The_Boss

No Threat Districts are a mistake

I doubt this will affect the population on Jericho by much, my fear is that this will be a severely negative change for Citadel, which of course, contains most of the paying playerbase.

You're saying it's necessary so that everyone that wants to can play, but what percentage of bronze/silver players will no longer want to play?  You must be counting on some never returning, banking on the golds sticking around instead.  How long will they stay, after their 'farm' dries up?

At least, it would be nice to hear that the situation/numbers will be monitored closely, and that this will be reverted when it becomes clear that it needs to.
Unless... this is our last year, and since golds pay more, we're being fed before final harvest?

somewhat more aggressively then I intended,
a jericho gold that doesn't play much, but wants to keep playing into the future.

Edited by The_Boss
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

I didn't know there was a way to kill an already dead game twice. 

I woudl understand doing that for Jericho but Citadel? Really? 

What a way to kill off the entire bottom part of the community. 

• Like 1

This will certainly help with the dethreating issue and, although I am not quite optimistic regarding it, with Jericho's population issue, however, it will inevitably have a big impact on the bronze/silver part of the community and they make the majority of the current population. Time will tell whether or not this was a wise move. 

The last time threat segregation was disabled, population counts went down the drain. Here we are for round 2.

But every coin has 2 sides. I guess it is now open season on Dethreaters again, let them get their Karma and be farmed just how they farmed the new blood to the uninstall button.

I don't have Anything Nice to say bout this. 

Now the hacks will have a Ball. You just Killed the Game. Now the hacks can follow us to green. 

Meaning there is no longer a way to progress. No more stealing thru the levels cuz the gold will troll u out.

Missions have been a waste of time for months due to hackers and mission time, a mission might be 30 min long 

and even if you win you get a couple grand in xp. Stealing is much faster, more peaceful. So life is over for my reroll.

I already only do joker jobs that dont require kills, due to the mass hacking, n now u wanna let more hackers into bronze, 

as if we dint have enough already. Ya know, What do they have on You? Why do You protect the hackers so much?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

population is still around 350 check steam right now..i guess made 0 difference

Right now I was writing a long, long commentary in the translator. But I got a great idea. What for? For whom? What's the difference? In short: the balance of weapons is useless, disabling the hazard level causes negativity. About me: I only play APB, 11 years of experience, I go three times a week for an hour or two. Constantly changes the threat level between silver and gold. The difference between the level of play in the silver and bronze areas is about the same as between the sky and the earth. Now everything is mixed in a heap. Consequence: Gold players will squeeze Silver players out of online. In your game, there will be 25 masochists, 33 cheaters, 21 fathers, 1 new player who does not understand how he ended up here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I supported the removal of threat segregation temporarily and only for Jericho because their silver districts were completely empty and golds couldn't play the game in any capacity. However, according to the post they made about it, the threat segregation ruleset applies to all servers. At that point this change is not worth it because Citadel still has enough players to fill both a silver and a bronze district. We already saw what no threat segregation does when there are enough players, back when there were some server issues and they were forced to turn off threat segregation for a while. We had probably double the population still back then. New and lesser players were getting stomped all day long by better players while said better players were mostly bored out of their mind. All of that combined with excessive matchmaking times just makes it for a dreadful experience for most people.

They should've told us that they couldn't change the ruleset for a single world only before going through with it. It simply isn't worth it because the population will now tank even harder and I don't expect it to rise again for anything. It would only be beneficial to NA due to its extremely low population numbers currently, but it is detrimental to Citadel and that trade off isn't worth it. It is worse for the game in the long run.

• Like 5

There is a saying. Seven people are not waiting for one. For some reason, the administration thinks that seven people are waiting for one. If the American server is dead, why are you trying to finish off the European one? Similar mistakes were made by the administrators of the Russian server. During the time of clan warriors, strong players temporarily merged into mega clans. They destroyed everyone for the sake of victory. The administration came up with a grandiose solution to the problem. The maximum number of players in the clan has been cut. As a result, the real clans with strong social ties were divided. The separation led to the destruction of social ties, interest in the game dropped. Innova collapsed because they believed that seven people should wait for one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SHEMER said:

There is a saying. Seven people are not waiting for one. For some reason, the administration thinks that seven people are waiting for one. If the American server is dead, why are you trying to finish off the European one? Similar mistakes were made by the administrators of the Russian server. During the time of clan warriors, strong players temporarily merged into mega clans. They destroyed everyone for the sake of victory. The administration came up with a grandiose solution to the problem. The maximum number of players in the clan has been cut. As a result, the real clans with strong social ties were divided. The separation led to the destruction of social ties, interest in the game dropped. Innova collapsed because they believed that seven people should wait for one.

the threat system encourages losers to dethreat and then go and beat up new players.

not having threat segregation is already a billion times better because it prevents dethreating to a large degree. unfair matches > not having any matches at all > getting teamkilled by a r255 loser dethreater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's gonna go one of two ways:

1) It'll be brilliant because people aren't hung up on threat anymore and just play the game.

2) It'll suck patootie because either the matchmaker will still try to match by threat in the background and it won't generate matches, or it will ignore threat and all the matches will total kerbstompings because there's no matching by threat and the team skills are massively uneven.

There will be no in between. Either brilliant or awful.

Must try it in the next couple of days before one of those outcomes starts to set in. It's worth noting that threatless districts became unpopular fairly quickly though.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrChan said:

It's gonna go one of two ways:

1) It'll be brilliant because people aren't hung up on threat anymore and just play the game.

