SKay

The APB: Reloaded Community Global Tourney - Announcement and Registration

NepnqGS.png

It's you and your mates against the world. Will you survive?

What is the APB Tourney?

The APB Tourney is a community organized event that will bring teams of three against each other. It will follow an e-Sports style system where a winner and loser bracket will be present (double elimination). It embraces the internally organized pug events that the likes of WASP and others have used over the years, and extended the invite to all who play the game. That's right, you, the reader are invited to participate. However this thread is about consulting what rules and regulations will be governing this tourney. Because having rules means we'll have fun. All of us.

EDIT: 

What prizes are there?

Seeing as I'm trying to give incentives, the prizes will come out of my own pocket. Subject to the gifting system coming back online, the prizes are:

1st place: Premium (6 months) for each player.

2nd place: Premium (3 months) for each player.

3rd place: Premium (1 month) for each player. 

This all comes out to 200 Euro worth of prizes.

What rules are going to be governed by the tourney?

Simple to follow rules, that's what. Having complicated, vague rules makes people be skeptical that an organized event be... well, fun. Below are the current draft of rules that will change depending on what the community wants.

Here are the current set of rules:

General Rules:

• All rivalries are to be left at the door. Respect the other teams.
  • All players must form into teams of three, with a designated team lead for results gathering, issue tracking and feedback.
  • At least one player per team (the team lead) is obliged to keep track of match results, match scheduling and match call-up. When a match is scheduled, discuss with the other team lead to determine server and optimal time to perform the match.
  • All players must be on the Discord linked here: https://discord.gg/0vvD5JMX2TmDiM8y. You are allowed to communicate using the VoIP solution of your choice, however we need to have you all there to assign teams and keep you up to date with what's going on.
  • Do not glitch or otherwise force the result of a match by glitching or griefing any item. Doing so will result in an immediate disqualification.
  • The tourney will be split to Best of 3 and Best of 5 matches. Best of 3 for the play-offs, Best of 5 for the quarters, semi's and Finals.
  • At the start of each match, a coin toss will be performed to determine who is going to be attacking or defending.

Rules of Engagement:

• Any weapon/vehicle/mod/equipment that is marked on the banned weapons list must not be used. They're banned as they are considered unfair due to various reasons. The inverse is also true; any weapon/vehicle/mod/equipment not banned is 100% OK to be used. Any question on specifics, please ask myself.
  • Under no circumstance should the banned items be equipped and used. Doing so will equate to an immediate disqualification.
  • Each player must have a primary weapon, whose category placement is unique in the team. In other words; each player must not have a weapon that is in the same category as another player on their team.

To outline an example;

Having a player with an NTEC, a player with an OCA and a player with a CR762 is fine.
    Having a player with an NTEC and a player with another NTEC is not fine.

• There is to be only one Spotter Modification per team. Using tagger Weapon Modification as a stack is fine, however no stacking of spotter.
  • The rules of engagement is subject to change. Please keep a track on any changes to the rules of engagement.

Banned Weapons/Vehicles/Equipment:

Weapons:

• Any weapon that falls into the High Velocity Rifle category.

I know this is going to rustle feathers, but the 

• Any OCA-626, or reskin of the OCA-626 (primary) that has modifications on it. A stock OCA-626, or reskin without mods is fine
  • Fireworks Launcher/Flare Launcher
  • Mountie 'Yukon'

Until it's fixed, it's sitting this one out.

• Any weapon that falls into the Less than Lethal category (primary and secondary)

While I didn't personally want this (LTL is fun and it's also difficult to do correctly) PIG + Any other LTL throws this out the window. Plus this is a pew pew. Not a stun stun.
  • Any weapons that fall under the explosives category

Because 140m OSMAW's are the worst.

