The_Boss

No Threat Districts are a mistake

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It isn't broken, you just simply don't understand how the threat system and matchmaking actually works.

it doesn't matter how it actually works, it works wrong

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

it doesn't matter how it actually works, it works wrong

I won't disagree there. Unfortunately, with a population this small it simply can't work right either.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It isn't broken, you just simply don't understand how the threat system and matchmaking actually works.

I see you still can't read.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 7:50 PM, Queen of Love said:

Restore p5n5, so tryhard stomping can be balanced .

/solved.

p5n5 was fun but being the p5n5 yourself wasn't rewarding at all (apart from being able to kill anyone you want, but you can't really do that in the middle of a mission), basically it just meant that you got screwed over if you die at a really bad time.

Merged.

On 9/3/2021 at 12:50 AM, Raichu said:

This is a good change for low-mid golds since we have been stuck with all the best players in the game for the past year and a half with unplayable matchmaking. Perhaps we wont find ourselves in as many losing missions before they even begin now. However I can see many silvers and bronzes quitting in the near future due to this change as matchmaking will become increasingly worse for them.

the issue with matchmaking is if you are a tryhard player, and then if you are grouped up with tryhards, the likelihood of the game matching you to another tryhard premade is low, and there might not even be another one online in the opposing faction. so its not unusual for groups, even just a duo, to go on massive mission winstreaks. i think even just solo i have managed over 20 winstreak, simply because on that particular day there wasn't many good players on the opposing side, and my side had better than average players.

there should be some sort of risk reward implemented. if i had a team of 4 players with same skill as me we can probably take on 8 silvers easily (being outnumbered might be more/less difficult on particular mission stages though). but the game right now is doing something like 4 golds vs 5 silvers, 1 extra player is hardly enough and usually doesnt even matter because most matchmade teams arent coordinated at all.

one fix would be to allow the backup button to more/less always be available so that a losing side can press for backup. but there would need to be some significant drawbacks to doing so, such as heavily reduced rewards or something else.

or of course just make this extra backup only available for use every so often, so it can't be pressed every single mission. that would be more complex since the mission leader isn't the same everytime, it would have to account for if the group members received extra backup in their previous mission too.

maybe p5n5 can make a comeback, if the enemy has p5n5 then you can call for additional backup. but that could be easily avoided by the p5n5 avoiding reaching p5n5 by teamkilling or otherwise.

Edited by FakeBungo
  • Like 1

It looks like that P5 and N5 had a whole different purpose other than just being there exposed for bounty. 

All districts used to be open to all threads. Looks like P5 and N5 used to be feature for balancing reasons. For whole district to eliminate clearly superior player in the mission.

I also remember times when 1g=2s=4b. Lower threads used to be zerging golds down. Golds had a lot of kills, but they had hard times winning the mission also. 

Also B was more freely awaiable if teams werent balanced enough. Resulting in massive ridicilously fun 10v10 fights. 

I liked old matchmaking.

Districts should be open for all threads while matchmaking should be fixed. 

Current matchmaking aint bad. But its necessary for B to be more avaiable for balancing reasons..

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

It looks like that P5 and N5 had a whole different purpose other than just being there exposed for bounty. 

All districts used to be open to all threads. Looks like P5 and N5 used to be feature for balancing reasons. For whole district to eliminate clearly superior player in the mission.

except you could have done really well on the last mission but not be doing so well on the current mission and still go n5/p5, even though the teams are balanced

and a single death is more than likely not going to allow a bunch of bronzes to win a mission against gold opp anyway

19 minutes ago, glaciers said:

except you could have done really well on the last mission but not be doing so well on the current mission and still go n5/p5, even though the teams are balanced

and a single death is more than likely not going to allow a bunch of bronzes to win a mission against gold opp anyway

yea that is just one example of how its not perfect, that can be fixed by developers

On 9/1/2021 at 7:50 PM, LilyRain said:

The last time threat segregation was disabled, population counts went down the drain. Here we are for round 2.