2) It'll suck patootie because either the matchmaker will still try to match by threat in the background and it won't generate matches, or it will ignore threat and all the matches will total kerbstompings because there's no matching by threat and the team skills are massively uneven.

There will be no in between. Either brilliant or awful.

Must try it in the next couple of days before one of those outcomes starts to set in. It's worth noting that threatless districts became unpopular fairly quickly though.

Yeah all of the dethreaters are leaving the game, its great. I only ran into 1 dethreater today after playing for over 3 hours. What a miracle.

I'm sure it will go a little way to reducing dethreating, but if the districts still utilise regular matchmaking, there will still be an incentive to drop your rank to avoid playing against higher threat players.

If regular matchmaking is still running then surely this will just make matchmaking times unreasonably long anyway, as the game's thresholds for acceptable match-ups is too high right now. Additionally gold groups will probably continue to face the same groups repeatedly as there is no other suitable opposition.

Seems like a necessary evil for one server, and at best a mixed bag for another.

Just now, Lord Cashpoint said:

I'm sure it will go a little way to reducing dethreating, but if the districts still utilise regular matchmaking, there will still be an incentive to drop your rank to avoid playing against higher threat players.

If regular matchmaking is still running then surely this will just make matchmaking times unreasonably long anyway, as the game's thresholds for acceptable match-ups is too high right now. Additionally gold groups will probably continue to face the same groups repeatedly as there is no other suitable opposition.

Seems like a necessary evil for one server, and at best a mixed bag for another.

just switch district if you think that is happening on citadel

gl, not the best decision u guys could have made but u gotta play the hand you've been dealt. ur tutorial is garbage btw, no newbs will stay more than 2 missions, if they even figure out how to play.

will be on the lookout for pop rebound. lol

Edited by iRawwwN

22 minutes ago, wigbilly69420 said:

the threat system encourages losers to dethreat and then go and beat up new players.

not having threat segregation is already a billion times better because it prevents dethreating to a large degree. unfair matches > not having any matches at all > getting teamkilled by a r255 loser dethreater.

not having threat segregation means that new players/bronzes/real silvers have to face real gold players that are worse that max ranks silvers and dethreaters in every way, they will tryhard no matter ur threat and farm u if they can and also if they can they will troll u(blowtorching,teamkilling ,etc)

Just watch fightclub leaderboards to know how fun is gonna be for the silvers/bronzes the fact that there is not threat segregation

• Like 2

As the others said. It could help stable the situation on Jericho, rather then on Citadel Server. As a EU player i would like to see better menaging of the „auto server opener” (i dont know how It is called, i just create that so, ™). Whenever silver servers are filled up the new one turns on. If there would be something Like auto balance, or merging few identical servers with same threat would be (probably) make gameplay much easier than camping for one slot on full server. 

Im sure that would help not only with player count, but with threat segregation as Well.

• Like 1

I welcome this change mainly due dethreating issues. Now at least i know that my opp can play in their full potential and me myself doesn't need to worry that during the low hours i'll just have to either stay social, or skip the game entirely.

As for the general feedback in this thread.. well aside from 1 or 2 players, i see the regular cry babies regardless of what updates this game brings

• Like 1

Scrubs rage quit
Good players are bored af and quit

Wrap it up

21 minutes ago, RCooper said:

not having threat segregation means that new players/bronzes/real silvers have to face real gold players that are worse that max ranks silvers and dethreaters in every way, they will tryhard no matter ur threat and farm u if they can and also if they can they will troll u(blowtorching,teamkilling ,etc)

Just watch fightclub leaderboards to know how fun is gonna be for the silvers/bronzes the fact that there is not threat segregation

well i dont know about citadel, but jericho literally didn't have a gold server to even play on.

server changes could lead to even worse results.  at this point, everyone has a choice when choosing a server.  especially the least experienced.  it allows them to make their own decisions.  the fact that the zloty may go below at any moment leads to a problem that I believe is still acceptable.  because such cases are much less than possible frustration from weaker players with the unification of the system.  the only thing I would consider is removing the possibility of playing gold on silver servers and a Little improvement with controling people increasing theirs Threat on lower threat servers. I could suggest a „Timer” (around 20-30 min before removing player form current threat server). For Example, that kind Of player could have Opportunity to help his teammate to rank up before rebalancing or dethreat himself Just by Playing and not giving enough skill to handle Gold. 

i know its not The best, but if we wanna Stay, and make APB still alive we gotta to take care Of people, not only veterans but newbie specially. 

otherwise we Will get normal servers Like in any kind Of mmo, Like bf Or GTA. But compared to bf, tryhards are less danger to the New players cause Of threat levels. And GTA, where mixed lobbies are total mess for starting or weaker CHADS against fully loaded VIRGINS on Oppersors Or other spacecraft.

Let Devs find The best solution 🙂

This will make more players quit the game , no threat districts are hell for silvers and bronzes 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

why is it a bad decision?
It would be a bad decision when there are new players in the game. But if there are 4 left... let them play together.

/facepalm

• Like 2

This is so bad only good for cheater and it looks more and more you love cheaters and listen to them. First unban cheater now no bronse distrikt anymore . Hvr nerf.  No ban on cheaters. Now more players left and wait for engine update. When you had first ban the cheaters and then open all distrikt okay.  Only one word i have for you. Bad 

And my friends where are many silver no one who i talk yesterday was happy over this. Some was real sad and this are player who was played the game everyday. And now you take them the bronse district away. You steal them the fun. For what we had everyday 1 full silver and 2 full bronse district  OK liddle orbit who is for you the cumunity. Only the veteran golds and cheater? 

Edited by Eviltara
  • Like 3