Grenades:

• Low-Yield Fragmentation Grenades

Sorry, I use them daily, and even I have issues with them. Spam ability being one of them

• Percussion Grenades

I know this will be controversial, but having panic perc's is not on the controversial list; people dislike it

• Stun Grenades

LTL is out of the tournament, thus Stun nades are as well

Vehicles:

• Seiyo Espacio (any variant)
  • Nulander Pioneer (any variant)
  • Patriot Vegas (any variant)
  • Patriot Vegas 4x4 (any variant)
  • Han CoyWolf 4x4 (any variant)

It's torque overcomes the VIP torque deficit penalty

Equipment:

• Consumables (any variant)

Yellow mods in other words

• Remote Detonator
  • Display Banner

Modifications:

• As long as no other rule above is violated (Rules of Engagement or otherwise), all modifications are allowed.

Where do I sign up?!

You can sign up here: https://www.toornament.com/tournaments/1504676404951089152/information

Registration goes on until the 24th of June, 20:00 PST, with the games starting the week after.

Hey, I'm gunna stream it! Can I be added to the list of streamers?

Sure! PM me after you create the team, with team name and your twitch stream, and I'll add it 🙂

What Discord am I to join?

You can join the Community APB Discord: https://discord.gg/0vvD5JMX2TmDiM8y, PM me once you make your team.

This ruleset has been essentially copied from the tourney rules that @Kempington and @Vanille created with tweaks, so I'd like to thank them now for the suggestions as a base for this tourney.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

See you on the Battlefield!
SKay

Edited by SKay
  • Like 2

There's so many nuances with this its just silly and the reasoning is even dumber for anyone to even participate in.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Hordeau said:

There's so many nuances with this its just silly and the reasoning is even dumber for anyone to even participate in.

don't be a silly noob

What cars are you supposed to use? a 1 nade bishada or Jericho? Good rule set bud

• Like 3

I propose this be renamed "THE APB: RELOADED COMMUNITY GLOBAL TOURNEY (where we had to ban a shit ton of stuff so people wouldnt QQ)"

... would be both more honest and more accurate

• Like 3

Self-bump:

I forgot to port over the prizes that I had decided on. They're now added in.

9 minutes ago, SKay said:

Self-bump:

I forgot to port over the prizes that I had decided on. They're now added in.

Im dissapointed in you.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Im dissapointed in you.

I've blasphemed. Forgive me for I have sinned 😞

2 minutes ago, SKay said:

I've blasphemed. Forgive me for I have sinned 😞

I can forgive you if you delete the thread and tournament.

Is the gifting system coming back? I wanted to give armas stuff as a prize for one of my events but I thought it was gone for good. Good luck with this though it sounds epic.

Alright, so I can see the same problem that Kemp and I faced last time. People are upset because they can't use their normal loadouts. I just wanna make clear that the original ruleset we've made some time ago wasn't just us banning everything we dislike. It took hours of discussing every possible weapon and gear combination as well as consulting a vast amount of players to make these restrictions. You don't have to agree with the result, but don't come here to post useless garbage please.

APB has a alot of imbalanced things, not just weapons may I add. However not everything is banned, the OSCAR as a weapon example. If LO delivers on that competitive mode they've talked about, I'm sure there will be changes made. However, until that happens the community has to ban things themselves. We thought this ruleset is fair and not too restricting and SKay has re-used/tweaked it to give competitive APB another shot , if you do not agree you don't have to play, if you want different rules, feel free to make your own tournament.

Edited by Vanille
  • Like 4

Is this only for European players?

Edited by hotbot

1 hour ago, hotbot said:

Is this only for European players?

No, this is for all players.

9 hours ago, Vanille said:

Alright, so I can see the same problem that Kemp and I faced last time. People are upset because they can't use their normal loadouts. I just wanna make clear that the original ruleset we've made some time ago wasn't just us banning everything we dislike. It took hours of discussing every possible weapon and gear combination as well as consulting a vast amount of players to make these restrictions. You don't have to agree with the result, but don't come here to post useless garbage please.

APB has a alot of imbalanced things, not just weapons may I add. However not everything is banned, the OSCAR as a weapon example. If LO delivers on that competitive mode they've talked about, I'm sure there will be changes made. However, until that happens the community has to ban things themselves. We thought this ruleset is fair and not too restricting and SKay has re-used/tweaked it to give competitive APB another shot , if you do not agree you don't have to play, if you want different rules, feel free to make your own tournament.

