros" without knowing what they are or how they interact with APB.

Rapid Fire Macros would be amazing if you could easily configure the optimal rate of fire and keep bloom minimized... but you can't.  With the latency between the players PC, internet, and servers, you will never hit optimal ROF and a perfectly tuned macro would end up skipping shots.  The only way to get optimal ROF/Bloom is to have a triggerbot limit the ROF while you swing your mouse over a target.  That way a script is controlling the ROF and not a simple rapid fire macro which will either skip shots or fire so fast max bloom will be reached as fast as possible.

5 hours ago, illgot said:

Even if they use a macro that rapid fires their bloom would be insane.  People blame "macros" without knowing what they are or how they interact with APB.

Rapid Fire Macros would be amazing if you could easily configure the optimal rate of fire and keep bloom minimized... but you can't.  With the latency between the players PC, internet, and servers, you will never hit optimal ROF and a perfectly tuned macro would end up skipping shots.  The only way to get optimal ROF/Bloom is to have a triggerbot limit the ROF while you swing your mouse over a target.  That way a script is controlling the ROF and not a simple rapid fire macro which will either skip shots or fire so fast max bloom will be reached as fast as possible.

as much as i think people overestimate how many macro users there are, theres no denying that its incredibly easy these days to set up some relatively complex macros

the "minimal bloom/maximum accuracy" macro youve described is something that can be created in about 10 minutes (plus ingame fine testing) right out of the box with at least half the gaming mice available for purchase atm

12 hours ago, glaciers said:

right out of the box with at least half the gaming mice available for purchase atm

Not to mention that with most of those, the macro can be configured to be stored on the hardware (rather than being run from the software), which makes it next to impossible for anti-cheat to detect. Which is ultimately the selling point of FairFight, as it allows for server-side data collection that can expose such macros. Course, that requires manual effort from a person to comb over the flagged data, which is why FairFight never actually did anything of value in APB.

Edited by Hexerin

On 9/9/2021 at 1:31 AM, illgot said:

A rapid fire macro can fix ghost shots if you tap fire semi-auto weapons. It sends multiple clicks so if you ghost shot, the next few rapid shots will fire the real shot.

Rather than banning macros, they need to reduce the need for them. The servers need to run at a stable tickrate, and there needs to be action queuing for shooting. It only needs to be 10ms or so, just enough to fix the desync between client and server.

19 hours ago, glaciers said:

as much as i think people overestimate how many macro users there are, theres no denying that its incredibly easy these days to set up some relatively complex macros

the "minimal bloom/maximum accuracy" macro youve described is something that can be created in about 10 minutes (plus ingame fine testing) right out of the box with at least half the gaming mice available for purchase atm

These anticheat companies block you from playing if you have a Bloody mouse, but they allow every other gaming mouse with hardware level macro support. I don't want them blocking any mice, because it's stupid easy to get around with a custom driver. They're only blocking legit players who won't use such a workaround.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:37 PM, SquirrelFace said:

A rapid fire macro can fix ghost shots if you tap fire semi-auto weapons. It sends multiple clicks so if you ghost shot, the next few rapid shots will fire the real shot.

Rather than banning macros, they need to reduce the need for them. The servers need to run at a stable tickrate, and there needs to be action queuing for shooting. It only needs to be 10ms or so, just enough to fix the desync between client and server.

These anticheat companies block you from playing if you have a Bloody mouse, but they allow every other gaming mouse with hardware level macro support. I don't want them blocking any mice, because it's stupid easy to get around with a custom driver. They're only blocking legit players who won't use such a workaround.

if i tap fire a fast weapon like smg/lmg i hear 2 shots every single time, even though it fires 1 shot, so mindfucky. those aren't neccessarily ghost shots. but what i see more often with the game's recent bad server performance is shots doing damage but not giving me a hitmarker, that can be even more annoying than a regular ghost shot.

On 9/6/2021 at 4:11 PM, Dead_Game said:

And in which way exactly does a macro give you any advantages?