Cyberpunk 2077

1 hour ago, Cormacnoah said:

Pretty much sums up my initial reaction

-snip-

That Easter egg at the end of the trailer though

Edited by Zolerox

seems interesting

ill wait till i can tell whether the open world is actually used or not

Since my post on their youtube page was overlooked it's here.

If you pause the end of the trailer at the right time.

First piece

1PNvrgf.png

2nd piece

o2oaaY9.png

And me doing the work for you (Spoiler)

[Here's what it says when both images are combined.]

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer then we planned. Sorry for that. As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realize you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't like anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :). But, to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorpations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and... , well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews! Before we finish, you probably have some questions. 1. When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :) , but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own Publisher. 2. How big? Seriously big, but... , to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you. 3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM Expect nothing less then you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC. 4. Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts? Once again, Thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit Cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously. Yours, CD PROJEKT RED team

Edited by Zolerox

"Cyberpunk Will be First Person"

So not Exactly apb...

Im sooo happy for 1st person view. I just couldnt get into Witcher because of the over the shoulder/3rd person. The world felt distanced, small, I just didnt feel immersed. 

15 hours ago, killerskull said:

Im sooo happy for 1st person view. I just couldnt get into Witcher because of the over the shoulder/3rd person. The world felt distanced, small, I just didnt feel immersed. 

I think it is good they are doing it this way. It means that first person combat will actually be good which usually is not the case with games that are also made with third person in mind. But it also allows third person to likely be modded in eventually so that players can have both.

wait it’s fps?

hype deleted 

I thought you could change between first person and third person

13 hours ago, Cormacnoah said:

I thought you could change between first person and third person

Only in vehicles. The cutscenes are also third person. My guess is, that they forced first person view, to make the world seem bigger and more immersive, and to stand out from other RPGs in the market, which seems a bit silly to be honest. BUT - I have faith in CD Projekt, they're a wonderful developer, and going by the E3 trailer, this is going to be an amazing game.

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 so I'm excited to play this game.