Hi how's it going, this thread is more focused on players that arent as skilled as the big veterans in this game. But I'm also very happy to know their opinion on this subject.

Basically, I've got 360 hours in this game. And for some games that is a lot! And you should have some form of skill in the game, and I'm not wrong I do, It's very noticeable when I join a bronze district.

But because I play so good in a bronze district I eventually become gold threated and I'm forced to play in a silver district. And this is basically where my hate for this game grows. It is hardly possible for me

To make my way through these districts because I am being teamed up with these crazy ninja dudes and dudettes, I do not feel like I'm making any progress skill wise because I do not get the chance to actually do something.

It's hardly possible for me to get even near these people, it only takes them 1,5 seconds to kill me with ex. an NTEC but when I do the same. I just can't manage to pull it of. Not because I can't get in control of the recoil but they always get me first. It doesn't matter who started the firefight. When I play in a bronze district I can literally play this game all day long, but when I'm forced to play in the silver districts, I usually leave the game immediately after getting anal fisted without any lube. I just want to know what type of changes are going to be made to make a difference in this. And what you guys think about it, how you deal with this. and if you have any tips for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post,

Gardenias.

Edited by xFlame
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Threat is on the list of things to be reworked. So thats good news. 

Do we have any more information about when LB/GF? will make these changes and implement them in the game?

EDIT: Or is it just a thing that has been said by them without a clear answer when and how

Edited by xFlame

I just do market PvP while waiting for comprehensible player tiers and separation in the game. No way on Earth I can enjoy a game where fellow (silver!) player can do x5 more kills than me in the same match. Especially after he turns gold and start de-threating killing me 10 times.

5 minutes ago, xFlame said:

Do we have any more information about when LB/GF? will make these changes and implement them in the game?

EDIT: Or is it just a thing that has been said by them without a clear answer when and how

It was only mentioned in the Q&A in regards to dethreating:

Q: What will you be doing to tackle dethreating, and if so how? And will there be changes to the threat system?
A: This is definitely one of those systems that fall under the “Critical Mechanics” segment earlier. The threat system has to be altered at a minimum, or if necessary, scrapped and started over. There’s just a fundamental flaw at tracking your progress over such a short timeframe. To be able to bring your threat down quickly should not happen, and should take much much longer. We see this as an exploit in some ways, if it is an exploit it should be dealt with. If there’s an exploit then it should be on us to fix it. Shame on us for leaving the exploit in for so long, that it has a name and people can look it up.    

Thats all we really know for now. 

1 minute ago, Letter said:

after he turns gold and start de-threating killing me 10 times.

He's doing it wrong and won't get de-threated for that unless he does enough stuff right to achieve positive end score.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It was only mentioned in the Q&A in regards to dethreating:

Q: What will you be doing to tackle dethreating, and if so how? And will there be changes to the threat system?
A: This is definitely one of those systems that fall under the “Critical Mechanics” segment earlier. The threat system has to be altered at a minimum, or if necessary, scrapped and started over. There’s just a fundamental flaw at tracking your progress over such a short timeframe. To be able to bring your threat down quickly should not happen, and should take much much longer. We see this as an exploit in some ways, if it is an exploit it should be dealt with. If there’s an exploit then it should be on us to fix it. Shame on us for leaving the exploit in for so long, that it has a name and people can look it up.    

Thats all we really know for now. 

Alright well, it's sort of vague but it gives us a sort of insight on how they view it. I assume it wont take very long for them to do something about it because they see it as a a "Critical Mechanic" I understand that some players like Letter don't even bother to do much in the game for now (Mission wise) because of the broken state of threads, but I don't want to do that. I wanna play the game, and I understand that at it's current state such a thing is going to be hard. So that's why I'm asking if there is any way for me to make my way through these players.

Edited by xFlame

Although you may have 360 hours in game it is because you are likely going up against players with thousands of hours over years. Players that know the ins and outs of every little detail.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xFlame said:

So that's why I'm asking if there is any way for me to make my way through these players.

Unfortunately there are no easy solutions. Many of the players you are facing have thousands of hours in game. Often players are playing in premade groups and using comms. 

If you can find a group to play with, and use comms yourself that will help some. But beyond that, try to worry less about winning or losing, and think more about your individual actions. Every death should be look at in terms of "what did I do wrong?" and "what could I have done differently?". 

But more than anything just hang in there, both threat assignment and your gameplay will get better. 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Op is silver and goes gold in bronze. As should be. 1.5 sec ttk is sorta long in this game. I mean you can stun someone with the worst of LTL in that time.

3 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Op is silver and goes gold in bronze. As should be. 1.5 sec ttk is sorta long in this game. I mean you can stun someone with the worst of LTL in that time.

I understand, but it's more of an estimation.

