3 hours ago, xFlame said:

Hi how's it going, this thread is more focused on players that arent as skilled as the big veterans in this game. But I'm also very happy to know their opinion on this subject.

Basically, I've got 360 hours in this game. And for some games that is a lot! And you should have some form of skill in the game, and I'm not wrong I do, It's very noticeable when I join a bronze district.

But because I play so good in a bronze district I eventually become gold threated and I'm forced to play in a silver district. And this is basically where my hate for this game grows. It is hardly possible for me

To make my way through these districts because I am being teamed up with these crazy ninja dudes and dudettes, I do not feel like I'm making any progress skill wise because I do not get the chance to actually do something.

It's hardly possible for me to get even near these people, it only takes them 1,5 seconds to kill me with ex. an NTEC but when I do the same. I just can't manage to pull it of. Not because I can't get in control of the recoil but they always get me first. It doesn't matter who started the firefight. When I play in a bronze district I can literally play this game all day long, but when I'm forced to play in the silver districts, I usually leave the game immediately after getting anal fisted without any lube. I just want to know what type of changes are going to be made to make a difference in this. And what you guys think about it, how you deal with this. and if you have any tips for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post,

Gardenias.

Generally speaking when I go against people such as yourself I like to take it easy and give the enemy team a chance...you know until someone taunts me...

6 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

No, there is learning the basics and launching to play. Right now is like this.

And stop saying there are not middle players, there are. Ive been in action district and there are plenty of silvers fighting anyone like champs, even some listen to what you say and try to improve themselves. We need more of those players and not the ones that just cry "omg a gold, i need to go back to bronze to kill zombies".

ok, this thing over here tries to pin on me stuff not that i just didnt said, but stuff that directly contradics the things i've said.

thats a good clue for anybody that you're just trolling, and its a good point for me to stop answering and feeding the troll.

cheers to everybody!

polar-bear-6.jpg

Hi how's it going, this thread is more focused on players that arent as skilled as the big veterans in this game. But I'm also very happy to know their opinion on this subject.

Basically, I've got 360 hours in this game. And for some games that is a lot! And you should have some form of skill in the game, and I'm not wrong I do, It's very noticeable when I join a bronze district.

But because I play so good in a bronze district I eventually become gold threated and I'm forced to play in a silver district. And this is basically where my hate for this game grows. It is hardly possible for me

To make my way through these districts because I am being teamed up with these crazy ninja dudes and dudettes, I do not feel like I'm making any progress skill wise because I do not get the chance to actually do something.

It's hardly possible for me to get even near these people, it only takes them 1,5 seconds to kill me with ex. an NTEC but when I do the same. I just can't manage to pull it of. Not because I can't get in control of the recoil but they always get me first. It doesn't matter who started the firefight. When I play in a bronze district I can literally play this game all day long, but when I'm forced to play in the silver districts, I usually leave the game immediately after getting anal fisted without any lube. I just want to know what type of changes are going to be made to make a difference in this. And what you guys think about it, how you deal with this. and if you have any tips for me.

Gardenias.

Focus on leveling up your progression until you reach at least 195, preferably 255, before thinking about skill based gameplay (Yes I know this is a terrible thing you don't want to hear, but skill isn't going to be a factor until you have access to every possible weapon/vehicle/mod in the game, grind wins and losses until you get those ranks up.
afterwards, play in mission districts sparingly so as to not affect your threat if you simply can't handle silver, try playing fight club (all be it passive aggressively) until you reach the casual skills/reflexes to be at least low gold in silver and keep it. It's really not that hard to be there. Remember what happens in fightclub stays in fightclub.

Never dethreat on purpose. This limits your skill level further. This game has a large learning curve, talk to players you think are good, see what configs they use (screen res, mouse sensitivity, preferred loadout, etc.) Chances are if they can't answer these questions knowledgeably, they're a cheater. Watch out for those.

A long time in this game is upwards of 1500 to 10000 hours depending on how quickly you figure out how you want to play this, and how hard you practice. Every match you have is just more practice, it doesn't matter what you're fighting, every bit helps. Work on muscle memory, memorizing common missions, the city map, and even shortcuts in vehicles.
Bronze is easy because all bronze people know is how to point and shoot. Noone skillful is there to show anyone how cover works, where to be, how to flank, what weapons to use, etc. It's a waste of your time to be there.

Best of luck
                        CrunkGirl - a ragefully nice veteran.

