Sakebee

9/1 Maintenance Announcement

Hello everyone,

We have our usual server maintenance this week on Wednesday 9/1/2021. The maintenance is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well. 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Higher TTK isn't going to work because of the garbage sub 25 tickrate server. One of the main things i have noticed while using oca is when my crosshair crosses the enemy(very fast) while shooting them no shots register even though my crosshair was red for a split second(Not the RNG). The same thing goes for corner camping, i used jg yesterday after so long and i was able to kill multiple people easily while 85 without taking any damage even though they were spraying the corner i was in. If you peak really really fast people won't be able to shoot you because of how slow the server updates (i am sure someone can explain this a lot better). And the main reason is even currently with the "Low TTK" most of the time people take ~1sec to kill someone because of sub 25 tickrate server RNG, if we had a 60 tickrate server with 1 sec TTK it would be a lot faster (most of the time) to kill someone, and a lot more consistent. Currently it rarely happens to TTK someone and when it does usually that person is suspected of cheating. Also that would kind of solve the problem with shotgun inconsistency to 2 shot.

This video sums it up pretty well, but you could just record a video of yourself at 120fps and watch it at slow mo. The crosshair was red when he fired but by the time it registered the guy has already moved but the server still shows blood which results in (sometimes) still doing damage (barely any) while other times, nothing. If they plan on promoting the game with the garbage sub 25 tickrate they might as well just shut the game down. Even though servers are more consistent and stable, they are not good, i have had the same things happen there..

Getting rid of the RNG and increasing TTK would just make the current problem of the aim crossing the enemy and turning red for a split second while you shoot them and nothing happens would just be a lot worse and noticable, still leaves the problem with inconsistency of weapons, corner camping and some other things...but sure, people just keep blaming it on unstable servers never even considering higher tickrate which would solve a lot more.

https://www.twitch.tv/exoticz/clip/HonorableElatedClamHotPokket-Ii6w8EL2UbM3JSrW

Change consumables to mods with a cooldown, like they should've been in the first place.

Merged.

On 8/31/2021 at 12:03 AM, jmiIos said:

In order of events:

• Two partial hit shots from outside CSG's effective range.
  • More than enough time for the target to fully heal with CA3 (which they are 99% using).
  • Completely missed the shot while jumping down from the highway.
  • Target is hit by a Low-Yield, which only does 550 damage when landing a direct hit.
  • Completely missed the first shot in CQC.
  • Target will have fully healed the Low-Yield damage by now.
  • Single barely partial hit on second shot in CQC.
  • Dies because can't aim, while opponent shoots a motionless target with JG at point blank.

What was your point again?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmiIos said:

Higher TTK isn't going to work because of the garbage sub 25 tickrate server. One of the main things i have noticed while using oca is when my crosshair crosses the enemy(very fast) while shooting them no shots register even though my crosshair was red for a split second(Not the RNG). The same thing goes for corner camping, i used jg yesterday after so long and i was able to kill multiple people easily while 85 without taking any damage even though they were spraying the corner i was in. If you peak really really fast people won't be able to shoot you because of how slow the server updates (i am sure someone can explain this a lot better). And the main reason is even currently with the "Low TTK" most of the time people take ~1sec to kill someone because of sub 25 tickrate server RNG, if we had a 60 tickrate server with 1 sec TTK it would be a lot faster (most of the time) to kill someone, and a lot more consistent. Currently it rarely happens to TTK someone and when it does usually that person is suspected of cheating. Also that would kind of solve the problem with shotgun inconsistency to 2 shot.

This video sums it up pretty well, but you could just record a video of yourself at 120fps and watch it at slow mo. The crosshair was red when he fired but by the time it registered the guy has already moved but the server still shows blood which results in (sometimes) still doing damage (barely any) while other times, nothing. If they plan on promoting the game with the garbage sub 25 tickrate they might as well just shut the game down. Even though servers are more consistent and stable, they are not good, i have had the same things happen there..

Getting rid of the RNG and increasing TTK would just make the current problem of the aim crossing the enemy and turning red for a split second while you shoot them and nothing happens would just be a lot worse and noticable, still leaves the problem with inconsistency of weapons, corner camping and some other things...but sure, people just keep blaming it on unstable servers never even considering higher tickrate which would solve a lot more.

https://www.twitch.tv/exoticz/clip/HonorableElatedClamHotPokket-Ii6w8EL2UbM3JSrW

APB and Apex have the same "garbage sub 25 tickrate servers", yet one game is not like the other. You're clearly delusional if you think higher TTK will not work because of that reason. High TTK, along with getting rid of that oversaturated RNG ("bLoOm") we have across all guns, would only benefit the better players. In every engagement, the person who has the better aim will win the fight, not some random guy who coughed and got you, without him knowing what he did. 

