5 minutes ago, Zascha said:

I wouldn't worry about it. The Sorceress I posted above was selected into the first round of picks, but that's as far as I got. There was some kind of sort of behind the scenes drama going on with that whole contest. I won't get into it here because it's just water under the bridge at this point, but the whole experience really turned me off to the entire game.

At least the designs came out all right, though! And yes, there were lots of cool designs submitted.

I still play occasionally. Game is still fun despite all the issues. The only drama I remember was a couple submissions that were obviously plagiarized that made it into the 2nd round of entries. Other than that I had no problem with the whole thing. Didn't even expect to remotely place since I'm just a hobbyist and not a pro concept artist but it was still a little fun deal to mess with

1 minute ago, SuperToaster said:

I still play occasionally. Game is still fun despite all the issues. The only drama I remember was a couple submissions that were obviously plagiarized that made it into the 2nd round of entries. Other than that I had no problem with the whole thing. Didn't even expect to remotely place since I'm just a hobbyist and not a pro concept artist but it was still a little fun deal to mess with

Yes, but I take Cheaters very seriously. It really bugs me when someone breaks the spirit of a game or a contest or something. I get real disappointed with folks when I learn they tried to cheat me and others. And it makes me feel bad, because I don't like it when I can't just accept the good in others. It's like they really went out of their way to show me their bad side--took advantage of my good nature. I don't care for it, much.

In the case with the BDO contest, it's not so much I ever expected to win--I didn't. I just didn't like how when the folks were caught, they tried to save face and pretend like they didn't know what anyone was talking about. And more to the matter, it was brought to the attention of the CM's and they didn't do anything about it.

It was like, "How can you run an art/design contest and not know enough about art to know when someone is so obviously cheating?"

One guy in particular was something of a forum hero, and the whole thing was practically a popularity contest in the beginning anyway. He kept getting selected by his fans because they didn't know any better, and more over, they didn't care that he was a cheat. CM's did nothing. The whole thing just made me not even want to be a part of that community. I can say a lot about the APB community, to be fair (and I have) but nothing like that ever happened here. You get your standard run-of-the-mill trolls here. Not much else...

I just left the whole thing. I was real disappointed in how it was managed and everything.

15 minutes ago, Zascha said:

Yes, but I take Cheaters very seriously. It really bugs me when someone breaks the spirit of a game or a contest or something. I get real disappointed with folks when I learn they tried to cheat me and others. And it makes me feel bad, because I don't like it when I can't just accept the good in others. It's like they really went out of their way to show me their bad side--took advantage of my good nature. I don't care for it, much.

In the case with the BDO contest, it's not so much I ever expected to win--I didn't. I just didn't like how when the folks were caught, they tried to save face and pretend like they didn't know what anyone was talking about. And more to the matter, it was brought to the attention of the CM's and they didn't do anything about it.

It was like, "How can you run an art/design contest and not know enough about art to know when someone is so obviously cheating?"

One guy in particular was something of a forum hero, and the whole thing was practically a popularity contest in the beginning anyway. He kept getting selected by his fans because they didn't know any better, and more over, they didn't care that he was a cheat. CM's did nothing. The whole thing just made me not even want to be a part of that community. I can say a lot about the APB community, to be fair (and I have) but nothing like that ever happened here. You get your standard run-of-the-mill trolls here. Not much else...

I just left the whole thing. I was real disappointed in how it was managed and everything.

Ah that's right I forgot it had a community vote too. That just leaves all sorts of openings for problems. It should've just been a small team of artists that worked for PA that would do the picks. APB did have an art contest a while back that left a lot of people pretty salty. It did seem like a lot of the winning submissions were solely reliant on popularity/likes than actual quality. We did have a few cheaters also too though of course APB's contest didn't have not near as big of a prize as BDO's but still. There were a ton of "Well why didn't MY submission win??" posts after it was over

I've become kind of numb to poor decisions from devs that's why I still play BDO but yeah the whole thing did leave a bad taste in my mouth after. If they ever do it again, which they will because this would be Korea's 2nd one hopefully it'll be a lot better managed. I think they kind of bit off more than they could chew with that contest with including every region that's probably why it was so mismanaged in the first place

27 minutes ago, SuperToaster said:

Ah that's right I forgot it had a community vote too. That just leaves all sorts of openings for problems. It should've just been a small team of artists that worked for PA that would do the picks. APB did have an art contest a while back that left a lot of people pretty salty. It did seem like a lot of the winning submissions were solely reliant on popularity/likes than actual quality. We did have a few cheaters also too though of course APB's contest didn't have not near as big of a prize as BDO's but still. There were a ton of "Well why didn't MY submission win??" posts after it was over

I've become kind of numb to poor decisions from devs that's why I still play BDO but yeah the whole thing did leave a bad taste in my mouth after. If they ever do it again, which they will because this would be Korea's 2nd one hopefully it'll be a lot better managed. I think they kind of bit off more than they could chew with that contest with including every region that's probably why it was so mismanaged in the first place

I agree. Contests need to be run by people in the company who can judge things accordingly. The community vote contests are... You just can't run it that way. You can't.