Being a good shot is one part. Knowing the maps with their ins and outs like back of your hand is another. Teamwork is also very important, a good team is so much more than sum of it's parts.

Then there's knowing/remembering what the last mission stage for each mission will be about - outtakes with built in wallhack, vip, item hold, scavenger, point hold, etc and being correctly prepared for that.

Edited by Chinook
  • Like 1

Yes, is indeed easy to go from T to gold... so if you are going to dethreat and stay dethreated and winning, rank should be taken in account. So probably you should be silver with rewards removed when joining bronze. And all people in bronze should get their rewards greatly decreased.

Edited by Excalibur!

Just now, Excalibur! said:

Yes, is indeed easy to from go T to gold... so if you are going to dethreat and stay dethreated and winning, rank should be taken in account. So probably you should be silver with rewards removed when join bronze. And all people in bronze should get their rewards greatly decreased.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am. But it already seemed like I wasn't getting as much XP and Standing in a bronze district as in a silver district. So they sort of already have something for that,

But it's not the same as complete removal of rewards. But I don't think that such a thing would be very wise to add.

5 minutes ago, xFlame said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am. But it already seemed like I wasn't getting as much XP and Standing in a bronze district as in a silver district. So they sort of already have something for that,

But it's not the same as complete removal of rewards. But I don't think that such a thing would be very wise to add.

Yes it is, because people who gets stagnant shouldnt be rewarded. It creates the problem that we know as "dethreaters".

After rank 80-100 (even less i dare to say) you should be forced to silver threat.

Edited by Excalibur!

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Yes it is, because people who gets stagnant shouldnt be rewarded. It creates the problem that we know as "dethreaters".

After rank 80-100 you should be forced to silver threat.

But that would mean that, me being in a silver district while being gold gets me no rewards because I'm well.... In a silver district. Seems kind of problematic for now, and for everyone

3 minutes ago, xFlame said:

But that would mean that, me being in a silver district while being gold gets me no rewards because I'm well.... In a silver district. Seems kind of problematic for now, and for everyone

At some point you need to learn to play... this is exactly what drown this game, rewarding players the same for their skills and effort put into the game. Thinking for a few bad players just to milk them almost killed the game.

EDIT: rewarding the same low and high skilled threats, aswell as low rank and max ranks... thats what i tried to say. Ram raid also is an issue.

Edited by Excalibur!

4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

At some point you need to learn to play... this is exactly what drown this game, rewarding players the same for their skills and effort put into the game. Thinking for a few bad players just to milk them almost killed the game.

Well.. Like I said before, there's no way for someone to actually "Learn to play" because I'm being teamed up against veterans as mentioned above. APB is currently in my opinion more focused on more skilled players than beginners. And I do believe that's actually what's killing the game, when a new player joins the game they will literally get obliterated by those people and leave immediately.

Edited by xFlame

Just now, xFlame said:

And I do believe that's actually what's killing the game, when a new player joins the game they will literally get obliterated by those people and leave immediately. 

Pretty much this at the moment, sad, but the cold hard truth.

Just now, xFlame said:

Well.. Like I said before, there's no way for someone to actually "Learn to play" because I'm being teamed up against veterans as mentioned above. APB is currently more focused on more skilled players than beginners. And I do believe that's actually what's killing the game, when a new player joins the game they will literally get obliterated by those people and leave immediately.

Thats exactly how i learnt to play, facing better players and learning from their tactics.

Dont even try to fool anyone in here, its pretty obvious what  you want to do: keep punishing low threats and starters, boosting your ego and getting well rewarded meanwhile having a lot of fun at their expense. Thats really nasty.

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Thats exactly how i learnt to play, facing better players and learning from their tactics.

Dont even try to fool anyone in here, its pretty obvious what  you want to do: keep punishing low threats and starters, boosting your ego and getting well rewarded meanwhile having a lot of fun at their expense. Thats really nasty.

Yeah... you're not making any sense anymore, you kind of never did, but what ever. Have a good one.

Edited by xFlame

46 minutes ago, xFlame said:

Hi how's it going, this thread is more focused on players that arent as skilled as the big veterans in this game. But I'm also very happy to know their opinion on this subject.

Basically, I've got 360 hours in this game. And for some games that is a lot! And you should have some form of skill in the game, and I'm not wrong I do, It's very noticeable when I join a bronze district.

But because I play so good in a bronze district I eventually become gold threated and I'm forced to play in a silver district. And this is basically where my hate for this game grows. It is hardly possible for me

To make my way through these districts because I am being teamed up with these crazy ninja dudes and dudettes, I do not feel like I'm making any progress skill wise because I do not get the chance to actually do something.

