Sign in to follow this  
LUST

Merging Accounts...

will this boost my post count

3 hours ago, iodyne_ said:

@lixil

When will this merge happen? Will we be merged to our oldest account or newest?

I know posting private messages in public is not allowed but I feel like this one is fine since this is not done in a personal attack way, Lixil is likely going to answer the questions anyway, and multiple people have gotten the same message in a formal form.

2 hours ago, Lixil said:

You can only have one forum account as written on forum rules.

@Captain Teemo if you're going to coffee shops I will make sure to confirm which accounts are yours.

Excuse me while I challenge this reply. This doesn't answer any questions previously asked or even acknowledge the fact that "having multiple game accounts pretty much equals to, nearly by default, multiple forum accounts". Seems like you are approaching this on a case-by-case basis on problematic or special users.

Back to square one on trying to discuss a change, here we go...

• What is the point of merging accounts?
  • What does it solve?
  • Who thought of this?
  • Why do this?
  • At what point does this unpracticed/undiscussed "implementation" process impact game decision s?
  • Where else is this even used or even later considered (for older locations)?
  • Why not just completely separate the Forums from Game Accounts then (if they aren't already)?
  • Merging data is never perfect, is there no consideration on the impact on game accounts?
  • Is this case-by-case?

@iodyne_

• Will they be merged to the oldest account?
  • Will posts and upvotes be merged?

@NotZombieBiscuit

• If I can't log in to this account with the merged logins can't I just make another forum account with those previous logins, which defeats the entire purpose of merging forum accounts in the first place?
  • What if there are suggested accounts that are not mine? Can you really base this off an honor system?

@MrsHappyPenguin

• How are separate accounts detected?

@Captain Teemo

• What point should we be concerned about our privacy?
  • Isn't it easier to resolve the issue that may have caused this?

Thanks

Edited by LUST
Zombie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm just waiting for the list of my accounts that will obviously be missing a few and likely even include accounts that are not mine. Or something to go wrong with the merge.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

is this actually a thing?

id kind of like my accounts merged, but only if everything merges

What is the point of merging accounts?

These aren't APB only forums, it is for all games under GamersFirst. While you may have as many accounts you want on GamersFirst side that's not the case on the forums. Forums are limited to one account per player.

What does it solve?

Fewer names are taken, less moderation and less hunting on our side.

Who thought of this?

Our team agreed this was the best way to go.

Why do this?

This question has been answered above.

At what point does this unpracticed/undiscussed "implementation" process impact game decision?

This is a decision for forums only.

Where else is this even used or even later considered (for older locations)?

Why not just completely separate the Forums from Game Accounts then (if they aren't already)

The accounts are separate. You just use the same login information for everything. To explain properly, if you were banned in-game that ban does not carry over to the forums, and vice versa. 

Merging data is never perfect, is there no consideration on the impact on game accounts?

It's for forums only. It has nothing to do with the game. Also I've already done few merges.

Is this case-by-case?

I reach out to players who have multiple accounts and they get to choose which account they want to have as main. I did put a hold on this until tomorrow (I am sick at the moment) so that all data is covered.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I understand what they want to do, but if you have multiple accounts and you use a VPN for each different account, they will never be able to detect it so ...

3 minutes ago, Unreal said:

I understand what they want to do, but if you have multiple accounts and you use a VPN for each different account, they will never be able to detect it so ...

seems like a lot of effort just to shitpost

11 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

seems like a lot of effort just to shitpost

*glances at ZombieBiscuit* 

29 minutes ago, Lixil said:

I did put a hold on this until tomorrow (I am sick at the moment) so that all data is covered.

Sorry to hear that, rest and get well. This stuff can wait.

13 minutes ago, ChellyBean said:

*glances at ZombieBiscuit* 

What I do?

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What I do?

shitpost

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

shitpost

Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was America.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was America.

now you’re just posting shit

41 minutes ago, Lixil said:

These aren't APB only forums, it is for all games under GamersFirst. While you may have as many accounts you want on GamersFirst side that's not the case on the forums. Forums are limited to one account per player.

What does it solve?

Fewer names are taken, less moderation and less hunting on our side.

Who thought of this?

Our team agreed this was the best way to go.

Why do this?

This question has been answered above.

At what point does this unpracticed/undiscussed "implementation" process impact game decision?