It's not to say that the company folks can't be compromised... That's happened in APB before, if I'm not mistaken. But never mind that...

Maybe once LO gets this thing rolling and they get into a more neutral cruise mode, they'll put on some more contests that could be handled well. I'd probably participate in one. I've never participated in any of APB's stuff, I don't think. I thought about doing one of the Art Contests in the past but... I dunno. I guess I wasn't in the mood at the time. I told you, this stuff is a real chore for me, lol.

13 minutes ago, Zascha said:

I agree. Contests need to be run by people in the company who can judge things accordingly. The community vote contests are... You just can't run it that way. You can't.

It's not to say that the company folks can't be compromised... That's happened in APB before, if I'm not mistaken. But never mind that...

Maybe once LO gets this thing rolling and they get into a more neutral cruise mode, they'll put on some more contests that could be handled well. I'd probably participate in one. I've never participated in any of APB's stuff, I don't think. I thought about doing one of the Art Contests in the past but... I dunno. I guess I wasn't in the mood at the time. I told you, this stuff is a real chore for me, lol.

Yeah I could see them doing some major contests later on and LO already seems to have a much better connection with the community than the past devs ever did so hopefully they won't make the same mistakes. I'll probably enter if I'm even in the mood to draw. APB has kind of drained my motivation atm lol. I'd love to post stuff here but man I just can't find the will right now

Throwing my bits and pieces into the pot for a good mixing! I am one of the few furries in the game and a little fan following really liked the story and design I made for my character. Beginning on Xbox I received this picture and I call it "Snapchat Havoc".

eoIH5Vqh.jpg

• Like 7

On 6/10/2018 at 8:22 AM, Zascha said:

I can say a lot about the APB community, to be fair (and I have) but nothing like that ever happened here. You get your standard run-of-the-mill trolls here. Not much else...

Popularity contest in fan art event? Are you sure about it? Because i remember it. I remember people spaming in /d "vote for me" or stuff like that.

One that mostly pissed me off it was a characters show off or something like it, and one won because he copied "the beatles"... plenty of original screenies of character posing but that one was picked up.

I spoiler this because has nothing to do with this thread.

Edited by Excalibur!

On 6/11/2018 at 2:15 AM, MethLab said:

Throwing my bits and pieces into the pot for a good mixing! I am one of the few furries in the game and a little fan following really liked the story and design I made for my character. Beginning on Xbox I received this picture and I call it "Snapchat Havoc".

eoIH5Vqh.jpg

Oh no, hide this from LeoTek or he'll have to get one commissioned! 😛

8 hours ago, iodyne_ said:

Oh no, hide this from LeoTek or he'll have to get one commissioned! 😛

Lol I would love to see his idea

//apb related//

i made a self portrait... and someone suggested me to post it. so.

8Z5s3d8.png

• Like 8

On 6/11/2018 at 2:15 PM, MethLab said:

eoIH5Vqh.jpg

Not a furry fan, but this is one of the best pics around here. Pretty impressive work with the lighting and textures, yo, though it's a pity the mushroom cloud blends with the background. Maybe if the sky was darker and the cloud was emitting some light on it's own (with godrays around the character) it would be... a blast. Nicely done regardless. 🙂

On 6/2/2018 at 7:26 PM, Atour said:

hi,not apb related but here some digitalart i done.

L0jum8P.jpg

X14EUX8.jpg

eXOIeF2.jpg

for more u guys can check my ig page:its @rezavisions

😉

Holy fuck thats awesome.

Some fantastic drawings in here...

these good ya

Edited by Serro
removed it for now

i'm finally starting my dumb apb comic so i made a ref sheet of the main character. he is best boy, fact.
the comic is gonna have some community members and stuff so ig prepare to see some familiar faces?

Final%20-%20Teo%20950%20Ref.jpg

• Like 4

Hi, Idk if I can post this here but I'm looking for someone that can make some sort of artwork of my character(s) so I can use them in thumbnails. I'm open for a lot of styles but hope to get something towards the realistic side.

Lmk if I'm posting this in the wrong topic or what ever. I'd love to know a pricetag as well ^^ 
If possible msg me on Discord: Richard#2141

Thank you in advance.

Slash (Quake Champions)
slash_fan_art_by_ghostgamer37-dckiffa.jp
Nyx (Quake Champions)
quake_champions_nyx_fan_art_by_ghostgame
welp this is my most recent drawings 😛
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, AgonyVI said:
Slash (Quake Champions)
slash_fan_art_by_ghostgamer37-dckiffa.jp
Nyx (Quake Champions)