Edit: Was this really so hard to post? Everyone arguing about whether or not it's ok for the OP to dethreat, or talking about how there isn't any answers because the game itself is broken, or talking about how the districts have separate standards of skill.... do any of you actually play this game and figure out how to enjoy it? or are you going to whine like brats on a forum instead? Answer the OP's questions, noone asked for subjectively-off-subject opinions about the GAME, this is about the OP, and how he can gain more skill in the current state of the game. 

Edited by CrunkGirl
gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

ok, this thing over here tries to pin on me stuff not that i just didnt said, but stuff that directly contradics the things i've said.

thats a good clue for anybody that you're just trolling, and its a good point for me to stop answering and feeding the troll.

cheers to everybody!

Keep on those cheap "you are just trolling" arguments.

This is how the game is right now, you like it or not. And if you get stuck on bronze killing zombies and make them quit you wont not only not progress but kill the chance to have people to play with in the future. If you are smart enough to type in a forum you are smart enough to ask for help in game, some one may teach you or orientate you the very least to learn to play.

636027114617396897-black-bear.jpg

Gardenias.

When I am in a very mismatched mission I always exit the game and never feed them kills.  It's a loss but without the intense aggravation or long waiting time.

19 minutes ago, B0N3EZ said:

Well the bears are cute at least...

Lfmao

31 minutes ago, CrunkGirl said:

Focus on leveling up your progression until you reach at least 195, preferably 255, before thinking about skill based gameplay (Yes I know this is a terrible thing you don't want to hear, but skill isn't going to be a factor until you have access to every possible weapon/vehicle/mod in the game, grind wins and losses until you get those ranks up.
afterwards, play in mission districts sparingly so as to not affect your threat if you simply can't handle silver, try playing fight club (all be it passive aggressively) until you reach the casual skills/reflexes to be at least low gold in silver and keep it. It's really not that hard to be there. Remember what happens in fightclub stays in fightclub.

Never dethreat on purpose. This limits your skill level further. This game has a large learning curve, talk to players you think are good, see what configs they use (screen res, mouse sensitivity, preferred loadout, etc.) Chances are if they can't answer these questions knowledgeably, they're a cheater. Watch out for those.

A long time in this game is upwards of 1500 to 10000 hours depending on how quickly you figure out how you want to play this, and how hard you practice. Every match you have is just more practice, it doesn't matter what you're fighting, every bit helps. Work on muscle memory, memorizing common missions, the city map, and even shortcuts in vehicles.
Bronze is easy because all bronze people know is how to point and shoot. Noone skillful is there to show anyone how cover works, where to be, how to flank, what weapons to use, etc. It's a waste of your time to be there.

Best of luck

Edit: Was this really so hard to post? Everyone arguing about whether or not it's ok for the OP to dethreat, or talking about how there isn't any answers because the game itself is broken, or talking about how the districts have separate standards of skill.... do any of you actually play this game and figure out how to enjoy it? or are you going to whine like brats on a forum instead? Answer the OP's questions, noone asked for subjectively-off-subject opinions about the GAME, this is about the OP, and how he can gain more skill in the current state of the game. 

Thank you, I will keep this in mind. You're most definitely right. I really need more access to different types of weapons. I am currently using a reaper combined with a nano and that's really all I have. Leveling up gives me a variety of different weapons to use in different types of situations.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

The game needs matchmaking that selects from the pool of all players. As it is right now even if you fix rating that still doesn't solve the problem of the system only having a pool of 40 players to select from. We need phasing technology similar to how destiny 2 implements it.

Also you are too optimistic if you think all players have infinite skill ceilings. Some people just aren't as good, and that's that. People have peaks.

Destiny 2's phasing is a joke.

WoW did it first, and better.

1 hour ago, CrunkGirl said:

Best of luck

Well, the hard part is, in Bronze District, all you are going to do is lose against dethreated and reroll Gold's.

Much fun.

1. Trying to outplay players with lower ping. Say you're having 200ms+ its not an easy thing killing a enemy with lower ping say 20ms. High ping more TTK. 

Solution : choose a server in which u have a lower ping.

2. Trying to outplay players with a good pc. Explosions, driving at high speeds affect your frames.  

Gameplay wise:

Know the weapon damage, ranges, suitable weps wrt situation u're in.

You're using an alig and enemy is using a cr762 in 40m range. What are the odds alig will win the rifle? Even tho alig has a slightly lesser ttk than cr762 and the same stk.

Cqc: ntec vs smg/shotgun : you know whats gonna happen.

Watching streams and some of my preferences.

There are lots of things you can learn from other players.

1.Clever use of satchel from ShiniDesu. He's the best at it. Also hes a good shotgunner.

2. Dopefish is the best with nading enemies. Heard of dopenades?

3.Rooq is the best marksman.

