R3ACT3M

Connection from NA to EU

Anyone got any tricks to help their connection over seas?

130ms seems to be the average I hit when I connect to EU servers from here in America

Edit:

been playing EU and have gotten more used to the 130 average ping.

Edited by R3ACT3M
  • Like 1

130ms is perfectly playable once you get used.

Driving sucks but you get used to that too.

Greetings from the land of the permanent +170ms

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Anyone got any tricks to help their connection over seas?

130ms seems to be the average I hit when I connect to EU servers from here in America

I've been getting about the same ms from here in the Midwest. 

On 9/2/2021 at 7:41 AM, Gusvato3080 said:

130ms is perfectly playable once you get used.

Driving sucks but you get used to that too.

Greetings from the land of the permanent +170ms

Yea a friend donated the holy quadrinity of weapon mods, and I noticed my ability to perform went up

On 9/2/2021 at 7:38 AM, LilyRain said:

If ExitLag doesn't improve it then it is the best it can be.

will look into it

• Like 1

130ms is in the neighborhood of what I get to Jericho's East servers. It has no effect on gameplay while I'm on foot (the overwhelming majority of gameplay), but there is a noticeable sluggishness (small tho it may be) when driving a vehicle. Overall, your gameplay should not suffer to any actual significant degree from the slightly higher than usual latency.

If you're noticing bigger problems, it's probably one of the various other factors that can impact your connection, with the most obvious thing being "are you suffering any packet loss?" A good tool to use for getting actual results on that would be this one, attempt tests with at least 3-4 of the presets to get a more complete picture of things. The ingame /fps display no longer gives accurate stats, and hasn't for many, many years. Tools found elsewhere like that are your best bet.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

130ms is in the neighborhood of what I get to Jericho's East servers. It has no effect on gameplay while I'm on foot (the overwhelming majority of gameplay), but there is a noticeable sluggishness (small tho it may be) when driving a vehicle. Overall, your gameplay should not suffer to any actual significant degree from the slightly higher than usual latency.

If you're noticing bigger problems, it's probably one of the various other factors that can impact your connection, with the most obvious thing being "are you suffering any packet loss?" A good tool to use for getting actual results on that would be this one, attempt tests with at least 3-4 of the presets to get a more complete picture of things. The ingame /fps display no longer gives accurate stats, and hasn't for many, many years. Tools found elsewhere like that are your best bet.

130ms is a huge disadvantage in gun play (even if everything else is running smoothly). but average player won't notice it enough to matter too much.

Not much you can do about it; ExitLag does try to make better routes for you but its often not working or helping people and just adds extra hops towards the server which may increase latency again.

130ms to the US is absolutely good though. It's based on distance that you cannot control.