The_Boss

No Threat Districts are a mistake

6 hours ago, wigbilly69420 said:

not having threat segregation is already a billion times better because it prevents dethreating to a large degree.

no seg doesnt prevent dethreating, it simply removes the reason to dethreat - because everyone has access to lower skill players whenever they want, no dethreating required

no seg is like bandaging a stab wound without dealing with the person stabbing you

Was backup disabled? There's no backup option in a 2v2, 2 veteran golds vs 1 gold 1 silver.

9 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

Was backup disabled? There's no backup option in a 2v2, 2 veteran golds vs 1 gold 1 silver.

When i played yesterday it was more like 3 silv cops vs 2 gold crims with laser-acuracy (x2 N-Tec5), or 3silv cops vs 3 gold crims, or 2 silv vs 2 golds, or 3 silver+1gold cop vs 1silv+3gold crims etc.....no back up is allowed in such situations. Balance? Naaaah...never heard of it xD 
Maybe it would be a good idea in case of correct matchup system, but in reality it's for worse. 
As a Citadel player i don't care about Jerico at all wish u developers care more about MY server, also max daily online is 4 times higher on Citadel, so it's absolutely no reason for making such unpopular decisions for Jericho's sake.
Also as a casual player with several months gaming background (not several years) i want to play more with casual players, not mostly Vets or const group players. 
Revert everything back if u can't do anything with matchup sys or divide worlds!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Imagine being around since 2009 and unironically asking this question.

Was waiting way too long for this change!

at least I'll start to play APB again.

Edited by HighSociety

I'm not enjoying my time playing this game anymore, now there's ZERO chance of a new player actually sticking around when they're forced to fight gold threat max rank players who know the game inside out, and not to mention the tens of blatant cheaters who hack with impunity, I've even had a few cheaters gloat about the software they're using and they're still here. My teammates, and even I, can barely hold our own against these people, it's an uphill battle. 

On paper, it looks like a good idea, more players, faster matchmaking. In practice it's wholly broken and just accelerates the rate of which new players are dropping the game. Without Enforced threat segregation I can't see the game gaining any new players which is just the catalyst for the game's demise. What they're going to end up doing is restricting the playerbase even further and losing profits. 

Will it retain the long time players? yes, veteran players will like it. Will it retain new players? No. This change is literally like shooting yourself in the foot and expecting to run a marathon immediately afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I played both ... silver and bronze

Personally, I don't care, but I feel a decision taken without consultation, and especially without countermeasures.

silver was the festival of macro / double click / mouse wheel hero / soft cheater / and easy team

here we are propelled into this world, newbie and veterans

for me :

- search for an auto teamate as long as there is not at least 5 players in each side (currently, the gold does not take backup to keep the advantage)

- extra HP for greens and bronzes

- fix the rifles to prevent macro (I don't know how, maybe  nerves them the time to find a viable solution) (and don't tell me that  macros are detected ...)

I know the big plan is the famous "phasing" thing but a little antiroxx would be welcome

Edited by SK4LP

4 hours ago, SK4LP said:

- fix the rifles to prevent macro

Why would anyone even need a macro for rifles or any other gun?

It's literally just clicking a mouse. 

Removal of threat segregation was probably the easier solution atm. You could have optionally implemented districts that combine silver and gold players together, then T's, greens and bronzes together.

27 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

as always, you are very constructive ... or? ah but wait, don't you really know what we can do with macros? ... I think you know ... either you use them, or you troll, or ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

You could have optionally implemented districts that combine silver and gold players together, then T's, greens and bronzes together.

Which silver gonna want to play against true gold?They must make new players to have optonal district only for them..lets say first 25 ranks so they can learn the game peacefuly

• Like 1

This update is really bad
Since the HK server was merged into the NA server
We Asians have only two choices to go to EU server or NA server
We have to go to the server so far to play games with Ping above 2XX
I basically use 22X Ping in EU
At least you can play in the Bronze area
Now you turn off Treat
I have to be forced to beat those Gold players with super high latency?
That’s great. You deprived me of the right to play games.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Well, you said that. They find it useable and still use it.

7b78f2a9fdf490b8341735bbba18d890.jpg

This comes to mind. It was probably a very hard decision for them to do.

A part of me is happy. Dethreaters are going to get stomped. I played yesterday againts a "Silver" who sure as hell did felt like a dethreater to me with their fast reflexes and tactical positioning. 

Also it will make matches more interesting since for the first time in many moons I had silvers and bronzes on both teams while playing. It was interesting at least. 

no threat districts actually is a good idea but thats  only happened cuz of jericho population.  but let it be as it is. they  wouldnt care less about that topic and ur opinions

On 9/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, The_Boss said:

but what percentage of bronze/silver players will no longer want to play? 

And what percentage of golds stopped playing because they literally have no district to play on? At least this way everybody gets to play.

21 hours ago, Flaws said:

Citadel still has enough players to fill both a silver and a bronze district.

It doesn't though. In the last few months almost every time I tried to play there was either no silver districts at all or only one silver Waterfront. It's already hard enough to convince people to come back to this game, telling them there's only WF to play on doesn't help.

Edited by Uke

Just playd couple of missions..is not that bad.Im max silver with 10 years of exp and playd as enf-maybe thats why.Tomorrow ill try crim.Btw is possible to make game mode where only players same threat can kill each other in the district?Or they can challenge themselves to a match?Things like that would be cool..

Edited by AlienTM
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Imagine being around since 2009 and unironically asking this question.

Clarification. It was 2 veteran golds who have been around as long as I have. None of us have Kind of a big deal unlocked due to being gold for so long. Maybe their threat dropped low enough to not trigger it, but I'm leaning on it being broken, at least for that mission.

4 hours ago, AlienTM said:

Which silver gonna want to play against true gold?They must make new players to have optonal district only for them..lets say first 25 ranks so they can learn the game peacefuly

Still better than no segregation at all.

This is a good change for low-mid golds since we have been stuck with all the best players in the game for the past year and a half with unplayable matchmaking. Perhaps we wont find ourselves in as many losing missions before they even begin now. However I can see many silvers and bronzes quitting in the near future due to this change as matchmaking will become increasingly worse for them.

• Like 1

this seems too little too late.

A more effective option would have been creating two threat districts while the population on the NA server was a bit higher.

Trainee District for trainee and bronze players only.  Once you go silver you get kicked immediately.

Regular District for silvers and golds.  Anyone can access the regular districts manually but Trainee and Bronze will automatically be placed in the Trainee Districts.

This will help the Joker server but not sure if it will do much even with our low pop.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Clarification. It was 2 veteran golds who have been around as long as I have. None of us have Kind of a big deal unlocked due to being gold for so long. Maybe their threat dropped low enough to not trigger it, but I'm leaning on it being broken, at least for that mission.

It isn't broken, you just simply don't understand how the threat system and matchmaking actually works.

• Like 1