4.Anxii for his usage of his ntec.

5. Dopefish again for using Stabba pig.

Play lots of fight club to learn about weapons and how they work in diff situations. Play in action districts to learn teamwork. Always remember, effective teamwork can win the most skillful enemies as well.

Edited by Defibrillator

1 minute ago, Defibrillator said:

I will tell what are the things you can do and what u cant do.

What you cant:

Trying to outplay players with lower ping. Say you're having 200ms+ its not an easy thing killing a 

the suspense is killing me

I love all these advices.

You all learned yourself - give that guy chance to do so cause right now i see ego stroking.

And he is right skill gap between silver threat and gold is so huge it sometimes worry me. You might meet trash gold but most likely you meet up experinced veteran when on silver you meet mediocre potatos most of time (well with expection of obvious dethreaters).

It's also one of many main reasons why people dethreat.

Edited by MitneAlt

4 hours ago, CrunkGirl said:

Best of luck

ei - i did anwer the OP with advice and such. you can check the first polar bear image in the post for it ;)

3 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Destiny 2's phasing is a joke.

WoW did it first, and better.

Well, the hard part is, in Bronze District, all you are going to do is lose against dethreated and reroll Gold's.

Much fun.

what about the division's phasing? 

17953.jpg

1 hour ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

what about the division's phasing? 

Eh... That's not really phasing either. It just removes other players in the open world, unless you matchmake, or go into the DZ. Destiny 2's is just... Random and bad. WoW would be the better example, as, if people are on the same thing as you, they phase in.

The hard part with APB is that part of it that makes it fun, is the chaos going on around you. Multiple people running missions while you are. And, with the open world, it's hard to think how they could do it seamlessly, because we want to stay away from loading times.

2 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Eh... That's not really phasing either. It just removes other players in the open world, unless you matchmake, or go into the DZ. Destiny 2's is just... Random and bad. WoW would be the better example, as, if people are on the same thing as you, they phase in.

The hard part with APB is that part of it that makes it fun, is the chaos going on around you. Multiple people running missions while you are. And, with the open world, it's hard to think how they could do it seamlessly, because we want to stay away from loading times.

yeah, i was talking about the division's matchmaking and DZ.

i have to disagree about the fun part. some years ago i thought "oooh so cool, crossed missions! its going to be chaos everywhere!" but now im all like "ugh...crossed missions, now i'll have no idea if i have to pay attention to the sounds or not".

APB's competitive nature is fun too, and thats what i enjoy.

my uninformed guess is that, we will be able to stay away from loading screens with a -really, really big re-engineering of the game- . it will be weird: players and cars will spawn arround us with the default model untill you load the actual character. but hey - its better than what we have atm.

polar-bear-mom-cub.ngsversion.1411256718

I tend to find that the core of players in bronze are about equal to the core of players in silver. Remember de-threating is surely bloomin' boring so the golds you see in a bronze district are obviously as good as your average silver in a silver district. But then bronze has those moments when you get a team of a load of new players.

In silver, you occasionally get a team of super ninjas like you say. So overall I find that I only do a bit better in bronze as most of the time I get teams of silver level people (despite what their actual threat level at the time is). When I get the super ninjas in a silver server I generally just ditch my LCR (average players don't realise I can beat their n-tec at distance with it) and start using cover a lot more. I still lose as I'm not that great but it's rarely terrible.

Definitely try to group with some like minded people. When we get a team of new players we tend to feel a bit disappointed:

We lost that mission btw as we were too busy killing everyone that we didn't realise someone had taken the item until it was too late. So still don't underestimate them lol.

5 minutes ago, WitchQueen said:

I tend to find that the core of players in bronze are about equal to the core of players in silver. Remember de-threating is surely bloomin' boring so the golds you see in a bronze district are obviously as good as your average silver in a silver district. But then bronze has those moments when you get a team of a load of new players.

In silver, you occasionally get a team of super ninjas like you say. So overall I find that I only do a bit better in bronze as most of the time I get teams of silver level people (despite what their actual threat level at the time is). When I get the super ninjas in a silver server I generally just ditch my LCR (average players don't realise I can beat their n-tec at distance with it) and start using cover a lot more. I still lose as I'm not that great but it's rarely terrible.

Definitely try to group with some like minded people. When we get a team of new players we tend to feel a bit disappointed:

~video~

5 minutes ago, WitchQueen said:

We lost that mission btw as we were too busy killing everyone that we didn't realise someone had taken the item until it was too late. So still don't underestimate them lol.