But every coin has 2 sides. I guess it is now open season on Dethreaters again, let them get their Karma and be farmed just how they farmed the new blood to the uninstall button.

You mean "put back to normal" after gold lock?

Gold lock caused half the pop (1000 to 500) to leave in 3 months on Joker. Then it went to 400 and hovered before fluctuating and then dropping to what we have now over the next few years. With hard lock, you had silvers and bronzes who used to be "decent" I wouldn't say "great" but they at least could get a kill or two, or hit you with an hvr and give you a bad day, have their skills drop to like, brain dead levels of "inability" and I have literally no better way to say it.

It helped "protect" them sure which is great, however, it worsened dethreating, worsened overall skill level, and made the disparity between the skill levels even worse.

Merged.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:41 PM, Nuuvii said:

I'm not enjoying my time playing this game anymore, now there's ZERO chance of a new player actually sticking around when they're forced to fight gold threat max rank players who know the game inside out, and not to mention the tens of blatant cheaters who hack with impunity, I've even had a few cheaters gloat about the software they're using and they're still here. My teammates, and even I, can barely hold our own against these people, it's an uphill battle. 

On paper, it looks like a good idea, more players, faster matchmaking. In practice it's wholly broken and just accelerates the rate of which new players are dropping the game. Without Enforced threat segregation I can't see the game gaining any new players which is just the catalyst for the game's demise. What they're going to end up doing is restricting the playerbase even further and losing profits. 

Will it retain the long time players? yes, veteran players will like it. Will it retain new players? No. This change is literally like shooting yourself in the foot and expecting to run a marathon immediately afterwards.

Calm your feminine features, it's temporary, and also your analysis is bs, because the whole START of the game for a year or so under G1, the game had plenty of population and was holding/gaining fairly well until they hard locked threat stuff and it went down the drain.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

54 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You mean "put back to normal" after gold lock?

Gold lock caused half the pop (1000 to 500) to leave in 3 months on Joker. Then it went to 400 and hovered before fluctuating and then dropping to what we have now over the next few years. With hard lock, you had silvers and bronzes who used to be "decent" I wouldn't say "great" but they at least could get a kill or two, or hit you with an hvr and give you a bad day, have their skills drop to like, brain dead levels of "inability" and I have literally no better way to say it.

It helped "protect" them sure which is great, however, it worsened dethreating, worsened overall skill level, and made the disparity between the skill levels even worse.

Yes, they're put back to normal now. That's how they used to be years ago and the game was indeed much more populated back then. That massive decline had a lot of reasons behind it. Players could no longer play with their friends that can't keep up, more clans became requiring Gold status (some did before but a lot were recruiting simply to get larger and socialize better, etc). But you already know all these things well ❤️

I was referring to the lesser/smaller decline that happened a bit afterwards (which you already covered), when players saturated and settled in to the new environment of threat-locked districts. There was a point in time where threat segregation was switched off causing further decline before switching it on again. And now off again.

Edited by LilyRain
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, glaciers said:

-It is true that P,N5 was not perfect, but it was good.

-shouldnt just give the game to bronzes for free.

I think soon this game will play only golds 😃  silvers and bronzes usually quit mission in middle when they see they just wasting time in mission 😃 Some friends already quit game.............. =(

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Rivona said:

I think soon this game will play only golds 😃  silvers and bronzes usually quit mission in middle when they see they just wasting time in mission 😃 Some friends already quit game.............. =(

Can't be, gold servers were always empty 🙃

Off topic - Spotted you in social.

HxJJRHC.jpg

Edited by ElectroStingz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rivona said:

Yes Rivona it will so come we can see this alrady on Fightclub. In this plays no silver/bronse anymore. And now to play the game with Zero protection from cheaters makes no sense. 