No, current live fights are FAR from ~1s, you do not know what ~1s feels like at all. Making snipers and shotguns 3STK is what would make cornerpopping essentially useless, which is what the devs should go for if implementing the above mentioned tweaks. (and maybe even new movement mechanics, for much more outplay potential)

You are talking about something you haven't even experienced yet.

No, less RNG and increased TTK would not result in the amplification of the "server derps" you're experiencing. Inconsistency = RNG. Corner camping = abusing 3rd person perspective and the fact the game has very low TTK makes it very deadly. Easily fixable by adding movement mechanics and higher TTK, thus allowing for the better player to win in these kind of situations.

That clip you've provided proves nothing. He had time to heal and he slightly dodged the nade. How can you claim it's the servers fault when even shotguns have RNG? 

If any developers take heed to my plea, take a look at Apex gunplay and Apex TTK with red or purple shields (or just check out my previous posts, I've added my thoughts in patch threads about how APB should change it's gameplay mechanics), it would make the game MUCH more enjoyable.

I'd be willing to participate in the SPCT program as well, give my opinions and playtest gameplay changes.

Also, add the ability to waypoint/pin in-game with a button press while playing without going to the map and clicking the location with MB2. Something akin to how Apex does it. Would be a very welcoming QoL change for solo players.

Edited by qb
  • Like 1

Randomly decided to rewatch the clip because was second-guessing my call on the Low-Yield, that is definitely a Low-Yield nade. That almost flat arc is a dead giveaway. I also decided that since I was there, I'd watch the rant at the end to see what he was saying. The fact that he brought up the blood splats as some kind of proof of his shot hitting, goes to show he doesn't understand how this game works.

Sorry, meant NOT red when he fired, didn't even notice that i didn't have it there. Also my point was not at all why he didn't kill him. Obviously he regened from the first 2 shots and, since Exoticz has regened and took a lot more damage, but he definitely didn't regen from that low yield, that was a direct hit and as soon as the nade exploded he was already below and there is no way he regened after he missed just 1 shot.

My point was how slow the server updates, crosshair was red and the moment it turned white he fired but because of the hitbox not being updated to where he exactly was the server shows blood making him think he landed the shot or a partial hit. Again, record a video of yourself at 120fps playing with a csg and i am sure you will find better examples

Balance more weapons ffs, just do something drastic like u did already

34 minutes ago, jmiIos said:

he definitely didn't regen from that low yield, that was a direct hit and as soon as the nade exploded he was already below and there is no way he regened after he missed just 1 shot

https://dev.apbdb.com/items/FnMod_Character_ClottingAgent3

Educate yourself, since you are clearly lacking some basic information.

And the only new movements i would agree on are null movement, which isn't really a new movement but still it would make micro strafing a lot faster to the point it could be considered a new movement. It might already be possible to set up null movement in config but i highly doubt the game has that built in. And obviously you can press W or S when going left and right to avoid cancelation but that is a lot more predictable movement, a lot less of micro tracking and a lot easier to track. Also losing less velocity when just strafing left,right/front,back.

You talked about wall jumping and what not, like what???????????? and yet you say "yet one game is not like the other", and it's clearly not supposed to be, stop pushing so much trying to make apb like apex lol. Wall jumping would never work in apb, and you thinking that tracking a target moving in a straight line just because there is more recoil kick is harder than micro tracking is just yikes. APB definitely has RNG but not as much as you make it out to be. Like .45 needing to have it's sprinting accuracy matching it's jogging accuracy and jogging accuracy should match it's standing still accuracy. OCA have it's accuracy increased. You just sound like someone who holds down m1 with oca on 15m and blames it on the RNG when that other person kills you, because you don't realize you are supposed to tap fire more often. Oh and here is a little tip from someone who clearly has no experience, you can tap fire PMG at the almost exact fire as just holding down m1 and all your shots will go in the center. But i am sure you would just blame it on the RNG if you were to 1v1 someone with PMG and lose because you don't know how to control the weapon.