Eh... I wouldn't say that. The Dethreating Golds that do it on the daily aren't as bad as Silvers, or, they wouldn't be Gold. Threat is also calculated on a Global scale. I'd find the post where it talks about that, but, eh, don't care to this late.

The difference between Bronze Server Gold, and Silver Server Golds is one has skill, the other has to try REALLY hard against Green and Bronze new players.

Bet you can't guess who.

(And I always lose against Bronze and Greens.)

if u wanna play silver dist my suggestion is to get good

3 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

~video~

Eh... I wouldn't say that. The Dethreating Golds that do it on the daily aren't as bad as Silvers, or, they wouldn't be Gold. Threat is also calculated on a Global scale. I'd find the post where it talks about that, but, eh, don't care to this late.

The difference between Bronze Server Gold, and Silver Server Golds is one has skill, the other has to try REALLY hard against Green and Bronze new players.

Bet you can't guess who.

(And I always lose against Bronze and Greens.)

I'm really comparing 'dethreating golds' to 'silvers who play in a silver'. If you put the silvers who play in silver into a bronze they will probably become gold. Then they will go back to the silver district and gradually fall back to silver threat.

The 'dethreating golds' quickly become silver (in a silver server) because they're not trying but if they were to try they would still lose a lot and gradually become silver anyway. However, this would take them a lot longer and they would get angry.

If they were winning most of their games in a silver they wouldn't dethreat in the first place. That would be pointless.

Having said that, everyone is different and not all dethreaters are the same. Some silvers may even be pro but their best friends aren't great so they lose all the time.

What about a non-competitive(no threat) districts for people that want casual fun? You'd  need incentives for threat districts in that case i spose.

Dunno just spitballing.

Doubt theres enough playerbase for it

54 minutes ago, injury said:

if u wanna play silver dist my suggestion is to get good

I wonder if players like you actually think that you have any valuable input by saying something so mediocre and overused.

Edited by xFlame
  • Like 1

you are expressing your concern and im giving you a solution, getting good AND LEARNING FROM THOSE YOU OPPOSE will aid the problem instead of claiming you cannot do anything in those districts and typing on the forums about it. wanna play in silver dist? Adapt.

Edited by injury

2 minutes ago, injury said:

hes expressing his concern and im giving him a solution, getting good AND LEARNING FROM THOSE YOU OPPOSE will aid the problem instead of claiming he cannot do anything in those districts and typing on the forums about it. wanna play in silver dist? Adapt.

I am adapting, you can learn from multiple ways, playing is one of them. But getting advice from other players that have way more experience in the game than me is also "adapting"

Edited by xFlame

45 minutes ago, xFlame said:

I am adapting, you can learn from multiple ways, playing is one of them. But getting advice from other players that have way more experience in the game than me is also "adapting"

I may have gotten a wrong first impression from this thread as I initially took it as complaining and didn't take in the part where you ask for advice. I suggest watching streams of good players and focusing on what makes them play well and also taking higher skilled opposition as a learning opportunity to see what guns they use and tactics used that were most effective. Have a gun that you've found yourself weak with but others seem to destroy you with? Use that gun for awhile in fight club, for example if you were to solely use FBW for awhile in fight club you would rapidly start to understand the tap pattern and improve your tracking, tap pattern knowledge translates to ALOT of different guns in APB (Controlling your urge to click too fast causing the gun to jam or bloom windening). NEVER settle for the crutch solution for any primary or secondary such as a nano or PMG because although they're great, they aren't high skill curve guns that will aid in your overall improvement. 

Edited by injury
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, injury said:

I may have gotten a wrong first impression from this thread as I initially took it as complaining and didn't take in the part where you ask for advice. I suggest watching streams of good players and focusing on what makes them play well and also taking higher skilled opposition as a learning opportunity to see what guns they use and tactics used that were most effective. Have a gun that you've found yourself weak with but others seem to destroy you with? Use that gun solely for a week or so in fight club, for example if you were to solely use FBW for awhile in fight club you would rapidly start to understand the tap pattern and improve your tracking, tap pattern knowledge translates to ALOT of different guns in APB (Controlling your urge to click too fast causing the gun to jam). NEVER settle for the crutch solution for any primary or secondary such as a nano or PMG because although they're great, they aren't high skill curve guns that will aid in your overall improvement. 

Would've given you a like, but I ran out of them. I've been getting a lot of suggestions from players to try out fight club. I'm most definitely going to join those districts more because it seems like that is a good skill booster. Thank you

I've been playing almost 2000 hours, and I'm still losing against most golds in Silver District.

It's like they were in another league. Some super difficult to kill.

2ly207c.jpg

• Like 1