It's hardly possible for me to get even near these people, it only takes them 1,5 seconds to kill me with ex. an NTEC but when I do the same. I just can't manage to pull it of. Not because I can't get in control of the recoil but they always get me first. It doesn't matter who started the firefight. When I play in a bronze district I can literally play this game all day long, but when I'm forced to play in the silver districts, I usually leave the game immediately after getting anal fisted without any lube. I just want to know what type of changes are going to be made to make a difference in this. And what you guys think about it, how you deal with this. and if you have any tips for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post,

Gardenias.

aaaaah yes, it sucks to be trapped in the "non-belongingness" of apb, too good for bronze, too bad for silver

that said, untill they fix the matchmaking system, you only have 2 ways to go: you eather beacome a dethreater and beacome a bronze district gold, or you suck it up and beacome a silver district silver. ("bronze district gold" and "silver district silver"; because it seems that both bronze district and silver district uses diferent standars to say who is a gold and who is a silver. generally speaking, golds from the bronze district will have equal or less skill than seasoned silvers from the silver district -enfasis on seasoned-)

if you decide to continue your adventure into the silver district, let me give you a couple of tips on how to get better. some of these might look like tips for newbies, but i've seen lots of people not remembering the basics:

-be concious of the radar: if you shoot, or if you drive, you're showing up on the enemy's radar. same for your enemies. so dont just park your car next to the door leading to the objective and be sourpriced when all the enemy team was aiming down at the entrance door.

-be concious of your surroundings: dont get tunnel vision, look arroudn

-be concious of your team: your team can be eather cannon fodder(you sacrifice them to hurt your enemies so you can finish them off), distraction(you flank while they fight), or teammates (you fight along them), but you have to be concious of your team. just spawning and running towards the enemy alone makes YOU the cannonfodder, so wait for your team, and be concious of what the heck they are doing. do not push alone.

-do intel: use your 3rd person view to watch arround the corners, rushing without knowing where the enemy is or what they are doing can be... bad for your health

-do positioning: if you know where your enemy is, think on where to position yourself to get the best advantage.

-do not shoot without cover: if you're not behind cover, dont shoot your enemies. you complain that they can kill you pretty fast, well, if you're behind cover, using Q and E, some bullets will get sucked by the cover, giving you a couple of milisecond extra. valuable miliseconds.

-not everything is shooting skills: you'll improve a lot just by following "do intel", "do positioning" and "do not shoot without cover". gunning, you'll learn with practice

-ask yourself what you could have done diferent when you die: dont let frustration take your soul - analize the situation, ask yourself what you did wrong, what other options you had.

-find a good clan: if you can. if your clan is communicative and focus on improving, it can be beneficial.

everything else, will come with experience and practice.

good luck getting out as a silver district gold, or staying as a bronze district gold. choise is yours!

4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

After rank 80-100 you should be forced to silver threat.

havent we already talked a lot about how rank is not a good skill level indicator and how forcing players into a district almost killed the game?

Polar-bears-Play.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was a gold player before I finished playing in 2014 or so, then after coming back got my arse kicked so hard by people playing for all that time in silver districts I dethreated to silver. Since most of my friends were silver beforehand, I stuck to bronze districts and - lo and behold - with those matchups, wins felt achievable.

If I go HVR and can communicate with my team, I can almost hang in silver districts. The thing is, the matchups have such huge skill differences the matches simply aren't fun. It's the difference between getting in a bar-room brawl after a drunken night out vs trying to take out a black belt in karate. You might be able to land a blow but you're going to get reamed - and it's simply not fun or rewarding. Yeah, git gud and all that, but for people who don't really have the time (Or years) to dedicate to ceaseless playing, going up against golds as an average player is all too often a one-sided stomp.

I don't encourage dethreating in order to stomp people who can't fight back, but for new or average players? I can definitely see the reasons why they do it. I think if you're a long-term player you owe it to yourselves to not go full tryhard if you are one of those people with competency in the game who choose to play in bronze instances - use weapons you're unfamiliar with or give the enemy a sporting chance - but I have a much better time in bronze with my friends than I do in silver.

I honestly think there needs to be a rating beyond gold for the super superb players who've really earned it, but as it currently stands I don't mind losing in Silver... but golds don't like having me around, my less dedicated friends don't like playing against them, and I just don't have the inclination to play that hard all day.

• Like 3

Just now, xFlame said:

Yeah... you're not making any sense anymore, you kind of never did but what ever. Have a good one.

Okay, and remember, your days are counted dethreater. You cant just keep doing "well" (ridiculous excuse) and get stagnant in the same threat to enjoy yourself.

1 minute ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

aaaaah yes, it sucks to be trapped in the "non-belongingness" of apb, too good for bronze, too bad for silver

that said, untill they fix the matchmaking system,

Polar-bears-Play.jpg

realistically no matter what they do with the threat system there will always be people on the border between threats

• Like 1