Also LOL at the fucking 3 shots to kill shotgun, that wouldn't work for shit. Way way slower fire rate on shotguns 2 shots>3 shots to kill. By your logic it makes more sense to be able to pop 3 times from the corner super mega fast, by the time you push the corner you will already take 2 shots to the face and unless you have a godlike aim which i highly doubt you have, you are going to die anyway, also it's not like they can't just push back to another corner. The only shotgun that has some balance to it is STRIFE.

And for the TTK i was OBVIOUSLY talking about OCA. OBVIOUSLY snipers, assault rifles...take a lot more....

• Like 1

The OCA and PMG fully recover bloom between shots. There's no reason to tap fire them, unless you can't aim while shooting.

Idk man I don’t wanna shoot some guy and it feels like a bullet sponge, let just keep the high ttk for shooter arenas. 

it would be cool if apb had Projectile mechanics with actual gun recoil, rather than rng and hit scan it be interesting. 

• Like 1

Oh and i went out of my way to find the media player with the most precise timer i could find and i tested both Exoticz and my clip

nade lands at 12:350, lands the shot at 15.350

Here is a video of recovering from a low yield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82XwKY-99E

nade lands at 06:975, fully recovers at 13:413, probably a few milliseconds off.

But i bet you will just say Oh WeLl YoU DiDn't SaY FulLy ReCoVeR, which again proves you can't read or can't comprehend what you are reading since i have clearly stated that my point was not why he didn't get a kill.

Here's a tip. Stop sitting and reading APB;DB all day like you are preparing for a school test thinking you have all the knowledge of APB because you know the current weapon stats and professional terms for what each thing is called and play the game instead, otherwise stay the fuck away from trying to bring "balance to apb weapons", i hope neither you or the other dude ever become SPCTs because that will be the definite end of APB.

I have read a few things you wrote about weapon balance. Whenever there's a thread about weapon balance thread as soon as people see your name or the other dude they should just keep scrolling and ignore yours because you don't know single shit about how weapons should be balanced, clearly.

1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

Idk man I don’t wanna shoot some guy and it feels like a bullet sponge, let just keep the high ttk for shooter arenas. 

it would be cool if apb had Projectile mechanics with actual gun recoil, rather than rng and hit scan it be interesting. 

A lot of people seem to believe I'm advocating for Quake LG TTK, when in fact I'm asking a overall TTK increase of ~0.3s (TTK should be in 0.9s and 1.1s range for all guns we have)

I.e. : OCA being ~10STK, NTEC being ~7/8STK (without actually blooming out like it is rn, the NTEC is the most static weapon and feels like proper trash rn ever since the recent changes, the definition of sponge to me tbh)

It will not make the game feel "like a bullet sponge"

A good example (best case scenario ofc, as this guy has pretty insane tracking: https://youtu.be/CdOXCkZUs68?t=16 ,I'd love making ADS as reliable as in Apex, while making hipfire decently accurate in close range engagements and not a bloom/rng fiesta) 

You'd be surprised how robust Apex feels, it should be a foundation for how developers should balance weapons. I'm not even overexaggerating, it's extremely enjoyable knowing the only variable in engagements is me, something that can be grinded and perfected. RNG will not decide that the enemy will win if I tracked him perfectly and he didn't, you cannot train RNG. This is also why adding movement mechanics such as walljumping, airstrafing, sliding would be of CRUCIAL importance to APB too.

Skills, that with grind, allow you to outsmart/outplay an opponent, are what player satisfaction. The stale "press W, hold corner, rinse and repeat" movement of APB is just boring. 

Imagine this scenario, a JG is holding an angle on you from Double B's building from streetside. (you're coming from inside, going to outside to the street) In the current game, there is nothing to do against that other than prenading or praying he misses/RNG destroys him/servers destroy him (the 2 latter never happen, idk... lol) But, with the adition of sliding and walljumping, you could peek him insanely fast, thus increasing the possiblity of him missing the shot and  track him while strafing and get the kill. I sincerely do not see anything but benefits to adding skill based mechanics to APB, something it has needed for a decade now.

Decreasing the RNG (and slightly upping TTK as well) we currently have across all guns would result in the better player winning engagements. Just look at FBW fights, they're a RNG fiesta. Look at current NTEC fights rn, they're mega RNG.