• Like 1

I do agree with those that think it is a big mistake to remove threat-levels. I am aware of why it was done, but think it might have been better to move the entire Jericho player base to Citadel instead of removing the threat-levels. My two reasons why:

1) New players and low level players now constantly encounter high level (a.k.a. gold) players that practically wipe the floor with all of them. To begin their killing spree those high level players no longer have to "dethreat" and can start to wreak havoc as soon as they load up their game. This in turn will lead to many, many of the new players simply leaving the game after a few of those "fun" matches (and who could blame them, after all being beaten to a pulp 24/7, with little to no chance, is no fun at all). The result will be that even fewer new players will stick around and the player base will drop further...

2) This reason might be off little or no concern to those players that only play the normal APB "shoot em up" missions, but the removal of threat-districts does also impact those of us that do RP stuff (and exclusively played the "open world" side of the game) as well as those that want to make videos or run player events (like for example races). With threat districts available one could more or less judge where "open world crime" might be going on and then join that server hoping for some "cops & robbers" missions with high pursuit chases, shootouts and arrests. Now this is no longer the case as there are only a few servers that are packed with high levels killing everything left and right, The same goes for player events and making more advanced type of videos (not the gameplay ones) that work much better on less frequented servers (as the chance of interference from other, non-participating players is less likely). So for those players, like for example myself, this really, really sucks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 8:52 AM, LilyRain said:

Yes, they're put back to normal now. That's how they used to be years ago and the game was indeed much more populated back then. That massive decline had a lot of reasons behind it. Players could no longer play with their friends that can't keep up, more clans became requiring Gold status (some did before but a lot were recruiting simply to get larger and socialize better, etc). But you already know all these things well ❤️

I was referring to the lesser/smaller decline that happened a bit afterwards (which you already covered), when players saturated and settled in to the new environment of threat-locked districts. There was a point in time where threat segregation was switched off causing further decline before switching it on again. And now off again.

I was not aware of that "switch off". I know that they had "test" districts where they had shut off threat in them, however I was never aware that they had "shut it off" for any amount of time until now. I normally keep to forums, even if I don't play as much, so I'm surprised I missed something like that.

14 hours ago, Eviltara said:

Yes Rivona it will so come we can see this alrady on Fightclub. In this plays no silver/bronse anymore. And now to play the game with Zero protection from cheaters makes no sense. 

You mean the anti-cheat isn't enough? It's not like there's a lot of cheaters either, let's at least be honest here, the majority of cheaters, especially the "well known" ones, and the old cheat clans have kinda "moved on" already.  I think the last time I saw an actual cheater other than someone abusing the medium item exploit, was someone having seeming perfect location awareness but mediocre aim, and that was over a year ago lol.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 6:11 AM, glaciers said:

Honestly my grief with N5/P5 was that team mates can kill me as well. ( and I died more to other mission teammates rather than other enemies)

2 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Honestly my grief with N5/P5 was that team mates can kill me as well. ( and I died more to other mission teammates rather than other enemies)

yeah, another significant problem was the notoriety system encouraging n5/p5 players to simply kill the closest player from the same faction and vice versa, because losing or delaying n5/p5 status was more valuable than the minimal kill rewards

Its funny how all the big changes are to keep the elite players happy. The same players who wont allow new players in to their clan....  or even show them the ropes.

4 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

Its funny how all the big changes are to keep the elite players happy. The same players who wont allow new players in to their clan....  or even show them the ropes.

With segregation the elite players never even met newbs, so I'm not sure how they were supposed to show anyone the ropes.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:12 PM, Rivona said:

Sad to hear that ur friends quit.

Most of my friends left when g1 segregated... cuz our clan was splitted and we could not play together anymore (not in any balanced way at least)

This whole segregation fued up the game!

Edited by HighSociety

So my first game in a long time, teams are hideously unmatched as expected. Players quit and went AFK.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

With segregation the elite players never even met newbs, so I'm not sure how they were supposed to show anyone the ropes.

Have you ever actually played APB?  Because you sound like that mate that pretends to know about football in order to talk to people.

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Bronzes in silver district aint even rare ,but jericho has been dead so long that is normal that u have forgotten it

removing treath makes people play against eachother .... so new players wil have a hard time.

Adding treath makes people detreath to play against new players so new players wil have a hard time. 

i don't see your point at all ...