The bans are all fair, although I'd like to see justification for the normal Vegas ban. Oscar, PMG, and explosive weapons are the only other ones I'd ban off the top of my head. Honestly I'd rather just see pure stock, no mods at all. OCA, JG, Shaw, Alig, STAR, Carbine, NTEC, Obeya, and OBIR only ideally. Jericho, Bishada, Mikro, enf jeep, and t-25/van being the viable available cars. Obviously won't go over well with most players though since you can already see people not accepting the most obvious bans.

Even though I find the whole ruleset stupid, I will just accept whatever decided rules of engagement, and drive a bishada into a conc, to prevent QQ. 

However I have some questions.

First Question

Should every team have enforcer and criminal characters, or will there be a matchmaking system to match teams up regardless of faction?

Second Question

Suppose

Player A has NTEC

Player B has OCA

Player C has Obeya Rifle

Mid game, player A wants to switch to OCA. How should we proceed? Player B unequips OCA first, then player A equips OCA???

Third Question

Will there be a banwave before the start of the tournament? Because with the current state of the game and zero battleeye bans, with all unbanned cheaters currently cheating again (as expected...) in every mission district, making the game extremely unplayable at the moment, its 150% certain that 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place teams will be cheater teams.

11 hours ago, hotbot said:

How do players from Europe face NA players?

NA will have to create characters on Citadel.

51 minutes ago, ExoticZ said:

NA will have to create characters on Citadel.

That seems a little unfair and biased but okay

4 minutes ago, hotbot said:

They will all have to create a character at Han.

Fair now? :classic_happy:

I can explain the reasoning for the ruleset in my stream. I'd like to have a discussion about this for those who are in disagreement. 

Again, if you take a look at the current meta, cars are abused to no end, alongside low yield spam and ntec/hvr stacking.

The idea of the ruleset is to promote more teamwork and critical thinking, making sure you choose the right teammate for each role.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hotbot said:

The host is the one who chose which server to have it in. It will be a disadvantage for the NA players, but that's sadly how it is.

Maybe there will be a NA tournament in the future?

I think a "Unmodded weapons only" would be a much better balance than just outright banning weapons like OCA and stuff, I'd say even allow scouts as they aren't technically that strong, neither is Anubis. 

Normal Vegas is shit compared to the 4x4 and it has enough balance to it. Also No Fireworks launcher, lool, not even just 1? it's hardly OP at all

13 hours ago, hotbot said:

How do players from Europe face NA players?

It will be a coin flip to see who goes on what server first. The idea is that we have at least one game played on each server, if possible, to even things out.

11 minutes ago, ExoticZ said:

The host is the one who chose which server to have it in. It will be a disadvantage for the NA players, but that's sadly how it is.

Maybe there will be a NA tournament in the future?

Also I didn't say anything about it being EU only.

Please don't spread misinformation.

7 hours ago, MaelstromIvy said:

Even though I find the whole ruleset stupid, I will just accept whatever decided rules of engagement, and drive a bishada into a conc, to prevent QQ. 

However I have some questions.

First Question

Should every team have enforcer and criminal characters, or will there be a matchmaking system to match teams up regardless of faction?

Second Question

Suppose

Player A has NTEC

Player B has OCA

Player C has Obeya Rifle

Mid game, player A wants to switch to OCA. How should we proceed? Player B unequips OCA first, then player A equips OCA???

Third Question

Will there be a banwave before the start of the tournament? Because with the current state of the game and zero battleeye bans, with all unbanned cheaters currently cheating again (as expected...) in every mission district, making the game extremely unplayable at the moment, its 150% certain that 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place teams will be cheater teams.

The T-25 exists. The fact that people disregard it shows how set in stone the meta is.

To answer the questions:

1. There will be a flip-flop. One match will be crims, the other enforcers, to be as fair as possible

2. Both players should change when they can, within reason obviously. They should not go into combat with the same category weapons. I'll do my best to keep an eye on things as best I can.

3. I can't answer that I'm afraid. 😞