Sign in to follow this  
a Pair of Socks

RTX Card HotFix When???

Got the urge to play again after not logging in for 8 months and still got the same crashing issues lol

I mean, the one rare time that FC actually has more than 4 people and I can barely play because of the constant crashing over and over, its really annoying.

Merged.

Crash number 9 in 40 minutes now. 

This issue is already know and can only be fixed fixed with the engine upgrade since the actual engine doesn't support raytracing

the rtx issue was explained in depth to you the last time you made a thread about it, and it was made clear that its not something that can be fixed with a simple hotfix

They should have added in the option to make our own character high quality as a band aid fix. So we dont have to play with a blurry character on minimum settings for years. For those who dont want to use the advanced launcher.

When the engine upgrade so probably never.Come back in 8 months and try again..

10 hours ago, PLAYLUXE said:

This issue is already know and can only be fixed fixed with the engine upgrade since the actual engine doesn't support raytracing

raytracing itself has nothing to do with it.

842900323671474186.gif?v=1

I had the same problem with my 2080ti since i use the advanced launcher with Huntorax's settings this problem is gone it's worth a try you can find the settings at Huntorax's insta profile

11 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Got the urge to play again after not logging in for 8 months and still got the same crashing issues lol

I mean, the one rare time that FC actually has more than 4 people and I can barely play because of the constant crashing over and over, its really annoying.

I had the same issue until i started using the advance launcher again and haven't crashed since.

stock install and the game ran for me well on an RTX 3070. no config edits. no adv launcher. memory error like usual after time...

10 hours ago, devilsyt said:

I had the same problem with my 2080ti since i use the advanced launcher with Huntorax's settings this problem is gone it's worth a try you can find the settings at Huntorax's insta profile

Thanks for the info, I will give this a try!

10 hours ago, mattskoii said:

I had the same issue until i started using the advance launcher again and haven't crashed since.

^^ Will update you on if this works! 

14 hours ago, Sayori said:

Just wait for engine update /s

Imma wait for you to come to my house and give me headpats, well see which comes first~

18 hours ago, glaciers said:

the rtx issue was explained in depth to you the last time you made a thread about it, and it was made clear that its not something that can be fixed with a simple hotfix

Mind TLDR'ing it for me? Have shite memory sadly 

17 hours ago, AlienTM said:

When the engine upgrade so probably never.Come back in 8 months and try again..

Welp, Im fucked then.

TLDR, GDDR6 doesn't work properly with 32bit applications. APB is 32bit. Engine upgrade is 64bit. Everything after this is my opinion.

GPU manufacturers should be responsible for fixing the problem. They created it. If car manufacturers sold a car that can't drive on normal roads, they would be held accountable for releasing a lemon. Same should apply to all technology.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 7:48 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

Thanks for the info, I will give this a try!

^^ Will update you on if this works! 

Imma wait for you to come to my house and give me headpats, well see which comes first~

Mind TLDR'ing it for me? Have shite memory sadly 

Welp, Im fucked then.

Pretty much, however I think I remember people mentioning underclocking, or advanced launcher may help. But it is an issue with the engine and game itself being in a different 32/64 bit.

Is there a way to run the video card in a lower bit/color resolution? I almost wonder if that would work but im no techy and the last time I saw that kinda stuff was like, windows 98.... >.>

Lowering graphics is what I heard helped but mileage may vary. I heard 3060 Ti's being fine but 1660 Super's to be horrible and crashing constantly.

If anyone who suffers from this is able to supply me the following information that be great to look into the issue:

* .dmp files;
* .log files; (the session files of when it happened example: "2021.08.01-19.03.12-14644.log" + CrashReport.log, if it made one) (or zip the entire folder Logs)
* screenshot of the error message as it pops up on top of APB;
* your exact specific graphics card model {not all cards are equal} (GPU-Z is a great overview tool and provides great detail);
* a little brief description of what you have been doing during the session that might help aid finding the cause.

[Location for these files usually, at least default: ]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Logs

It's not required to tick every box but more may always help out in investigating.

You can reach me in DMs but also on Discord: Kyouki#1337

Thanks.

On 9/5/2021 at 7:20 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

But it is an issue with the engine and game itself being in a different 32/64 bit.

Being a 32bit app is not an issue. Any 64bit system is capable of running 32bit apps without problems.

On 9/5/2021 at 7:20 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

Is there a way to run the video card in a lower bit/color resolution? I almost wonder if that would work but im no techy and the last time I saw that kinda stuff was like, windows 98.... >.>

You can force it in compatibility settings but any modern hardware / OS will just refuse to run anything under 32bit color. 

On 9/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, PotatoeGirl said:

Being a 32bit app is not an issue. Any 64bit system is capable of running 32bit apps without problems.

You can force it in compatibility settings but any modern hardware / OS will just refuse to run anything under 32bit color. 

ah okay. That clears some up.

On 9/2/2021 at 6:24 AM, SquirrelFace said:

TLDR, GDDR6 doesn't work properly with 32bit applications.

fake news... thank you for sharing false info :3

Edited by heelruby

the graphics on apb is not even that great even after the engine update. If you bought a rtx card just for the sole purpose of apb be ready to be disappointed. 

Even I have a 3080 and the original config I always used which has High quality character, clothing, muzzle flash, explosion and minimal environment settings, haven’t experience a single crash when testing. 

though I may feel that my old 1060 3gb actually ran better for apb. I’ve notice I experience a few FPS dips below 100 and it just shoots back up to cap FPS. 

On 9/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

ah okay. That clears some up.

To be perfectly clear:

You can't modify an application from 64 bits to a 32 bits one if the code is based on 32 bits. (as a user)

What he means is the colour depth of the application, 16 bit colour, 32 bit colour.

Different from code architecture being made on 32 bits.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:11 AM, KyoukiDotExe said:

To be perfectly clear:

You can't modify an application from 64 bits to a 32 bits one if the code is based on 32 bits. (as a user)

What he means is the colour depth of the application, 16 bit colour, 32 bit colour.

Different from code architecture being made on 32 bits.

I mean, i was thinking color depth. I'm aware you can't force a 32 bit to be 64 bit application etc. They both run on different architecture and stuff. I was throwing out ideas that i'd heard before. Such as underclocking and USPStyles Launcher may helping.  I might even suggest using "debug mode" if it's a nvidia, dunno why but when I play Apex legends, it 100% crashes if I don't have it in that mode. No clue why but it's harmless to try imo. Otherwise it's just unfixable until the upgrade, which you know, is kinda RIP.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Sign in to follow this