2 hours ago, jmiIos said:

And the only new movements i would agree on are null movement, which isn't really a new movement but still it would make micro strafing a lot faster to the point it could be considered a new movement. It might already be possible to set up null movement in config but i highly doubt the game has that built in. And obviously you can press W or S when going left and right to avoid cancelation but that is a lot more predictable movement, a lot less of micro tracking and a lot easier to track. Also losing less velocity when just strafing left,right/front,back.

You talked about wall jumping and what not, like what???????????? and yet you say "yet one game is not like the other", and it's clearly not supposed to be, stop pushing so much trying to make apb like apex lol. Wall jumping would never work in apb, and you thinking that tracking a target moving in a straight line just because there is more recoil kick is harder than micro tracking is just yikes. APB definitely has RNG but not as much as you make it out to be. Like .45 needing to have it's sprinting accuracy matching it's jogging accuracy and jogging accuracy should match it's standing still accuracy. OCA have it's accuracy increased. You just sound like someone who holds down m1 with oca on 15m and blames it on the RNG when that other person kills you, because you don't realize you are supposed to tap fire more often. Oh and here is a little tip from someone who clearly has no experience, you can tap fire PMG at the almost exact fire as just holding down m1 and all your shots will go in the center. But i am sure you would just blame it on the RNG if you were to 1v1 someone with PMG and lose because you don't know how to control the weapon.

Also LOL at the fucking 3 shots to kill shotgun, that wouldn't work for shit. Way way slower fire rate on shotguns 2 shots>3 shots to kill. By your logic it makes more sense to be able to pop 3 times from the corner super mega fast, by the time you push the corner you will already take 2 shots to the face and unless you have a godlike aim which i highly doubt you have, you are going to die anyway, also it's not like they can't just push back to another corner. The only shotgun that has some balance to it is STRIFE.

And for the TTK i was OBVIOUSLY talking about OCA. OBVIOUSLY snipers, assault rifles...take a lot more....

"control the weapon" "tapfire a fullauto weapon" "strife being a good balancing pillar"

https://ffbans.org/Patriot/jmiIos this u?)))) think this invalidates any kind of opinion or game guru status you seem to think you have 🙂 But, I'll still reply to you.

From what I gather (though, you can correct me if I'm wrong, seems to be a TF2/Source thing), null movement is not a mechanic. It's just messing with your bindings. I don't think you understand what a skill-based movement mechanic is.

Why do you think wall jumping would never work in APB? You are just stating the opposite of what I'm saying without any concrete gameplay experience of it inside APB or outside of it. The developers could attempt in trying it out in some beta testing and then you can form an opinion on it (though I sincerely doubt they'll ever attempt in adding this in current live, maybe on the arrival of the EU if it ever occurs...)

Talking about it without having a single clue of it's potential pros is just delusional of you. 

Why wouldn't 3STK shotguns work? If you are a good player, you will not get impacted by this. Other games, like Apex for comparisons sake, make it work. In a fictional APB where RNG is essentially reduced to almost zero, TTK is increased, I do not see a need for 2STK weapons. They would just impact the CQC meta, making it the most dominant and #1 choice. The fact you mention the strife is proof enough that higher TTK in this game would be better, considering how bad and underused it currently is. 🙂

horrid attempt at formating, idk how to fix it lol:

Here's a tip. Stop sitting and reading APB;DB all day like you are preparing for a school test thinking you have all the knowledge of APB because you know the current weapon stats and professional terms for what each thing is called and play the game instead, otherwise stay the fuck away from trying to bring "balance to apb weapons", i hope neither you or the other dude ever become SPCTs because that will be the definite end of APB.

I have read a few things you wrote about weapon balance. Whenever there's a thread about weapon balance thread as soon as people see your name or the other dude they should just keep scrolling and ignore yours because you don't know single shit about how weapons should be balanced, clearly.

The only times I've been on APBDB is when people start talking weapon stats and I'm doing comparisons between games. I do not play the game as often (as most old players don't) due to the above mentioned reasons. The game is not fun and does not reward skilled players (as many people have iterated this for years now) It's frustrating to use anything, knowing some random can outfrag you just because the game decided so, without you being able to out manoeuvre him be it with better movement mechanics and/or higher ttk. 

Well then, I hope it'll be the "definite end of APB", so it can be reborn into a proper skill-based arcade shooter it should've been since launch.

