SKay

The APB: Reloaded Community Global Tourney - Announcement and Registration

4 minutes ago, SKay said:

It will be a coin flip to see who goes on what server first. The idea is that we have at least one game played on each server, if possible, to even things out.

Also I didn't say anything about it being EU only.

Please don't spread misinformation.

The T-25 exists. The fact that people disregard it shows how set in stone the meta is.

To answer the questions:

1. There will be a flip-flop. One match will be crims, the other enforcers, to be as fair as possible

2. Both players should change when they can, within reason obviously. They should not go into combat with the same category weapons. I'll do my best to keep an eye on things as best I can.

3. I can't answer that I'm afraid. 😞

Was never stated that a coin toss will determine what server to go on. It says that it will determine who's attacking or defending.

Also, if this is going to be for all servers. That's just really bad imo. I dont have character on NA with mods or anything. I bet NA players dont have EU characters with mods, etc aswell.

It should just be split one tournament for EU and one for NA.

Agreed with ExoticZ - I just realized that you wanted us to have matches in EU and NA, I don't even have an NA character and even if I made one, I wouldn't have the money to pick the weapons I'd want for that playtime. 

1 hour ago, ExoticZ said:

It should just be split one tournament for EU and one for NA.

Definitely agree with this. There's too many issues in trying to unify two regions in one tournament

I believe a more fair encounter would occur with designated weapons prior to the match without the ability to change them mid game, therefore creating roles and players playing around them, also secondaries could be up to the player to suit his needs. That's just my opinion, i think it's more fair this way for everyone.

Edited by GavidaR

I don't know how this is going to work out there is still a few cheaters around. Some even caught on stream after battle eye would they be banned from the tournament? Or would this event be after the first ban wave?

The EU and NA matches should be separate since it will never be fair for either side.

1 hour ago, Nev said:

I don't know how this is going to work out there is still a few cheaters around. Some even caught on stream after battle eye would they be banned from the tournament? Or would this event be after the first ban wave?

Just monitoring the players would be the best thing possible. There isn't too many cheaters, but you might not be wrong that people would cheat for the reason to win the premium. So the tourney would be a good way to... catch hackers?

First off I have to say that I really like the idea. 

Secondly.. I'd be lying if I said there weren't some major issues here. Your list of banned items is hard to read, and the reasoning seems arbitrary at best at times. Following that up you've got a massive problem where a huge chunk of the community may not be able to participate. Finally rounding it all up you are hinging your prizes off the gifting system coming back in time. I'd definitely have a backup ready to go on the off-chance it doesn't pan out for whatever crazy reason.

Again, I like the idea. I hope you can make it work. I just feel like there are a lot of problems that weren't addressed before this was thrown out into the wild. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genobee said:

First off I have to say that I really like the idea. 

Secondly.. I'd be lying if I said there weren't some major issues here. Your list of banned items is hard to read, and the reasoning seems arbitrary at best at times. Following that up you've got a massive problem where a huge chunk of the community may not be able to participate. Finally rounding it all up you are hinging your prizes off the gifting system coming back in time. I'd definitely have a backup ready to go on the off-chance it doesn't pan out for whatever crazy reason.

Again, I like the idea. I hope you can make it work. I just feel like there are a lot of problems that weren't addressed before this was thrown out into the wild. 

Hi Genobee, long time no chat

I've already accepted that there's going to be huge problems with this system, chiefly because people would disagree with a point or another (which is fine). Unfortunately I didn't get much response, and people had started to ask about signups. I was hoping for more signups but as of right now it seems to be slowly falling over. However even if the event fails to materialize, I'll go back to the drawing board and propose some better, more thought out, and multiple rulesets for people to deliberate on.

On the point of the gifting system, that's something @MattScott would have to answer on. I'm hoping it'll be back before the tournament ends, but if it happens that I have to do a backup, I've got two alternative methods lined up ready to go.

Hopefully these answer your concerns.

58 minutes ago, F0E said:

No nzev prizes? FUCK THIS

Dood I tried my best to get that hookup yeknow. Pounded the pavement looking for spicy themes, didn't get any 😞

Hey Skay =D

Glad to see Community Events are still going on  =D

Let me know if you need any help... I've had an itch to start working on events again.   

• Like 1

why is the pmg not banned

Edited by tarma

I think logic is banned.

Instead of making a list of weapons, leading to all that confusion, maybe should assign specific guns per team, same for all teams.

Either way, it's too restrictive for most people but I do hope that participants will truly enjoy the event.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 4:25 PM, freq said:

Definitely agree with this. There's too many issues in trying to unify two regions in one tournament

a lot of english errors in his segment, but I most def agree bro!!

@SKay So just to clear up, if a HAN team and a NA team were to fight, we'd have characters in both regions, would we have the same legal loadouts as our main character? So like my HAN loadout would be the same in NA?

Tournament for 9 teams, sounds like a joke. Mb that's enough reason for understand, these rules r shit

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

Make more time to sign in cause 9 teams across 3 servers seems like a decent tournament right now.

even if we will wait 1 month, it will be still 10-12 teams, cuz no1 wants to play with these rules. And tournaments should be for 1 server, some ppl have 250 ping on NA and 300 on Han, how they will play without anything with high ping?

4 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

SKay said that it will be seperate for each servers..

and without some of these rules people would gladly come in.

Competitive community already have rules (1 for russinas and 1 for others) but no, he will use unbalanced rules with lot of OP weapons, and also 3v3 missions stupid af. Soon will be 4v4 tournament from russian guy and i swear there will be more teams

Edited by DiSkage

What was the problem of collecting the captains of potential tournament participants and discussing the rules together?

5 hours ago, Kixa said:

What was the problem of collecting the captains of potential tournament participants and discussing the rules together?

Its not Innova, where everyone wanted to play fair without OP weapons, even if we all will be in ts/discord we will not make good rules anyway, did u see good players on this tournaments exept few russian teams? im not, so just imagine what this silvers want to use

• Like 1

lol the rules on this sux patootie. based on the banned weapons this guy wants an ntec vs shotgun battle?

Edit: get out the true ogres, this is going to be savage!

Edited by NyanPowa