Why not just completely separate the Forums from Game Accounts then (if they aren't already)

The accounts are separate. You just use the same login information for everything. To explain properly, if you were banned in-game that ban does not carry over to the forums, and vice versa. 

Merging data is never perfect, is there no consideration on the impact on game accounts?

It's for forums only. It has nothing to do with the game. Also I've already done few merges.

Is this case-by-case?

I reach out to players who have multiple accounts and they get to choose which account they want to have as main. I did put a hold on this until tomorrow (I am sick at the moment) so that all data is covered.

Myself and My wife both play the game, and she doesn't use the forum much, but this doesn't mean you're going to think her account is mine does it? We have the same IP.

So like really question is how do you know people aren't just living together?

5 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

But anyone can create new accounts if you "hunt them down".

Do you really want to have your forum start being tied to a real id or maybe hwid? I mean they could do the real id requirement for all accounts.

2 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Do you really want to have your forum start being tied to a real id or maybe hwid? I mean they could do the real id requirement for all accounts.

Real id? Anyone could use multiple ids...

21 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Sorry to hear that, rest and get well. This stuff can wait.

Thank you, fortunately I'm getting better.

11 minutes ago, CrunkGirl said:

Myself and My wife both play the game, and she doesn't use the forum much, but this doesn't mean you're going to think her account is mine does it? We have the same IP.

That is the reason why I go case by case 🙂

Anyhow, I don't want to be forced to close a thread because certain players are spamming. Can we keep spamming to mininum?

I wouldn't mind having my 2 extraneous game accounts merged into my main, if that's an option lol.

Seems silly to merge forum accounts though because of how this game behaves with the login and forum.

3 hours ago, Lixil said:

• These aren't APB only forums, it is for all games under GamersFirst. While you may have as many accounts you want on GamersFirst side that's not the case on the forums. Forums are limited to one account per player.

What does it solve?

• Fewer names are taken, less moderation and less hunting on our side.

Who thought of this?

• Our team agreed this was the best way to go.

Why do this?

• This question has been answered above.

• This is a decision for forums only.

• This is a decision for forums only.

• The accounts are separate. You just use the same login information for everything. To explain properly, if you were banned in-game that ban does not carry over to the forums, and vice versa. 

• It's for forums only. It has nothing to do with the game. Also I've already done few merges.

Is this case-by-case?

• I reach out to players who have multiple accounts and they get to choose which account they want to have as main. I did put a hold on this until tomorrow (I am sick at the moment) so that all data is covered.

Thanks, @Lixil. Much appreciated. 🙂

I hope to see the remaining questions answered for the rest of the folks when you get better.

5 hours ago, LUST said:

@iodyne_

• Will they be merged to the oldest account?
  • Will posts and upvotes be merged?

@NotZombieBiscuit

• If I can't log in to this account with the merged logins can't I just make another forum account with those previous logins, which defeats the entire purpose of merging forum accounts in the first place?
  • What if there are suggested accounts that are not mine? Can you really base this off an honor system?

@MrsHappyPenguin

• How are separate accounts detected?

@Captain Teemo

• What point should we be concerned about our privacy?
  • Isn't it easier to resolve the issue that may have caused this? 

11 hours ago, Lixil said:

That is the reason why I go case by case 🙂

Seems to me it takes a lot of effort then to do that, even if there would only be a thousand of accounts to do it with.

Plus imo it will solve the problems you mentioned above for a short period of time, since making accounts is free and people will just do it anyway, even if you decide to merge accounts without their constent if needed. (Cause not everyone will cooperate its a given)

13 hours ago, CrunkGirl said:

13 hours ago, Lixil said:

Is this case-by-case?

I reach out to players who have multiple accounts

I'm assuming you cant read and missed this part completely, she answered your question here

she will contact you, and at that point you should tell her, "Myself and My wife both play the game, and she doesn't use the forum much, but this doesn't mean you're going to think her account is mine does it? We have the same IP."

she will probably so OK or something and not touch the accounts of yours

Edited by ShaiShai
fix

On 6/19/2018 at 8:36 PM, CrunkGirl said:

Same goes for me.

PM'd lixil to tell her which were mine. (I have 3 cause of Mod20 hating me.)

Honestly will save me some grief, since I was worried that Tempz would be mistaken for being me cause of the same IP.

This way I don't gotta worry about my account being effected by his reroll/throwaways.

Ofc....anyone could just use a VPN...

Edited by iodyne_

Sign in to follow this