Good to know you avoid my opinions, that's when I know I'm doing a good thing. Bad, formerly banned, players refraining from change in RNG based meta cause they know they'd be horrible and obsolete in skill based meta 🙂

1 hour ago, jmiIos said:

Edited by qb

You putting those things under quotation marks and trying to make it as a joke is enough to tell that you unironically hold down m1 with oca and pmg on 15 and blame it on the RNG...Assault rifles are auto, you don't just hold down m1 on 15m because it's auto and blame it on the RNG because the weapon bloomed out too much and you didn't get to kill player by that time. I was talking about the default oca with cj3 and rs3 which doesn't fully recover bloom between shots but i would assume they already knew about which oca and with which mods on it i was talking about since they seem to show such a huge knowledge about apb weapons and stats..Also good job at putting that link about something that was clearly stated to falsely ban so many people, but ok. Also didn't just happen in APB, Rainbow Six Siege, if i am not wrong and some other games, you can just google it...

Am sure there are a lot more games with it but can't be bothered searching for them..Also good job at just putting the first part in bold but not the other where i said "which isn't really a new movement but still it would make micro strafing a lot faster to the point it could be considered a new movement."

Using null movement for strafing is faster than letting go of A and then press the oppositte and vice versa..tested this myself in cs go and l4d2. However i tested this on a non mechanical keyboard so i don't know exactly how quicker it would be, with a mechanical one vs null movement, still should be added because it wouldn't hurt it and buying a good mechanical keyboard just to be able to strafe faster in apb....

"i don't understand what a skill based movement mechanic is" again, good job at ignoring the rest where i said "And obviously you can press W or S when going left and right to avoid cancelation but that is a lot more predictable movement, a lot less of micro tracking and a lot easier to track. Also losing less velocity when just strafing left,right/front,back."

Using w or s while strafing left and right is already a skill based movement because you won't cancel your movement. I have actually encountered this quite a lot which makes players a lot easier targets. Once i have started focusing a lot more on my movement rather than my aim i got so much better at the game. Knowing when to use which. Also you just keep asking to add all those crazy movements to make players like monkeys thinking it will make the game harder rather than focusing on mastering the current movements, even though there isn't much it's not easy to master and once you do game becomes so much easier. I am sure that people who play Valorant or CS GO are very bored of just using W,A,S,D and SHIFT. Also in apb just like in CS GO there are movements to master, when stopping instead of just using the opposite key of the direction you are going to stop yourself you are supposed to use SHIFT as well and knowing when to stop at the corner, not too early, not too late..while in apb it isn't as competitive as it is in CS GO there surely is a lot to learn. Also there are plenty of jumps you can do to boost yourself to the spots you would normally have to use ladders to get to which could in some cases require an extra 5-10 seconds which could get you killed and so on...

3 STK shotgun wouldn't work because of how fast they are shooting..i literally explained enough with the simple example of how it would play out, which if you play the game you would know. Unless they have no cover, which even currently is not that hard to beat with oca. By the time you go all the way behind the corner where the player is hiding, depending on how far the corner goes you would already take 2 shots and by the time you come around the corner and start shooting the player will already be ready for the 3rd shot.I don't know if i want to talk about the exact stats shotguns should have but the problem with the shotguns currently is not in the damage (obviously inconsistency is another one), but the fire rate. Also reduce amount of pellets because often server won't register all of them (even when you see bullets hit the ground, sometimes the server will register those that hit the ground but not those that hit the player) , tighten the spread, lower the range..

And obviously shotguns need to have higher TTK even though they are CQC, you don't just take weapon that fires one shot and does so much damage into low TTK..Also STRIFE has it's flaws which is why i said "some balance".

Wall jumping wouldn't work because of hitboxes, that being one of the reasons. Hitboxes are already bad enough when ending climbing up the ladders, there is actually a split second in which you are in god mode because of how slow the server takes to update the hitbox( i will try to find a twitch clip of it). And wall jumping which everyone would use almost all the time, i don't even want to think about it... Also that wouldn't work well even on their new servers they used for beta test. Like i said, they would need higher tickrate server for that, but i am probably wrong on the tickrate for this one.

Since there is an article about it but idk how good it is:

https://www.gamepur.com/guides/what-is-the-apex-legends-server-tick-rate

idk how much of it would apply to APB

and blabla i can't be bothered reading anymore,  i will edit later if i missed something...

Edited by jmiIos

When engine news?More than 2 weeks now..i guess something serious pop up once again and thats why is the silence